Deep Discussion Have a seat at Deep Discussion for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:31 PM).

Nature: Timid
I don't like this person, and I haven't for a while, I don't like how they treat me.
The thing is, I just know they'll start something if I try and block them, they'll make me out to be some evil rattata and everyone will be on their side because they're good at getting sympathy.

#2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:05 PM).

Doesn't sound like much of a friendship to begin with. Are there any obligations you have with them? Are the an integral part of your friend group? While it's more "fair" to be decisive and end contact officially, you don't have to go and block them and instead withdraw your attention from them. Just don't have time or energy for them and I don't think they'd be interested in being your friend anymore.
  #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:18 PM).
Say it with me (Vray-gun)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marth View Post
    I don't like this person, and I haven't for a while, I don't like how they treat me.
    The thing is, I just know they'll start something if I try and block them, they'll make me out to be some evil rattata and everyone will be on their side because they're good at getting sympathy.
    So, for one there's way little context, but that's personal biz so I won't ask for any details. That's between you and the person.

So, for one thing, have you tried bringing up the issues you have with this person? Sometimes peeps do things and notice them in one way while it affects you differently. Like, they might do humor with their other friends and that carries over to you and the type of humor they use you don't like and would rather them not do it, but they don't know unless something is brought up because it's normal.

Friendships need boundaries set for them to be healthy so if you haven't brought it up to the person whatever your gripes are, then well I'd advise doing that before blocking if you want to try and I guess patch things.

If you don't then I mean, there isn't really any "easy" or "nice" way to drop it without talking to them at least about the problems that I can think of. Again, I'm operating off no context about this, so overall but often time peeps need something to start and bring up the things else they wouldn't know or react to them and all.

“I’ve been to places I wouldn’t have visited before. I get to see different things, which is important. It gives me new experiences to draw from.” ~Hidetaka Miyazaki [creator of Bloodborne]

Quick Reply