ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Ad Content

#101   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 20th, 2016 (1:27 PM).
"This is a text filler!"

Thanks for your appreciation!
    Now, it's time for answers:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cybershaell12 View Post
    This hack is probably the best gen 1 hack that was ever made (and it's made without any disassembly!!!)
    some questions:will we be seeing any more of the other regions (Kelgo,Altek and the alluded to
    South Frejo) in Pokémon Peach?

Is Frejo in the same "Country" as Kanto/Johto etc, (asking because the route numbers start at 49 but on the other hand Prof. Bek receives a Ticket to Rijon (which also has routes that start at 49)
    (my assumption is that Altek Routes Go From Route ?? to route 48 and that Kelgo continues where Frejo left off and maybe that southe frejo goes from route 1-??

Continue your good work
    Thanks! ;)

Frejo is not interconnected with Kanto\Johto, however it is interconnected with Kelgo (to the West) and Altek (to the East), Altek was the region of my first aborted GBA Hack (which changed name multiple times, including the names Pokemon Power and Pokemon Neon) dated way back 2009-2010, it arrived (fortunately) to an abrupt ending in early 2012 due to multiple reasons and since then I switched to Gen1 hacking.
    By the way, Routes in Altek started from 101 just like in Gen3 hack, well, since there were 2 generations prior to it numbers between 1 and 99 had to be used, and since Kelgo is located to the west and at that time I had absolutely no idea on how that region had to be I picked the number in between (50 for instance) and I started to number my routes from there, hoping to have around 25 routes in Kelgo and the other 25 routes in Southern Frejo Archipelago (a parallel clone of the Sevii Islands).
    Do not mistake "South Frejo" (the southern part of the mainland which contains Gondwan City, Silten City and Lauras City) with the aforementioned Frejo's Archipelago located to the South (the Archipelago is mentioned by a NPC).

The "ticket joke" at the beginning of the game is indeed a joke by Prof.Bek meant to mention Pokemon Prism\Brown, NPCs tend to do a lot of mentions to other hacks (from the "Elementar Orbs" from Pokemon Dark Energy to Pokemon Secret and Rumours' Pikablu).
    Of course, there are thousands of jokes and\or mentions to other Pokemon hacks as well as other jokes and references to pop colture alike, I suggest you to find them out in the Final Version beaue I've added a lot of new cameos.

Work on Pokemon Peach (and on Pokemon Creepy Black, yes, the one from the creepypasta with the creepy ghost stuff etc.) had been halted in order to focus my efforts on Pokemon Grape.
    If you want to know something more about the planned sequel you'll have to find it out by completing the final version.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kabocha-Chan View Post
    The hack looks amazing and stuff, but I'm 100% the protagonist is from Telefang and I don't see Smilesoft/Natsume in the credits. I also wanted to ask you why you added ten new types which are oddly specific, especially Wind which undermines Flying and Bone which undermines Ground.
    Right, the original sprite was from Telefang, I'll add a credit to Natsume, however, don't forget his new packpack that I've added to his back! :D
    (By the way, I extracted it from Pokemon Diamond\Jade by Sintax rather than Telefang ;P )

I discussed a lot about the types way back, it is a love-or-hate-it kind of thing, I know.
    I can only assure you one thing: if you like them you will like them a lot, expecially if your Ninetales facing against a Lapras will take only normal damage from water moves due to its new second type.
    More types means more strategies. I've spent a lot of time in order to tune them in a kind-of balanced way, with the addition of Bone-Type everything made sense.

---------
    And now for something completely different: Screenshots.

Well, this image speaks for itself.

There's a sabbath going on... Yes, I've added a Pharmacy inhabitated by witches, now there are even wizards in this game as I previously hinted with a series on in-game jokes.

What...? There's even that creepy russian sorceress out there!
    The further you explore this game the crazier it gets.

Oh wait, wasn't that Mart smaller?

The mapping is okay considering this is just a Gen1 Hack...
    PS: These screens show you that a lot of areas were reworked completely.

O.O ... Is this still a Gen1 Game? It looks like I've mapped this by using Advance Map rather than some old dusty program. Finally, some maps that don't look "blocky".

I smell Pokemon Discovery here...

Of course I am.

Thanks to somebody who pointed out that Death Pads are rather annoying when you explore this area all the times.

NPCs have thoughts? These kind of thoughts!? In a Pokemon Game!?
    Oh, I love to break Pokemon conventions.
    That's also why I've added a bed for every house (see below).

Good, at least in Frejo people are supposed to eat and sleep like normal people do.

What's that birdie??? What's that door??? This gets intriguing.

...Even more intriguing. How do I even pass through walls without cheats?

M.A.G.N.E.Z.O.N.E.

<<You know who he is... (breaths deeply)... I'm going to catch 'em all!>>

--------
    I'm sorry if I don't post here more frequently and if I don't release Demos, or better, Final Versions more frequently, I've got more important things to do in the meanwhile (eating, in the first place, certain times I nearly starved to death in an attempt to complete this game earlier) that's why I can't work exclusively on this all day.

