• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
I have searched through multiple guides and done searches in almost every forum but can't find an answer.
Search a little harder next time >.o

Firstly, and most importantly, how does one change the introductory scenes of emerald/sapphire/ruby.
Theres a tool for this: Advanced Intro Ed

Secondly, I was glancing through the ROM Hacking Resources and noticed that many people were posting sprites or tile sets. How do I get those tiles/sprites into advance map.

Only Overworld Sprites can be viewed in A-Map, and only when you are using them with a person event. UNLZ is the program used to view other sprites.
Tutorials:
Inserting Overworld Sprites
New tilesets

There are more tutorials, but these are the first two I found.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 16, 2013
I'm trying to edit Pokemon Crystal tilesets and I believed I've edited about 70% of it. Now I need to deal with the compressed images. I have successfully extracted and reinserted the edited tilesets using AgiXp by using the offsets I found by Googling.

For the uncompressed images, I normally use VBA's Memory search method and using a Hex Editor to find the offset but it doesn't work with compressed images. Is there a much faster and accurate way in finding the offsets for compressed images than scouring the internet for someone who might've provided and found the offsets?

Thanks!

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hey guys, this is my second time writing this post because apparently I can't post URL's until after 15 posts which is understandable. Anyway I apologize if these questions have been asked before but I have searched through multiple guides and done searches in almost every forum but can't find an answer.

Firstly, and most importantly, how does one change the introductory scenes of emerald/sapphire/ruby (the events once you are actually in game, not talking to Birch and naming your character)? I have deleted all events and reworked the maps etc. but no matter what I do when I play my ROM I end up back in the moving van and am greeted by my invisible mom. I'm sure there have to be hidden scripts or something but I can't find them.

Secondly, I was glancing through the ROM Hacking Resources and noticed that many people were posting sprites or tile sets. How do I get those tiles/sprites into advance map. I'm sure there is a different process for both so I am requesting an answer for each.

Finally, if there is a guide that includes either of these I would be more than happy to look through it. Thanks in advance for your help.

1) You need to find and download a tool called "Truck Remover" and another tool called "SMCA". Truck Remover will remove the ASM which makes the truck shake and SMCA will change your start map to a different one besides the truck. Now, go learn about Level/Map Scripting. This where your "invisible" mom script is: it is a map script on the main LittleRoot map.

2) Just type "Tiles" in the search box in the tutorials section. You will find at least 7 guides on inserting tiles. NSE Classic is the tool used to insert overworld sprites.

how to create a tileset for my tilemap pokemon ruby worldmap

By what you said... You have a tilemap? But you need a tiles set for it? I litterally wrote a tutorial called "Making Tilesets from Tilemaps- The Super Easy Way".-_-

Does anyone around here actually try to look first?

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Does the incense trick work in Fire Red? I.E. Having Wobbufet hold a lax incense in the daycare produces a wynaut egg?

If yes, has there been any hacks that have replicated this effect for Budew or Munchlax or the likes?

Yes, it works for both of the species to have retrospective babies introduced in Gen 3 (Wobbuffet and Marill) and the 649 Patch has the added code to deal with all of the babies introduced in gen 4.

Other than this, I don't know about any hack with it implemented. I may share the code I made if people are interested.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
Hey guys, I got a simple question, but I couldn't find the answer using google or youtube while there are some examples of it... I'm trying to edit the Birch intro speech, hacking Ruby. Guess I can just open it in XSE or summin, but what's the offset?

Thanks in advance!

karatekid552

Years
Hey guys, I got a simple question, but I couldn't find the answer using google or youtube while there are some examples of it... I'm trying to edit the Birch intro speech, hacking Ruby. Guess I can just open it in XSE or summin, but what's the offset?

Thanks in advance!

