ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Ad Content

#26   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old August 31st, 2017 (2:51 PM). Edited August 31st, 2017 by KorinY.

Hey, great hack, loved the way you added every Kanto pokémon to the game without overcrowding the routes, I wish more hacks were like that.

But I need a little help with a problem that I have with every Emerald rom I try to play, when I beat Wallace, after the credits, the game deletes my save, so I'm never able to go for the Battle Frontier or completing the dex ): I played the whole game without the need of the saving slots from VBA, but the game deleted my game again, I saved with the slots right before Wallace so I don't have to play everything again if I find a fix, but I don't really know what to do, can anyone help me?

Nevermind, I played again and it worked somehow, sorry.
      #27   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old September 3rd, 2017 (4:30 AM).

Hello great hack , i love the new texture and graphics and the other changes :) , im going to try to nuzlocke it wish me luck!
        #28   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old September 4th, 2017 (4:46 PM).

Nature: Calm
        Thank you for such a good work and for sharing with us. I was searching for a rom that keeps the essence of the original emerald and this one fits exactly. Besides that, would be great if you could make a patch with a physical/special split, many pokemon became unuseful without that.

Keep going!

You met me at a very strange time at my life.
          #29   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old September 5th, 2017 (6:11 AM).

Where exactly can I get the Eon Ticket? I can't find any receptionist giving them in the Pokemon Centers :/

Ow, and where is the Thunderbolt TM? It used to be in the Game Corner or given by Wattson, but you changed both.
            #30   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old September 5th, 2017 (1:02 PM).

Nature: Mild
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by KorinY View Post
            Where exactly can I get the Eon Ticket? I can't find any receptionist giving them in the Pokemon Centers :/

Ow, and where is the Thunderbolt TM? It used to be in the Game Corner or given by Wattson, but you changed both.
            The receptionist that gives you the ticket is upstairs in the Pokémon Centers, and is only accessible once you've unlocked Mystery Gift (which is the same method as normal).

Thunderbolt can now be obtained at the deepest part of Route 123, near the pond.
              #31   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old September 20th, 2017 (5:54 PM). Edited September 20th, 2017 by SkyVortex.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by h00t View Post
              You are sticking to the original content of the game and adding quality of life imrovements just like Crystal Dust's developer. This is why I love both them, I hope you can complete it and keep big customizations in separate patch.
              Thank you. It means a lot to me to read such positive feedback on this, and it motivates me to continue working on it when I have the time. I don't plan on giving up on this hack, at the very least until all of the things I've been talking about adding are finally there.
                #32   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old September 21st, 2017 (10:29 AM).

Hello, nice Emerald hack because of these; new battle background, map graphics and other features you added. I hope you will add fairy type, Jirachi event and put some cross-gen monsters from 4th Generation in the next updat
                  #33   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old September 22nd, 2017 (10:28 PM).
                PoKéMoN Trainer

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Intelligent Researcher View Post
                  Hello, nice Emerald hack because of these; new battle background, map graphics and other features you added. I hope you will add fairy type, Jirachi event and put some cross-gen monsters from 4th Generation in the next updat
                  Copy Paste :/
                    #34   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old September 26th, 2017 (10:38 AM).

Nature: Timid
                    WOW, I didn't expect to see the creator of Pokmon CosmicEmerald here.
                    I haven't played your hack yet, because I have many Pokmon games to complete, but once I complete Glazed and ShinyGold Sigma I will play CosmicEmerald.
                      #35   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old October 19th, 2017 (7:13 AM).

I'm using this on my 3ds as a virtual console inject. I used a rtc patch as well but this game has been in night time since I started yesterday is that a compatibility issue with the rtc patch?
                        #36   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old October 19th, 2017 (5:36 PM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by cha0ticbrah View Post
                        I'm using this on my 3ds as a virtual console inject. I used a rtc patch as well but this game has been in night time since I started yesterday is that a compatibility issue with the rtc patch?
                        I am not very familiar with how emulators/ROMs on the 3DS work, as I've never owned or used one. However, I would bet that the day/night issue is due to the RTC in the game not syncing with the one in your 3DS/virtual console. If this is the case, I'm not sure which side is the problem.

--

SIDE NOTE: If anyone is wondering why it seems like there is no work being done on this lately, rest assured that I am not giving up on this project but am currently very busy with college. I still make improvements here and there when I have the time and motivation.
                          #37   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old October 20th, 2017 (6:14 AM).

Yeah I reinstalled not using the rtc patch. I just get a notice about the internal clock has went dry or something like that.
                            #38   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old October 20th, 2017 (10:08 AM). Edited October 20th, 2017 by SkyVortex.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by cha0ticbrah View Post
                            Yeah I reinstalled not using the rtc patch. I just get a notice about the internal clock has went dry or something like that.
                            It may be an incompatibility between the RTC patch (as well as the game probably) and what you are playing it on. From what I understand, the RTC uses either a battery or the clock on the system it is being played on.

