• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
So I got back to my desktop computer and the game runs, I still have really bad lag at the moment though I've just started.

I guess the problem was the laptop wasn't up to running it, even though it handles much more regularly

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
I'm having issues patching properly, I have followed all the steps to patch to 1.5.3, but none of the new content appears and the lag just gets worse and worse as I walk through the game. Could someone post a working game mirror or something? Because I can't even get to the next town in under 3 hours of lag.

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2017
I'm having the lag problem too.
And the no-sound problem.
I've fixed the no-sound issue by runnig it in Win 98 compatibility mode (I'm using Win XP) but the lag becomes worse when I do it.

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
I have an idea for you D.Lawride. Desbrina, the maker of Pokemon Lightning Yellow, uses an updater application for his game, which searches for and updates the users game for them. Maybe you could use something similar? Its the one by Evil Cabbage.

I'll consider it; as long as it works, it'll be fine by me xD

Thanks for the suggestion!

You have to download the 1.5 (Base) version, then patch that with the 1.5.2 version/patch and THEN patch with the 1.5.3 version.

If you're confused on how to do it, just read the read-me files included in the two patches. If you need more help, just ask :)

Thanks for helping clear that up! o/

So, how goes the update? What can we expect to see in it?

Dreadfully slow, I'm afraid; with the two latest updates to Essentials, it's gonna take a while to get everything back into motion, especially with college and stuff.

So I got back to my desktop computer and the game runs, I still have really bad lag at the moment though I've just started.

I guess the problem was the laptop wasn't up to running it, even though it handles much more regularly

Hm, that is still so odd... I'm hoping the new versions of Essentials patched up something I missed.

I'm having issues patching properly, I have followed all the steps to patch to 1.5.3, but none of the new content appears and the lag just gets worse and worse as I walk through the game. Could someone post a working game mirror or something? Because I can't even get to the next town in under 3 hours of lag.

I'm having the lag problem too.
And the no-sound problem.
I've fixed the no-sound issue by runnig it in Win 98 compatibility mode (I'm using Win XP) but the lag becomes worse when I do it.

As I've mentioned, there's no solution that I've found for the lag, so I'm relying on the new Essentials versions to have some sort of change that might have fixed it unintentionally. Also, I'm redesigning (slightly) some locations to see if the lag is lessened.

About the sound, that's very odd. o.O

kiv_umar

Musician
Years
Hey guys, I'm the musician who done the music for this game.
For those of you with the sound issues, it's because of a mistake you made installing the game. For everything to work you must download ALL of these and follow the instructions below:

Remove the folder from your computer:

First download and unpack this file:
VERSION 1.0 RELEASE (28/12/2010)
Pokémon Nightmare First Release

Then in the following order, download the others and copy over the files to the main folder, ONE AFTER THE OTHER, ONE AT A TIME, DO NOT DO THEM AT THE SAME TIME OTHERWISE IT WILL MESS IT ALL UP

VERSION 1.5 (BASE) RELEASE (23/09/2011)

VERSION 1.5.2 RELEASE (15/10/2011)

VERSION 1.5.3 RELEASE (25/12/2011)

After that, the sound SHOULD work, Good luck!

P.S: This doesn't fix the lag issue.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2015
Hi, Awesome game! I was just wondering if the lag actually stopped at some point in time in the game? I know you're working on fixing it, but I was just wondering! Thanks!

D. Lawride

Years
Hey guys, I'm the musician who done the music for this game.
For those of you with the sound issues, it's because of a mistake you made installing the game. For everything to work you must download ALL of these and follow the instructions below:

Remove the folder from your computer:

First download and unpack this file:
VERSION 1.0 RELEASE (28/12/2010)
Pokémon Nightmare First Release

Then in the following order, download the others and copy over the files to the main folder, ONE AFTER THE OTHER, ONE AT A TIME, DO NOT DO THEM AT THE SAME TIME OTHERWISE IT WILL MESS IT ALL UP
VERSION 1.3.1 RELEASE (25/03/2011)

VERSION 1.5 (BASE) RELEASE (23/09/2011)

VERSION 1.5.2 RELEASE (15/10/2011)

VERSION 1.5.3 RELEASE (25/12/2011)

After that, the sound SHOULD work, Good luck!

P.S: This doesn't fix the lag issue.

Thanks for the help, just edit out the 1.3.1 because the download is blocked due to bug issues. :D

Hi, Awesome game! I was just wondering if the lag actually stopped at some point in time in the game? I know you're working on fixing it, but I was just wondering! Thanks!

As far as I'm aware, I've had reports of the lag starting in Victala city and stopping at random. Other more severe cases of lag are in the Gorge Caves, and the lag stops again after exiting. I'm looking into redesigning some maps to see if I can get this issue over with.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
game looks great man! i won't play the demo version tho, ill only play the final release for one of two reasons:
1: once i get going, i dont like to be stopped and anticipation would kill me
2: when playing a beta thats not complete when you come to the end of it, it leaves you with an enormous cliffhanger and wanting to play more, that too kills me.

when it is finished tho i will play it and write a review of it! congratz and keep it up!

kiv_umar

Musician
Years
Thanks for the help, just edit out the 1.3.1 because the download is blocked due to bug issues. :D

Done :D

As far as I'm aware, I've had reports of the lag starting in Victala city and stopping at random. Other more severe cases of lag are in the Gorge Caves, and the lag stops again after exiting. I'm looking into redesigning some maps to see if I can get this issue over with.

The lag happened with me the moment I walked out of the train station in the beginning, left the game pretty much unplayable

D. Lawride

Years
The lag happened with me the moment I walked out of the train station in the beginning, left the game pretty much unplayable

That's even weirder, because it means it varies. I'm starting to think it's related to the computer being used to play it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
Hi, I think you can solve the lag issue by using an anti-lag system on your game. Anti lag scripts disable event graphics/animated events, if they are not on the player's screen.
ht tp://rpgcreative.net/rpgmaker/scripts-18-anti-lag.html.( I ca't post URL)

I found this because i tried to solve the problem myself but i don't have the game editor, hope it helps.

I love your game btw ^^

D. Lawride

Years
i cant play it i dont know how to patch it and all that stuff

There's a Read Me file included, hopefully it should supply the information you need to patch.

Hi, I think you can solve the lag issue by using an anti-lag system on your game. Anti lag scripts disable event graphics/animated events, if they are not on the player's screen.
ht tp://rpgcreative.net/rpgmaker/scripts-18-anti-lag.html.( I ca't post URL)

I found this because i tried to solve the problem myself but i don't have the game editor, hope it helps.

I love your game btw ^^

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm aware of some anti-lag scripts myself. xD

The problem is whether or not they're compatible with Essentials. That's the main issue here.

Thanks! ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
Hi, I tried the game again today and no lag at all. The game works perfectly fine ^^.

But I noticed in battles against some NPCs that they don't do anything. It's always my turn and I attack consecutively until they run out of pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back