Deep Discussion Have a seat at Deep Discussion for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

Ad Content

#76   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago (3:39 PM).
Slifer Stacker

I'm a lifelong fan of the Star Wars franchise, and I kinda liked the prequels.

No, seriously, none of them were as good as the originals, mind you, but I never really saw them as "bad".

Having said that, I also kinda liked Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
  #77   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago (1:17 AM).
I say a lot of words

Nature: Timid
    I'm anxious all the time.
    No, seriously. I just...I've never had what most would consider a major trauma in my life, but due to being such a sensitive person I've accumulated a huge amount of small, subjective traumas, and even when I'm not actively thinking about them, I'm trying to fight the memories off. The only time I truly feel relief is when I'm laying in bed falling asleep, because of the sleep-related chemicals released in my brain or something - I literally know when I'm fully awake in the morning, and it's time to get up, because I start feeling uncomfortable. I don't remember how long it's been this way.
      #78   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 1 Week Ago (8:38 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Decibel575.
    #TEAMSOBBLE

Nature: Quirky
      I am honestly scared of the future, since I'm pretty sure I'll either die before I'm 30, or my family will just pretend I don't exist. I already disappoint them enough as I am, I can't keep concentration and due to my anxiety, I can't even get a job to help support my family. I know I'm going to be alone all my life, not knowing basic things to live a proper life. I'm too scared to ask for help with anything, as all the times I did I got yelled at. During highschool, I just forced myself to stop crying, as I was judged with whatever I did.

I'm afraid I'm going to just become an addict and hurt someone, even though I've never had drugs before.
      I'm dumb, and while I do want to cook for a living, I know I'll never be good enough.

I would like a family when I'm older, but with the way the world is now, I know it will be impossible to be happy. :'D

Sorry, pretty depressing.
        #79   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (10:06 PM).

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by EmTheGhost View Post
      Snip
      Have you spoken to a psychologist? It sounds like you have a generalised anxiety disorder.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Decibel575 View Post
      I'm dumb, and while I do want to cook for a living, I know I'll never be good enough.

I would like a family when I'm older, but with the way the world is now, I know it will be impossible to be happy. :'D
      You put too much stock in a future you can't predict. If you want to cook for a living, go to TAFE and get your cert and then start applying for jobs. If you can't find any where you are then moving is even an option. Focus on that and you'll find your way into other stuff. Hell, if you really want a family there's always adoption too.
        #80   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (10:53 PM).
      I say a lot of words

Quote:
        Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
        Have you spoken to a psychologist? It sounds like you have a generalised anxiety disorder.
        Yeah - I regularly see a therapist. It's obviously not having the effect I wanted, but I'm still working on it. Thank you for your concern. <3
          #81   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (11:54 PM).
        #TEAMSOBBLE

Quote:
          Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
          You put too much stock in a future you can't predict. If you want to cook for a living, go to TAFE and get your cert and then start applying for jobs. If you can't find any where you are then moving is even an option. Focus on that and you'll find your way into other stuff. Hell, if you really want a family there's always adoption too.
          I was planning on going to TAFE next year, I'm in a hospitality course in collage right now. But I've just been messing up and taking longer than other people to do the same thing's. It doesn't help that I've been told by my family that I wouldn't be able to handle it, I guess.

Honestly, I just need to write up a resume. I sort of want my first job to be working somehwere I canmeet people with same interests.

As for family, I heard adoption is quite hard even for couples that are doing well. And wouldn't it be creepy for a single man to want to adopt? It's what I've always been told.
            #82   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 1 Week Ago (1:14 AM).
          I say a lot of words

Quote:
            And wouldn't it be creepy for a single man to want to adopt? It's what I've always been told.
            I cannot stress enough how untrue that idea is, and how you shouldn't listen to it - there is nothing creepy about wanting to be a father!
              #83   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 1 Week Ago (1:25 AM).
            #TEAMSOBBLE

Quote:
              I cannot stress enough how untrue that idea is, and how you shouldn't listen to it - there is nothing creepy about wanting to be a father!
              The main argument they tell me is just looking at everyone here that I know. I rarely see a family with a father, it is usually only a mother once a father walks out. Anyone who want'a to be a single father is a paedophile apparently.
                #84   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 1 Week Ago (2:01 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by EmTheGhost.
              I say a lot of words

Quote:
                The main argument they tell me is just looking at everyone here that I know. I rarely see a family with a father, it is usually only a mother once a father walks out. Anyone who want'a to be a single father is a paedophile apparently.
                I really don't know what to say to that except that it makes me sad that people think that way. :/ Single parents of any gender deserve respect.
                  #85   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Week Ago (3:05 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Decibel575.
                #TEAMSOBBLE

Quote:
                  I really don't know what to say to that except that it makes me sad that people think that way. :/ Single parents of any gender deserve respect.
                  Yeah, it is sad. Mother's have advantage in the court system, many father's are killing themselves too. Recently a man was arrested because he looked suspicious helping a lost child. It's all sorted now, but the fact that they judge on gender alone is quite upsetting. Another reason I am afraid of the future, because when I talk like that I'm afraid I'm going to become some sexist grouch

Another little confession. I get really attached to anyone that shows me a little kindness. It's how many bullies got close to me.
                    #86   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 1 Week Ago (4:50 AM).
                  Life, the Universe and Everything

Nature: Jolly
                    Quote:
                    I am honestly scared of the future, since I'm pretty sure I'll either die before I'm 30, or my family will just pretend I don't exist. I already disappoint them enough as I am, I can't keep concentration and due to my anxiety, I can't even get a job to help support my family. I know I'm going to be alone all my life, not knowing basic things to live a proper life. I'm too scared to ask for help with anything, as all the times I did I got yelled at. During highschool, I just forced myself to stop crying, as I was judged with whatever I did.

