• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Shiny Race

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018

The Shiny Race Challenge

Hey, I'm Soapy, a veteran Shiny Hunter, and this is Graine, you know, the guy that killed the only Shiny he ever saw. We decided to do a Shiny Race, where we'll compete with each other to see who will get the target Shiny first. Both equipped with the Shiny Charm and our trusty Sweet Scent/False Swipe partners, we are going to Shiny hunt Hordes Pokémon in Gen 6 games. The rules are simple:
  • Shiny needs to be caught to count
  • Other Shinies can be caught, but only the Currently Hunting Shiny will count
  • We start to our first Sweet Scent at the same place and time
  • You are welcome to take bets on who will get the Shiny first!
I will log our adventures in the posts below, while the first post will be updated. Click on the Shinies' images in the scoreboard to jump directly to the post.

mawile.gif

Scoreboard Soapy

paras.gif

Scoreboard Graine

mawile.gif

Extra Soapy

paras.gif

Extra Graine

Currently Hunting

bidoof.gif
CSS made by Soapy

Last edited:
Years
I believe in Graine, so I'm betting on him! Good luck with the shiny hunting tho, I did some shiny hunting in oras with sweet scent too

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018

The Shiny Hoppip

hoppip.gif

A long time ago, back in the Gold/Silver version, the elusive Shiny Pokémon were added. They didn't have a name yet, but everyone knew the famous Red Gyarados. A young boy, Game Boy in hand, encountered a Green and Sparkly Hoppip in the grass. Foolishly thinking it was a Boss Pokémon, he killed it for extra EXP. The RNG Gods did not reward his decision, as the lad would never encounter a Shiny again...

So! I decided, let's race to a Shiny Hoppip first! Will Graine reclaim the lost Shiny? Or be Further humiliated by the RNG Gods? We boot our consoles and head to Route 7 in X,
where Horde Hoppip is a 60% Encounter. I show him the patch of grass he needs to go in.

Graine: I don't even know where to go, you'll cheat and start before me!
Soapy: ...the patch of grass is right there, I'm waiting for you.​

We settle in the grass and we use Sweet Scent at the same time. We both get our first horde....both a Psyduck horde. Graine giggles, we run away. We use Sweet Scent again and...I hear the distinctive sound of a Shiny Sparkle. I'm confused because my own Shiny Mawile I use to hunt isn't out yet! I look over to Graine, who looks at me with a smug face:
Graine: Vas t'coucher. (Go to bed.)​
It took him 2 hordes. Litteraly two hordes to get his Shiny Hoppip. WELL, we're off to a fantastic start!
hoppip.gif
CSS made by Soapy

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Wow Graine is off with a running start. Looks like the RNG Gods were waiting all this time to smile upon him.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
My bet is on Soapy our fearless Tradercorner Leader. In Soapy and Labrie we trust.

dblanton361

Inactive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 19, 2018
Soapy has this in the bag! The RNG gods may have blessed Graine once, but Soapy will win!!!

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Can you guys do Shiny Sudowoodo next

lmao Graine needs to finish the game first, he doesn't even have the second badge since he restarted not long ago :P

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018

The Shiny Wingull

wingull.gif

Last Shiny hunt was high in emotions; slightly disappointed I lost, but still overjoyed Graine got his Shiny Hoppip back. I kept trying to horde hunt in the Grass while he went to train in the Battle Chateau. After a few minutes, I gave up and told him, Round 2, let's go to Route 8.

Obviously I get to Route 8 first, then I show Graine where to go. The target is Wingull, and we start hunting immediately. There's a lot of Zangoose hordes with a single Seviper... I remembered the Zangoose turn on the Seviper in these battles, wouldn't it be just awful if the Seviper was shiny? It's pretty late and I don't think either of us will get a Shiny soon.

Graine: What does Shiny Wingull looks like?
Soapy: The little blue stripes on their wings becomes pale green.
Graine: Aw, I'm sure I'll miss it if I get one!
Soapy: You just need to listen to the audio cue of the sparkles...​

Then we hear it. The unmistakable sound of a shiny glitter. I look at my screen in surprise...no Shiny. I look over at Graine, as calm as ever, in front of that damn green Wingull. 32 hordes. He dabs.
wingull.gif
CSS made by Soapy

Last edited:

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
Yes yes keep betting on Soapy. I feast on tears and broken dreams.

While everyone is cheering the Veteran, the Underdog is calmly silencing the haters, one dab at a time.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
/ bashes the door in
I HEARD RUMORS THAT MY BELOVED PARTNER WAS GETTING DABBED AT FOR LOSING.
THIS IS UNNACCEPTABLLLLLLLLE.

Anyway, I came to say good luck to Soaps! I don't have much Shiny luck myself, but I can maybe give you some of my burning hatred passion! / rubs it all over Soaps

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Lol wow soap you are letting us down :c

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
I'd like to dedicate my 2 wins to everyone supporting me, for keeping it real and believing in me.

I wish more people would vote for me.. I'm so lonely...

Back