• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Double Team

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
This is for Double Battle.

135.png

Jolteon
@Focus Sash
Timid
Volt Absorb
4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Thunderbolt
~Volt Switch
~Shadow Ball
~Thunder

infernape_sprite.png

Infernape
@Fire Gem
Hasty
Blaze
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~Heat Wave
~Close Combat
~Mach Punch
~Fake Out

hydreigon.png

Hydreigon
@Choice Scarf
Timid
Levitate
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Draco Meteor
~U-turn
~Flamethrower
~Dark Pulse

479-wash.png

Rotom W
@Leftovers
Modest
Levitate
232 HP / 56 SpA / 220 Spe
~Volt Switch
~Hydro Pump
~Thunder Wave
~Protect

461.png

Weavile
@Expert Belt
Adamant
Pickpocket
4 HP / 252 Atk /252 Spe
~Fake Out
~Ice Punch
~Night Slash
~Low Kick

065.png

Alakazam
@Life Orb
Timid
Magic Guard
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Psychic
~Shadow Ball
~Protect
~Focus Blast

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2016
consider changing jolteons moveset 3 electric moves don't offer much coverage try
thunderbolt / thunder
thunder wave
hidden power
protect (always for scouting)

this set offerers more coverage and with its speed and sp.atk being so high its able to hit more pokemon harder

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Your team is super frail. Doubles is all about crippling, striking hard and trying to avoid taking damage as much as possible. That's why on many pokemon, you'll see sets that utilize Protect a lot. Tyranitar alone could probably lay low 4 of your team. Cresselia laughs at 5 of them. Trick Room and weather teams totally ruin you. What are you trying to do with your team precisely? If I knew more, I could offer you alternatives.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Well I'm trying to outspeed and KO the opponent's pokemon quickly. I know it's frail and trick room teams can beat me easily. I have had a lot of trouble with Cressilia. Would Gengar be a nice option? I would like to replace Rotom W and Alakazam, but I would want a fast water pokemon to replace rotom w. He kind of works, but he isn't the best. I always lead with Jolteon and then either Weavile or Infernape for Fake Out. Jolteon outspeeds most opponents so I usually get a KO and take no damage. I don't have any trouble with Tyranitar, Weavile (Low Kick) Hydreigon (U-turn) Infernape (Close Combat) and Rotom W (Hydro Pump) beat it pretty easily. Oh and i use Thunder on Jolteon because it gets 100% accuracy in rain so it can handle rain teams very easily.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
t-wave/signal beam over shadow ball on jolteon twave stops the weather abusers from tearing through your team(chloropyl e.t.c.) signal beam like shadowball hits cresselia harder but also does a little more damage to tyranitar
personally I would remove thunder for protect because you can protect jolteon while your teammate ko's the threat

heat wave is a nice move but I find it's accuracy loses me games overheat is a nice alternative as your team is looking to kill quickly
protect over mach punch same reason as jolteon life orb might be more viable if you want to keep mach punch

latios doe what hydreigon does better the only thing it has going for it is flamethrower and stab dark pulse where as you could trick scarf onto cresselia and effectively cripple it while still remaining relatively fast with latios but if you cant get latios I suggest using a life orbed set with fire blast instead of flamethrower and protect instead of u-turn

a fast water pokemon? first to pop into my head is starmie excellent coverage very fast and a usable special attack that works well with life orb or specs if you want more power or just for the fun of it choice banded azumarill with aqua jet not great but provided sun isnt up it does decent damage with nuetral hits and if rains up almost everything is
2hko'd by waterfall

as for replacing alakazam what do you have the most problem's with? it'll be easier to recommend something but if there are no obvious problem's my favorite's are espeon,scizor and terrakion

espeon: magic bounce,dual screens and heal bell
scizor: it's scizor?? resists lots of things and punches holes in stuff
terrakion: after garchomp got nerfed terrakion has become my new favorite does pretty much the same thing as chomp 2 really strong stabs and and awesome stats the only decision is choice band or choice scarf. a dance set isnt really viable in doubles

just had another look at your team you have no outs to the genies or dragon's weavile has ice punch but scarfed landorus easily deals with him and most of your team in the sand ice shard might make it easier to deal with scarf saladmince just outrages everything and out speeds hydreigon scizor can take an outrage but it cant ohko it on its own

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Cresselia's a hard 'mon to predict, and defeat. Most Cress are built to resist special attacks. You could see Trick Room Cress, Support Cress, Calm Mind Cress, weather-setting Cress, Rest Cress, Helping Hand Cress... Tyranitar can beat Cress but you risk getting paralyzed and that doesn't do him much good. Scraggy can be used against Trick Room Cress, taking advantage of the opponent's strategy and smacking Cress hard. Metagross can be used against Cress as well, since Metagross doesn't really need speed and Cress can't do any good damage against it.

