Deep Discussion Have a seat at Deep Discussion for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

Ad Content
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:20 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Palamon.
Palamon's Avatar
Palamon Palamon is offline
Radiant Dragon Fang!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Milaturia.
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 4,286
https://www.vpr.org/post/hes-2020-bernie-sanders-running-president-again


Surely, this is a good thing, that Bernie is running for president again. His campaign promises seem like something I'd personally vote for. We'll see what happens, I'm sure there are plenty of people who are for this, as well as against.

He's already gotten $1 million raised too: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-sanders-2020-campaign-raises-more-than-1-million-in-less-than-4-hours/ so there's that.
__________________
Theme: Flynn Scifo
Pair: Jonghyun
Reply With Quote
  #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:53 AM).
Maedar's Avatar
Maedar Maedar is offline
Slifer Stacker
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Ahem, New York City
Gender: Male
Posts: 139
I wholeheartedly agree, but don't call me "Shirley".

😀
__________________
There are three certainties in life, death, taxes, and that someone will eventually tell you the thing about death and taxes.
Reply With Quote
  #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (2:58 PM).
EnglishALT EnglishALT is online now
     
    Join Date: Nov 2018
    Location: Japan
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 135
    It’s going to be interesting to see how he does, he has the whole “next man up” thing going for him that helped Hillary, Romney, and McCain in the primaries but hurt them in the general. He also does not have the whole anti Hillary vote to rally around him like in 2016. With his blue collar roots he is a more formidable candidate against Trump and I do think he would have done better than Clinton did in the general, maybe even winning Pennsylvania or Michigan. However he does seem to have some weakness in debating, a rather large and I would say lethal misstep on his part was the famous “sick and tired of hearing about your damn emails.” giving Clinton cover for what ended up being a rather lethal weak point.
    Reply With Quote
      #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:15 PM).
    VisionofMilotic's Avatar
    VisionofMilotic VisionofMilotic is offline
    Lover of Dragons
     
    Join Date: May 2016
    Location: Sootopolis City
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Gentle
    Posts: 2,478
    I still like Bernie's platform, and judging by how much money he raised in a couple of hours, it would seem I am not alone, or I daresay we are not alone. I still believe in healthcare for all as a human right, and think he is one of the few well-known politicians in our countrt who is actually sincere about this position. Environmental protections are deeply important to me as well, now more than ever in light of recent reports by the IPCC. I am pleased to learn that Senator Sanders will be offering his own version if the Green New Deal, and look forward to reading more details about that.

    If you support Bernie, or anyone else as the democratic nominee for 2020 who is not part of the establishment, be it Marianne Williamson, Tulsi Gabbard, Andrew Yang or somebody else, just make sure to keep your eye on the DNC so they don't try to rig the primary again like they did in 2016.

    It will be interesting watching the new dynamics of the playing field. Previously, it was essentially a fight between one honest man, Bernie, and the entire democratic establishment united behind Hillary. Now it is not the stark choice it was in 2016 with corporate interests concentrated 110% on Hillary. We may be able to divide and conquer because you have a bunch that represent the same neo-liberal agenda as the Clintons, Kirsten Gillibrand, Kamala Harris, Joe Biden will also probably run. The vote is split into many pieces and Bernie could potentially win with merely 20% if there is no funny business, not unlike the crowded field of candidates played into Trump's hands for the GOP bid. Bernie is still a well-liked politician and has more name recognition now than ever.
    __________________
    I got Haxorus on "What Dragon-Type Pokemon are you?" https://quotev.com/quiz/5077163



    Name: Narcissus
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

    Reply With Quote
      #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:28 PM).
    colours's Avatar
    colours colours is offline
    wandererjustlikeme 🌟
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: in an eternal dream
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 3,381
    relevant:

    https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1097891053355614209

    If Bernie hopes to make any headway at all, he needs to make up ground with the groups that he lost in 2016. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. With such a congested democratic field, and the fact that Hillary's name isn't on the ballot this year, he's going to have to fight tooth and nail to give voters a reason why they should back him again. Those are not numbers to take lightly and he has quite a ways to go.

