• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heyo's Sprites!!

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey-o!

I'm heyo, and although I've been lurking around the forums since August, I'm not very active, and I still consider myself new.

Anyways, since I've reached 15 posts after 5 months, I've finally decided to post some of my sprites!

I appreciate constructive criticism and will definitely use it, whether it be positive or negative. Please don't put me down just to make
me feel bad though, this is the first time I've ever made or posted sprites.​

NOTE: I'm hoping to make a hack with these sprites in the future, thus, they are not for public use.

FAKEMON:

Spoiler:

TRAINER SPRITES:
Spoiler:

OVERWORLDS:
Spoiler:

Lemme know if you have any suggestions, whether it be problems with the shape or shading, ideas or things to add to the sprites, or new concepts for different sprites. I'm happy to see any sort of replies! :)

Last edited:

BlockedHeart

Pokemon Master
Years
They look great! To make them look more like real Pokemon sprites though, make the lines smoother, and the colors less smooth... I know your only supposed to use 12 colors, but try to make them less curvy, and more pixelated... Hope this helped.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
They look great! To make them look more like real Pokemon sprites though, make the lines smoother, and the colors less smooth... I know your only supposed to use 12 colors, but try to make them less curvy, and more pixelated... Hope this helped.

Thank you! And I'll try to work on that. :D
EDIT: Although, what do you mean by making the colors less smooth?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
You have excellent talent in making scratch sprites. I can say that, please, PLEASE do not stop making these sprites as I am ascertain that you shall greatly improve your skill soon. What I can suggest is that try imitating the Game sprites (NOT as a base, mind you) and get those curves correctly and textures (like rock surfaces, furry surfaces, fire surfaces etc.) perfected. The Florosa needs some work on with the flowery head. Try looking at Roserade and Cherrim for that. The first two water sharks are already near perfection, although the last one looks weird. The Fire Griffins are plain too much AWESOME! Although you can improve the wings. Tarangeo and his evo need their legs fixed. Aquamoeba looks very realistic but improve on the red patch.

I understand this is the first time you made sprites, and they are awesome, so good luck!

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
You have excellent talent in making scratch sprites. I can say that, please, PLEASE do not stop making these sprites as I am ascertain that you shall greatly improve your skill soon. What I can suggest is that try imitating the Game sprites (NOT as a base, mind you) and get those curves correctly and textures (like rock surfaces, furry surfaces, fire surfaces etc.) perfected. The Florosa needs some work on with the flowery head. Try looking at Roserade and Cherrim for that. The first two water sharks are already near perfection, although the last one looks weird. The Fire Griffins are plain too much AWESOME! Although you can improve the wings. Tarangeo and his evo need their legs fixed. Aquamoeba looks very realistic but improve on the red patch.

I understand this is the first time you made sprites, and they are awesome, so good luck!

Wow, thanks! :D I can definitely agree that Florosa, the griffins (notably Gryflame's wings), and Aquamoeba need the work that you provided. However, could you elaborate more on the other things? How could I fix Tarangeo and Tarocktula's legs? And what makes Tanchor look weird?

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Yeah... about that. Tarangeo and Tarocktula's legs are too long. If it is supposed to be like that, then the curvings on the outline of the legs need improvement. Tanchor's pose is weird, and from a glance, it does not look very nice. Especially the arms and the legs and how the body hides the tail almost completely.

And by the way, Wandark looks too plain. Add a bit of detail to it. Cyptrick and Phantasm are fine, but they don't have eyes and that makes them a bit boring. Add something that will make them look more "Pokémonish".

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Yeah... about that. Tarangeo and Tarocktula's legs are too long. If it is supposed to be like that, then the curvings on the outline of the legs need improvement. Tanchor's pose is weird, and from a glance, it does not look very nice. Especially the arms and the legs and how the body hides the tail almost completely.

And by the way, Wandark looks too plain. Add a bit of detail to it. Cyptrick and Phantasm are fine, but they don't have eyes and that makes them a bit boring. Add something that will make them look more "Pokémonish".

I see. I agree with you.
I've actually thought of changing Wandark, Cryptrick, and Phatasm's looks altogether; would a Pokemon based on a sheet-ghost costume be better? (For example: http://www.magiclanterngraphics.com/sheet_ghost_moving_hg_clr.gif)

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Yes, I think so. BTW, any progress in creating new Fakemon?

