Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Ad Content

#51   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old July 28th, 2017 (9:57 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
Sure :)

Shall I post it at the end of the day on Jul 31? If we wait until Aug first, it won't go up until fairly late in the day since I work until 5.
Yep, rather earlier.
  #52   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old July 30th, 2017 (4:19 PM).

Nature: Brave
Please add this or something like it to the thread when you post it:

Quote:
For this mini-challenge, everyone who completes will get a super-fast Pokémon! It's a secret exactly which one, but it's one of the fastest and strong, too.

The prize Pokémon will be distributed by Tek on (dates) at (times). Message Tek with your FC when you've completed the challenge, and add Tek to your Friend List (FC: 5000 7369 9451).
I'll update this post with the distribution times after I take a look at my calendar.
  #53   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old July 30th, 2017 (5:59 PM).

Nature: Calm
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tek View Post
    Please add this or something like it to the thread when you post it:

I'll update this post with the distribution times after I take a look at my calendar.
    Sure thing :) And take your time, if you don't have a date by the time I post it, I'll just put "to be announced" or something like that
      #54   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old July 30th, 2017 (8:39 PM). Edited July 30th, 2017 by Tek.

Quote:
    Sure thing :) And take your time, if you don't have a date by the time I post it, I'll just put "to be announced" or something like that
    Thanks! The prize distributions for each event will happen on the first Saturday of the following month. The times of distributions on that day will be from 09:00-10:00 Central Time and from 21:00-22:00 Central Time.

2017 Prize Distribution Schedule

Spoiler:

For August's challenge, the prize distribution date is Sat 2 September and the times are 09:00-10:00 CDT (UTC -5) and 21:00-22:00 CDT (UTC -5).

September's distribution will occur on Sat 7 October from 09:00-10:00 CDT (UTC -5) and 21:00-22:00 CDT (UTC -5).

October's distribution will occur on Sat 4 November from 09:00-10:00 CDT (UTC -5) and 21:00-22:00 CDT (UTC -5).

November's distribution will occur on Sat 2 December from 09:00-10:00 CST (UTC -6) and 21:00-22:00 CST (UTC -6).

December's distribution will occur on Sat 6 Jan 2018 from 09:00-10:00 CST (UTC -6) and 21:00-22:00 CST (UTC -6).

So the prize info for August's challenge should read like this:

Spoiler:

For this mini-challenge, everyone who completes will get a super-fast Pokémon! It's a secret exactly which one, but it's one of the fastest, and strong, too!

The prize Pokémon will be distributed by Tek on Saturday 2 September from 09:00-10:00 CDT (UTC -5) and 21:00-22:00 CDT (UTC -5). To receive your prize, complete the following steps:

1) Message Tek with your Friend Code and which time slot you will attend.

2) Add Tek to your Friend List (Tek's FC: 5000 7369 9451).

3) At the scheduled time, connect to wifi in the PSS and wait for Tek to ask you to trade.

We want you to receive your prize, so please be sure to follow all the instructions! Message Tek with any questions about this.

On a different note, will we be verifying completion of the challenge? For this one, we can have challengers post a pic of the Pokémon as soon as they capture/hatch it and post a second pic upon completion. The pictures should show the OT # and level of the Pokémon.

I agree that we don't need to control people's play. But I also expect that someone who makes the effort to complete the challenge doesn't want to wait in line for a prize behind someone who didn't make the effort. Personally, I don't care either way unless we have a large number of participants.

Also, any ideas for prize Pokémon are welcome. The one I'm working on now could easily be used for a later challenge.
      #55   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old July 30th, 2017 (10:27 PM). Edited July 31st, 2017 by Raichu.

Nature: Naive
    re: "late in the day" Remember there are europeans and asians and australians here too (8

I'll check the forums regularly to see if there's an event thread up, and when I see it, I'll accept and sticky it.
      #56   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old July 31st, 2017 (6:36 AM).

Quote:
    On a different note, will we be verifying completion of the challenge? For this one, we can have challengers post a pic of the Pokémon as soon as they capture/hatch it and post a second pic upon completion. The pictures should show the OT # and level of the Pokémon.

I agree that we don't need to control people's play. But I also expect that someone who makes the effort to complete the challenge doesn't want to wait in line for a prize behind someone who didn't make the effort. Personally, I don't care either way unless we have a large number of participants.
    IMHO the most important details are Date of the catch and Level. I don't think it's necessary to have a pic of the catch/hatch as it can be easily discovered, when the Pokemon was captured/hatched.

