• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most nostalgic experiences with pokemon

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 7, 2019
My first game was Sapphire, but my "main" save file was on Leaf Green. I spent dozens of hours completing the Kanto and Hoenn Pokedex in it, and a good portion of the Johto dex. (I didn't have access to the gamecube games) I remember I would always hatch eggs by taking the ferry from Four Island to Vermillion, and then I would just ride my bike all around Kanto until they hatched.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
I will ALWAYS have the most fond memories of Pokémon Silver. I'd played Blue and Yellow when I received them for Christmas the year they came out (respectively), but Silver was released in 2000 and I would have been 10 years old. Just a bit older to better understand the mechanics, and I really get a lot more out of the game than I did the original gen I games at 8.

I also have very fond memories of Gen III, as it was the first game where I completely the Pokédex! :) (Sapphire).

While I have loved all the Pokémon games to date, none will ever have a spot in my heart like Gen II and III do.

Last edited:

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
I stopped playing Pokemon for a long time, and instead got a Wii. But then in 2011, I got myself White... and that's it. I literally bought every game (not literally every game) and finished it. The on Platinum, I have some of my fondest memories. I remember I got to the Distortion world, and I was stuck. And it wasn't even like I was too young. I was old enough to buy crap for myself. And I had to ask my brother to help me. Then my cousin. Imagine three man-children obsessing over a video game for almost 30 minutes, before my cousin just accidentally touched the d-pad, and we found Cynthia. I'll never forget that moment

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Honestly, all my memories I have of pokemon just ooze of nostalgia for me.

I mean, I suppose, crush related memories (especially ones towards korrina, who i still love right now) could be at the very top in a sense. Or my memories relating to my crystal version orrrr my old 2004 memories.

But, at this point, meh, ANYTHING i remember relating to pokemon in my life is just amazing to me xD Pokemon in general has become such a huge part of me.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2023
I remember when I first had Pokemon Blue:

1. I wasted my master all on a Pidgey...

3. I got through Rock Tunnel all by myself without the use of Flash....

Years
Oh gosh, I have a few nostalgic memories worth sharing…

As a kid, I had pretty much no idea where to get Flash in RGBY, so I just bumbled through Rock Tunnel in the dark without it, and I actually made it through!

Almost all of Hoenn is nostalgic for me, particularly Mauville City, which is in large part why I'm not a fan of how extensively it was changed in ORAS. It was always a big decisive point for me as a kid, since Wattson was the first REALLY tough Gym Leader for me.

I also have a lot of nostalgia for Sinnoh when it first came out. I played those games a lot, too, so they're also pretty ingrained in my memory. Really just a lot of little things, like the Odd Keystone, playing in the Underground with my brother, going down to the local grocery store to get on the GTS with their free Wi-Fi since mine had a security type that's incompatible with original DSes…

I'm sure this isn't even half of it, but it's what I can think of off the top of my head!

Last edited:
Years
Hoenn holds the most nostalgia for me since my friendship group at the time we're all also into Pokémon so that helped to feel much more connected to this universe. We all helped each other out breeding our version exclusive and starter Pokémon to then trade with each other. Also during Gen 3 making the box legendary part of the main story was new territory for the franchise so even now it still feels like the most epic story they've made.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I gotta say the two latest pokemon drawings I did showed just how determined I am to accept my girlyness :3

Yesterday, it was a Pikachu with a big pink bow on her head using either charm or attract

And today?.....ohhh, today.

I DREW A REALLY COOL DRAWING! OF CLEFAIRY!

Girly Pokemon are great but I won't ditch cooler pokemon too :)

Afterall I really admire Korrina who loves cooler Pokemon herself. Pokemon in general is just a wonderful thing ^_^ *hug's Korrina, Clefairy, Lucario and Pikachu*

So, yeah, learning to accept myself more. :3 Good nostalgia right there, even if i'm 28 now xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2018
Its hard to narrow down some 18 years of gaming/anime history and memories down but here goes:
Getting my first Squirtle and falling in love with it. haha.
Beating Wallace in Gen 3 because I revived and potioned my pokemons so much we got into a struggle battle. A vague memory but it was annoying.
The Pokemon forums I was into back in 09. Great, great times.
And now introducing it to my girlfriend and watching her become a fan.
It is a magical thing.
Still making memories.

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 11, 2018
1. DPPt 's music and visual look
2. Having to wake up at certain times of the day to catch pokes in Crystal (miss the proper day and night cycle)
3. Weather institute area on RSE

Back