Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Ad Content

#26   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 12th, 2018 (1:36 AM). Edited September 15th, 2018 by Ethmya.
Always changing.

Nature: Calm
    James:

Trainer name: James
    Trainer age: 17
    Trainer nature: Brave
    Backstory:
    James ran away from his home in Johto a few years ago because his parents wouldn't allow him to become a Pokemon Trainer. He heard Professor Oak was giving away starter pokemon and today he woke up in Viridian City in the Pokemon Center. Guess it's time to start a journey.
    Personality:
    Before battles will take time to plan for the fight, but sometimes forgets the plan in the heat of the moment. He is moderately funny, is a lover of bad puns, and always tries to protect his friends, even if it gets himself hurt in the process.

Starter:
    Nidoran Male.

Nidoking should be taught:
    • Horn Attack
    • Ice Beam
    • Thunderbolt
    • Earthquake
    • Body Slam
    • Thrash, although this is a subpar option.

Nidoking should have these Pokemon as support:

One of these: (A birb or grass type to dodge ground attacks)
    • Fearow
    • Dodrio
    • Any of the legendary birds.
    • Vileplume
    • Victreebell
    • Eggy
    • Scyther
    • Gyarados
    • Aero
    • Dnite
    One of these: (A good water type to soak those Surfs up)
    • Slowbro
    • Star
    • Golduck
    • Seadra
    • Lapras
    • Gyarados
    • Vaporeon
    • Chansey (just because shes so good in general at eating special attacks)
    One of these: (A good psychic type to eat those Psychics, assuming you aren’t using Slowbro/Star)
    • Slowbro, ofc
    • Zam
    • Hypno
    • Chansey, for reasons stated above
    • Eggy
    • Star

Ideal teams:
    Nidoking/Dodrio or Fearow/Golduck or Seadra/Zam or Hypno
    Nidoking/Dodrio/Slowbro or Starmie

This team needs no further coverage.

Important match ups:

1. Oaks Lab Rival: You got nothing but your starting attacking move and Leer. Compensate with Leer when Blue reduces your stats, and just wail away.
    2. If you level to Horn Attack you should have no issue with the Route 22 Rival.
    3. Spam Leer to -3, Horn Attack. Don’t attack during Bides.
    4. Nidorino and the King will be just fine with everything that isn’t Hyper Fang.
    5. Nido is 1hko’d by BBeam.
    6. Nidoking can sweep the SS Anne Rival, not including Kadabra.
    7. You should not worry about Surge’s gym, only thing you fear is Sonicboom.
    8) Gyarados has Hydro Pump now. Kadabra and Gyara are off limits.
    9) Rocket Hideout Gio should pose no problem.
    10) Avoid Erkia’s gym unless you know exactly who does and doesn’t have Razor Leaf.
    11) Nidoking should be able to tank an Explosion from Weezing, although depending on your level, this is not 100% sure. Be careful.
    12) Nidoking solos the Fighting Dojo.
    13) More of the same as before for the Silph Co Rival.
    14) More of the same as before for Silph Co Giovanni.
    15) Nidoking has no business in Sabrina’s gym.
    16) Nido is mostly fine in this gym but unless you know exactly what has Fire Blast you should be very careful, it really hurts Nido and he is going to seriously struggle if burnt.
    17) Nido should sweep Gio’s gym.
    18) Rival’s team on Route 22 is pretty strong and has poor type matchups for the King.
    19) Why would you bring King to fight Lorelei?
    20) King solos Bruno.
    21) Unless asleep, King solos Agatha. If he is put to sleep, you should immediately switch.
    22) Lance’s Gyarados should be avoided due to lil Pump, Aero due to his insane crit ratio.
    23) The Champion Battle is the same, just more of it.
    24) No.
      #27   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old September 12th, 2018 (1:44 PM).

