• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Inferna's Thread of Art

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
Hi :3
I'm reasonably new here and decided to show off my art. I mainly draw digitally but have drew traditionally in the past. I use sai. I'll just post a few things for just now.

this_is_the_test_i_left_land_for_by_extrasupervery-d5beoow.png

desert_winds_by_extrasupervery-d587kt1.png

scyther_by_infernrar-d4zpk0h.png

things_by_infernrar-d524pfq.png

altaria_by_infernrar-d524trq.png

meowth_by_infernrar-d56jxt3.png

escavalier_and_karrablast_by_infernrar-d3cqgyi.png

I'll try and update this as often as I can c: hope you like my work, c&c appreciated!

Years
Hi there, welcome to the gallery~! :D Great to see you posting your stuff here!

I really like the softness of your coloring in the first few images, it's really nice on the eyes. :3 That little glowing detail in Sharpedo's eye is also very pretty, little things like those make pictures so great to look at!

Keep doing what you're doing, though I would really recommend working on your anatomy and body shapes a little more! n_n Sableye's body looks somewhat "bendy" for lack of better term and it's hard to tell where the limbs attach and such. But yeah, all-in-all, just keep doing what you're doing but pay extra close attention to the body shape and anatomy. I'll be looking forward to seeing more!

Years
Lovely work. I love how you gave personality to the pokemon you drew. In almost each drawing there's a sense of a story which is always playful and fun.

I can see a sense of your personal style through the different colors of each outline. Although, I'd love to see some more traditional art as well :D

Inferna

Years
Hi there, welcome to the gallery~! :D Great to see you posting your stuff here!

I really like the softness of your coloring in the first few images, it's really nice on the eyes. :3 That little glowing detail in Sharpedo's eye is also very pretty, little things like those make pictures so great to look at!

Keep doing what you're doing, though I would really recommend working on your anatomy and body shapes a little more! n_n Sableye's body looks somewhat "bendy" for lack of better term and it's hard to tell where the limbs attach and such. But yeah, all-in-all, just keep doing what you're doing but pay extra close attention to the body shape and anatomy. I'll be looking forward to seeing more!

Thank youuu c:
yeah i've been told a lot to work on my anatomy, it's gotten a lot better compared to what it was though xD

Lovely work. I love how you gave personality to the pokemon you drew. In almost each drawing there's a sense of a story which is always playful and fun.

I can see a sense of your personal style through the different colors of each outline. Although, I'd love to see some more traditional art as well :D

I'm drawing something just now so in the mean time here's some more trad stuff:
birthday_medic_by_infernrar-d4e3s5x.png

a present for a friend, the medic from tf2

luxray_by_infernrar-d46aqwm.png

running_from_the_light_of_day_by_infernrar-d412t33.png

yeah i can't draw horses :u

pidgeot_by_infernrar-d3gho2l.png

all of these are from last year, my anatomy wasn't as great then x3

expect some more art up soon~ :3

Years
I think I prefer your traditional over digital art XD I really like the traditional ones.

Something I love doing is combining traditional and digital together. Meaning, using traditional line art/little shade + digital base color + little shade.

here's an example of what I'm talking about XD http://ashjackson.net/images/works/flight.jpg

It has digital colors + traditional line art. Maybe something worth experimenting with since you can do both ^^ Color pencil shading also has a nice texture so something to think about too.

Inferna

Years
I think I prefer your traditional over digital art XD I really like the traditional ones.

Something I love doing is combining traditional and digital together. Meaning, using traditional line art/little shade + digital base color + little shade.

here's an example of what I'm talking about XD http://ashjackson.net/images/works/flight.jpg

It has digital colors + traditional line art. Maybe something worth experimenting with since you can do both ^^ Color pencil shading also has a nice texture so something to think about too.

Thank you :D I only really started drawing digitally last year, been drawing traditionally for much much longer.
I've always wanted to try that, might give it a go soon c:

here's another drawing, an entry for a contest on deviant art, it's pretty huge so here's a link: http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/239/b/8/battle_at_stark_mountain_by_extrasupervery-d5clsq3.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2012
some nice images u got there, as someone said before, working on the anatomy should pay off, maybe you could sketch more before coloring your art so u get more interesting poses, angles, depth, etc.

Inferna

Years
some nice images u got there, as someone said before, working on the anatomy should pay off, maybe you could sketch more before coloring your art so u get more interesting poses, angles, depth, etc.

Thanks :3 and yup I'm trying to improve my anatomy as much as possible now~
A few more pictures:
mama_by_extrasupervery-d5ezdhy.png

a quick cacturne drawing:
vs_cacturne_by_extrasupervery-d5ezp84.png

Back