ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Ad Content
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1176   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (2:43 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Latenzo.
Latenzo Latenzo is offline
     
    Join Date: Aug 2014
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
    I investigated a bit more related to the My OldBoy issue today, and was pleasantly surprised to actually find a way to fix that problem! :)
    One can thus expect a bug fix to the game crashing on My OldBoy emulator in a reasonable time. The reason I'm not releasing this bug fix yet is because even though I have confirmed the game to actually run properly using it, there might be other oddities playing with My OldBoy I'm not aware of. BloodlessNS (creator of a certain other neat hack on top of pokecrystal) will however test this bug fix, and if the game seems to be working with it as expected, I'll then release that bug fix in public.

    In short, there will be a bug fix for My OldBoy crashing coming up. I won't be releasing any other new features yet though, but there has been some work on top of Beta 5.00 done already. Those features will have to wait for another release which might come later in the Spring / at Summer.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RustyPokeball26 View Post
    Miksy mentioned that if you’re using MyOldBoy then it will not work. If that’s the emulator you’re using you may have to use another one or wait for a new patch or beta.
    Sorry I missed the message where it is reported.
    Thanks for the hack very nice!
    Reply With Quote
      #1177   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 2 Weeks Ago (2:49 AM).
    kys27's Avatar
    kys27 kys27 is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2007
      Location: Poland
      Gender:
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 5
      Hello Miksy! This is amazing hack and I'm your fan, really great job! Btw, think I'm stuck, have 3 elemental orbs (deep, ice, north) 5 sidequests ( onix, sages, bird trio, adria, abandoned r.c.) is there any trick should be done in rocky mountain? I read the old writing, saw the girl, found some items.. Is fourth orb obtainable? And it's possible to found the keys to the harbour?
      Cheers!
      Reply With Quote
        #1178   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (1:46 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by miksy91.
      miksy91's Avatar
      miksy91 miksy91 is offline
      Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
         
        Join Date: Oct 2008
        Location: Finland
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 1,480
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by kys27 View Post
        Hello Miksy! This is amazing hack and I'm your fan, really great job! Btw, think I'm stuck, have 3 elemental orbs (deep, ice, north) 5 sidequests ( onix, sages, bird trio, adria, abandoned r.c.) is there any trick should be done in rocky mountain? I read the old writing, saw the girl, found some items.. Is fourth orb obtainable? And it's possible to found the keys to the harbour?
        Cheers!
        Hi,
        Glad to hear you have liked it! Unfortunately you're pretty much at the end of the current beta. At this point if you return to mystery woods (related to "wood" as mentioned by the archaelogists), the game tells you this as well.

        You can keep working on the remaining sidequests if you like, but that's pretty much all you can do at this point. Fourth Elemental Orb cannot be acquired in beta 5, and you can't get HM Waterfall either which is required for progressing forward in Rocky Mountain. If you use "walk through walls" cheat, you can access another room, but that won't take you any further in the mountain yet either.

        The harbour area is also something that will be accessible in the next release (yet I have partially scripted the events there as well :laugh-squinted: ). There will be some funny stuff going on there. If someone wants to take a look with JohtoMap and pksv, what might happen there, be my quest.
        __________________
        Pokémon Dark Energy
        Some ROM hacking related stuff
        Reply With Quote
          #1179   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (1:06 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Poke_silver1.
        Poke_silver1 Poke_silver1 is offline
           
          Join Date: Mar 2019
          Gender: Female
          Posts: 2
          Greetings
          It would seem now that I just finished reading through all 48 pages and made an account I can not figure out what I wish to say, which seems amusing to me. Anyway, I am fairly unfamiliar with even the idea of .rom hacks and only just found out that there are a great many pokemon hacks available. I actually came to this site because I saw a few hacks for sale on eBay, including Dark Energy and a number of other hacks from you and many others in cartridge form, and I was curious to see what they were like before I actually tried to buy them, which led me to a site that was hosting a version of Dark Energy, and while playing that I eventually ended up here.