Nature: Jolly
      Wow, so, first update, almost already lost, but we still kicking bois.
      Story:
      Spoiler:
      Nuzlocke Log #1: Days 1-5
      So, hi, my name is James, and this is the start of my nuzlocke journey in Kanto. Mainly because the world is whack. If you haven't heard yet, Kanto has been 'Nuzlockified' by Arceus because he got bored, so now pokemon don't faint, they straight-up die. So yeah, bad news for all of Kanto, and especially me.
      Day 1: Deaths: 0
      So today I started out on my journey, because I had to deliver a parcel to Professor Oak, because that was my job before I started, a mailman, to save up a bit of money.
      Oak said he would pick a starter that would match my personality, and he picked Nidoran-M for me. His grandson, who called himself Z (I think it's short for Zach) challenged me to a battle which Nidoran easily won(He had a Squirtle btw). So me and KingSize(the Nidoran's new name) headed back over to Viridian City and stayed there for the night.
      Day 2: Deaths: 0
      So today KingSize and I went out to find some more friends. On Route 1 we caught a Rattata(Rayt). On Route 22 we caught a Spearow(Sweater) while also trying to avoid Z because I didn't feel like fighting him. We then caught a Weedle(Needler) on Route 2.
      After that, we trained up a little(and Needler evolved into a Kakuna) and then went to go find Z on Route 22. All he added to his team was a Pidgey, and Sweater was easily able to deal with it while KingSize dealt with the Squrtle again. Z also seems to be immune to this Nuzlocke curse on the region, hmm... Anyway, after we beat him, it was time for another rest in Viridian city for the night.
      Day 3: Deaths: 0
      So, we're finally leaving Viridian City, after double-checking that the gym leader was actually out, cause that would have been embarrassing. So we went through Route 2 and entered Viridian Forest. I never want to go to that place again. It was horrible. Also, our first encounter was a Pikachu, but Needler accidentally killed it by Poisoning it. Rip Pikachu. Anyway, we finally got through all the bugs and bugcatchers who owned them while I gained a few Potions and an Antidote(the only good part about the forest). So, we finally made it to Pewter City, and, seeing how late it was, we decided to wait until the morning to prepare for and fight our next gym battle.
      Day 4: Deaths: 0
      So, the first gym leader. To prepare, we went over strategies that Brock normally uses: Defense Curl and Bide. To beat defense curl, we needed to just power through it while using Potions as needed. To beat the Onix though, we would need an actual strategy. I decided it would be best to just use defense/speed lowering moves while the Onix was biding. The money we had was enough to buy four measly potions, so we had a total of five to work with.
      Walking into the gym, I was nervous, and my pokemon were too. We challenged Brock, and he simply said, "I will be using two pokemon, and you may use as many as you like. Begin." And with that, he threw out his geodude on the field. I sent out Needler, and we easily beat the geodude by Poisoning it. After he sent out his Onix, I switched out Needler for Rayt. Rayt went with our plan, Tail Whipping the Onix to Kingdom Come, luckily it didn't seem to have Defense Curl lile the Geodude, but something was off. The Onix seemed to be faster than Rayt, and I knew Rayt was faster than KingSize, who I had planned to switch in and easily defeat this thing with a few attacks. I told Rayt to be careful and start attacking the Onix. It took a couple tackles, from what I could tell it took about half its health, while the Onix did nothing. I was suspicious, but there was nothing we could really do except keep attacking. I told Rayt to attack again, and that's when it happened. Brock uttered one word, "BIDE!" and the Onix' tail whipped around its body and slapped Rayt out through the ceiling.
      I was so stunned. One move, and Rayt was gone. Just like that. My mind raced on what we should do next. I couldn't send out KingSize right now, it still has too much health and is definitely faster. That would be suicide. So I sent out Needler. I told him to String Shot with the Onix seemed to be going for another Bide. The Onix released the Bide, and nothing happened since we hadn't attacked it. Then I told Needler to go for Poison Sting and it missed. Brock told the Onix to go for Tackle. It missed. Phew. Needler went for another Poison Sting, and it landed and Poisoned. Yes! We got this! But fate must have heard me and not liked me that day, because Brock called for Onix to release another Bide and my heart stopped. Whap! Needler was sent flying into a wall. I don't think he lived that. But his Poison saved us because one Horn Attack from KingSize was enough to finish off the Onix. Then Brock said, "You have done well to defeat me. You have earned the BoulderBadge. You have also earned this TM. It contains Bide."
      Day 5: Deaths: 2
      We mourned our great losses in yesterday's battle.

The team:
      Spoiler:
      KingSize the Nidoran-M
      -Horn Attack
      -Tackle
      -Leer

Sweater the Spearow
      -Peck
      -Leer
      -Sand Attack(I think)

RIP:
      Needler the Kakuna
      Rayt the Rattata

So yeah, finally finished part one. Cya next time :)
      Type: Poison

If you want to see other challenges I'm doing, click here.
        #28   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old September 12th, 2018 (4:11 PM). Edited September 13th, 2018 by Ethmya.
      Always changing.

Crystal:

Trainer name: Crystal
        Trainer age: 17
        Trainer nature: Naive
        Backstory:
        Crystal isn't really excited about being a pokemon trainer. Her parents believe shes quite vain and would like her to lose that quality. She believes becoming a pokemon trainer is beneath her. But, to prove her parents wrong, will give it her all, to start, at least. Maybe she'll find something she enjoys about pokemon later.
        Personality:
        Vain, self adsorbed, Naive, Dense, Obtuse, believes shes perfect in every way.

Starter:
        Vulpix

Ninetales should be taught:
        • Flamethrower
        • Fire Blast
        • Body Slam
        • Double-Edge
        • Confuse Ray
        • Reflect
        • Hyper Beam

Ninetales should have these Pokemon as Support:

One of these: (A pure Ground type to eat Rock attacks)
        • Marowak
        • Sandslash
        • Dugtrio

One of these: (A phat water type to eat surfs)
        • Slowbro
        • Star
        • Golduck
        • Seadra
        • Lapras
        • Vaporeon
        • Chansey is also an option here.

Ideal Team Core:
        Ninetales/Marowak or Sandslash/Golduck or Seadra or Vaporeon
        Ninetales/Marowak or Sandslash/Slowbro or Star

Coverage Mons:
        With a pure Fire, pure Water, and pure Ground on your team, your only weakness is Ground. You can use a flying type, such as
        • Zapdos
        • Articuno
        • Moltres
        • Dodrio
        • Fearow
          to deal with ground.