    The first debate will set the stage on whether or not Bernie has any sort of realistic shot of getting the nomination.
    Reply With Quote
      #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:36 PM).
    EnglishALT EnglishALT is online now
       
      Join Date: Nov 2018
      Location: Japan
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 135
      Important to remember that California will have an earlier primary than usual next year. This may not effect Bernie too much ( as we saw in 2016 he will stay in for the long haul), however it will weed out the field considerably and gives Kamala Harris a sizeable early lead.

      I would predict that Bernie’s weaknesses in the primary will be the minority vote, which has gained an even larger prominence in Democratic politics after Trump’s win of white voters in 2016, and gun control. Clinton hammered him pretty well on gun control in 2016, and I can see the field attacking him on it as his biggest weakness.

      For the general if he makes it that far, socialism vs the current economy could be a major weakness. Unless the economy slows down, Trump has presided against a rather robust economy, while Venezuela, which for the past 10 or 15 years has been the poster child for socialism is desolving into a civil war. The RNC would love to paint Sanders as someone who would take a powerful economy and turn it into the next Venezuela.
      Reply With Quote
        #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:22 AM).
      Nah's Avatar
      Nah Nah is offline
       
      Join Date: Nov 2013
      Age: 26
      Gender: Female
      Posts: 13,155
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by EnglishALT View Post
      Important to remember that California will have an earlier primary than usual next year.
      Is there a reason for this?

      Quote:
      Trump has presided against a rather robust economy,
      citation needed
      __________________
      Nah ンン
      “No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."
      Reply With Quote
        #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:36 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by EnglishALT.
      EnglishALT EnglishALT is online now
         
        Join Date: Nov 2018
        Location: Japan
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 135
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Nah View Post
        Is there a reason for this?
        California wanted more sway in the primary field they went from July to the beginning of March.


        Quote:
        citation needed
        4.9% to 5% unemployment in 2016 to 3.7% to 4% in 2018 and 2019

        https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/lns14000000

        0.4% economic growth in Jan 2016 to 4.2% and 3.4% by Jul 2018

        https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth

        Consumer Confidence growth rose to a level not seen since before the .com bubble burst.

        http://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/u-s-consumer-confidence-surged-in-october-to-18-year-high-1540909611

        American confidence in their own finances is two percentage points away from an all time high last recorded during the Clinton era.

        https://news.gallup.com/poll/246602/americans-confidence-finances-keeps-growing.aspx
        Reply With Quote
          #9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:53 AM).
        Nah's Avatar
        Nah Nah is offline
         
        Join Date: Nov 2013
        Age: 26
        Gender: Female
        Posts: 13,155
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by EnglishALT View Post
        California wanted more sway in the primary field they went from July to the beginning of March.
        tbh I'd rather that we hold the primaries all at roughly the same time instead of this old spread out way we currently have, so that no state or states can have more sway over the primaries than the others
        __________________
        Nah ンン
        “No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."
        Reply With Quote
          #10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 3 Weeks Ago (4:53 AM).
        Tsutarja's Avatar
        Tsutarja Tsutarja is online now
         
        Join Date: Mar 2010
        Location: Tampa, Florida
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 23,902
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Nah View Post
        tbh I'd rather that we hold the primaries all at roughly the same time instead of this old spread out way we currently have, so that no state or states can have more sway over the primaries than the others
        This, tbh

        Also, maybe they should consolidate the primaries on presidential election years as well, just so that we don't have to go to the polls more than twice in a year. On presidential election years in Florida, we have primaries in March for the president (and US senator if there's a race for that) going on, then our state primaries in August, which include statewide races in addition to US congressional candidate narrowing. Is there really a reason why they can't have the presidential primary later, and then the state primary on the same ballot?

