• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm pretty certain we won't be getting those remakes this year but there's a whole 12 months lined up in 2013, what else can they use? You could say spin-off's but they have those every year, more than one on most occasions.. what I'm saying is 2013 should be the year for a game that makes an impact from back-tracking over the years of game releases with Nintendo.
They usually have a main stream game for every one-two years and I can't see them leaving it blank for a whole year, that would mean a much longer wait for the next mainsteam games which would infact be Generation IV. Diamond & Pearl was released in 06' Platinum was 08' Heart Gold & Soul Silver was 09'
Black and White - 10' ; Black and White 2 - 12' ; Ruby & Sapphire Remakes - 13' It's happened before it can happen again, right? Either that or referring to my previous statement of it folding in with the next Generation.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Don't gen 3 also have the current lowest sales total out of all the generations? I mean Gens 1 and 2 sold more than them last I saw didn't they? So yes repeated sales on top of one another is sales suicide. They could have beaten Yu Gi Oh's game release if they spaced it out better instead of the rush they did then.

Gen 3 have the lowest sales out of all gens because games for GBA have generally lower sales than for other consoles. It doesn't change the fact that gen 3 games were the most popular games on their console. It shows that close releases didn't affect their sales negatively. Paradoxically it could be said that close releases helped them to get better sales.

There was eight months between the japanese releases, and you also have to understand that Emerald didn't need serious work.

They cannot just roll out RS remakes out their asses half a year after BW2.
Assuming they would even want to rush those.

They could have been working on those games being divided into different teams.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
They were working on Platinum and the GS remakes at the same time according to interviews so they might've done the same for B2W2.

There is a chance this is the end... you started with Red and you end with White (2) (Pokéball)...

I'm hoping now that they'll go on ahead and make gen VI next year and remakes in 2014 on the 3DS, it'll have better graphics, new moves, new features, etc. Also 2014 is the 10th anniversity of Firered and Leafgreen the first Remakes that happened to be in between versions...a new pattern could be established by that.

Years
If remakes aren't coming next year and we do start another generation (it seem fairly soon for gen V to end especially compared to Gen III and IV) than my guess is Remakes will come out in 2015 in America the 10th anniversity of Emerald and the main game end of generation III. So Gen VI Duel versions than Remake(s) than third/sequels all on the 3Ds.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this.

Hoenn was hinted in HGSS.
The Embedded Tower had Kyogre/Groundon and Rayquaza. It also required the use of the Red/Blue Orbs. And the hiker outside referenced Hoenn. COWINKIDINK? Ohyes.

You could catch Cresselia in B/W2. Does that mean we are also getting D/P remakes?

And actually, I'm sceptical as to whether Gen VI will even happen at all, what with the PWT and gathering of EVERYONE EVER up until this point. It kills me to say it but... I think if RS isn't released, B2W2 might be the end.

Yes, lets just forget that Pokemon make millions of dollars. I bet they'll just end it for the lulz.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
And actually, I'm sceptical as to whether Gen VI will even happen at all, what with the PWT and gathering of EVERYONE EVER up until this point. It kills me to say it but... I think if RS isn't released, B2W2 might be the end.

If Zelda and Mario have been going on around 25 years, Pokemon isn't gonna be going anywhere for a long time.

Years
Who knows not are series are the same...
Anyways if remakes are next generation I expect there to be a ton of hints in the new games like DPPt has with GS, and a lot of Hoenn Pokémon evolutions (along with some Unova).

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
Years
They will do a remake of it, just look at FR/LG and HG/SS, people bought it and loved it.
I believe it will be pretty stupid if they don't do a remake in 2 years time. They like money and it'll sell like hotcakes.

razzbat

dancer
Years
i've been thinking about what game freak can do with the series now considering they're kinda stuck in between the ds and 3ds life cycle and the timing for everything, and these are all the possibilities that seem plausable to me

1. gen VI releases late 2013
- while alot of people are saying its too soon for it to happen, take note it would be 3 years from the release of bw which the same gap as rg to gs and gs to rs
-this would mean that they would be leaving the gen V style with just the unova region games, like how the first 2 generations were
2. rs remakes release late 2013
gen VI releases 2014
-if they were to release an rs remake next year they would be doing it in the gen V style. this would suggest that it would need to be on the ds but this is not necessarily the case. 2 years into the 3ds life cycle with sales for the console going strong, they it would be dangerous for them to be still stuck on a past console. already they're using the 3ds for various things with the ar searcher and the 3d pokedex, but at the same time it would be a bad move to pioneer the 6th gen style on a remake. instead what would be most likely is use an updated gen V engine for the 3ds where stylistically it doesn't look too different, just generally sharper and it would be in 3d
-if they were to stick with this idea these games will have full compatibility with the other 5th gen pokemon games trade and battle wise
-if all this happens gen VI in order to have the impact of a new pokemon game i would assume would go through a complete graphical overhaul with 3d polygons similar to the cube pokemon games
3. nothing happens next
gen VI releases 2014
-this i would say is the most unlikely. they've got nothing to go on with gen V with all the event pokemon coming out this year, they took a break last year, idk the market idk the market very well but i would assume it would not be in the best interest to do this. nintendo would probably threaten game freak to do something considering pokemon is a big console seller

out of these i think 1. is the most plausable. but if this was to happen, the chance of an rs remake would be reduced :/

Years
Even if we do move on to the next generation we could get the RS remakes than also note that Kanto and Oak took a break this generation as well, they along with remakes could return. Perhaps GF wanted a break from remaking games as they don't want people to feel like they're just going to remake them those games in 2 generations, with 3 it could be 3 generations later...