This is the moment for you to know why I haven't released it earlier:
    I've added a lor of cool stuff that is going to keep interest in this hack at least for the next two decades, otherwise this would be a hack that remains ahead of its times for a year or two, instead, I'm making the hack ahead of its times, and I'm making sure it's endlessly funny so, you will have to wait a few more, but the result will be worth the waiting.

That's it, see you next time! :)

#102   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old September 20th, 2016 (11:46 PM).
    Feeling sleepy...

Nature: Lonely
    Jade/Diamond are just bootleg "localised" Telefang games, but it's not a big deal. And eh, not really a fan of new types, but it's subjective. Anyways, amazing screenshots, I love the witch thing going on! Also, I'm not really sure how it's in Russia, but Baba Yega is spelled Yaga in my country. :v
      #103   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 2nd, 2016 (5:09 AM).

Hi 80c, love your hack obviously but why don't you make an artwork cover that reflects the richness of the world you created? The scyther cover makes it look like a cheap hack :/
        #104   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old October 7th, 2016 (5:24 PM).
      A.K.A. Cuprite1024

Nature: Bashful
        That was the most beautiful trailer I have ever witnessed.
        XD
          #105   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old October 20th, 2016 (4:07 PM).
        šoακεd ςʟoτhεš, ωε† hαïr... ςoʟd ώίɴɖ ßʟoωïηg...

Nature: Naughty
        YEAAAAAAAAAAHH 80C!!!!!!!! This game is going to be amazzing I feel like It will soon ends, make sure it would be an AMAAZIING ENDING!!!!!!!!! I have ver high expectation, I was holding myself from playing Grape for years mate.. I am going to cry hahahahah, JK, but I'm so excited to the max!
        The latest screenshots are sooo cool! Luv ya man!
        tɦɛ cѳʆɗ ɓʀɛɛzɛ, wiɳɗ'ร ɓʆѳwiɳg, yѳu cɑɳ Բɛɛʆ it witɦ yѳuʀ Բɑcɛ รkiɳ...
        ʀɑiɳ Բɑʆʆร
        \(^○^)人(^○^)/
          #106   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old November 12th, 2016 (8:47 AM). Edited November 25th, 2016 by 80C.
        "This is a text filler!"

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Tynzo View Post
          Hi 80c, love your hack obviously but why don't you make an artwork cover that reflects the richness of the world you created? The scyther cover makes it look like a cheap hack :/
          Cheap hacks don't have artworks ;)

Thanks, I appreciate your answers, working on this hack is very hard, you know.
          Frejo is probabilly the first Pokemon region where the player has the feeling that every place has a sense or a meaning hence every location is worth further exploration, there's no empty space in fact, I've put a lot of efforts into pushing to the limits how much details a retrò hack game can have.
          Indeed, it can easily compete even with the Ruby\Sapphire\Emerald hacks despite being a Pokemon Red hack. Probabilly this is why it is said that there were two ways of making Pokemon Red hacks: before Pokemon Grape and after Pokemon Grape.

As you will see in the new video I've introduced even more backtracking, this implies that later in the game you may want to re-explore previous areas that were previously unaccessible to you.

By the way, after eons of absence here's a new preview video showing you a couple of cool things you will find in Final Version:

First, here's an oldie that had been shown only in screenshots many months ago: the volcanic ambient with both flowing and "stationary" animated magma. This is the first Generation 1 hack with such a feature.
          Then there's another funny feature where backtracking up to Mt.Lyre is involved.

PS: Any relationship with "Mr.Grey" is purely fictitious and coincidential ;)
          PPS: I give a biscuit to the first one who catches the reference in the video's title :D

Quote:
          Originally Posted by classiccartoonsftw View Post
          Wait a minute... If you need Blastoise and Charizard to open that secret passage, does that mean that all starters will be obtainable eventually?
          That's what I call a very smart observation.
          The answer is yes, at some point you might be able to obtain all of them, how you obtain them is another mystery: you'll have to find it by yourselves in the Final Version. If I spoil too much stuff that is not going to be anymore funny, am I right about it? (It's a rethoric question).

#107   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old November 12th, 2016 (9:57 AM).

Nature: Hasty
            Amazing hack, better than pokemon CAWPS and Outlaw

Keep the good work :)
              #108   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old November 12th, 2016 (1:05 PM).
            Nintendo is for awesome people

Wait a minute... If you need Blastoise and Charizard to open that secret passage, does that mean that all starters will be obtainable eventually?

Come play The Great Pokemon Battle 4!
                #109   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old November 26th, 2016 (4:10 AM).
              Feeling sleepy...

Nature: Lonely
              Er, Turtle Rock like in A Link To The Past?
                #110   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old December 2nd, 2016 (9:03 AM).
              Meh. Hate me if you will.

Nature: Relaxed
                Lol, you still have California Gurls in it.

