gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
20,475 posts
7.5 Years
One of the things that plagues all writers to some degree is the dreaded "writer's block" where you just cannot seem to produce any ideas or make the words flow. Us RPers are far from being immune to this unfortunate occurrence and it can be quite the frustration at times.

How often do you find writer's block getting in the way of your RPing? Does it last long? How do you deal with writer's block?

Discuss all things related to this scourge against mankind here.

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 22
Male
That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Seen October 8th, 2019
Posted October 8th, 2019
10,789 posts
5.8 Years
I've had that for the last few weeks, but it's getting over now, luckily. It is really annoying, because it now took me about a month to work out a character background and write a sign up for Explorer's Guild.

Foxrally

Age 21
Male
a Torterra's back
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted October 10th, 2019
2,584 posts
6.6 Years
I find the best way to fix writer's block is to actually start writing :P

Though I rarely get it, it's usually laziness from my side xD
Paired to Ice and gimmepie
3DS Friend Code
0103-9972-1307
I make memes and other carcinogens

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent

Age 31
Male
Marysville, Washington State, United States
Seen March 1st, 2018
Posted March 1st, 2018
9,433 posts
5.7 Years
There have been times when I have been in a RP where I have had writer's block lasting for a week or more. I am not sure why it has lasted that long at times.
Owner of Play Well - The LEGO Fan Club

OSO STRONG

#TeamPopplio

aeternum

Not Suitable For All Ages

Indiana
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted July 18th, 2019
13,229 posts
6.7 Years
Most of my writer's block in regards to rping is just laziness. I just don't feel like writing, and so I end up putting it off. And most of the time its not really a big deal because half of my rp posts are jps anways. Either that or they go off of something that has already been established so there's not too much to think about yet.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
20,475 posts
7.5 Years
Writer's block got me a few times during Outbreak. It actually really helped because I changed the story and plot based on how my block got me. Haha.
Writer's block helped? Is that even possible?
You broke logic again Klippy.

Klippy

L E G E N D of

Age 27
Male
Disneyland
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted May 16th, 2019
16,383 posts
13.9 Years
Writer's block helped? Is that even possible?
You broke logic again Klippy.
I had one possible plot where we traveled to the military base and met up with some of Bratton's men, but I had writer's block on how to get us there, so I thought more and came up with the grocery store/Garner's stuff. :P

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
20,475 posts
7.5 Years
I had one possible plot where we traveled to the military base and met up with some of Bratton's men, but I had writer's block on how to get us there, so I thought more and came up with the grocery store/Garner's stuff. :P
That was so much fun actually.
Still I don't know if I'd call that helping haha
Advertiser Content