I'm afraid I'm going to just become an addict and hurt someone, even though I've never had drugs before.

Sorry, pretty depressing.
                    Very relatable. My family is very patient with me, though, but that doesn't stop the itchy feeling that I'm fundamentally incapable of learning and am likely to end up as an addict. And the anxiety and lack of real world knowledge... its a hideous way to be.

That being said, I think it's definitely worthwhile to pursue a career in cooking and to generally disregard all of the "can'ts" and "not good enoughs" that are gonna come your way. Because if you listen to people and behave accordingly... you're never gonna do anything. Live defiantly. Do what you want, even if you lag behind the others a little and whatever. Better late than never. Better having tried than having been too scared to.

And today's world is pretty mukty, but happiness isn't impossible! It's not a guarantee, sure. The only thing we're guaranteed is death, and you don't wanna die before giving everything a shot.

As for my own bit of confessions:

I'm feeling depressed for the first time in my life. I still smile and laugh and have fun, and I notice the beauty and stuff, but there's a void which stares into me whenever I'm not preoccupied. I feel kind of hopeless, and am on the edge of tears whenever I'm alone. I know there is hope. The pit of my gut knows it, but I'm just caught in an endless loop and it's sort of tearing at me. It's just a smattering of depression, really. And I feel so disconnected from life. Like, if I was dead, there'd be no difference.

It also feels like I'm growing a cyst; a personality that is both separate and... not. I am not myself lately, that's for sure. The Real Me is lodged in the past, somewhere between watching GTA 4 and walking sulkily on a beach. I have no idea who this stranger in my head is.
                      #87   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 6 Days Ago (11:02 PM).
                    of the Final Day

Nature: Quiet
                    I wish I had friends sometimes.

That's probably an odd thing to say, because I make it a point to keep a wider-than-normal distance between myself and others. There is a very solid wall there. Although that is due in no small part to the fact that I am at my core an intolerable and thoroughly unlikeable person, and people who get to know me inevitably wind up hating me. People can like me professionally, sure, but not as a person. I don't blame them for this though; you can't get along with everyone...it just seems I am one of those people that nobody can get along with on a personal level. I'm one of those people can be helpful and supportive of others if necessary, but has nobody to turn to myself, because it's an ugly and disgusting side of me that nobody wants anything to do with...myself included. I have always understood that I am the problem, but that it's beyond my ability to do anything about it, and I guess I've made peace with it.

I've always seen myself as something less than other people, and the way I've been treated by others only reinforces that whenever I've tried to let them in. I also deal with a lot that I can't really explain to other people, so I need a lot of space at times. The "you can talk to me" line always has an unspoken "but please don't" attached to the end of it; it's just people's way of being polite and pretending they care whilst praying to whatever deity they may worship that I'll get out of their face...so I do. Explaining is tiring and difficult anyway, and half the time the thing I need the most is solitude so I can calm the psyduck down and keep myself together.

I'm not really suited for having friends, or people I can talk to on a more personal level more frequently. But I wish things could be different sometimes.
                      #88   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 6 Days Ago (12:13 AM).
                    I still can't make scripts without guides.

Nature: Jolly
                      It's a Sunday, and I have 4 assessments due next week, two on Tuesday, one on Wednesday, and one on Thursday.

1 I haven't started, two nearly complete, and 1 that I've barely done much of.

I said I'd cram in one of my subjects today, but I've been procrastinating the whole day. There was one point where I was trying to create the idea of a peacock/mathematics Pokemon. That's how far I can procrastinate to.

I think there was this one time last year, where instead of studying, I was staring at the box cover of Yo-Kai Watch 3 Tempura for a solid 20-40 minutes. I still don't know how I can procrastinate so well.
                        #89   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 2 Days Ago (8:48 PM).
                      I say a lot of words

Lighthearted confession:
                        Despite everything I've heard, I've always sorta wanted to see the live-action Smurfs movie. :{
                          #90   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 19 Hours Ago (9:12 AM).
                        Slifer Stacker

I know what you mean, I had the same opinion of the live-action Super Mario Bros movie.

Folks give it a lot of guff, but I never thought it was that bad. It's okay if you watch it expecting a sci-fi parody.
                          #91   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 16 Hours Ago (11:37 AM).
                        I say a lot of words

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
                          I know what you mean, I had the same opinion of the live-action Super Mario Bros movie.

Folks give it a lot of guff, but I never thought it was that bad. It's okay if you watch it expecting a sci-fi parody.
                          I just really like the idea of the Smurfs interacting with regular modern-day humans. (Plus, y'know, Neil Patrick Harris...)

Quick Reply