          Is there a site that is hosting the most current beta? Because the one I was just on only had up to 4.1. I guess I could at least play through that one for now, though I am fully aware that there are a number of changes between it and 5.00, that the save states are not fully compatible and that the differences would make starting over highly advisable.
          It does seem like an interesting game. There are a number of people who seem to love this game and find it to be great, in every beta. As of yet, I cannot completely say much about it, because I haven't played much of it yet, and I have not yet played the most current available version. I do like the Silver graphics, with the upgraded sprites. And it is fun playing a character that looks like Gary, and interesting to have others with you.
          When I first started I was still in basic have to catch them all mode and filled up my party quickly with Caterpie, Weedle (they may not be the strongest in the world, but they are fairly decent pokemon, I think my brother kept his Beedrill with him even up to the Elite Four in Red/Yellow), Rattata, and Pidgey along with the Bulbasaur you get from beating Beauty and of course our Eevee, though it has been a while since I have had to work with low-level pokemon and how much babying they need those first few levels before they can gain decent exp on their own (yes I do know about the battle simulator, you did a decent job mentioning about it, and I like the fact that I don't have to heal pokemon in between each round).
          I think that for a new playthrough I will worry less about catching every pokemon I see though, especially the level 2-3 pokemon seems how this is not a game with the emphasis on catching all the pokemon or even really beating the gyms.
          I still haven't decided on a team, but will probably start with Eevee, and Bulbasaur, and get a Magikarp and Magby from the bp, just to get started on training that Magikarp, assuming I still decide to play the hack.
          I like having the running shoes in the game, (sort of funny too, as I was just thinking I would like to move a little faster but as it was a silver hack, which was before the running shoes were implemented I didn't really expect to see them, and then there they were!).

          I do have to say though that I am not impressed by the English in the game. While it is nothing so drastic as to severely impede gameplay it does detract from my attraction to the game. I do realize you are not a native English speaker, and it may be possible that those working with you to proofread are not native English speakers, or may not use American English. (Of course even amongst native speakers there are some drastic differences in the way we speak or words we use as such.)
          I guess I could offer to help, (yes, I am a native English speaker, American English at that, though not sure that is much to brag about, haha) but I believe you did say you had one person and didn't see any need for others (all things considered it is very easy for one person or even many people to overlook some errors even with multiple readthroughs, and there is the degree of competence to be considered) and as I recall you did mention that it was not so easy a matter as copying and pasting in different text so you didn't want to worry too much about changes in the English.
          As far as the selling of the game cartridges on eBay goes, if they had been in some way connected to you (which I currently don't think is) I may have considered to buy it in order to support you. But as that is likely an incomplete and now outdated version, then I will forgo the idea of buying it.

          The game does seem cool so far, I will see about playing more of it.

          And I apologize, that turned into a really long post.
          Reply With Quote
            #1180   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 1 Week Ago (10:43 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by miksy91.
          miksy91's Avatar
          miksy91 miksy91 is offline
          Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
             
            Join Date: Oct 2008
            Location: Finland
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 1,480
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Poke_silver1 View Post
            Greetings
            It would seem now that I just finished reading through all 48 pages and made an account I can not figure out what I wish to say, which seems amusing to me. Anyway, I am fairly unfamiliar with even the idea of .rom hacks and only just found out that there are a great many pokemon hacks available. I actually came to this site because I saw a few hacks for sale on eBay, including Dark Energy and a number of other hacks from you and many others in cartridge form, and I was curious to see what they were like before I actually tried to buy them, which led me to a site that was hosting a version of Dark Energy, and while playing that I eventually ended up here.

            Is there a site that is hosting the most current beta? Because the one I was just on only had up to 4.1. I guess I could at least play through that one for now, though I am fully aware that there are a number of changes between it and 5.00, that the save states are not fully compatible and that the differences would make starting over highly advisable.
            I'm hosting the hack as in IPS patch file. You can't run the IPS patch directly via an emulator, but what you can do is to "patch" it over a Pokemon Silver rom file. What "patching" does is to change all kinds of data in the rom file so that that Pokemon Silver rom actually turns into Dark Energy Beta 5 rom file.