        Sure that may cause some more backups at polling locations, but it will at least be one less election to have to worry about.
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #11   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:28 AM).
        EnglishALT EnglishALT is online now
           
          Join Date: Nov 2018
          Location: Japan
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 135
          It's been less than what 48? 72 hours? Already Senator Sanders has touched off his first controversy in regards to Venezuela.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Politico
          Sanders did not embrace Maduro in his Tuesday interview with Univision’s Jorge Ramos, who quickly touched on Guaidó being declared the interim president of Venezuela by the nation’s National Assembly following Maduro’s questionable election.

          But when he was asked whether he recognized Guaidó as the legitimate leader of the country, Sanders answered, “No.”

          "There are serious questions about the recent election. There are many people who feel it was a fraudulent election," Sanders added.

          In a follow-up question, Ramos asked Sanders if he thought Maduro is a dictator who should step down. Sanders refused to say yes or no.

          "I think clearly he has been very, very abusive,” Sanders replied. “That is a decision of the Venezuelan people, so I think, Jorge, there's got to be a free and fair election. But what must not happen is that the United States must not use military force and intervene again as it has done in the past in Latin America, as you recall, whether it was Chile or Brazil or the Dominican Republic or Guatemala.”

          Sanders also said that he believes “the United States has got to work with the international community to make sure that there is a free and fair election in Venezuela.”

          That comment puzzled Shalala. “I do agree the international comm needs to come together and the U.S. needs to work with the international community," she said. "But that’s been happening.”
          https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/21/bernie-sanders-venezuela-maduro-1179636

          Considering that Maduro's troops killed two people this morning and sent over a dozen to the hospital, maybe it would be best for him to go on and condemn Maduro and say he must step down.
          Reply With Quote
            #12   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 3 Weeks Ago (6:47 AM).
          Maedar's Avatar
          Maedar Maedar is offline
          Slifer Stacker
           
          Join Date: Dec 2017
          Location: Ahem, New York City
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 139
          Quote:
          Considering that Maduro's troops killed two people this morning and sent over a dozen to the hospital, maybe it would be best for him to go on and condemn Maduro and say he must step down.
          Interesting. Of course, those same atrocities happen in Russia and North Korea on a regular basis, yet Trump's failure to condemn Putin and Kim have yet to produce any calls for resignation from his base.

          Why exactly does Venezuelan concern Sanders at all? Seriously? At least he is willing to refer to Maduro as "very, very abusive" and express his doubts about the fairness of the election, something Trump turns a blind eye to in regards to dictators he supports, or even in this country.

          Why is Venezuela so special, so singled out? I'll tell you why, and it's the same reason Trump's base condemns Ms. Ocasio-Cortez, because of the newest "dirty word" in American politics: Socialism.

          Trump's supporters (I refuse to even call them "Republicans" now) believe Socialism is "Communism Lite" which it isn't, and are doing their best to spread a new "Red Scare", using Venezuela as a base. IMOHO, Venezuela is a socialist nation in name only, and has become a despotism.

          What's the solution then, LDS? Invade Venezuela? Support the opposition army? Didn't the President promise to "stop getting us into stupid wars" and pledge "America first"? An attitude like this, combined with the original Red Scare, got us involved in Korea and Vietnam, the stupidest wars of all, and are the exact reason "Tricky Dick" Nixon and Lyndon B. "Hey, Hey, LBJ, How Many Kids Did You Kill Today" Johnson were reviled.

          People have to stop believing there's some "socialist plot" and do research on what Socialism truly is.

          After all, Mark Twain was a socialist and proud to call himself such. Can't get more American than he was.
          __________________
          There are three certainties in life, death, taxes, and that someone will eventually tell you the thing about death and taxes.
          Reply With Quote
            #13   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:05 AM).
          Nah's Avatar
          Nah Nah is offline
           
          Join Date: Nov 2013
          Age: 26
          Gender: Female
          Posts: 13,155
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
          Why exactly does Venezuelan concern Sanders at all? Seriously?

          ....

