• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm with Zekrom on this. I put a lot of time and effort into this hack doing a lot of OW sprites and other stuff. It's a shame to see that all of my work will just go to waste. :(

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
To be honest. this is like a slap in the face for me. Ive worked hard on getting those sprites and fixing the colors for them. I know that is her choice but part of me thinks that if she were to improve in her hacks and not share them in the community then it would be a waste.

I'm with Zekrom on this. I put a lot of time and effort into this hack doing a lot of OW sprites and other stuff. It's a shame to see that all of my work will just go to waste. :(
You guys can put this as a reason why she should come back :D

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2020
Im almost done the first one and for number 2 do we lose victinni as well plus I cant wait

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Dammit :(.

I came back to check on the progress of this hack, excited to see all the new developments since I last checked a few months ago...only to find out that DRG has not only disbanded her team of hackers, but might not even release the completed hack to the public. Even if she does release it here, I doubt it will be as good as it would've been if she continued to have multiple people work on their own little parts of the hack. With just seemingly her and her alone working on the entire hack, I fear the finished product won't be nearly as long, have nearly as many features as originally promised, nor be nearly as stable.

To anyone who worked with her on this hack, I highly suggest (and urge) you to get into contact with her, and see if you all can't come to some kind of agreement where you all can still help contribute to her hack. After all, you guys spent all this time and hard work up to this point to shape the hack to whatever point it was at when she decided to go private with it. It would be a shame if all of your hard work was tossed in the trash. At the very least, everyone who helped contribute content to the hack should receive a finished copy.

Years
DRG disbanded the team, and we might never get the completed hack, aw man, a well demanded sequel..just sitting there :(

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2016
Aww, I was going to post about how excited I am about DR2 but from reading the above posts, it doesn't seem like it'll be released. :(

Such a waste of both talent and an awesome sequel. :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I'm gutted. I just finished the first one and LOVED it, spent hours and hours grinding on it and playing through.

Can't believe she'd just disband it :( like wth, I know it's hard work - but of course it's gonna get criticised, people will always want improvement and it'll help her improve!

I really hope she changes her mind about releasing it.

Years
Guys, looking through my PC I have a very rough Alpha version of the game, this poses me with two choices.

1) I release the ROM as it is, it has OWs, basic story and mapping. I've not played it too much, but I do know that it is playable, how far it goes, I do not know.

2) I re-form a team and try to continue the ROM with the story that DarkRisingGirl had written on the front page with possible changes.

I've never made a ROM hack as my own before, I've only helped. So if the second option were to be chosen, I could only help with OW sprites and the story.

Choose guys, it's all up to you! :)

Years
Guys, looking through my PC I have a very rough Alpha version of the game, this poses me with two choices.

1) I release the ROM as it is, it has OWs, basic story and mapping. I've not played it too much, but I do know that it is playable, how far it goes, I do not know.

2) I re-form a team and try to continue the ROM with the story that DarkRisingGirl had written on the front page with possible changes.

I've never made a ROM hack as my own before, I've only helped. So if the second option were to be chosen, I could only help with OW sprites and the story.

Choose guys, it's all up to you! :)
Any news is good news. So I vote that you group up with a team and complete this hack. This will make us fans happy that it is being worked on. No one minds to play with a rough Alpha version. Not me by any chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back