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time!"
                  #111   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old December 3rd, 2016 (4:52 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Murderlinez View Post
                Amazing hack, better than pokemon CAWPS and Outlaw
                I totally respect your opinion, but Outlaw & Cawps are GBA based and 80c's master piece is a GB hack, IDK why you're comparing them though, knowing the fact each has it own storyline and their uniqueness...

But let's say that e have high expectations for the upcoming final version!
                ʀɑiɳ Բɑʆʆร
                \(^○^)人(^○^)/
                  #112   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old December 8th, 2016 (6:34 AM).

rival has a level 33 arbok and nothing else in the second battle of the game. i can't get past him what happened here? i don't think it was my rom that was screwed up, i checked it with all of my hacking tools before i patched it. why it do this?
                    #113   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old December 24th, 2016 (3:28 AM).
                  Nintendo is for awesome people

With Pokemon Prism being cancelled recently, I'd suggest that you limit advertising mostly to forums like Pokecommunity and Skeetendo before releasing the full version of Pokemon Grape.

Come play The Great Pokemon Battle 4!
                      #114   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old December 25th, 2016 (2:07 AM).

Nature: Docile
                      I AM PLAYING IT BECAUSE GRAPE.

I DONT EVEN LIKE GRAPES.

BUT THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. GOOD JOB BRAH. *PATS YOU*

PS: Will you be making DS or GBA Rom Hacks sometime? I'd like to see your work in those styles. Your an excellent hacker and I'll def play Grape when it's final version is release (TIP: Don't make a trailer. Don't want to get too much traffic since you know C&D).
                        #115   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old December 27th, 2016 (4:03 PM).
                      SGumble97

Nature: Relaxed
                        Is this hack going to be done any time soon? im dying to play but i hate starting games that aren't finished yet
                          #116   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old January 5th, 2017 (5:19 AM).

What if Nintendo stops your ROM Hack 80C as in case of Prism, what would you do?
                        Under those situations, do you have an underground blog to publish the ROM? (; Please let me know if there is..
                        ʀɑiɳ Բɑʆʆร
                        \(^○^)人(^○^)/
                          #117   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old January 5th, 2017 (9:22 AM).

I think it's too hard to this hack to get C&D because 80C don't have a website and the trailer is only getting 1592 views after 1 year.
                            #118   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old January 9th, 2017 (8:55 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by theanhvn View Post
                          I think it's too hard to this hack to get C&D because 80C don't have a website and the trailer is only getting 1592 views after 1 year.
                          Yes, I am aware of that, thankfully and awkwardly, Grape isn't that popular like other hacks which I see it as a good opportunity for it to be a complete project, once it finished, even if it becomes a big hit it would be too late for Nintendo! But what if this actually happens, there will be a "leak" like Prism (although I'm glad "pirates" leaked Prism though) hope there will be a plan B in this case...

P.S. Just to let you know, the download link isn't working any-more!
                          ʀɑiɳ Բɑʆʆร
                          \(^○^)人(^○^)/
                            #119   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old January 11th, 2017 (10:16 PM).
                          i like mimikyu.. like i really like mimikyu

Yeah, as Del said, download link not working anymore (please fix CAUSE THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING)
                              #120   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old January 26th, 2017 (5:28 AM).

This game looks great... but 10 new types sounds horrible (even the TWO new types in Prism are a bit much to get used to). Can you release two versions of the game?One with only the normal 18 types in it?
                                #121   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old February 20th, 2017 (2:29 AM).

The 4th Gym
                                how can i get a ghost scope ?
                                there is nothing to cut
                                Sorry for my Bad English, i'm vietnamese
                                beta 3.1
                                  #122   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old March 21st, 2017 (12:41 PM).

80C, I would like to do a French translation of Pokémon Grape once Final 1.0 arrives(Pokémon Fan Games in French are few and far in between) but i wouldn't be able to insert the text myself so I'd need your collaboration for the technical aspect (Inserting the text,Editing font, Repointing (as French tends to be longer than English) etc.) for this to be possible. PM me if you are interested.
                                    #123   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old April 6th, 2017 (2:21 PM).
                                  Weighed Down By Technology

Nature: Serious
                                    https://www.mediafire.com/download/eod4lawlp1e1oqz

I uploaded an IPS & XDELTA file for this.

If anyone has Pokemon Pink v2.1, please do the same.

(If someone kills this link, please tell me and I will keep on re-uploading this)
                                      #124   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old June 19th, 2017 (5:29 AM).

Tuning in to say this hack looks absolutely incredible! Hopefully the final version will be released one day. Keep it up man :)
                                        #125   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old August 4th, 2017 (3:44 AM).
                                      Burningocean2012 Burningocean2012 is offline

Nature: Gentle
                                        This looks pretty good!You're doing a great job!Hope to see a final release sometime.
                                        Catalyst/Black Cinder/Scarlet Blaze/Jasper/Axis/Cyan/Winds of Shadow
                                        Sage/Unbound/DiamondAndPearl Advance/Lilac/Gaia DS

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Quick Reply