          Why is Venezuela so special, so singled out?
          If I had to hazard a guess, it'd be because the crisis in Venezuela is one of the big things in the news right now. Russia and North Korea are old news with nothing dramatic happening from them lately, so people's attention is elsewhere. People also probably want him to take a side on the matter (and more specifically, the side they support), and while his statements certainly don't imply that he's pro-Maduro, it doesn't sound like he's on a side, or at least not to the degree that some people would like.

          but again, little more than a guess on my part
          __________________
          Nah ンン
          “No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."
          Reply With Quote
            #14   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:11 AM).
          Maedar's Avatar
          Maedar Maedar is offline
          Slifer Stacker
           
          Join Date: Dec 2017
          Location: Ahem, New York City
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 139
          The fact that is is "old news" does not excuse mass murder.

          IMOHO, Kay, the quotes that LDS man provided seem to show that Bernie's only "fault" is his unwillingness to use force against Maduro. The quotes made seem to condemn Maduro's regime quite a bit. What did anyone expect, that he'd say "Maduro is a madman who has to be ousted in a preemptive strike"? Trump and his supporters don't seem to realize that "paying evil unto evil" is an extreme measure that should always be the last option, never the first.
          __________________
          There are three certainties in life, death, taxes, and that someone will eventually tell you the thing about death and taxes.
          Reply With Quote
            #15   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:13 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by EnglishALT.
          EnglishALT EnglishALT is online now
             
            Join Date: Nov 2018
            Location: Japan
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 135
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
            Interesting. Of course, those same atrocities happen in Russia and North Korea on a regular basis, yet Trump's failure to condemn Putin and Kim have yet to produce any calls for resignation from his base.

            Why exactly does Venezuelan concern Sanders at all? Seriously? At least he is willing to refer to Maduro as "very, very abusive" and express his doubts about the fairness of the election, something Trump turns a blind eye to in regards to dictators he supports, or even in this country.

            Why is Venezuela so special, so singled out? I'll tell you why, and it's the same reason Trump's base condemns Ms. Ocasio-Cortez, because of the newest "dirty word" in American politics: Socialism.

            Trump's supporters (I refuse to even call them "Republicans" now) believe Socialism is "Communism Lite" which it isn't, and are doing their best to spread a new "Red Scare", using Venezuela as a base. IMOHO, Venezuela is a socialist nation in name only, and has become a despotism.

            What's the solution then, LDS? Invade Venezuela? Support the opposition army? Didn't the President promise to "stop getting us into stupid wars" and pledge "America first"? An attitude like this, combined with the original Red Scare, got us involved in Korea and Vietnam, the stupidest wars of all, and are the exact reason "Tricky Dick" Nixon and Lyndon B. "Hey, Hey, LBJ, How Many Kids Did You Kill Today" Johnson were reviled.

            People have to stop believing there's some "socialist plot" and do research on what Socialism truly is.

            After all, Mark Twain was a socialist and proud to call himself such. Can't get more American than he was.
            Venezuela right now is a flash point because of all the media able to document the humanitarian crisis going on. North Korea being a hermit country does not really allow cameras in to document the suffering of its people.

            Honestly I agree with you we do not need to get into Venezuela militarily, and Trump has done a pretty good job in using diplomacy both secretly ( Taliban ) and overtly ( Syria ) .

            That being said right now the best thing to do is use aid shipments to help the people, as Maduro is using food and aid as weapons to keep the people in line.

            By the way, it is because of socialism that Venezuela is in the situation it is in right now, it was Chavez's socialist policies to nationalize the oil companies and practically destroy them. Venezuela is a failure in socialist policy.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
            The fact that is is "old news" does not excuse mass murder.

