• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Question...

Whenever I try and edit my FR version using Elite Map and I try and save I get the message:
"Run-time error '75' Path/File access error" It then exits.
What does this mean?

Kardin

Egotist extraordinaire
Years
I've done a search, and to the best of my knowledge this hasn't been asked before:

I redid Littleroot town completely for my Ruby mod, but the game still starts in a truck, which is fine by me. Problem is, the character no longer leaves the truck outside of his/her house, but rather in the middle of a large river. Now, this naturally looks terrible, as the truck is nowhere near them.

My question is this: Which script dictates where they get out of the truck?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Try SMCA, you can change the starting map and the position that the characters get out of the truck.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2007
thanks, but..german? >_< I'll try to use it anyway, though.
The link to the english inis posted on this forum isn't working, can anyone repost?

Last edited:

bazzaroony

Pokemon Topaz Creator
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2009
Hi, this is really important to me.
And all you guys might find it really obvious,
But ive been working on a hack for a very long time now,
and i've just got stuck!

My problem is that i have replaced a lot of the pokemon in the
game for exampe, groudon has been replaced by a dragon/flying pokemon ect...

And i have no idea how to edit which TM's/HM's pokemon can and cannot learn (for example my new dragon/flying pokemon, cannot learn FLY!!!)

Someone please tell me how to do this, i think i will need to HEX it, but i dont know much about this.

Please tell me what sort of Hexeditor i should be using (if you have any recommendations), and what to do in easy-to-understand language, (i have searched the inernet loads, and only found stufff i didn't get!)

bazzaroony

Pokemon Topaz Creator
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2009
help

and i've just got stuck!

And i have no idea how to edit which TM's/HM's pokemon can and cannot learn (for example my new dragon/flying pokemon, cannot learn FLY!!!)

Someone please tell me how to do this, i think i will need to HEX it, but i dont know much about this.

Please tell me what sort of Hexeditor i should be using (if you have any recommendations), and what to do in easy-to-understand language, (i have searched the inernet loads, and only found stufff i didn't get!)

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
and i've just got stuck!

1st: Don´t double post!

2nd: Amplifier 2006 Ae. Very easy to use. You can edit almost everything. I don´t know if it´s legal to write the link in this forum, so if you want it PM me.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Hi guys I need a bit of help on my hack. I'm trying to edit Gary in LG so that he has certain Pokemon. Can I do thjis by just changing his pokemon via Pet? How can I change his Pokem,on if not by just editing them on Pet? Thanks!

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
and i've just got stuck!

Just like blackdragonite said, amplifier 2006. Check treeko's thread in the toolbox section. it's the first link he gives.

bazzaroony

Pokemon Topaz Creator
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2009
Thanks very much guys, but the amplifier 2006 ae didn't work on my rom, there was some sort of runtime error.
Does anyone know how to do it through hex?

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Thanks very much guys, but the amplifier 2006 ae didn't work on my rom, there was some sort of runtime error.
Does anyone know how to do it through hex?

What Rom are you try to hack?
And what do you want to change with amplifier (names, types, or what?)
If you use the image selecter function try to reinstall it.
If this doesn´t work try another rom.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I have a general question about a problem that I cant figure out. When I click on a link to download a rom from this site it just gives me a white screen....please pm me with an answer.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
Years
There's something happening with the attachments around here. When I try to post attachments they don't workhalf the time.

Annoying.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Hollow_Ichigo said:
I was wondering how to import my own tile set into a game.

Just go to the Block Editor in AdvanceMap, then export the original tileset, edit it in a program and then import it using the block editor.

SDODC13 said:
I have a general question about a problem that I cant figure out. When I click on a link to download a rom from this site it just gives me a white screen....please pm me with an answer.

Go to Options > Emulator > Flash 128K in the VBA.

duncanrcook

Excellent!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 20, 2012
all these questions are for pokemon gold

1. how do you edit the links between maps?
2. how do you edit movement scripts and triggers?
3. i have hfd to edit the world map, but how do you make the tiles on the world map correspond to the route/town you want it to?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
duncanrcook said:
all these questions are for pokemon gold

1. how do you edit the links between maps?
2. how do you edit movement scripts and triggers?
3. i have hfd to edit the world map, but how do you make the tiles on the world map correspond to the route/town you want it to?

1. In hex look for something like this : [Border][Y][X][3byte pointer to map][Scriptheader/Event bank][2byte pointer Scriptheader][2bytepointer events][Connection byte][Connection data (which can be nothing when Connection Byte = 00)]

2. Each Movement Script code ends with [47] and Triggers are setup like: [Number][Y position][X position][00][Script pointer (2byte)][00][00]

3. The offset for the world map pointers is: 0x92388, it also goes [Name pointer] [Xloc] [Yloc].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back