Important match ups:
        1. It should be obvious what to do in Oak's Lab by now.
        2. You should have a switch in just in case Route 22's Rival Sand Attacks you to the point that you cant hit anything.
        3. Ember outdamages everything Brock has and he has no SE moves so you're fine.
        4. As long as the Cerulean City Rival doesn't have Squritile, Vulpix will solo him.
        5. There is no reason to try to get Ninetales to solo Misty's gym.
        6. Again, on the SS Anne Rival, just avoid Wartortle, and you'll be alright.
        7. Ninetales can solo Surge's gym assuming no crits ever happen, which they probably will, so have a switch in ready.
        8. Same as before for the Lavender Tower Rival.
        9. A 5hitcrit Fury Swipes will kill Ninetales from like 75% health so you probably should have someone else fight Rocket Hideout's Giovanni.
        10. Remember to bring healing items into Erika's gym and use them after every battle and Ninetales should be alright.
        11. A Sludge to Explosion from anything in Koga's gym will kill Ninetales, and an Explosion alone will kill from about 85%, so maybe avoid having Ninetales out all the time here.
        12. Ninetales solos the Fighting Dojo.
        13. If you're around level 50 by Silph Co Rival, then Ninetales will be able to tank almost everything the Rival has here, but still, be careful.
        14. You should be staying away from Gio's Ground types by now, they have more powerful moves and you are weak to Ground.
        15. Ninetales can burn everything in Sabrina's gym to death besides Alakazam.
        16. You're a Fire type in a Fire gym so you'll be alright, but you have a better mon for the job by now, hopefully. Make sure to teach Fire Blast to Ninetales after you win.
        17. You are not Charizard and do not resist Ground, so you have no place in Gio's gym.
        18. If you picked Blastoise he has Hydro Pump by Route 22, and Alakazam always knows Psychic. Otherwise, Ninetales should be able to carry you through this fight if she has a good moveset.
        19. If these mons didn't have Surf and didn't have Amnesia you'd be fine, but they do, so Ninetales should stay away from Lorelei.
        20. Ninetales solos Bruno, even though Onix has Rock Throw, his stats are awful. If you are feeling careful, switch out when Onix appears.
        21. Nothing Agatha has can touch Ninetales while she is alive.
        22. Lance has Pokemon that Ninetales should not be facing, so let someone else take the spotlight there.
        23. Ninetales has PKMN in the Champion battle that she can stand up to, but many of them have moves that will really hurt.
        24. Ninetales can indeed stand up to Mewtwo but not for long. KO or catch or run from him the moment things go south.
          #29   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old September 12th, 2018 (8:41 PM).

I guess it's time to post an update.
          Spoiler:

Day 0.
          Today started off just splendid... I got in a fight with my mother again about the same old stuff. She wants me to become a pokemon trainer... She knows I don't really have an interest in becoming a pokemon trainer. So much traveling, and walking around chasing random creatures that you're not even guaranteed to catch... Oh and that pokedex.... Can't the old 'pokemon researcher' research his own pokemon? Why does he have to nag young people like myself to do it.
          Day 1.
          I left the house today because I was tired of fighting. If my mother likes pokemon so much, she should become the pokemon trainer. Why is it my job.... BUT FINE.
          I went to the old geezers lab and recieved a pokemon. It's a Vulpix, I thought that name was kind of boring, plus why would I want to get used to calling it Vulpix only for it to evolve later? The old fool told me my Vulpix was a girl. How he knows I don't want to know...
          I renamed her Vulliby. Surprisingly she seemed to like the name.
          This other trainer was there as well. He wanted to battle, what a moron. His only pokemon was a grass type.... Yeah the battle was quick. I told him to leave me alone and walked out with his money.
          Day 2.
          I got a phone call from Oak, he thinks just because he gave me a pokemon that I'll run him an errand? To add to it, he said he won't give me a pokedex if I don't get this for him... Wow... Old people are the worst.
          I went and got this weird thing from the next town and went back avoiding all the people out and about along the way. Why would I want to talk with them?
          I delivered it to the old geezer, only to have that weird kid walk in again. He said something I don't know what and walked off. Finally I got my pokedex.
          Day 3.
          I went towards the pokemon league.. A Nidoran male attacked me.. So I caught it, I named it Monstar.
          Just as I'm about to leave.. That weird kid appeared again he must be following me around. He talked for what seemed like hours. I told Vulliby to attack and she left him in ruin. I just walked off with Vulliby and his money.
          As we were going to Pewter City, my Nidoran evolved into a Nidorino. He's fat and not cute anymore. Whatever I have Vulliby for the cuteness I guess.
          Day 4.
          I made it to Pewter city.
          First thing I did is go straight to the gym to challenge the leader.
          This guy had his shift off, what is wrong with people. We battled, Vulliby took out his first pokemon. He sent out this weird rock-snake thing. I told him to give up but he attacked Vulliby. Made me a little upset he'd risk hurting her. I sent out Nidorino, and completely ruined his rock-snake. Apparently it's called an Onix.. Who cares. He gave me my badge and I walked out of his gym. Had no interest in further conversation with someone who thinks he's all that.
          P.S. I'm actually starting to like Vulliby. Shes grown on me a little bit. At night when I'm forced to sleep NOT IN A BED. She curls up next to me in my sleepingbag and we both stay warm.
          I won't dare try that with Nidorino, not only is he fat and ugly. But he has horns that are very pokey...