Prime-dialga's RTC (in the Day/Night/Seasons program which is what I used in my hack) uses the system time, like what you'll see on a computer. It seems to also be compatible with the Playstation Portable, which I use to emulate GBA games, but maybe it won't work with your virtual console. There may be a fix or download somewhere online that could be applied to your emulator that fixes this issue, as I'm sure those who play R/S/E on it who have run into the same issue may have already requested a fix.
                              #39   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old December 12th, 2017 (6:35 PM).

Heya, just wanted to report a problem/bug.
                              Today I finally managed to get my Hoenn Dex up to 170 so I can get some events going. The first one I did was the Raikou one. So I went to Raikous place with the keys I got but when I talk to Raikou, he just turns towards me, disappears and I get a thunderstone. Is this normal or am I missing something? Or is this really a bug?
                              Help :(
                                #40   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old December 12th, 2017 (7:35 PM). Edited December 12th, 2017 by SkyVortex.

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by xXJaXce97Xx View Post
                                Heya, just wanted to report a problem/bug.
                                Today I finally managed to get my Hoenn Dex up to 170 so I can get some events going. The first one I did was the Raikou one. So I went to Raikous place with the keys I got but when I talk to Raikou, he just turns towards me, disappears and I get a thunderstone. Is this normal or am I missing something? Or is this really a bug?
                                Help :(
                                That's really strange, as I had taken the Thunderstone out of that map and put it elsewhere. I don't think I even had Raikou hold a Thunderstone, either. When is the message that you obtained it happening (if there is one)? My best guess is that the patch for the hack wasn't applied correctly, since there is a Thunderstone there in the original version of Emerald. Are you using Lunar IPS to patch it to the original, untouched ROM of Emerald version?

My YouTube Channel
                                My AdventureQuest/BattleOn character

My Tutorials:
                                Stabilizing Pokemon Emerald (Preventing Corruption)
                                [Emerald] Controlling Trainer Battle Music... Without ASM
                                How to Fix the 64K Save 'White-Screen' in VBA Without Save-States

My ROM Hack:
                                  #41   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old December 13th, 2017 (7:16 AM).

I get the message for obtaining the thunderstone right when I talk to Raikou, like when I talk to it, it turns towards me for a splitsecond and then I get the stonemessage. And I dont know if its patched at all. I just downloaded the rom about 1 month ago and started playing it (I'm playing on android). Maybe thats the problem?
                                    #42   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old December 13th, 2017 (7:52 AM). Edited December 13th, 2017 by SkyVortex.

Quote:
                                    I get the message for obtaining the thunderstone right when I talk to Raikou, like when I talk to it, it turns towards me for a splitsecond and then I get the stonemessage. And I dont know if its patched at all. I just downloaded the rom about 1 month ago and started playing it (I'm playing on android). Maybe thats the problem?
                                    Yeah, I think it's because whoever originally patched the ROM and uploaded it probably made a wrong step somewhere (Nevermind, an MD5 checksum test proves this wrong). I am about 99.9% certain that this won't happen on a properly patched ROM, and this is why I seriously recommend that ROM hacks be downloaded from their true source. When they are uploaded elsewhere, who knows what has been done to them or what bugs they may have.

My YouTube Channel

My Tutorials:

My ROM Hack:
                                      #43   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old December 13th, 2017 (8:02 AM).

https://gbahacks.blogspot.de/2017/04/cosmicemerald-version.html?m=1

Thats where I got the rom from, thought it was legit and all, but I guess I gotta patch it myself lmao. Do I just need to use the latest Patch u posted here and use it on a clean rom?
                                      Or do you have a link for me from where I can download the complete rom already patched?
                                        #44   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old December 13th, 2017 (8:36 AM).

Quote:
                                        Thats where I got the rom from, thought it was legit and all, but I guess I gotta patch it myself lmao. Do I just need to use the latest Patch u posted here and use it on a clean rom?
                                        Or do you have a link for me from where I can download the complete rom already patched?
                                        You're not allowed to link to ROM sites here.

Anyway the ROM from that site seems to have the exact same checksum as the one I patched, so it seems alright. Unless I messed up too..
                                          #45   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old December 13th, 2017 (8:53 AM).

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by solidsmeagol View Post
                                          You're not allowed to link to ROM sites here.

Anyway the ROM from that site seems to have the exact same checksum as the one I patched, so it seems alright. Unless I messed up too..

Whoopsie didnt know that, sorry.
                                          Anyways, just have to try out things then I guess.
                                          I just hope something will work because so far I love this rom hack and I'm really looking towards future updates.
                                          Thanks for your quick response and your help man. :)
                                            #46   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old December 13th, 2017 (11:40 AM). Edited December 13th, 2017 by SkyVortex.

@xXJaXce97Xx
                                            @solidsmeagol

Since the checksums are apparently the same, I don't understand why there could be problems.