            See this tutorial, and download Lunar IPS in order to do that manual patching they refer to:
            https://www.fantasyanime.com/patching#lunarips
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Poke_silver1 View Post
            It does seem like an interesting game. There are a number of people who seem to love this game and find it to be great, in every beta. As of yet, I cannot completely say much about it, because I haven't played much of it yet, and I have not yet played the most current available version. I do like the Silver graphics, with the upgraded sprites. And it is fun playing a character that looks like Gary, and interesting to have others with you.
            When I first started I was still in basic have to catch them all mode and filled up my party quickly with Caterpie, Weedle (they may not be the strongest in the world, but they are fairly decent pokemon, I think my brother kept his Beedrill with him even up to the Elite Four in Red/Yellow), Rattata, and Pidgey along with the Bulbasaur you get from beating Beauty and of course our Eevee, though it has been a while since I have had to work with low-level pokemon and how much babying they need those first few levels before they can gain decent exp on their own (yes I do know about the battle simulator, you did a decent job mentioning about it, and I like the fact that I don't have to heal pokemon in between each round).
            I think that for a new playthrough I will worry less about catching every pokemon I see though, especially the level 2-3 pokemon seems how this is not a game with the emphasis on catching all the pokemon or even really beating the gyms.
            I still haven't decided on a team, but will probably start with Eevee, and Bulbasaur, and get a Magikarp and Magby from the bp, just to get started on training that Magikarp, assuming I still decide to play the hack.
            I like having the running shoes in the game, (sort of funny too, as I was just thinking I would like to move a little faster but as it was a silver hack, which was before the running shoes were implemented I didn't really expect to see them, and then there they were!).
            Good to hear you have had fun with the hack so far :)

            In case you're interested, implementation of Running Shoes for G/S/C was discovered a long time ago. My implementation in DE would for example be derived from Koolboyman's initial implementation for Prism from 2010:
            https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9936553
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Poke_silver1 View Post
            I do have to say though that I am not impressed by the English in the game. While it is nothing so drastic as to severely impede gameplay it does detract from my attraction to the game. I do realize you are not a native English speaker, and it may be possible that those working with you to proofread are not native English speakers, or may not use American English. (Of course even amongst native speakers there are some drastic differences in the way we speak or words we use as such.)
            I can imagine the English of beta 4.1 is definitely a turn off for some players. For beta 5, I spent a little bit of time trying to correct such text errors that I was aware of there being myself. My English has gotten a bit better since I started this hack. I'm also pretty sure I didn't pay that much attention to the grammar back when I started, and thus the grammar in the beginning of the hack is worse than in late game.

            Also, BlueEmerald did help with grammar back in the day, but I haven't heard of him in a few years.
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Poke_silver1 View Post
            I guess I could offer to help, (yes, I am a native English speaker, American English at that, though not sure that is much to brag about, haha) but I believe you did say you had one person and didn't see any need for others (all things considered it is very easy for one person or even many people to overlook some errors even with multiple readthroughs, and there is the degree of competence to be considered) and as I recall you did mention that it was not so easy a matter as copying and pasting in different text so you didn't want to worry too much about changes in the English.
            If you want to help, I can surely take spend some time handling some grammar errors. If it seems there are lots and lots of minor errors out there, I can't promise I want to spend time taking care of them. The biggest issue correcting grammar errors is that it's, more or less, most convenient to fix them with a hex editor that isn't that suitable for text editing. Thus it takes a lot of time to fix the errors, and I would much rather spend that time working on new features, or developing the hack further.

            But yeah.. if you want to help, you could first of all download beta 5.00 (because it doesn't make sense to play with outdated beta 4.1). Beta 5.00 has also some (or maybe most?) of those grammar errors of beta 4.1 already corrected. I'm satisfied with beta 5.00 grammar myself, and you can expect the text of that one to be comparable with what I'm writing here just now (in terms of grammar). Naturally the text there isn't perfect either (and I'm pretty sure my previous sentence was incorrect in one way or another as well, but I'm mostly content with it).
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Poke_silver1 View Post
            As far as the selling of the game cartridges on eBay goes, if they had been in some way connected to you (which I currently don't think is) I may have considered to buy it in order to support you. But as that is likely an incomplete and now outdated version, then I will forgo the idea of buying it.
            I'm aware of them selling my hack, and don't really mind it :)
            I would assume most buyers to be aware of the concept of rom hacks, but some definitely aren't (like you were for instance).
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Poke_silver1 View Post
            The game does seem cool so far, I will see about playing more of it.