            IMOHO, Kay, the quotes that LDS man provided seem to show that Bernie's only "fault" is his unwillingness to use force against Maduro. The quotes made seem to condemn Maduro's regime quite a bit. What did anyone expect, that he'd say "Maduro is a madman who has to be ousted in a preemptive strike"? Trump and his supporters don't seem to realize that "paying evil unto evil" is an extreme measure that should always be the last option, never the first.
            If Sanders wishes to be President he is going to have to decide which Venezuelan President to recognize as the legitimate leader, if he believes Maduro is the leader he needs to come out and say it.
            Reply With Quote
              #16   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:29 AM).
            Maedar's Avatar
            Maedar Maedar is offline
            Slifer Stacker
             
            Join Date: Dec 2017
            Location: Ahem, New York City
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 139
            ALT, I quote from the interview LDSman provided:

            Quote:
            But when he was asked whether he recognized Guaidó as the legitimate leader of the country, Sanders answered, “No.”
            Seems he answered your question.

            The reason Venezuela is a "failure" of a socialist country is because nobody ever intended it to be. Maduro calls it a "socialist" party because he's lying.

            Just like the Lenin was lying when he named his Communist nation the "Union of Soviet Socialist Republics". (Not a Socialist country, not a Union."

            Just like how the formal name for the ruling party of Germany was the "National Socialist German Workers' Party", despite being an extremist fascist group. Nazis were liars. Just like North Korea's full name is the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (not a democracy, not ruled by the people, not a republic, and only covers half of Korea). Blatant lies.

            South Africa under Mandela was a true socialist country, as was Israel under Golda Meir. People have educate themselves on what true socialism is. Socialism is a political and economic theory of social organization which advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.

            The reason Trump and his cronies condemn it is because it is the antithesis of plutocracy, and if adapted properly, would mean people like him having to share something he despises.

            After all, Capitalism is barely any better.
            __________________
            There are three certainties in life, death, taxes, and that someone will eventually tell you the thing about death and taxes.
            Reply With Quote
              #17   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:34 AM).
            EnglishALT EnglishALT is online now
               
              Join Date: Nov 2018
              Location: Japan
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 135
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
              ALT, I quote from the interview LDSman provided:



              Seems he answered your question.
              Not entirely, as the next question shows he is not willing to say Maduro should step down.

              "Ramos asked Sanders if he thought Maduro is a dictator who should step down. Sanders refused to say yes or no."

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
              The reason Venezuela is a "failure" of a socialist country is because nobody ever intended it to be. Maduro calls it a "socialist" party because he's lying.

              Just like the Lenin was lying when he named his Communist nation the "Union of Soviet Socialist Republics". (Not a Socialist country, not a Union."

              Just like how the formal name for the ruling party of Germany was the "National Socialist German Workers' Party", despite being an extremist fascist group. Nazis were liars. Just like North Korea's full name is the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (not a democracy, not ruled by the people, not a republic, and only covers half of Korea). Blatant lies.

              South Africa under Mandela was a true socialist country, as was Israel under Golda Meir. People have educate themselves on what true socialism is. Socialism is a political and economic theory of social organization which advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.

              The reason Trump and his cronies condemn it is because it is the antithesis of plutocracy, and if adapted properly, would mean people like him having to share something he despises.

              After all, Capitalism is barely any better.
              Chavez set out to turn Venezuela into a socialist economy, he did this terribly through forced nationalization of dozens of industries, heavy social programs that bankrupted the economy, and price fixing which destroyed the value of the money.

              You can say it is not socialism, however Chavez's policies and Chavez's own words disagree with you.
              Reply With Quote
                #18   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:39 AM).
              Nah's Avatar
              Nah Nah is offline
               
              Join Date: Nov 2013
              Age: 26
              Gender: Female
              Posts: 13,155
              Discussing socialism would be better suited for a separate thread, just saying.
              __________________
              Nah ンン
              “No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."
              Reply With Quote
                #19   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:40 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Maedar.
              Maedar's Avatar
              Maedar Maedar is offline
              Slifer Stacker
               
              Join Date: Dec 2017
              Location: Ahem, New York City
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 139
              Quote:
              Chavez set out to turn Venezuela into a socialist economy, he did this terribly through forced nationalization of dozens of industries, heavy social programs that bankrupted the economy, and price fixing which destroyed the value of the money.
              Which is why I say he was lying.