We can recommend to post both catch/hatch and final screen, but I wouldn't require it.
      #57   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old July 31st, 2017 (2:58 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by starika View Post
      re: "late in the day" Remember there are europeans and asians and australians here too (8

I'll check the forums regularly to see if there's an event thread up, and when I see it, I'll accept and sticky it.
      I know that's part of why I suggested posting it today - it would already be Aug 2 for the Australians by the time I posted it if I waited till the 1st lol (I'm in Ontario, Canada)

As far as prizes, I am going to require some proof if they want a prize - it'll just be a screenshot of the pokemon when it was first captured, showing the ID# of the pokemon, and then the same pokemon at lvl 100 - but if they aren't interested in the prize and just want to be listed as having completed the challenge, I won't require anything.
        #58   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old July 31st, 2017 (5:36 PM).

Quote:

It's submitted :) (well it was actually submitted a couple hours ago but I had to run literally as soon as I hit the submit button)
          #59   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old July 31st, 2017 (11:48 PM).

Quote:
        It's submitted :) (well it was actually submitted a couple hours ago but I had to run literally as soon as I hit the submit button)
        Great! I approved and stickied it. When I have time at a computer later, I can make a Bulletin Board post to advertise it a bit, and I'll also make sure to buzz the event to social media (:
          #60   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old August 6th, 2017 (7:48 AM).

Nature: Adamant
          Hi! I was told by one of the moderators to post a request/thought I had here. I was wondering if we could get a thread going that would rate/review/rank Challenge logs so people that post them could get feedback in a constructive way and people that are looking for a good read could easily sort through what they might like to read?

I'm new to being an active poster here so any thoughts/ideas would be welcome!

Thanks for your time!
          KNOST
            #61   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old August 6th, 2017 (7:06 PM). Edited August 6th, 2017 by Tek.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Knost View Post
          Hi! I was told by one of the moderators to post a request/thought I had here. I was wondering if we could get a thread going that would rate/review/rank Challenge logs so people that post them could get feedback in a constructive way and people that are looking for a good read could easily sort through what they might like to read?

Thanks for your time!
          KNOST
          I'd enjoy something like that. Would be an interesting addition to the Challenges forum IMO.

Here's one way it could work:

- Determine criteria for a member to be a reviewer. Select a few people to be reviewers. Rotate reviewers regularly if there are many qualified volunteers.
          - Once per week, each reviewer picks a challenge log to review (may want to seek permission from the member who posted the log). Review consists of three parts: what works well, what could be improved, and what the reviewer likes best about the challenge log.

Personally, I would enjoy giving feedback. And it could be exciting to be the person featured in the weekly review!
            #62   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old August 6th, 2017 (7:33 PM).

Quote:
            I'd enjoy something like that. Would be an interesting addition to the Challenges forum IMO.

- Determine criteria for a member to be a reviewer. Select a few people to be reviewers. Rotate reviewers regularly if there are many qualified volunteers.
            - Once per week, each reviewer picks a challenge log to review (may want to seek permission from the member who posted the log). Review consists of three parts: what works well, what could be improved, and what the reviewer likes best about the challenge log.

Personally, I would enjoy giving feedback. And it could be exciting to be the person featured in the weekly review!
            That honestly sounds amazing. I would be a part of that 100%
              #63   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old August 6th, 2017 (11:06 PM).

Quote:

Thanks for your time!
            KNOST
            Quote:

Sounds really fun! Perhaps to begin with, we could simply see what people from this thread feel like being reviewers? If it's 4-5 people maximum, that'll be alright.

However, there still aren't very many active personal logs... Hopefully this could lead to logging seeming more fun (:

Would you like to make a new thread each time and place it here in the main Challenges forum each time, or a permanent sticky thread where the reviewers post every week/month? Or should the review happen directly in the challenge log thread? (that would be much less visible)
              #64   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old August 7th, 2017 (1:31 AM).

Quote:
              Sounds really fun! Perhaps to begin with, we could simply see what people from this thread feel like being reviewers? If it's 4-5 people maximum, that'll be alright.

However, there still aren't very many active personal logs... Hopefully this could lead to logging seeming more fun (:

Would you like to make a new thread each time and place it here in the main Challenges forum each time, or a permanent sticky thread where the reviewers post every week/month? Or should the review happen directly in the challenge log thread? (that would be much less visible)
              Honestly, I think one main, stickied thread would be easier for people to follow for sure. The OP would serve as an index of sorts and the reviews would just take place in the Second saved post in the thread? (Maybe have a place for a 'Previously' and a 'Coming up' link in the Second Post as well?)

