• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Items?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Along with the current pokemon items what do you think the possible new items will be like in these two games? How do you think they will make an impact? For example, perhaps there will be more technologically advanced items, like machinery? Perhaps there will be more uses for the current items, like an added effect? For example, while the item 'leftovers' restore pokemon's health each turn, perhaps they might add another effect, such as, 'the pokemon's move PP is restored' each turn?

Any thoughts?

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like to see an item that negates the effect of stat enhancing abilities from foes, if there is a Pokemon with Intimidate it would prevent the Attack Stat from being increased. Even an item just to suppress the use of an ability overall for that battle.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I really wanna see more Pokeballs and a few more Hold items in general. EXP enhancing and EV effecting items, and maybe better IV Breeding items.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
I want to see an EV resetting item. It would be nice to let the pokemon I used to beat the game be a part of my permanent team.

If the anime was anything like the games, Ash would abandon Pikachu for a new one after becoming a Pokemon master so that he could EV train it properly.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want to see an EV resetting item. It would be nice to let the pokemon I used to beat the game be a part of my permanent team.

If the anime was anything like the games, Ash would abandon Pikachu for a new one after becoming a Pokemon master so that he could EV train it properly.

Omfg yessss. But I think it'd make it too easy for everyone. :( Having the EV reducing berries makes it a little harder for people but makes GF happy because it's... harder.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'd like to see perhaps a few new species of berries and one or two items that'd make it easier to train your Pokemon competitively like the EV resetting item people before me have mentioned.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I had an idea earlier of a Speed Orb. Kind of like the Life Orb but it increases speed by 20% every time you have the item on you and you're not locked in like a Choice Scarf so it can be useful competitively - and confuse people as to whether you have the Life Orb or Speed Orb. :3

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I had an idea earlier of a Speed Orb. Kind of like the Life Orb but it increases speed by 20% every time you have the item on you and you're not locked in like a Choice Scarf so it can be useful competitively - and confuse people as to whether you have the Life Orb or Speed Orb. :3

But it must have some sort of negative effect similar to the Life Orb. Perhaps it lowers SpD or SpA even?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh I meant removes 10% of your HP each turn it's on your mon, which is why you can't tell the diff between the two!

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I would like an item which increases the number of turns for trick room just like heat rock, moss rock etc.....

Years
I'd like to see an item that negates the effect of stat enhancing abilities from foes, if there is a Pokemon with Intimidate it would prevent the Attack Stat from being increased. Even an item just to suppress the use of an ability overall for that battle.

I second this.

I'd love an item that has an Unaware-like effect, given how annoying set-ups are in competitive battling.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
I would like items that help you in your Nuzlocke challenge.

My to choices are items that work like these abilities:
Magnet pull (increases encounter rate of steel pokemon to 150%)
Static (same but for electric pokemon)

Items that help you find the pokemon you actually want. Like when you are in dragon lair and want a dratini (5% chance) and all you find are magikarps (95% chance)

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I really want items to replace certain HMs, like Cut, Dive, Strength.... All the ones that are horrible moves to keep on your Pokemon.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... how about an item that would prevent decrease in stats on the Pokémon that is holding the item? Or maybe even an item that totally prevents status ailments? (There might already be one, but I have a terrible memory of things.)

But most of all, I would like to see items that only work if the Pokémon that is holding it is the main legendary Pokémon of X and Y. Similar to a way that the Adamant, Lustrous and Griseous Orbs.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hm... how about an item that would prevent decrease in stats on the Pokémon that is holding the item? Or maybe even an item that totally prevents status ailments? (There might already be one, but I have a terrible memory of things.)

I don't think the latter exists! It could certainly be useful on something like Sawsbuck which otherwise can't switch into something like Misdreavus due to fear of status (while without that, would leave Misdreavus helpless), or helpful to certain sweepers, (or walls even like Alomomola). This is purely from a NU perspective, though :x

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd like to see the flutes return, in a way that you can actually use them in battle again.

Ohhh maybe something like the ocarina from legend of zelda~ *___* Yeah, I love the flutes; maybe there can be some flutes that can act as subsistence of the power-up items like X-Attack, X-Defense, etc.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I want to see more types of herbs that do different things, but instead of being those bitter ones that lower happiness, maybe ones that raise happiness in exchange for lowering something else. Or even one that applies to EVs and happiness, and negatively to another EV. Just something else for EVs, because there's obviously not enough to go around since 5th Gen. :b

Back