• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game of /Pokémon/ [OOC+SU]

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I have to say, the thing I'm most looking forward to with my character will be her reactions to the simplest things. Having been confined to her home all her childhood the smallest things will amaze her :)

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
I'm not really sure which reservations are still active or not. So I'm just gonna throw a rock out there and ask if I can sign up for Sky Kingdom?

E: ACTUALLY I looked back at the first page and there's an opening on Great Sea that I didn't notice before. I'll go for that.

Katherine Celia Burke
Allegiance: Kingdom of the Great Sea
Position: Other (Wealthy Merchant)
Appearance

Standing at five feet and seven inches, Katherine is both lean and distinct. In her city, it isn't hard for the citizens to recognize her long, brown, braided hair and her sharp, blue eyes. Katherine has thin, arched eyebrows and tanned skin from extended time in the Sea Kingdom's sun.

When Katherine is working she wears modest dresses and headpieces which allow her to blend in with her fellow merchants. Outside of that she wears long dresses and beautifully made gowns. Adorned with jewlry and intricate designs, Katherine's clothing adequately describes her wealth. While the dresses are beautiful, they are not as elegant as the dresses worn by nobles.
History
Even young, Katherine knew what it was like to be respected. Her father was the chief spokesman, or the leader, of the cities' Merchant Guild in one of the many cities in the Great Sea kingdom. As chief, he regulated trades and prices; with all his power he was seen much like the cities' mayor. As his daughter, Katherine would be one of the first to feel the effects of wealth.
However, Katherine's father didn't like the idea of lazy women and didn't allow his daughter to only enjoy the wealth: he made her work in it. With orders from her father, Katherine became an apprentice of the Merchant Guild when she became old enough and learned the trade. Instead of being an apprentice of the lower members of the guild she was taught directly by her father since becoming an apprentice to someone else meant signing her away. As she became more familiar with the trade, Katherine became a prominent member in the Merchant Guild, not because of her relationship for her father, but because she was able to perform her own duties, and well. Her training didn't quite stop there. Along with learning a trade, her father taught her how to fight as well. As it was part of the job for a merchant to travel, Katherine's father wanted her to learn to defend herself. With rigorous training from a tutor each day, Katherine learned not only how to effectively use a dagger, but a short sword in case any danger arose. She was also taught how to fight with a Pokemon. It was here that Katherine not only receive a pet, but a partner and a protector.
Katherine received her Pokemon, Mantle, as a young Squirtle that had been traded to them rather recently. Through their training, Mantle and Katherine became closer and closer and seem to be able to communicate just fine through handle signals and tilts of the head rather than talking. Mantle was trained to give power to Katherine's quick and (compared to a man) weaker movements. Together, Katherine and Mantle make a charming and well-connected team.
Mantle
Species: Wartortle
Nickname: Mantle
Estimated level: 32
Appearance
Mantle is a very healthy looking Pokemon. His tail and ears are the purest of white and his skin is a very full shade of blue. Mantle has many scars on it shell from battles and training, but regular polishing eliminates any worn look. In the center of Mantle's shell is the symbol of Katherine's guild. He carries around a satchel where he usually stores food, small items, and sometimes money or messages.

Last edited:
Years
Full name: Ser/Sir Guirmean Bevan
Allegiance: Kingdom of the Forest
Position: Knight
Appearance: Guirmean stands in at 5'11" with a muscular physique brought on from his years of service and training. His light black hair which flows down just below the neckline is usually messy, unkept, and tangled. When washed for formal events, it is washed and swept neatly back away from the face. Facial features include a short beard across his face complete with mustache and a broken nose that slightly left.

As a 'Guardian of the Forest,' the man wears the standard garb of dirt colored tunic with green pants. All this is covered by a green hooded cloak used for camouflage purposes. Guirmean's current set to wear in the forest is weathered and beat up, but for special occasions he will wear a fresher outfit to look dignified.

The armor he wears is lightweight but efficient for its size, consisting of greaves, vambraces, pauldrons, and a chest guard. While the Guardians do offer helms to members stationed at a barracks or defending a fortification, rarely do any of them wear it in the field.

Weaponry primarily consists of two short swords with sharpened pommels that resemble leaves and a long dagger. Heavier weapons have been used on occasion.

History: Born a distant cousin of the Forests current queen, Guirmean's birth to a reputable enough family that made his name mean something, but was not of much importance politically due to his house being under that of the Queen's. Being the son of a nobleman allowed Guirmean the privilege of weapon training at a young age. After coming of age, he followed the footsteps of many young men and became a member of the Kingdom's main military and police force, named the Guardians of the Forest.