Is anyone else out there having this problem? If so then let me know. Either way though, I have no idea why this would be happening unless the patch I originally made was in some way defective.

My YouTube Channel

My Tutorials:

My ROM Hack:
                                              #47   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old December 13th, 2017 (6:53 PM). Edited December 13th, 2017 by solidsmeagol.
                                            solidsmeagol solidsmeagol is offline

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Sky0fBlades View Post
                                              @xXJaXce97Xx
                                              @solidsmeagol

Since the checksums are apparently the same, I don't understand why there could be problems.

Is anyone else out there having this problem? If so then let me know. Either way though, I have no idea why this would be happening unless the patch I originally made was in some way defective.
                                              Perhaps you made changes after the 8-11 patch?

It's also possible that you use a different Emerald dump than what I patched on. Could you confirm that your copy of the 8-11 ROM has an md5 of 146021fedf75610952b4b65dc60c4015 ?

Quote:
                                              Whoopsie didnt know that, sorry.
                                              Anyways, just have to try out things then I guess.
                                              I just hope something will work because so far I love this rom hack and I'm really looking towards future updates.
                                              Thanks for your quick response and your help man. :)
                                              I think it might be helpful if you could save (in-game) before the event and upload your .sav file. That way Sky0fBlades can confirm whether it's a patching problem or not.
                                                #48   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                              Old December 13th, 2017 (9:04 PM). Edited December 13th, 2017 by SkyVortex.

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by solidsmeagol View Post
                                                Perhaps you made changes after the 8-11 patch?

It's also possible that you use a different Emerald dump than what I patched on. Could you confirm that your copy of the 8-11 ROM has an md5 of 146021fedf75610952b4b65dc60c4015 ?
                                                Just now I patched my usual clean ROM with the 8-11 patch I currently have on my computer, and checked the MD5 using my hex-editor - it was a 100% match to that one.

After that, I did a file compare on my personally patched ROM with the one from the site that was accidentally mentioned earlier, exact match again.

Finally, tested it using my save file that I made specifically for testing the Raikou event, and it worked as intended.

At this point, I am guessing that the save file that xXJaXce97Xx is using has been switched over between ROMs. The fact that a Thunderstone was given suggests that the original event somehow made it over into that save file, since it is apparently using its original script. I turned the Thunderstone item on that map into the Raikou overworld sprite, so it really looks like the sprite was being held in the game's RAM data at the time the event was activated in this case (and from what I understand, the event script itself is only pulled from the ROM data once the event is interacted with directly).

This suggests that the game was saved on the hacked version's map (by way of a savestate probably), then the event was attempted on a clean/different ROM by mistake.

So xXJaXce97Xx, I think exiting the map and re-entering it should solve the problem, provided that the hacked ROM is being played on.

My YouTube Channel

My Tutorials:

My ROM Hack:
                                                  #49   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                Old December 18th, 2017 (9:16 AM).
                                                TheRealIcepik

Hi, first let me thank you for making this hack. I was wondering why new mauville hasn't been opened up to me yet as I already have 7 badges and have cleared Aqua/Magma questline. Is this a common glitch? Also, if I could say, I think the swap exp mechanic allows you to overlevel very easily. I was @ 6th gym with love level forty poke and basically walked over her, this leveled out Abit as I gym 7 but definitely felt very easily between 4and 6. Please let me know about new mauville as all I need for full team is a good electric!!
                                                    #50   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                  Old December 18th, 2017 (11:31 AM). Edited December 18th, 2017 by SkyVortex.
                                                  SkyVortex SkyVortex is offline

Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by TheRealIcepik View Post
                                                    Hi, first let me thank you for making this hack. I was wondering why new mauville hasn't been opened up to me yet as I already have 7 badges and have cleared Aqua/Magma questline. Is this a common glitch? Also, if I could say, I think the swap exp mechanic allows you to overlevel very easily. I was @ 6th gym with love level forty poke and basically walked over her, this leveled out Abit as I gym 7 but definitely felt very easily between 4and 6. Please let me know about new mauville as all I need for full team is a good electric!!
                                                    New Mauville in this hack is only accessible once you have captured at least 170 Hoenn Dex Pokémon, since a special event happens there now. On the plus side, you will now get a couple of neat rewards for going there, one of which is a pretty strong electric Pokémon.

As for the EXP thing, since it appears to make certain parts of the game too easy it may be a good idea for me to increase the difficulty levels between Gyms 4-6 a little bit in the next release. However, when implementing this EXP system it was mostly for adding more options for training, at the cost of the more effective method taking more button inputs and effort (switching out and missing a turn, instead of just using EXP Share). I now realize that if one is using the "Shift" instead of "Set" battle style it may make things a bit too easy. Now if I could make it so that it is on Set by default (with the other option still available for those who want it of course). I don't really want to remove this EXP system (especially since I play Set style), but if many people want the normal one back then I may consider it.

My YouTube Channel

My Tutorials:

My ROM Hack:

Quick Reply