              Quote:
              You can say it is not socialism, however Chavez's policies and Chavez's own words disagree with you.
              So, you believe the words of a dictator who murders his opposition? IMOHO, relying on a murderer's honesty is laughable.
              __________________
              There are three certainties in life, death, taxes, and that someone will eventually tell you the thing about death and taxes.
              Reply With Quote
                #20   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:44 AM).
              EnglishALT EnglishALT is online now
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2018
                Location: Japan
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 135
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nah View Post
                Discussing socialism would be better suited for a separate thread, just saying.
                Of course, I'll move any further discussion to this thread, if Maedar or any one else wishes to join.

                https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=418366
                Reply With Quote
                  #21   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:56 AM).
                Maedar's Avatar
                Maedar Maedar is offline
                Slifer Stacker
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2017
                Location: Ahem, New York City
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 139
                Okay then, back to the topic at hand:

                Quote:
                Not entirely, as the next question shows he is not willing to say Maduro should step down.
                If he were to say "yes" on that one, what do you propose be done then? What would the solution be? Because I doubt Bernie's opinion - or anyone's - will convince Maduro to willingly step down.
                __________________
                There are three certainties in life, death, taxes, and that someone will eventually tell you the thing about death and taxes.
                Reply With Quote
                  #22   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:04 AM).
                EnglishALT EnglishALT is online now
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2018
                  Location: Japan
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 135
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
                  Okay then, back to the topic at hand:



                  If he were to say "yes" on that one, what do you propose be done then? What would the solution be? Because I doubt Bernie's opinion - or anyone's - will convince Maduro to willingly step down.
                  Right now Senator Sander's opponents Senator Warren and Senator Gillibrand both have the right idea, both have advocated the of use diplomatic pressure but avoid using military action.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #23   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:11 AM).
                  Maedar's Avatar
                  Maedar Maedar is offline
                  Slifer Stacker
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2017
                  Location: Ahem, New York City
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 139
                  Quote:
                  Right now Senator Sander's opponents Senator Warren and Senator Gillibrand both have the right idea, both have advocated the of use diplomatic pressure but avoid using military action.
                  Oh, I agree. And I would vote for both over Bernie.
                  __________________
                  There are three certainties in life, death, taxes, and that someone will eventually tell you the thing about death and taxes.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #24   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:59 AM).
                  KetsuekiR's Avatar
                  KetsuekiR KetsuekiR is offline
                  Ridiculously unsure
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2014
                  Location: Somewhere you couldn't possibly know.
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 2,490
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
                  Okay then, back to the topic at hand:



                  If he were to say "yes" on that one, what do you propose be done then? What would the solution be? Because I doubt Bernie's opinion - or anyone's - will convince Maduro to willingly step down.
                  I don't understand what your point is. He's running for President. His view on what is pretty much the biggest political crisis in the world right now is going to be a very important factor on whether he would make a good one.
                  __________________
                  Signature by Marmoset
                  Reply With Quote
                    #25   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:01 AM).
                  Maedar's Avatar
                  Maedar Maedar is offline
                  Slifer Stacker
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2017
                  Location: Ahem, New York City
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 139
                  Quote:
                  I don't understand what your point is. He's running for President. His view on what is pretty much the biggest political crisis in the world right now is going to be a very important factor on whether he would make a good one.
                  "Biggest political crisis in the world"?

                  Not even close.
                  __________________
                  There are three certainties in life, death, taxes, and that someone will eventually tell you the thing about death and taxes.
                  Reply With Quote
                  Reply

                  Quick Reply

                  Join the conversation!

                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                  Create a PokéCommunity Account
                  Ad Content
                  Thread Tools

                  Posting Rules
                  You may not post new threads
                  You may not post replies
                  You may not post attachments
                  You may not edit your posts

                  BB code is On
                  Smilies are On
                  [IMG] code is On
                  HTML code is Off
                  Minimum Characters Per Post: 25

                  Forum Jump


                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:38 AM.