Training was a fairly basic routine. The day would be focused on fighting techniques and the use of various weapons and other useful skills for life in the forest. Besides the physical aspect, lessons teaching the Kingdom's universal admiration for diplomatic negotiations and moderating the use of aggression was given to all trainees.

After training, Guirmean's skill with a blade and expert knowledge of the forest's layout gained him notoriety among his peers, though his skill with a bow was unimpressive. The majority of his peacekeeping assignment was centered on subduing criminals and highwaymen who used the tree's natural cover to escape pursuit of search parties of the other kingdoms as well as rob pedestrians who traveled alone.

Humans were not the only threat to the peace, and Guirmean has slain his fair share of aggressive Pokémon terrorizing the denizens of the land. His most memorable encounter was with an angrier than normal Scyther scarred all along its body. The battle was intense, but the larger mantis conceded the battle before a finishing blow could be struck. Feeling the rampage quelled, Guirmean felt no need to end its life. For whatever its reason may have been, the Pokémon began to follow around the guardian. At first it merely watched from a distance, but soon began taking part in battles to assist the green warrior before the two began to bond and become partners.

Over years of service, Guirmean's take on the Kingdom's diplomacy policy corrupted slightly. Constant fighting suggested to the man that evil would always exist to threaten his home as long as those who wield swords do. As a sword wielder, he felt he was a threat to the Kingdom, alongside the others in his profession. Even if the Guardians were evil, he considered them a needed evil to fend off the larger ones. His life wish is to be the sole wielder of this evil to secure the peace of his Kingdom, though he understands how unlikely his ideal is.

Pokémon
Species: Scyther "Dearc"
Appearance: A battle-worn Pokémon with a nearly constant glare, this Scyther has been fighting in battles long before partnering with Guirmean. Nicks riddle his exoskeleton and there are areas where the organic armor had been visibly completely torn off years ago, and newer but much weaker segments have replaced them. To compensate for this, Guirmean saw to the forging of custom armor plating on the lower abdomen in addition to greaves and pauldrons. An engraved helmet had also been crafted, but the Pokémon refuses to wear it.
Estimated level: 45

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alright, and here comes my SU! Make way! Also, I stole Sovereign's SU thingie <.< It looked too nice. Plus, we're doing a joined story, so it's FINE! Right? ... Right?

HUMAN
FULL NAME: Rowan de Corbeil

ALLEGIANCE: Kingdom of Dragons

POSITION: Protector of the Prince

APPEARANCE: Rowan is a young adult, and he definitely looks it as well. He's got short, somewhat tussled blackish-blue hair and icy blue eyes. Along his left arm, from his wrist and up to his shoulder, he has a dark and light-blue tattoo running up, the difference in colouring making it looks like it's glowing, in a pattern, much alike a dragon's breath in motion.
Unlike most knights, he isn't covered in armor, nor does he use a shield. Favoring speed and agility over defense, he only wears light, silvery-blue platemail along his shoulders, chest, sides and long boots.
He prefers wearing a pair of black, leather gloves, and the coat that's part of his armor has fur covering his neck in the semi-high collar to keep him warm while he's flying around on his dragon.
He has a dagger sheathed at his right side, and on his left, he keeps his bastard sword sheathed. A semi-long blade of the same icy-blue colour as his eyes, with a dark-blue gemstone grafted into the hilt. The sword was given to him by his father, whom had it specially crafted by one of the smiths in town, and so, it doesn't have a name. At least not yet.
Beneath his armor, and when he usually just relaxes, away from fighting or scouting of any kind, he wears a loose, short-sleeved black tunic and a pair of matching, black pants, but still prefers to wear his gloves, even then.
Spoiler:

HISTORY: From a very early age, Rowan was brought up with a sword in his hand, due to his father being one of the king's closest allies, and a high ranking member of his guard. As such, Rowan was being brought up to follow in his father's footsteps and protect the crown at all costs. Rowan's mother was a breeder, or a caretaker, for the kingdom's dragons, though she obviously wasn't alone in this, she still had the honorable profession of keeping the newborn and growing dragons of the kingdom healthy and strong.

While growing up, Rowan was paired off with the prince of the kingdom, since both the king and his friend, Rowan's father, felt it was necessary for the young prince to have a playmate to not grow up a cold and calculating tyrant, and instead introduce him to friendship early on. Rowan and Cyrus, the prince, grew close rather quickly and spent many months enjoying each other's company and having fun with one another.