My team
          Spoiler:
          Vulpix/Vulliby - lv 14
          Nidorino/Monstar - lv 16
          Ratatta/Iwillsaveu - lv 7

I don't really have a plan yet. We'll see what happens.
            #30   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old September 12th, 2018 (10:29 PM).

Update: I have made a mistake. This is why you read the rules people. I did not realize their was a rule against using items in battle, so I have reset to before fighting Brock to fight him again. I did not lose any mons this time, but, as payment for my messup, I have decided to forfeit the mons who originally died. Let this be a warning to you all.

#31   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old September 13th, 2018 (12:54 PM). Edited September 13th, 2018 by Ethmya.
            Always changing.

Quick update, after lots of rumination, Master Ball is now banned.
              If you’ve somehow already used it, that is fine, but from now on, it is banned.
                #32   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old September 13th, 2018 (4:06 PM).
              Always changing.

Posting this for Brew exactly as it was written as their account still needs messages approved by a mod before posting.

Day 0.
                Today started off just splendid... I got in a fight with my mother again about the same old stuff. She wants me to become a pokemon trainer... She knows I don't really have an interest in becoming a pokemon trainer. So much traveling, and walking around chasing random creatures that you're not even guaranteed to catch... Oh and that pokedex.... Can't the old 'pokemon researcher' research his own pokemon? Why does he have to nag young people like myself to do it.
                Day 1.
                I left the house today because I was tired of fighting. If my mother likes pokemon so much, she should become the pokemon trainer. Why is it my job.... BUT FINE.
                I went to the old geezers lab and recieved a pokemon. It's a Vulpix, I thought that name was kind of boring, plus why would I want to get used to calling it Vulpix only for it to evolve later? The old fool told me my Vulpix was a girl. How he knows I don't want to know...
                I renamed her Vulliby. Surprisingly she seemed to like the name.
                This other trainer was there as well. He wanted to battle, what a moron. His only pokemon was a grass type.... Yeah the battle was quick. I told him to leave me alone and walked out with his money.
                Day 4.
                I made it to Pewter city.
                First thing I did is go straight to the gym to challenge the leader.
                This guy had his shift off, what is wrong with people. We battled, Vulliby took out his first pokemon. He sent out this weird rock-snake thing. I told him to give up but he attacked Vulliby. Made me a little upset he'd risk hurting her. I sent out Nidorino, and completely ruined his rock-snake. Apparently it's called an Onix.. Who cares. He gave me my badge and I walked out of his gym. Had no interest in further conversation with someone who thinks he's all that.
                P.S. I'm actually starting to like Vulliby. Shes grown on me a little bit. At night when I'm forced to sleep NOT IN A BED. She curls up next to me in my sleepingbag and we both stay warm.
                I won't dare try that with Nidorino, not only is he fat and ugly. But he has horns that are very pokey...
                  #33   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old September 13th, 2018 (4:07 PM).
                Always changing.

Zemanahrad is now considered inactive. Feel free to continue if you were waiting.
                    #34   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old September 14th, 2018 (6:46 PM).

My computer has crashed. Thankfully I backed up my save file, but it will be a bit before I am able to write a full update or play more.
                    So, slight update is I have finished up Mt. Moon with 0 new deaths. See ya next time folks

#35   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old September 14th, 2018 (6:50 PM). Edited September 14th, 2018 by Brewmaster.

Prolly should update #2 again I guess?
                      Two gyms down, nearly wiped on the lv 20 slowpoke before bill due to rng confusion and forgetting that mon doesn't know/use water attacks.
                      But here it goes.
                      (I'm actually further than this update says as I'm on my way to Rock tunnel)

Spoiler:
                      Shortly after beating Brock.
                      I'm going to take a break now. I deserve it.
                      I'm going to enjoyed my time with Vulliby. The rest of my pokemon I keep at the pokecenter with the Nurse. Why should I have to take care of so many?

One week later.
                      I woke up this morning with my phone ringing. The 'professor' if you can call him that... Decided to call me at 8 am and ask me why I hadn't caught anymore pokemon.
                      What's wrong with people, don't they like sleep?

Couple hours later~
                      I kept getting forced to battle as I was going to Mt. Moon. These people aren't worth my time. I just sent out Vulliby and she took care of all of them.
                      I got into Mt Moon and this dumb girl decided to tell me 'Dangerous people about'.
                      I told her. 'Yeah I'm one of them, out of my way'.
                      Shortly after that, I came across a Geodude. Decided to catch it to get the professor off my back. I named it SoftPillow, in hopes the professor one day will mistake it for a pillow. As I was getting near the exit of Mt. Moon, these weird people decided to block my path. I didn't even say a word to them, just sent out SoftPillow and walked off. He took care of them by himself.