Use A-text to find the location of the text and then you can edit it in XSE.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
hello , im new to this site and decided i would try to make my own game . after attempting my first script , it wont work on a fresh rom .

my script :

#dynamic 0x8000BA

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org @talk1
= Hey there!\nHow are you?\pWhat's your name?\p\v\h01?\nThat's a cool name!

anyone know why it isnt working?

karatekid552

Years
hello , im new to this site and decided i would try to make my own game . after attempting my first script , it wont work on a fresh rom .

my script :

#dynamic 0x8000BA

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org @talk1

The script itself is perfect, but I have a feeling you have the wrong XSE version for it. Make sure you are using v1.1.1.

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
Other than this, I don't know about any hack with it implemented. I may share the code I made if people are interested.
I'm definitely interested, and I'm sure other people are too. I'll look into it if you share your code or not.

It's possible that you didn't give the correct person your script?
Check in A-Map to make sure that you are giving the correct offsets.
If you could say what it is going wrong, that would be very helpful.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
im deffently using the right offset . its a fresh rom so the 0x800000 offset should be usable . and even if its not i used free space finder to find one . the problem is that the text box doesn't come up . it doesnt freeze the game its just that nothing happens when clicking the a button

karatekid552

Years
Does anyone know how to change trade evolutions to evolutions by level through hex editing on FireRed?

Why do you need to hex edit it? Can't you just use YAPE or PGE?

If you are to the point that you have expanded and shifted everything around so that it won't work with these programs, then you are also advanced enough to compare the coding of it on a clean rom and figure it out.

Off of the top of my head, I can't remember.

im deffently using the right offset . its a fresh rom so the 0x800000 offset should be usable . and even if its not i used free space finder to find one . the problem is that the text box doesn't come up . it doesnt freeze the game its just that nothing happens when clicking the a button

Go into the help menu and click the "About" link or whatever and it will tell you the version. By what you describe, you are using an old XSE where the syntax is different.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014

If you are to the point that you have expanded and shifted everything around so that it won't work with these programs, then you are also advanced enough to compare the coding of it on a clean rom and figure it out.

Off of the top of my head, I can't remember.

Go into the help menu and click the "About" link or whatever and it will tell you the version. By what you describe, you are using an old XSE where the syntax is different.

well.... it says v.1.1.1

so any other solutions ?

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
Well, that is really awkward. How exactly are you trying to use this script? Is it attached to an NPC? A script tile? How exactly are you using it?

in advance map , i changed the "number of person events " from 3 to 4 (im using pallet town)
click the change events button and i drag the added person to the map and i change the script offset to the one in the script . save and open on the rom and the text box doesnt come up

Years
Try this instead:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org @talk1
Then make sure you've loaded your ROM in XSE, click the blue gears, and hit Copy in the new window.

To be honest, your script would be save space if it was like this:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @string1 0x2
end

#org @string1
= Hey there!\nHow are you?\pWhat's your name?\p[player]?\nThat's a cool name!

msgbox 0x2 will automatically include the lock, faceplayer and release commands.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
Try this instead:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org @talk1
Then make sure you've loaded your ROM in XSE, click the blue gears, and hit Copy in the new window.

To be honest, your script would be save space if it was like this:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @string1 0x2
end

#org @string1
= Hey there!\nHow are you?\pWhat's your name?\p[player]?\nThat's a cool name!

msgbox 0x2 will automatically include the lock, faceplayer and release commands.

still the same :/

would it help if i gave picture?
(i cant post picture on here but my email is [email protected] so if you email me there i can send you the pictures )

still the same :/

would it help if i gave picture?
(i cant post picture on here but my email is [email protected] so if you email me there i can send you the pictures )

never mind i got it working . thanks for the help

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday

They are incompatible with v1.1. I did send a PM to Gamer2020 regarding PGE's compatibility and he said to change "roms.ini" and add the proper offsets of the 1.1 version. Do you know how can I get those?

Here's the one for FireRed v1.0 as seen on the .ini file:

Spoiler:

I have changed a lot on this rom with AdvanceMap (thus I can't simply use an 1.0 version) but no coding was involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back