I haven't gotten much time for work on sprites, however, I do have a few concepts that are open for editing.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Also, do the wings on Gryflame look better here?
GryflameShaded2_zps85996de5.png

EDIT: I've also created a new pose for Tanchor, I changed its arms and legs a little too:
Tanchorv2Shaded_zpsd6730f11.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Much better. And that Tanchor is awesome. But what is that near its left arm? o.O

As for the concepts, can't say anything about them, sorry.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Much better. And that Tanchor is awesome. But what is that near its left arm? o.O

As for the concepts, can't say anything about them, sorry.

Oh, right. It's fine.
And if you're talking about the gray point, that's the third fin on its back. It's kind of hard to tell, though.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
For your first time sprites they're really good. I especially like Traproot and Minnowhite, and think these ones are the best design-wise, and sprite-wise.
The design is simple, yet still gives a Pokemon vibe. Lineart and shading is pretty good.

I would suggest you increase the contrast between shades a little bit to make shades more visible, as well as smoothen the lineart especially with Tarocktula and Titanigon. I also feel Titanigon's scale overlapping is overdone, and can be simplified. Remember, Pokemon designs are simple.

I really like the Aquamoeba sprite though, those highlights really give the sprite a slimy feel and the nucleus and other contents within the ectoplasm brings the sprite to life.

About your concepts, I like Peagarow. Has the design attributes of a Pokemon, though maybe you could add a belly or a pattern to make it more colorful, and less animal like. You might want to play around with the proportions too. Oh and I can't see Tanchor.

Keep practising and you'll sjurely get better. I like what I'm seeing so far, keep it up! :)

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
For your first time sprites they're really good. I especially like Traproot and Minnowhite, and think these ones are the best design-wise, and sprite-wise.
The design is simple, yet still gives a Pokemon vibe. Lineart and shading is pretty good.

I would suggest you increase the contrast between shades a little bit to make shades more visible, as well as smoothen the lineart especially with Tarocktula and Titanigon. I also feel Titanigon's scale overlapping is overdone, and can be simplified. Remember, Pokemon designs are simple.

I really like the Aquamoeba sprite though, those highlights really give the sprite a slimy feel and the nucleus and other contents within the ectoplasm brings the sprite to life.

About your concepts, I like Peagarow. Has the design attributes of a Pokemon, though maybe you could add a belly or a pattern to make it more colorful, and less animal like. You might want to play around with the proportions too. Oh and I can't see Tanchor.

Keep practising and you'll sjurely get better. I like what I'm seeing so far, keep it up! :)

Thank you for the feedback. :) I was also waiting for someone to mention something about Titanigon; it was my first sprite so I was nervous about it.
I was contemplating making some shades darker, especially on the shark Fakemon. Now that you've mentioned it, I'll definitely do it.
Also, I think I fixed Tanchor; you should be able to see it on the first post. I don't know why it wasn't working for you, though.

EDIT:
I just added Slamander, Salamight, and Salamaster. Every starter was based on an animal, not a plant, so I thought that a Venus fly-trap starter wasn't fitting. I'm keeping Traproot, Chlorovore, and Florosa, though.

I'm also at work with some other sprites; Peagarow (one of my concepts) is at work, but it's one of the hardest sprites I've decided to make yet.

Last edited:

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Here's an update, my first overworld sprite set!
Trainer_zps0568648f.png

I also finished Peagarow, but I don't like how its bushy tail came out. Any suggestions?
PeagarowShaded_zps20daf968.png

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Hey yo Heyo
I just want to congratulate you on the work you're doing.
Will you be working on back sprites? Every hack needs them
(Unless the Pokemon is uncatchable)
Plus I think Peagrow looks perfectly fine right now :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
Your fakemon look a bit plain IMO. I think they lack shading on tne border which would gve them a 3D perspective instead of 2D effect.

Also, a lot of them look pillowshaded which doesn't help the 3D effect and make it hard to clealy see where the light comes from.

I think your shark line fakemon are your best shaded one and your fire one is your worst because the angle you sprited them are hard to correctly shade. I think you should redo those fakemon but with a 30-60 deggre inststead of completly facing us or at 90 degree. I tbelieve them would look better and they would be easier to shade.

Back