• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Well, as EV spoiled for anyone reading this, I managed to FINALLY finish my collection of having all the shiny Megas in the game! With the exception of Mewtwo(not available) and Blaziken(event, so I didn't consider it needed for this). It took me just about a month and a half to get all of these. I'm not going to bother posting a pic of each of the Pokemon, as that would be too many pics. :P

5y8Ii.jpg
OMG. You crazy. xD
Congrats Dyl!!!!!! ♥♥♥

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Public Nintendo DS Internet Spots?

Hey, I heard there were places around that had free internet that a normal nintendo DS could use. Does anyone know about these, or what places they'd be? I'm currently trying to trade pokemon globally in Pokemon Black 2..so...yeah...

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Hey, I heard there were places around that had free internet that a normal nintendo DS could use. Does anyone know about these, or what places they'd be? I'm currently trying to trade pokemon globally in Pokemon Black 2..so...yeah...

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Most places like McDonalds or Starbucks do have the correct internet type to be able to use, but the only problem with them is the fact that they all make you agree to their terms and services of use before you can actually use the internet in any way. I could never find anywhere that didn't make you do that, so i'm not entirely sure of any way you could get around that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Most places like McDonalds or Starbucks do have the correct internet type to be able to use, but the only problem with them is the fact that they all make you agree to their terms and services of use before you can actually use the internet in any way. I could never find anywhere that didn't make you do that, so i'm not entirely sure of any way you could get around that.

McDonald's for a time allowed the original DS to be used without needing to log in through a web browser through some special partnership with Nintendo, but that ended quite some time ago. Even most branches of the local library have a web page login that you have to click ok to terms of use in order to acess. I have found that in my own local area that only one branch of the local library still has no login, and a handful of independent coffee shops.

I have found that the 3DS is very hotspot friendly, it appears that most hotspots allow me on without changing my settings. I do find only being able to save three seperate wi-fi locations to be VERY limiting considering how many places you are likely to carry a portable device. I have my house, the local library, and one coffee shop I am at a lot. But it seems to me that AT&T Wi-Fi are the ones that just show up on my 3DS without even needing to login. The library is the mildly annoying one, as depending on where in the library you are standing depends on which router you end up connected to and they each have a different name. I wish Nintendo had some forethought on that 3 network limit... or at the least made the Wi-Fi setup it's own menu on the home screen instead of needing to end the settings to change it.

Years
I've had no luck getting hold of shinies via the GTs but I am attempting to hatch myself a shiny skitty. I've hatched about 400 eggs and nothing yet :/ It's beginning to look like it will never happen. :(
I really want a shiny furfrou next but I am NO going to masuda method for it haha xD
I managed to KO 2 shiny pokemon though playing in the safari zone. I KO'ed a shiny skarmory then KO'ed a shiny dugtrio. *oh the shame*

Years
I found a little guide the other day to IV breeding and I really want to try that :> that or just keep doing Masuda method on a Japanese Alakazam with an American Ditto so I can get a shiny Abra.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Scatterbug hates me. Like really hates me. I had to start breeding with regular Safari parents but now that 5IV is eluding me. All of my babies are coming out as,

31/x/31/31/x/31
31/x/x/31/31/31
31/x/31/x/31/31

I could go on all day but pretty much it's a 4IV fest. Any variation really without Att as a possibility. Although I believe I may get a random roll of 31 Att before I get the proper 5IV baby I need.

Years
Snatched a shiny Hawlucha off the GTS for my last Articuno - sadly it has 0 Atk.

Ahh, still pretty great! I'd keep the little guy around as a trophy. I actually managed to nab a shiny Hawlucha in the Friend Safari a few weeks ago and from what I remember he had perfect attack IVs. Good enough for me. :3

I'm about to play X and see if I can find any good deals on the GTS. Will probably have to dig through tons of "give me a lv. 90 Zekrom for my Bidoof" requests first, though. Ugh.

Years
Just look through the first 10 to 15 if you want good deals, especially shinies. Anything past that is pretty much garbage save for a few that don't get noticed.

I've gotten a box full of shinies this way, though be sure to have a legendary handy, especially Articuno. Also be sure to do this before Christmas.

Probably why it was on the GTS. Too bad, I guess. But it's shiny!

The thing is, I've legitimately gotten some 3IV shinies off the GTS before several times. I'm still happy with a Hawlucha, though. It was one of my most sought after shinies for a while.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Just look through the first 10 to 15 if you want good deals, especially shinies. Anything past that is pretty much garbage save for a few that don't get noticed.

I've gotten a box full of shinies this way, though be sure to have a legendary handy, especially Articuno. Also be sure to do this before Christmas.

The thing is, I've legitimately gotten some 3IV shinies off the GTS before several times. I'm still happy with a Hawlucha, though. It was one of my most sought after shinies for a while.

It is a nice one. Now time to trophy case it and never touch it again, yeah?

Years
Wanna see my trophy case

I probably won't see any more use for GTS as far as shiny hunting is concerned. I already have most Gen VI shinies I like (which is a lot) and more importantly, I'm out of legendaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back