• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

White: All Old-Gen Team

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I am planning to play through White once again, but this time using all old-gen Pokemon. I plan to have my team like this eventually once the proper moves and TMs are accessible. I am hard-set on which Pokemon I'm using, but movesets are widely negotiable.

Lanturn: Thunderbolt; Signal Beam; Surf; Ice Beam

Torkoal: Flamethrower; Shell Smash; Earthquake; Stone Edge
I am also considering this for Torkoal: Flamethrower; Shell Smash; Sunny Day; SolarBeam

Cacturne: Seed Bomb (breed); Sucker Punch; Swords Dance; Brick Break

Altaria: Fly; Dragon Pulse; Dragon Dance; Flamethrower

Pinsir: X-Scissor; Swords Dance; Superpower; Stone Edge

Mismagius: Nasty Plot (breed); Psychic; Shadow Ball; Energy Ball

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
Years
I am planning to play through White once again, but this time using all old-gen Pokemon. I plan to have my team like this eventually once the proper moves and TMs are accessible. I am hard-set on which Pokemon I'm using, but movesets are widely negotiable.

Lanturn: Thunderbolt; Signal Beam; Surf; Ice Beam
Very good choice of moves. My only idea would be perhaps an addition of Toxic instead of Signal Beam, to boost Lanturn's stall power. If you do that, you might want to add Protect as well, but I wouldn't.

Torkoal: Flamethrower; Shell Smash; Earthquake; Stone Edge
I am also considering this for Torkoal: Flamethrower; Shell Smash; Sunny Day; SolarBeam
Go with the first idea. Trying to set up Shell Smash while also setting up Sunny Day is quite hard, especially in-game.

Cacturne: Seed Bomb (breed); Sucker Punch; Swords Dance; Brick Break
Very good.

Altaria: Fly; Dragon Pulse; Dragon Dance; Flamethrower
You are overusing powerup moves, such as, in this case, Dragon Dance. Replace it with Thunderbolt, Ice Beam or Earthquake.

Pinsir: X-Scissor; Swords Dance; Superpower; Stone Edge
See Altaria. Replace Swords Dance with Earthquake and Superpower with Close Combat.

Mismagius: Nasty Plot (breed); Psychic; Shadow Ball; Energy Ball
Again, you overuse powerup moves. Replace Nasty Plot with Thunderbolt.
As for the entire team, you might want to add another wall such as Skarmory. If you choose Skarmory, replace Altaria and use Fly/Rock Slide/Steel Wing/Spikes.
All in all, it is good except for the powerup move overuse. You shouldn't have to set up every time you fight.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
As for the entire team, you might want to add another wall such as Skarmory. If you choose Skarmory, replace Altaria and use Fly/Rock Slide/Steel Wing/Spikes.
All in all, it is good except for the powerup move overuse. You shouldn't have to set up every time you fight.

I understand what you're saying about the powerup moves on Pokemon like Mismagius and Pinsir, since they already have rather high offensive Stats. As far as keeping Altaria, this is mainly because I want to have a Dragon-type move in my team. So, Altaria is staying. With Pinsir having Close Combat, very well. Same power, and doesn't cut offensive stats. Thanks.

EDIT: After consideration, I have decided to use Lucario instead of Pinsir. This is his planned moveset: Aura Sphere; Flash Cannon; Dark Pulse; Dragon Pulse

Last edited:
Back