As they grew up, the prince had to see to his duties more often, as did Rowan, such as going on patrols or keeping check of the dragons alongside either his mother or father. At the same time, his mother entrusted Rowan with a semi-young Druddigon who'd been in their family's care for a while, so Rowan had a good relationship going with it, as his father had his own Salamence following him around. The Druddigon seemed content with having been paired up with Rowan, and he in turn, was happy with having found a companion that he had known from when he was little.

Rowan and the prince didn't have much of a professional relationship and treated each other more as distant brothers than a prince and a servant, and despite their differences in status, they still enjoyed each other's company every so often. That is, until the prince's mother died.

As Cyrus pulled back, away from those around him, the politics and most of his princely duties, Rowan was the only one, aside from the king, that he seemed confident in trusting, and Rowan made it clear to him that he would never back down from his side, neither as a servant, nor a friend. It wasn't long until the king asked Rowan's father to allow Rowan himself to become the prince's protector and personal servant, to which both his father and Rowan agreed, happily at that.

Now Rowan and his Druddigon spends their days close to the prince, making sure that he's safe while also performing whatever tasks his young highness would have for him.
PARTNER
SPECIES: Druddigon

NICKNAME: Rex

APPEARANCE:
Rex's scales are a deep, dark-blue and his spikes and head are the same, dark-red as a normal Druddigon's would be. However, his tail is somewhat longer than a normal Druddigon's, as are his wings. There almost isn't a time when he's carrying around the saddle strapped onto his back in a harness with straps wrapping around his shoulders and belly to keep the saddle (and Rowan, when he's riding him) in place.
The Druddigon also seems to have had light platemail gauntlets attached to his forearms, of the same colour of the scales below for added protection, but not weighing him down.

ESTIMATED LEVEL: Fifty-Five, 55

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Kiklion, you're reserved!

ORegan and Sir Bastian - Accepted! Great sign ups :) Really appreciate how much thought you put in to those characters.

And no I doubt I'll have a character, I have the evil king after all ;D.

Can I keep Rowan as a pet?

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
I've updated my SU, it should be good now. Remind me never to edit an SU when it's 1 in the morning and I am REALLY tired...

Kikpanther

Years
Sovereign and Bastian, you guys make me wish I could do CSS. X)

And I'm going to apologize beforehand for my SU. I'm not very good at them and histories always kill me (hopefully I can edit it and make it... not ew).

And another thing! I feel like Mantle is really underleveled. I skimmed through some SUs (well a little less than skimmed) and saw that a lot of pokemon are level 50+. if true leveling doesn't exist, I'm guessing levels on here are more about power estimates and I feel like I'm at an extreme disadvantage. Maybe more on the useless-in-comparison side.

Are levels really going to matter in the RP? If so, I think maybe I should bump it up a tad.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I actually think I'm going to bump Sakura's leafeon's estimated level down some. Since she's been sickly all her life it doesn't make sense to have her Pokemon be that powerful at this point.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
@ Kiklion, I could teach you some CSS sometime if you want. :3

Also, Cyrus' Dragonair is only level 36, which is closer to your level 32 Wartortle, and First Snow's Maganium is level 36 as well. I am sure you aren't at a disadvantage at all!

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
haaah, finally finished. i just couldn't get it together quite right...
... also, um, there's an CSS guide in the Pokémon Clubs section somewhere, too. i haven't had the time to look at it yet, but it seems doable c:
in any case:

FULL NAME: Hazel Rowe
ALLEGIANCE: Kingdom of the Skies
POSITION: Blacksmith
APPEARANCE: Hazel stands at almost 170cm (5'6'') and sports an overall slender build, although she has strong, slightly more muscled arms. She was named for her brownish hazel eyes, which are very uncommon in the kingdom of the Skies. She has long, reddish-brown hair reaching about halfway down her back when untied, but she usually has it in two pigtails on the sides of her head.
Her everyday outfit consists of a short, light brown jumpsuit with dark brown and red accents on the chest and side. A brown belt rests on her hips, equipped with her dark red scabbard and pockets to keep her smithing gloves, some small tools and money in. Her arms are almost completely covered with sleeves in the same colour and accents as her jumpsuit. It's strapped up with buckles on her upper arm, leaving her shoulders uncovered. She does wear a shield-shaped iron shoulder guard on one side, and on her hands are leather fingerless gauntlets.
Her lower legs and knees are covered by iron greaves and knee cops, with which she wears black tights and shoes to go with.