Few days later.
                      I caught an Oddish, I named it Strawberry, it's now a Gloom.
                      SoftPillow evolved. Though sometimes I believe it needs glasses with as often as it misses 'Rock Throw'... How hard is it to throw a rock? Stupid thing.
                      As I was relaxing in Cerulean city. This trainer with the most dopy pokemon I've ever seen wanted to battle. It was pink and had this 'where am I look'. I had no interest in battling something so dopy-looking so I sent out Iwillsaveu. The trainer told her pokemon to use confusion, Iwillsaveu then ran into a bolder... Stupid pokemon why would you run into a bolder. I recalled it and sent out Vulliby. I told Vulliby to use quick attack and the trainer's pokemon couldn't keep up. Vulliby won easily.
                      Apparently the Cerulean gym leader was watching. She said I need to take care of my ratatta. She didn't deserve a response. Apparently that upset her and she demanded I challenge her gym so she can 'put me in my place'. I just ignored her. I like it in Cerulean, there is a whole mountain between me and my mother. I'll stay here for awhile.
                      I'll even keep all my pokemon with me. Well everyone except Iwillsaveu.
                      The Nurse at the pokemon center says there is nothing she can do for it. I took it back and had SoftPillow dig a hole for it. Never really liked it anyway, it's was a rat.

My Team
                      Spoiler:
                      Vulliby(Vulpix) - 23
                      Strawberry(Gloom) - 28
                      SoftPillow(Graveler) - 27
                      Monstar(Nidorino) - 21

Graveyard
                      Spoiler:
                      Iwillsaveu(ratatta) - lv 7. Had to throw it out due to rng confusion proc

I'm actually a bit further than this update write up says.
                      I just beat Erika and I'm now waiting for the contest of the Eevee with James and Eevee.
                      However that works.
                      But that'll prolly be taken care of by the time my post gets approved so....

Edit - Oh no more post approval. yay?
                        #36   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old September 15th, 2018 (4:44 PM).

Well, I tried to send this, but my computer was offline lol. So let's try this again, Enter Part 2
                        Story:
                        Spoiler:
                        Part 2: Days 6-10
                        Day 6. Deaths: 2
                        So, starting out, Route 3 was horrible. There were so many trainers. Thankfully, by the time I made it to the tall grass, KingSize and Sweater had been able to take most of them out. My encounter was a Jigglypuff, who I caught and named Pastry. I managed to get to the Mt. Moon Poke center before it got to dark, and crashed there for the night.
                        Days 7-8. Deaths: 2
                        Mt. Moon's first encounter for me was the one Pokemon it's infamous for, Zubat. I caught him and named him Alucard. Then, I ran into these people who called themselves 'Team Rocket' I was nervous because I knew of the bad reputation they had, but I beat them handily with the help of the newly acquired Alucard. We found something called a Moon Stone, and then a guy in the cave gave us another one and said that they are used to evolve certain Pokemon, and that KingSize, who had evolved into a Nidorino by then, and Pastry were two such Pokemon. After that, we beat a 'Super Nerd' and he gave me a choice between two rocks to take with me. I decided to take the one with a swirly shell on the side, and went on my way. I left the Mountain, and entered Route 4. We accidentally killed our encounter there, which was an Ekans. And then we eventually made it to Cerulean City, where we stayed the night.
                        Day 9. Deaths: 2, Killed Encounters: 1
                        After being turned away by the attendant who said it was Misty's day off, I decided to go to the Cape. On the bridge to get to Route 24, I met Z again and beat him easily with Sweater, who evolved into a Fearow after the battle. After that, I beat the Nugget Bridge Challenge, got a Nugget for my troubles, and then beat the Team Rocket member who gave it to me. After that I got and caught my encounter, which was an Abra I named Houdini. I accidentally killed my Route 25 encounter, which was an Oddish, then beat the jungle of trainers on Route 25. The Cape had a beautiful view, and a cottage. Inside, I met a talking Clefairy that was looking for a Moon Stone so that he could evolve. I gave him one of mine, and after he evolved, he gave me a Ticket to the Cruise liner "S.S.Anne." I made my way back to Cerulean, and slept in the Pokemon Center.
                        Day 10. Deaths: 2, Killed Encounters: 2
                        Before we left to go to the gym, I used the Moon Stone on KingSize to evolve him into a Nidoking, and also taught him Mega Punch. But when we got to the gym, I realized that preparation was all in vain, because Misty was a Water type gym leader. So I lead with Alucard, and beat her Staryu easily using a combo of Confuse Ray and Leech Life. Then, she sent out her Starmie, so I switched into my other Flying type, Sweater. One, two, and three Pecks later, and her Starmie was down. I won with no deaths! She awarded me with the Cascade Badge and TM11 BubbleBeam.

The Team:
                        Spoiler:
                        KingSize, the lvl 22 Nidoking
                        - Horn Attack
                        - Mega Punch
                        - Poison Sting
                        - Tackle
                        Sweater, the lvl 23 Fearow
                        - Peck
                        - Leer
                        - Growl
                        - Fury Attack
                        Pastry, the lvl 22 Jigglypuff
                        - Pound
                        - Water Gun
                        - Thunder Wave
                        - Sing
                        Alucard, the lvl 22 Golbat(evolved after the gym battle)
                        - Bite
                        - Leech Life
                        - Supersonic
                        - Confuse Ray
                        Houdini, the lvl 14 Abra(still in training)
                        - Teleport

Graveyard:
                        Spoiler:
                        Needler the Kakuna
                        Rayt the Rattata

Also, I rescind my claim on the Celadon City Eevee, so Crystal can continue her journey, and claim the Silph Co. Lapras instead.
                        That's all for now, see ya later

#37   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old September 15th, 2018 (6:11 PM).
                        Always changing.