If you're sure about Infernape, then go for it, but I think that Hitmontop would do a better job than the monkey. Intimidate will annoy your opponents, it can carry a multitude of priority attacks, and most importantly, it can SUPPORT with Wide Guard or Helping Hand (I've actually seen one of these).

Adamant Hitmontop @ Fighting Gem / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
~ Fake Out
~ Close Combat / Mach Punch
~ Sucker Punch
~ Wide Guard / Detect / Helping Hand

Prankster genies (well, Prankster ANYTHING) you'll just have to play around somehow. Weavile dies to just about any priority, sorry. If all you're using it for is just for Fake Out, drop it like a hot potato and replace it with something strong and won't die so easily. Terrakion, Scizor or Dragonite comes to mind.

If you want, you could drop Alakazam and pick up a Cress for your team. That would be interesting. And I agree about Latios being a better pick of Hydreigon. But if you can't use legendaries, whatever.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I think I'll use Starmie, but I don't know what item to use on it. I replaced Espeon a while back with Scizor, then I replaced Scizor with Alakazam. I might just end up keeping Alakazam. I'm undecided between Alakazam and Scizor. I'm only leaning towards Alakazam because of its speed, but Scizor has access to a lot of priority moves and it gets Technician.... so I'm not sure between those two.
EDIT: Hitmontop is probably better overall than Infernape, but Infernape has a better speed so I think I will probably stick with the monkey. But Hitmontop could provide some good support.... but then Infernape has the fire typing so it can deal with grass types.

Last edited:

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Starmie @life orb Timid
hydro pump/surf
ice beam
thunderbolt
psyshock/t-wave/protect/hp fighting

starmie @specs timid
hydro pump/surf
tbolt
ice beam
trick/psyshock/hpfighting,ground

I really hate psyshock but its just another option

regarding alakazam you could try out azelf,gengar,ambipom(seeing as you love fake-out technician+stab) they all have a base stat of 115 if I'm not mistaken they aren't as fast as alakazam but they're a little more flexible gengar has perfect coverage with 2 moves and has 2 immunities,azelf can be played in many ways and ambipom's technician fake out is fun to play around with and does a large amount of damage paired with life orb

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Ugh. If this is for sim, then Gengar might be alright, I don't actually know how the new sim doubles game is going. If this is for official tourneys and gts battles, I really don't suggest Gengar. There's too many common threats out there that would just eat Gengar alive, like Metagross, Cress, Prankster genies, Bisharp, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, etc.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Ugh. If this is for sim, then Gengar might be alright, I don't actually know how the new sim doubles game is going. If this is for official tourneys and gts battles, I really don't suggest Gengar. There's too many common threats out there that would just eat Gengar alive, like Metagross, Cress, Prankster genies, Bisharp, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, etc.

I agree that their are many common threats but isnt excadrill banned? ferrothorn is OHKO'd by focus blast bisharp lacking sucker punch(like thats even a possiblity :L) is ko'd by focus blast plus with the abuse of fake out on his team he wont be able to sucker punch while gengar ko's it I will agree that metagross poses a sizeable threat unless he decides to run it along something with eq or infernape, not sure what the damage calculation but specially defensive cress must be a 3hko from shadowball and with no investment in sp.atk it will fail to ohko 4/0 gengar with psychic but the threats I would be afraid of are scizor,tyranitar and weavile possibly other alakazam too

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Uhhhhhhhh. No. Not in doubles. Have you been doing singles review this entire time? Smogon's doubles banlist only include Pokemon with over 670 BST. Anyhow, you have a point...if this was singles. In doubles, he's gonna have 2 Pokemon to contend with. Your right about Bisharp, but the other two often runs Protect. Sure, Focus Blast them to death... but miss or mispredict and your opponent gets two (or more) shots to kill you.

Last edited:
Back