Years
Who knows not are series are the same...

They are the same in the fact that they both make money. Pokemon is the second best-selling video game franchise in the world and makes millions of dollars. Why would they just decide, "I don't like money, who needs a house or food? We'll just stop making Pokemon! I'll be out of a job, be but who cares?"

i've been thinking about what game freak can do with the series now considering they're kinda stuck in between the ds and 3ds life cycle and the timing for everything, and these are all the possibilities that seem plausable to me

1. gen VI releases late 2013
- while alot of people are saying its too soon for it to happen, take note it would be 3 years from the release of bw which the same gap as rg to gs and gs to rs
-this would mean that they would be leaving the gen V style with just the unova region games, like how the first 2 generations were
2. rs remakes release late 2013
gen VI releases 2014
-if they were to release an rs remake next year they would be doing it in the gen V style. this would suggest that it would need to be on the ds but this is not necessarily the case. 2 years into the 3ds life cycle with sales for the console going strong, they it would be dangerous for them to be still stuck on a past console. already they're using the 3ds for various things with the ar searcher and the 3d pokedex, but at the same time it would be a bad move to pioneer the 6th gen style on a remake. instead what would be most likely is use an updated gen V engine for the 3ds where stylistically it doesn't look too different, just generally sharper and it would be in 3d
-if they were to stick with this idea these games will have full compatibility with the other 5th gen pokemon games trade and battle wise
-if all this happens gen VI in order to have the impact of a new pokemon game i would assume would go through a complete graphical overhaul with 3d polygons similar to the cube pokemon games
3. nothing happens next
gen VI releases 2014
-this i would say is the most unlikely. they've got nothing to go on with gen V with all the event pokemon coming out this year, they took a break last year, idk the market idk the market very well but i would assume it would not be in the best interest to do this. nintendo would probably threaten game freak to do something considering pokemon is a big console seller

out of these i think 1. is the most plausable. but if this was to happen, the chance of an rs remake would be reduced :/

I'd say 1 or 3 are most likely. There was year gap between Emerald and D/P, and that was also between consoles, so I don't see a problem with number three.

Years
If they pull a one year gap than we can expect a whole lot of spin off like gen III had after Emerald was released, it's possible as Gen III was sort of rushed too with the remakes coming out than Emerald version all in the same year.

If the remakes were to come next year though I expect we'll get them around the same time as usual games not June like B2W2 were released.

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
There is another scenerio that could still make Emerald Canon but wouldn't necessary make Hoenn take place after HgSS' time. Remember we can fight Steven post game in Emerald, he could've been refering to that (though he also called himself champion...) while Wallace was still champ. Both sets of remakes only made things harder to decipher for RS' remakes and it's own timeline (though I think it's somewhere between FrLG's time and HgSs').

Wouldn't Steven want to regain his status as Hoenn League Champion because Wallace beat him? That would mean that the poor guy doesn't understand how he was defeated and can't mentally cede his title to Wallace. Speaking of Wally, wasn't he your rival in RSE?

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
You know, theres nothing wrong with them just making the games in DS style.
The 3ds plays DS games too after all.
And there's really not much the 3DS would add to market more buyers.
Remember, people probably thought the DS was dieing when the DSi and DSXL were released too!
But DS games can still have added features that work best on the 3ds.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Remember, people probably thought the DS was dieing when the DSi and DSXL were released too!

Yeah, but I've played normal DS games on my 3DS and they're terrible. The graphics drop down by a big notch!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yeah, but I've played normal DS games on my 3DS and they're terrible. The graphics drop down by a big notch!

You never know Nintendo might have picked up on this and doing something about this for BW2 and other future titles. Still wish they released more games for the 3DS.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014

The 3DS isn't just a DS revision though, it's a whole new console/the successor. There's actually a fair bit more they could do to 'up the games'.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
I really hope they make an RSE remake. Emerald was my first ever pokemon game so It'd be great news to hear of a remake (Just as long as it's not 3DS orientated).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Guys, there's a 3DS discussion thread in Video Gaming. I'm being quite lenient with this thread so far, much more than I intended, and although the 3DS is slightly relevant to RSE remakes, that doesn't mean we should sidetrack ourselves to discussing it solely.

blue

gucci
Years
I think if we know that we want it then surely Nintendo would, they also know how much it would sell which would generate money for them and why wouldn't they create something that would give them millions?

Years

They don't make games for the GBA, do they? The DS can play those, so why don't they just make games for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back