• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports General Sports Chat. All Sports Welcome

Years
I don't talk about sports too much cause aside from home teams I don't know jack, but for some reason this rumor about Chris Paul potentially being traded off to San Antonio/Orlando has been spreading and I thought it was pretty interesting.

Personally, I think if Paul could bypass the curse of not winning jack and he goes to the Spurs, that's gonna be a pretty nasty lineup, especially with Kawhi. Of course, the rumor is very baseless and there's just about no way it would happen since A: They ain't got the Cap and B: Chris Paul ain't gonna play with money in escrow and he can't be guaranteed a title with teams like Golden State/Cleveland Lebroners hanging about, but it'd be interesting to see how the Spurs would weave him into their roster.

I'm fairly confident Chris Paul won't make the jump to another team in this instance. Anyone better than the Clippers can't afford him (and probably doesn't need him), and nearly everyone who can afford him is worse than the Clippers or already has an all-star caliber PG.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Baseball truly needs to consider shortening their games. I get it, it's "Anerica's pasttime", but I'm a believer that today's generation of people aren't going to be able to sit in front of a 4 hour screening of one game in such a strenuously long season.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Can we talk about the state of the NBA right now? It's such a garbage run sport. You have a max of four teams who may win and then there's everyone else. Not saying that that's not what you get with other sports, but the fact that one single player changes the state of the game for a team is unlike any other sport.

It's going to be extremely boring if it's Cavs-Warriors in the finals again ngl

a power creep happened. players only go for rings now as if that is the only measure of success.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
a power creep happened. players only go for rings now as if that is the only measure of success.

It's just ridiculous. The NBA is unlike any other sport where one player changes the entire dimension of the sport. When these "super teams" form, it ruins the sport. Honestly, what's the point of every other team other than the Cavs and Warriors to play the regular season when you know it doesn't even matter in the end? There needs to be a commissioner veto of these kind of events to unfold.

This is why KD has lost all respect from me as it means jackshit when he wins this year. You couldn't beat the Cavs, nor the Warriors, so you join the team that blew you out of the water. He's a loser in my eyes.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
It's just ridiculous. The NBA is unlike any other sport where one player changes the entire dimension of the sport. When these "super teams" form, it ruins the sport. Honestly, what's the point of every other team other than the Cavs and Warriors to play the regular season when you know it doesn't even matter in the end? There needs to be a commissioner veto of these kind of events to unfold.

This is why KD has lost all respect from me as it means jack**** when he wins this year. You couldn't beat the Cavs, nor the Warriors, so you join the team that blew you out of the water. He's a loser in my eyes.

Almost all-stars could be seen in 2-4 teams in the nba and it's obvious that the other teams are there just to prolong the season and earn some cash. KD is a piece of **** when he switched to GSW. ïf you can't beat em, lick 'em" my ass. He is a good player, but he's a cancer to the game.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Almost all-stars could be seen in 2-4 teams in the nba and it's obvious that the other teams are there just to prolong the season and earn some cash. KD is a piece of **** when he switched to GSW. ïf you can't beat em, lick 'em" my ass. He is a good player, but he's a cancer to the game.

He really is. He's a great representation of everything wrong with the NBA. Who is your team for the NBA? Just curious.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Baseball truly needs to consider shortening their games. I get it, it's "Anerica's pasttime", but I'm a believer that today's generation of people aren't going to be able to sit in front of a 4 hour screening of one game in such a strenuously long season.

I have ADHD and haven't missed a game or turned away from a game in over 20 years.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I have ADHD and haven't missed a game or turned away from a game in over 20 years.

proud_of_you_stickers_reward_stickers-r86b4c3b8822540a08b9e8c0d5023e9c2_v9waf_8byvr_512.jpg

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Hehey, apparently Sweden beat France in football (european) yesterday. A bunch of my manfriends watched it on one monitor while the rest of us focused on e-sport on another (we played mariokart....)

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Hehey, apparently Sweden beat France in football (european) yesterday. A bunch of my manfriends watched it on one monitor while the rest of us focused on e-sport on another (we played mariokart....)

Do you know if the game was close? What league/tournament was this for?

Years
It's was a World Cup qualifying match, and Sweden ended up winning 2-1, with the last goal coming in the 90th minute. Sweden's actually doing really well in qualifiers, and are first in their group, ahead of France and the Netherlands, among others. The Dutch and the Swedes are actually my 2 go-to teams in international football, so I've been trying to follow the games whenever I can.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Warriors? Probably not.
Penguins? Absolutely. This was just a fluke. A team with home ice advantage would have destroyed them.

Back