My mans James making it through Misty with no deaths, I see you. <3
                            #38   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old September 15th, 2018 (7:13 PM). Edited September 15th, 2018 by Brewmaster.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by James and Eevee View Post
                            Well, I tried to send this, but my computer was offline lol. So let's try this again, Enter Part 2
                            Story:
                            Spoiler:
                            Part 2: Days 6-10
                            Day 6. Deaths: 2
                            So, starting out, Route 3 was horrible. There were so many trainers. Thankfully, by the time I made it to the tall grass, KingSize and Sweater had been able to take most of them out. My encounter was a Jigglypuff, who I caught and named Pastry. I managed to get to the Mt. Moon Poke center before it got to dark, and crashed there for the night.
                            Days 7-8. Deaths: 2
                            Mt. Moon's first encounter for me was the one Pokemon it's infamous for, Zubat. I caught him and named him Alucard. Then, I ran into these people who called themselves 'Team Rocket' I was nervous because I knew of the bad reputation they had, but I beat them handily with the help of the newly acquired Alucard. We found something called a Moon Stone, and then a guy in the cave gave us another one and said that they are used to evolve certain Pokemon, and that KingSize, who had evolved into a Nidorino by then, and Pastry were two such Pokemon. After that, we beat a 'Super Nerd' and he gave me a choice between two rocks to take with me. I decided to take the one with a swirly shell on the side, and went on my way. I left the Mountain, and entered Route 4. We accidentally killed our encounter there, which was an Ekans. And then we eventually made it to Cerulean City, where we stayed the night.
                            Day 9. Deaths: 2, Killed Encounters: 1
                            After being turned away by the attendant who said it was Misty's day off, I decided to go to the Cape. On the bridge to get to Route 24, I met Z again and beat him easily with Sweater, who evolved into a Fearow after the battle. After that, I beat the Nugget Bridge Challenge, got a Nugget for my troubles, and then beat the Team Rocket member who gave it to me. After that I got and caught my encounter, which was an Abra I named Houdini. I accidentally killed my Route 25 encounter, which was an Oddish, then beat the jungle of trainers on Route 25. The Cape had a beautiful view, and a cottage. Inside, I met a talking Clefairy that was looking for a Moon Stone so that he could evolve. I gave him one of mine, and after he evolved, he gave me a Ticket to the Cruise liner "S.S.Anne." I made my way back to Cerulean, and slept in the Pokemon Center.
                            Day 10. Deaths: 2, Killed Encounters: 2
                            Before we left to go to the gym, I used the Moon Stone on KingSize to evolve him into a Nidoking, and also taught him Mega Punch. But when we got to the gym, I realized that preparation was all in vain, because Misty was a Water type gym leader. So I lead with Alucard, and beat her Staryu easily using a combo of Confuse Ray and Leech Life. Then, she sent out her Starmie, so I switched into my other Flying type, Sweater. One, two, and three Pecks later, and her Starmie was down. I won with no deaths! She awarded me with the Cascade Badge and TM11 BubbleBeam.

The Team:
                            Spoiler:
                            KingSize, the lvl 22 Nidoking
                            - Horn Attack
                            - Mega Punch
                            - Poison Sting
                            - Tackle
                            Sweater, the lvl 23 Fearow
                            - Peck
                            - Leer
                            - Growl
                            - Fury Attack
                            Pastry, the lvl 22 Jigglypuff
                            - Pound
                            - Water Gun
                            - Thunder Wave
                            - Sing
                            Alucard, the lvl 22 Golbat(evolved after the gym battle)
                            - Bite
                            - Leech Life
                            - Supersonic
                            - Confuse Ray
                            Houdini, the lvl 14 Abra(still in training)
                            - Teleport

Graveyard:
                            Spoiler:
                            Needler the Kakuna
                            Rayt the Rattata

Also, I rescind my claim on the Celadon City Eevee, so Crystal can continue her journey, and claim the Silph Co. Lapras instead.
                            That's all for now, see ya later
                            Wow, that's very nice of you.
                            I'm not used to nice people online.
                            I won't claim Eevee in future versions to allow others to play with the mon.
                              #39   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old September 15th, 2018 (7:20 PM).

I'm expecting Lt. Surge to be similar, because Nidoking XD

#40   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old September 15th, 2018 (7:39 PM).
                              Always changing.

Aww, I was looking forward to that battle, lmao.
                                Claims have been updated.
                                  #41   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old September 15th, 2018 (10:27 PM). Edited September 16th, 2018 by Ethmya.
                                Always changing.

Since all active players have made an update post, I am no longer accepting joins for RB, check in later after we finish for another chance to join up for future games!
                                    #42   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old September 16th, 2018 (12:20 PM).
                                  Always changing.

Tfw you forgot that Gyarados gets Hydro Pump so you put Surf on him and can't delete it.
                                    rip
                                      #43   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old September 16th, 2018 (2:35 PM). Edited September 17th, 2018 by Ethmya.
                                    Always changing.

