• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon ObsidianBlack & PewterWhite (Beta 3.0 available!)

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Shouldn't this hack be in progressing hacks and not Hacks studio then?
That's what I thought at first too, but IMO it's no longer a "progressing" hack, really. It's a relatively playable length and it's no longer in very early development. Don't really know.

Edit, response:
Thanks for pointing those out. A lot of them are because of how quickly I type. All of them will be fixed. As for the gyms, yes, I do think they're way too easy. It's because I'm too lazy to update my save states and I'm not actually too sure of the current levels. Again, I will tone them up for next version. And BTW, save files are completely compatible between Beta versions. Just letting you know if that's the reason you started again.

Last edited:
Years
Just to clarify, this and a few more hacks have been moved to Progressing Hacks because of the new rule change that means the Hacks Studio is for hacks with progress equivalent to around seven gyms, because that's around the point where a hack isn't really "progressing" anymore, if that makes sense. Sorry for any confusion!

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
That's what I thought at first too, but IMO it's no longer a "progressing" hack, really. It's a relatively playable length and it's no longer in very early development. Don't really know.

Edit, response:
Thanks for pointing those out. A lot of them are because of how quickly I type. All of them will be fixed. As for the gyms, yes, I do think they're way too easy. It's because I'm too lazy to update my save states and I'm not actually too sure of the current levels. Again, I will tone them up for next version. And BTW, save files are completely compatible between Beta versions. Just letting you know if that's the reason you started again.

I didn't really like my team in 1.1 and I couldn't be bothered to catch new pokes and train them and restarting doesn't take you long to get back to the forth gym.

I hope you don't think I'm a douche for posting all those grammar errors, I am just very nit picky when reading text lol.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Just to clarify, this and a few more hacks have been moved to Progressing Hacks because of the new rule change that means the Hacks Studio is for hacks with progress equivalent to around seven gyms, because that's around the point where a hack isn't really "progressing" anymore, if that makes sense. Sorry for any confusion!
Ohh, okay! That rule really wasn't around when I published this thread (at least it wasn't in the rules thread), that's why I thought it's okay to post it here. I assume I can just PM/VM a moderator to move it once I reach the Elite Four? There will be a big post-game, but I guess you don't really need that to call a hack "completable". Anyway, thanks for clearing this up!

I didn't really like my team in 1.1 and I couldn't be bothered to catch new pokes and train them and restarting doesn't take you long to get back to the forth gym.

I hope you don't think I'm a douche for posting all those grammar errors, I am just very nit picky when reading text lol.
Right. Just thought it would be good to mention that. Also, don't worry, I actually really appreciate you posting those errors, as I do want this to turn out good and some of them are really striking.

Years
Ohh, okay! That rule really wasn't around when I published this thread (at least it wasn't in the rules thread), that's why I thought it's okay to post it here. I assume I can just PM/VM a moderator to move it once I reach the Elite Four? There will be a big post-game, but I guess you don't really need that to call a hack "completable". Anyway, thanks for clearing this up!

Oh, yeah, I'm not saying it's your fault, I'm just clearing it up is all. And yeah, just contact myself or Christos once your hack has 7 gyms progress or more and we'll move it!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
Hey, nice hack my guy. The tiles are a bit standart but quite good looking. Are Legendaries catchable on your hack?:pink_confused:

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Hey, nice hack my guy. The tiles are a bit standart but quite good looking. Are Legendaries catchable on your hack?:pink_confused:
Currently, no, but in later versions you'll be able to catch the three birds, the Mew duo, Deoxys, Ho-oh, Lucia, Jericho and Zekrom/Reshiram.

Also, global update, Beta 1.1 is going well. Most important thing, Red is now 12 years old instead of 10.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
and will Beta 1.2 compatible with the next beta release?
Oh god, sorry for the brain fart, I totally meant Beta 2. I don't really get the question, though all Betas will be backwards compatible, i.e you will be able to safely update from Beta 1.2 to Beta 2 when it comes out. Same for any other Beta versions that are going to come out.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
And there we go! Beta 2.0 has just been released. It took a bit longer than I expected, so sorry about that. You may find the download link, images, changelogs and everything else related to it in the thread's main post. (by that way, sorry if the rule that you may bump a hack thread if you're the author and it's less than a year old is gone; this is an important post to sort of revive the thread with the new version)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
Pretty awesome hack. You MIGHT need some help with grammar though, and I can do that.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Pretty awesome hack. You MIGHT need some help with grammar though, and I can do that.
Really, most typos and grammar errors are either because I've accidentally hit the wrong key on my keyboard or because I didn't pay attention and missed/added a word/phrase. I really do need to go through all the text and proofread it. If you find any mistakes, feel absolutely free to point them out. English isn't my first language after all.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
I can definitely be your grammar guy. I might be able to help you with some mapping too

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
I like the classic Fire Red feeling and the mapping. I'll definitely be checking this one out!
Thanks! The only reason for the tiles (?) and everything else that makes it look FireRed is that I was very new to hacking when I started this. I still look back at scripts and notes from 2013 and go like "what.".
Feel free to give any feedback once you've played it.

eon of legend

Champ eon
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 21, 2017
So far I have played to the second town. IThe seems good. Look forward to playing the rest

Back