That said I'll go with what a more experienced poster here would advise, but that's how it seems to work out in my mind.

Other ideas for the thread:
              A Poll?
              A section (third saved post) for best 'Amateur Review'? (A review not done by one of the main 5 Reviewers)
              A Q and A with the Challenge Log writer?
              A Challenge Log 'Pokmon of the Week' award? (With Quick synopsis of their journey)

So yeah. That's all I have for now lol
                #65   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old August 7th, 2017 (7:35 AM).

I think having thread for reviews is great idea. It would probably finally kick me to read some of the logs :D

Anyway, it's kinda sad that we don't have GT Event :(
                #66   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old August 8th, 2017 (11:34 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Janp View Post
              I think having thread for reviews is great idea. It would probably finally kick me to read some of the logs :D

Anyway, it's kinda sad that we don't have GT Event :(
              Can't you host one? (:

By the way, in the Challenges rules there is one rule stating that the creators of a challenge needs to participate in their own challenge and can't just post one and hope that somebody else wants to try it. Do you guys feel like that rule is necessary and beneficial?
                #67   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old August 9th, 2017 (5:36 AM).

Quote:
              Can't you host one? (:
              I don't think that's how it works :D

Quote:
              By the way, in the Challenges rules there is one rule stating that the creators of a challenge needs to participate in their own challenge and can't just post one and hope that somebody else wants to try it. Do you guys feel like that rule is necessary and beneficial?
              I think it dont hurt anyone. IMHO If anyone wants to create challenge, they should be willing to complete it.
                #68   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old August 9th, 2017 (10:58 AM). Edited August 9th, 2017 by Knost.

I'm not able to host the thread for reviewing Challenge Logs, but if someone can take that on I would absolutely contribute.

And, again, I think it would serve an invaluable purpose in these forums and for our members. We have so many talented people on this website, but it's difficult to keep motivated to write when you aren't getting feedback.

Thanks for the dialogue and let me know! :)

KNOST
                  #69   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old August 9th, 2017 (11:53 AM).

Quote:
                I don't think that's how it works :D
                Aha. My bad, I'm not very involved in the GT stuff at all o:

We could still do a monthly thing for September and let it be GT inspired, perhaps.
                  #70   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old August 10th, 2017 (5:54 PM). Edited August 10th, 2017 by Tek.

Quote:
                Can't you host one? (:

Seems to me that rule serves a couple of specific purposes.

One is to keep ill-thought out ideas from being posted. Requiring challenges to be approved adequately serves that purpose IMO.

The other utility of that rule is to reduce the number of challenges that are posted by requiring the poster to invest their own time in it. I would say that the rule probably is not necessary given the current level of participation here.

I suspect it was needed at some point in the past. And it may be needed again if participation increases.

Quote:
                I'm not able to host the thread for reviewing Challenge Logs, but if someone can take that on I would absolutely contribute.

And, again, I think it would serve an invaluable purpose in these forums and for our members. We have so many talented people on this website, but it's difficult to keep motivated to write when you aren't getting feedback.

Thanks for the dialogue and let me know! :)

KNOST
                I agree, it's nice to know that people have read what you wrote.

I'll work on submitting a thread this weekend unless someone else would like to take it on.
                  #71   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old August 10th, 2017 (6:51 PM).

Quote:
                  I agree, it's nice to know that people have read what you wrote.

I'll work on submitting a thread this weekend unless someone else would like to take it on.
                  Amazing! Thank you!
                    #72   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old August 16th, 2017 (4:25 PM).

I did not get that thread created like I said I would. I know at least one of y'all was excited for it so what I'll do is move the completion date to Monday by 5pm, and I put it in my calendar with a couple alerts so I don't have to rely on my brain to remind me :D
                    #73   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old August 16th, 2017 (8:52 PM).

Quote:
                  I did not get that thread created like I said I would. I know at least one of y'all was excited for it so what I'll do is move the completion date to Monday by 5pm, and I put it in my calendar with a couple alerts so I don't have to rely on my brain to remind me :D
                  Great, looking forward to it.
                    #74   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old August 16th, 2017 (9:59 PM).

Quote:
                  Congratulations btw ;)
                    #75   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old August 16th, 2017 (11:43 PM).

Nature: Quirky
                  Quote:
                  Ohai there new Challenges Lord!

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Quick Reply