HISTORY: Born the daughter of a (formerly) travelling weapon merchant and a spirit medium, Hazel grew up in the turbulent center of the Capital, Lavender. Partly because her mother's assignments required her to be away from home most of the time, she pulled more toward her father. She had fun playing in his newly opened store, slowly even becoming its mascot as it seemed customers were just as eager to see her as she was to see them.
Because of her father's influence on her, Hazel grew up a lot more pragmatically than most. She wasn't one for all the spiritual influences that nearly everyone in the land – her mother as well – was so hung up on, but she wouldn't start conflict with anyone who did hold such beliefs. After all, it might keep away customers. But that wasn't their worst. No, the worst came on what Hazel remembers as the worst night of her life. In the dark of night, her father's store was raided by a bunch of felons. They took everything; the money, the weaponry, but this was none of Hazel's concern at the time: for she had lost something far more dear to her. Her father's life was lost protecting their property.
After this tragedy, Hazel's mother sank into a deep depression. She would continuously seek to contact her husband's spirit, declining any actual work. Meanwhile, their last savings were going up on food. Hazel, 14 at the time, was starting to get bitter as well, now forced to find a job of her own to support herself and her mother. The only place that would take her in was the blacksmith; a gruff old man who Hazel suspected only hired her to be able to look at her ass. Although at first she indeed was only kept around in the workshop to help with odd chores, eventually the blacksmith sent her out into the mountains to mine metal for forging. Seeing as how she had no Pokémon of her own, this required Hazel to climb mountains and such by herself. Luckily, she never fell – at least, not far – and even her lack of Pokémon would be resolved as she found a companion in the mountainous caves. She noticed a Sableye watching her as she was mining, and by occasionally offering it a gemstone she'd found, they quickly became friends. With Sableye's help, searching for minerals and gems deep inside the dark caves became a lot easier as well. These could then be sold for a pretty penny, even more so when used in weapon designs, and slowly Hazel's future started looking up once more.
Eventually, Hazel's gruff boss allowed her to try smithing as well. As she started forging weapons, armor and tools by herself, the man also handed her her first own sword he'd made especially for her; an iron blade with a brown hilt, endorsed with a red gemstone. Overjoyed with her weapon, she started self-training whenever she was off work, effectively staying away from her depressing home even more. Though, despite her near-daily sword practise, Hazel has no actual combat experience.

NAME: Trump
SPECIES: Sableye (male)
APPEARANCE: Trump is a little bigger than the average Sableye, and it's coloured a more reddish purple rather than the bluish purple most Sableye have. Finally, instead of two spikes on the sides of its head, the lower spike is split into two smaller ones, making three spikes total on each side.
ESTIMATED LEVEL: 40, Forty

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Years
@ Sovereign: Thank you for the offer, but someone else said they'd help me out too and I'd feel bad if I accepted from you and not to them. X)

And if I have three people on my side with this level thing, I guess I'll be okay with keeping it where it is (strength in numbers and all that).

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Holy crap guys! All these SU's are great compared to mine! Our group keeps getting better and better! The evil king doesn't stand a chance! ;)

Would it be okay if I boosted Rodrick's Toxicroaks's level up since he's the partner of the princess's guard?

Years
Glad to see I was accepted and that giving the name of the Forest's army "Guardians of the Forest" was ok with you. Celebi is the Pokemon world's forest guardian, so it made sense that the forest dwellers would idolize it to an extent.

And seeing that Heretostay is Erika's main guard, would that make him the captain of the Guardians? Because maybe we can edit the Guardians to being a specific group in the Kingdom's army who act as the equivalent of both the Night's Watch and the King's Guard? Just shouting out ideas.

Oh and will the Kingdom's eventually be given names?

Sirilia hates rich people. Once this big bad is dead, all you royals are next.

Peasants should learn not to speak of their betters in such a manner.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Sirilia hates rich people. Once this big bad is dead, all you royals are next.

I always kept on reading your char's name as Skrillex. Dunno why.

Duke Sin Rascalwolf said:
I treat that as a threat to my cousin's life. Be careful of your words.

And, I think, just to clear things up, Duke Sin Rascalwolf is not apart of the knight forces or guards or anything. He is Misty's personal guard, and is a totally independent entity.

And, five stars for a severely diverse array of characters. I am excited to see how Sin will react to the guards of the other kingdoms. (I am assuming we mingle at some point, right?) especially with Ser Mason as both of our characters are the personal guard of the royalty.

and edit for, I just realized all spots are filled. WOAH.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Woah. I just realized Ser Rodrick will be guarding the princess! (That's you Genevieve) Since Rodrick is the head guard of the whole guard contingency, that would put him in charge. I suppose I'll be leading the Forest Kingdom group?

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
Peasants should learn not to speak of their betters in such a manner.

Sirilia may have been one of the streets, but is now a warrior of the highest honour, owning a manor.

Also, who's the leader of the Kingdom of Skies?

Last edited:
Back