The Second Update:
                                      Spoiler:
                                      Alright, so after hopping off the SS Anne I went and picked up Levi-II, who was level 15. He, obviously, knew Tackle, but Magikarp is so weak that I decided that he still should be switch trained. Off to Diglett Cave!

After getting to Diglett Cave I had Anartia switch train Leviathan to level 20 before picking up the Old Amber in Pewter, just in case I got desperate.

I realized I had no one who knew Cut in order to get into Surge's gym, so I poked around until I found a Sandshrew.

Note: This Sandshrew is not part of the team as I already encountered someone on his route. He was immediately fainted as to render him useless in battle and is only used to Cut trees.

After getting Sandshrew I made a mockery of Lt. Surge's gym, mostly due to Seism having an Electric immunity.

After going back to the PKMN Centre, I left and started on my way to Rock Tunnel. I avoided the Route 10 encounter so I could come back and fish for Slowpoke later.

I healed up and went into Rock Tunnel, blind. I decided that if I stuck to the walls, I would eventually find my way out, and after a few failed attempts, I finally did. While in Rock Tunnel Levi-II decided now would be a good time to evolve, and I had a Gyarados on my hands.

Emerging in Lavender Town, I skipped the trainers outside of Rock Tunnel and immediately went to heal as the team was hurting. After healing, I went back and defeated them. I spent a few minutes planning exactly what my next few moves were, in order to make the most out of my TMs and upcoming encounters, since as soon as I got to Celadon, the whole game opens up.

I picked up Swift from the mourning trainer, although I was sure I wouldn't need it, went back to Lavender Town and then west to the next route, hoping for a Sandshrew to replace this HM slave with, although I got a Ratatta instead, which I passed on.

Interesting ramifications regarding dragging around this Sandshrew include:
                                      • I am, in essence, carrying the corpse of a Sandshrew around in order to proceed.
                                      • I can't box and release the Shrew since I have no encounters and I need Cut to proceed.
                                      • I can't capture a sixth PKMN until I replace Sandshrew as that would mean I would have to box him when I caught him. If I boxed the Sandshrew instead, next time I needed Cut, I would have to kill a Pokémon in order to switch Sandshrew in, as I can't box living mons.
                                      In essence, I'm stuck with this Sandshrew until I can replace it with a first encounter mon that knows cut. Spoiler alert: never happens.

Anyway, I finished off all the trainers here with Leviathan, and he hit level 30.

After making it to Celadon, my route changed significantly from the standard route, as I wanted to get my current team 100% kitted with good moves. I sprinted to the Celadon Dept store and ran up to the roof, and obtained Rock Slide and Ice Beam from the thirsty girl. I got another drink and gave it to the guards so I could get Psychic for Anartia.

After obtaining Psychic I used 3 Rare Candies to get Seism to 36 so he could learn EQ. With his set being EQ, RS, BSLAM, and Defense Curl, it was looking pretty good. After thinking about his fourth slot, I decided to put Strength on him, only because he needed a fourth move and I didn't wanna grind the Celadon Game Corner for Sub, nor was I putting a boom move on him. In order to do this as quickly as possible, I bought a Poke Doll from the Celadon Dept Store and made my way back to Lavender Town.

Upon entering the Lavender Tower, Blue jumped me, of course. He was probably mourning his Raticate who Anartia mind crushed on the SS Anne, lmao.

I popped a Super Repel so I wouldnt get any encounters in case I wanted Gastly later, which I doubted, but it was just to be safe.

I made my way through the Lavender Tower and saved Mr. Fuji. After getting the Poke Flute I went west of Celadon and awakened the Snorlax, which I actually caught. I named him Melursus, after the real life SLOTH BEAR. I went through Cycling Road to Fuschia, and into the Safari Zone.

I wasn't 100% sure how the Safari Zone worked, but I knew I could get Slowpoke from here so I tread carefully. I don't remember if I popped a Super Repel (and dont feel like rummaging through my footage to find out) but I do remember I didn't get any encounters, which wouldn't have mattered anyway, as I got Slowpoke somewhere else anyway. I got the Gold Teeth and Surf while I was there and let the step timer run out so I could give the Warden his Gold Teeth and get Strength.

I got Strength from the Warden, and then realised something, Gyarados gets Strength.

I decided to give Leviathan Strength, as his atk value was higher than Seism's and neither of them get STAB.

I then sold everything I didn't need and bought coins because I guess I have to run Sub now on Golem.

A century later I emerged with Sub and Hbeam for Levi. I also put Tbolt and Surf on Levi so he can get some coverage moves. I then put IB on Mello since I decided he would run a special set. At this point, my team had a really good movepool, consisting of:

Anartia (Butterfree) (Perfect set)
                                      Level: 34
                                      - Psychic
                                      - Supersonic
                                      - Sleep Powder
                                      - Stun Spore

Levi-II (Gyarados) (Good set, not sure what I would have put on him if not Strength tho)
                                      Level: 31
                                      - Surf
                                      - Thunderbolt
                                      - Hyper Beam
                                      - Strength

Seism (Golem) (Perfect set, would use a boom move over Sub in comp though)
                                      Level: 40
                                      - Earthquake
                                      - Rock Slide
                                      - Body Slam
                                      - Substitute

Snorlax (Really good set.)
                                      Level: 30
                                      - Amnesia
                                      - Ice Beam
                                      - Surf
                                      - Rest

So now that the move pool was all filled up and my mons were swimming in it, I decided to forward the story.