            And I apologize, that turned into a really long post.
            Have fun with beta 5! :)
            And don't worry - it wasn't that long a post.
            __________________
            Pokémon Dark Energy
            Some ROM hacking related stuff
            Reply With Quote
              #1181   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 6 Days Ago (11:05 AM).
            Poke_silver1 Poke_silver1 is offline
               
              Join Date: Mar 2019
              Gender: Female
              Posts: 2
              Was finally thinking of going forward and downloading all the required stuff to play the current beta, but of course, my antivirus does not like with the silver rom or the hack. Ha ha. I don't suppose you have a copy of all the text in the game for editing purposes?
              Reply With Quote
                #1182   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 6 Days Ago (1:33 PM). Edited 6 Days Ago by miksy91.
              miksy91's Avatar
              miksy91 miksy91 is offline
              Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2008
                Location: Finland
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 1,480
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Poke_silver1 View Post
                Was finally thinking of going forward and downloading all the required stuff to play the current beta, but of course, my antivirus does not like with the silver rom or the hack. Ha ha. I don't suppose you have a copy of all the text in the game for editing purposes?
                Nope. But if you join Dark Energy server in Discord (or simply find me there), you can contact me there.

                I have ini-files for a tool called Poketext which can load text data from various parts of the rom file. Those ini-files should cover way over 95% of the in-game text. With Poketext and the ini-files, you could thus view the in-game text. Also I should be able to get you the hack to play via some means as well.

                But yeah... fixing grammar is not my top priority thing to do, but if there is bad grammar out there (and by bad I mean worse than just the order of words in a sentence being incorrect, or there being similar minor issues out there), I can naturally handle that once I know what to change and how.
                __________________
                Pokémon Dark Energy
                Some ROM hacking related stuff
                Reply With Quote
                  #1183   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Day Ago (3:19 AM). Edited 1 Day Ago by miksy91.
                miksy91's Avatar
                miksy91 miksy91 is offline
                Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2008
                  Location: Finland
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 1,480
                  Pokemon Dark Energy Beta 5.01 is out!

                  This release doesn't have any other changes, but it removes the bug that caused the game to freeze played on My OldBoy emulator in player's room. Some new features have been in development along the way though, but I intentionally left them out of this bug fix release.
                  __________________
                  Pokémon Dark Energy
                  Some ROM hacking related stuff
                  Reply With Quote
                    #1184   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 1 Day Ago (3:52 AM).
                  Murderlinez3's Avatar
                  Murderlinez3 Murderlinez3 is offline
                  Shiny Scyther
                     
                    Join Date: May 2017
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Hasty
                    Posts: 20
                    Dear miksy,

                    How far goes this beta?:)

                    It is a very interesting and nice game, I love 2nd generation games :)
                    Reply With Quote
                      #1185   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 1 Day Ago (6:22 AM).
                    Tyrantnyx Tyrantnyx is offline
                       
                      Join Date: May 2016
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 59
                      New patch crashes on startup. Used VBA-M, bgb, mGBA, and no&gba.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #1186   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 1 Day Ago (9:28 AM).
                      solidsmeagol's Avatar
                      solidsmeagol solidsmeagol is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2013
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 277
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Tyrantnyx View Post
                        New patch crashes on startup. Used VBA-M, bgb, mGBA, and no&gba.
                        Works fine on bgb for me.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #1187   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 12 Hours Ago (6:37 AM). Edited 12 Hours Ago by miksy91.
                        miksy91's Avatar
                        miksy91 miksy91 is offline
                        Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2008
                          Location: Finland
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 1,480
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Murderlinez3 View Post
                          Dear miksy,

                          How far goes this beta?:)

                          It is a very interesting and nice game, I love 2nd generation games :)
                          Hi,
                          The hack is probably around 70% done (yet it will take me a few years to complete it I believe). The main quest is quite long as it is, and the length is comparable to original games by Gamefreak. And along with the main quest, you can spend plenty of time working on different sidequests if you like.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Tyrantnyx View Post
                          New patch crashes on startup. Used VBA-M, bgb, mGBA, and no&gba.
                          There shouldn't be any issues with it. Are you sure you patched it over a non-modified Pokemon Silver (U) rom file?
                          __________________
                          Pokémon Dark Energy
                          Some ROM hacking related stuff
                          Reply With Quote
                            #1188   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old 10 Hours Ago (8:46 AM).
                          Tyrantnyx Tyrantnyx is offline
                             
                            Join Date: May 2016
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 59
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
                            Hi,
                            There shouldn't be any issues with it. Are you sure you patched it over a non-modified Pokemon Silver (U) rom file?
                            Honestly, after trying a few other hacks after posting that, I believe it's a problem with my laptop, it's having problems lately. I'll try this hack out somewhere else later and see if that's the problem.
                            Reply With Quote
                            Reply

                            Quick Reply

                            Join the conversation!

                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                            Create a PokéCommunity Account
                            Ad Content
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:16 PM.