I literally walked through the Rocket Hideout and sneezed on Gio and he gave up.

I decided to grab Leviathan some more EXP and had him solo the Fighting Dojo, which he did very easily.

I cleared out the trainers on both sides of Fuchsia with minimal problems except that psyducking metronome Clefairy that got mega lucky with Metronome Hypnosis to crit Metronome Dream Eater twice and Metronome Super Fang'd the switch that literally almost wiped my team before grabbing the Super Rod.

I was like "okay I have 3, maybe 4 places that I can get Slowpoke", so I went on and tried them. I went to Celadon and tried to fish there, didn't get him.

I then went to Route 10 and encountered him, but there was a problem, I only had 1 Poke Ball, so I had to ensure that I would catch him here. I confused him with Anartia, and he damaged himself down to about 50%, and then I slept him, threw my Pokeball, and psyducking prayed.

It was the longest 3 wobbles of my life.

*click*

Okay cool I caught him. I named him Broking and immediately taught him Surf and Thunder Wave. When he gets Amnesia, there will be very little in game that will be able to stop him, short of blowing up.

With Slowpoke firmly within my grasp and everything else I needed to do, done, I went to challenge Koga. I felt kind of under leveled, and the gym was a bit of a struggle, but I got through it.
                                      Koga is an asshole though. I have 5 mons healthy and Seism in, and you blow up on him. "If I can't win, I'll take one of your mons down with me!" What a chump.

With half the game done, I decided this would be a good place to stop. Until next time!

The Team:
                                      Spoiler:

Anartia the Butterfree. Level 39.

Seism the Graveller. Level 43.

Levi-II (Leviathan the Second) the Gyarados. Level 43.

Melursus the Snorlax. Level 35.

Broking the Slowpoke. Level 17.
                                      Anartia has fallen behind, for the time being, although I doubt she'll stay there for long.

The Graveyard:
                                      Spoiler:
                                      Leviathan the Magikarp. Level 10.
                                      Scalopus the Diglett. Level 23.

The Plan:
                                      Spoiler:
                                      1) Get Broking to Slowbro.
                                      2) Get Broking Amnesia.
                                      3) Get the whole team to ~level 55
                                      4) Kill the E4, gg no re

I am not claiming any more mons, at least not until the post game.
                                      One last thing, I doubt any of you have finished the E4, but when you do, please stop or take screenshots/pictures of your team's stat cards after you do, I will need them if you decide to inherit any Pokemon.
                                        #44   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old September 16th, 2018 (3:11 PM).
                                      James and Eevee James and Eevee is offline

Uh, so I have a very weird problem. I have a full team of six, just finished the S.S.Anne(spoilers XD) and a big fat whopping 0 of my mons can learn Cut. So...I have no idea what to do. Pls help

#45   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old September 16th, 2018 (3:15 PM).
                                        Always changing.

You have to release one, rip.
                                          If you want to game the system, you could leave one in the day care center, but thats more of a bandaid solution than a real one.
                                            #46   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old September 16th, 2018 (3:19 PM).

Nature: Gentle
                                            Also just so people rate aware I want to claim one of the two Snorlax for my team

VPP: yet to hatch. Raise one for yourself at VPP
                                              #47   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old September 16th, 2018 (3:20 PM).
                                            Always changing.

Eastern Snorlax is claimed by Rachel.
                                                #48   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                              Old September 16th, 2018 (3:24 PM).
                                              James and Eevee James and Eevee is offline

Guess we're gonna have another 'Death' then RIP. And I thought there wouldn't be any this leg.

#49   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                Old September 17th, 2018 (7:29 AM).

Nature: Gentle
                                                  UPDATE Two

Spoiler:

Managed to beat Misty with a little bit of difficulty almost wiping to her Starmie. As I headed to Vermilion City Maleficent evolved into Fearow meaning that almost all of my current team is in their final evolution stage. Before going onto the SS Anne I decided to clear out Route 11 of the trainers there to get some more experience. Managed to beat Cameron in the SS Anne with ease using Maleficent, Jay and Florian. Like Ethmya I needed to collect a Shandshrew corpse for Cut to get into Surge's gym. And to put it shortly, I one shot all three of his pokemon with Dig from Jay who then evolved into Graveler. To me, this is now a good place to stop.

TEAM
                                                  Spoiler:

Jay
                                                  Level: 25
                                                  Moveset: Tackle, Dig, Mega Punch, Rock Throw

Evie
                                                  Level: 23
                                                  Moveset: Water Gun, Body Slam, Scratch, Poison Sting

Florian
                                                  Moveset: Teleport, Thunder Wave, Confusion, Disable

Maleficent
                                                  Moveset: Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack

I am now waiting for my last two team mates who I am aiming to be Slowbro and Snorlax

VPP: yet to hatch. Raise one for yourself at VPP
                                                    #50   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                  Old September 17th, 2018 (8:00 AM).
                                                  Always changing.

Disturb not the Harmony is now considered inactive as they haven’t been online at all in 7 days.

Quick Reply