The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 26th, 2013 (6:55 PM).
Water Musician Fenrir

Nature: Quirky
    @Nakuzami: Well you wanted a story...

Sorry about your sister... That must suck so bad.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
    On AAO
    On DeviantArt
    On FurAffinity

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 27th, 2013 (10:22 AM).
    The Fresh Prince of Kanto

Nature: Lonely
    @ Fenrir:

Hahaha, I laughed all through that story! Not in a mean way :) just like an, 'aw, that's so cool/positive/nice and your friends sound really awesome!' So it was less laughing than a big grin. But hey, that's fun too :D

Also, I have just discovered that Bill O'Reilly is apparently in favour of legal same-sex marriage for all. Well, sort of. He's not against it, anyway, and he actually made a cogent point: basically, we're all human, so why the hell are we acting like there's levels of love? Well, I'm paraphrasing, but you get the gist. (Actual quote was: 'the compelling argument is on the side of homosexuals. That's where the compelling argument is: we're Americans, we just want to be treated like everybody else. That's a compelling argument. And to deny that, you've got to have a very strong argument on the other side. And the other side hasn't been able to do anything but thump the Bible.')

Anyway. Bill O'Reilly isn't defending this ban. BILL O'REILLY. Surely, surely this is an indication that public opinion is changing for the better.

Ramona Flowers
    Old March 27th, 2013 (10:57 AM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    @ Fenrir:

Hahaha, I laughed all through that story! Not in a mean way :) just like an, 'aw, that's so cool/positive/nice and your friends sound really awesome!' So it was less laughing than a big grin. But hey, that's fun too :D

Also, I have just discovered that Bill O'Reilly is apparently in favour of legal same-sex marriage for all. Well, sort of. He's not against it, anyway, and he actually made a cogent point: basically, we're all human, so why the hell are we acting like there's levels of love? Well, I'm paraphrasing, but you get the gist. (Actual quote was: 'the compelling argument is on the side of homosexuals. That's where the compelling argument is: we're Americans, we just want to be treated like everybody else. That's a compelling argument. And to deny that, you've got to have a very strong argument on the other side. And the other side hasn't been able to do anything but thump the Bible.')

Anyway. Bill O'Reilly isn't defending this ban. BILL O'REILLY. Surely, surely this is an indication that public opinion is changing for the better.
    I thought I'd stepped into a parallel dimension when I read that. I hope that in 5 years we'll all look back on this and go "Oh, wow, what a silly fight we were having. How could we have thought gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry?"
    Old March 27th, 2013 (12:08 PM).
    I Will Be Your Shield

Nature: Jolly
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
    I thought I'd stepped into a parallel dimension when I read that. I hope that in 5 years we'll all look back on this and go "Oh, wow, what a silly fight we were having. How could we have thought gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry?"
    Because we're all demon spawn and don't deserve to intermingle with humans, lest we taint the entire species.

Under Renovations
    Old March 29th, 2013 (10:12 AM).
    Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
      Because we're all demon spawn and don't deserve to intermingle with humans, lest we taint the entire species.
      Oh no! I accidentally the whole human species. D: Is that bad?

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
      "Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old March 29th, 2013 (11:57 AM).
      Banned

Nature: Naughty
        XD No, it's fine. They'll live. :3

Anyways I'm back~ Thought I'd drop by this clubbeh and stuff, and maybe pick up on the chatter. I've kind of grown in my identity since I last posted here for certain. A lot of things have changed for me and surprisingly just as many stayed the same.

A little of an update about me:
        I am Genderqueer. For those of you who don't know what that is, just click on the link and read up. More specifically, I am Genderfluid. This is a state where my gender may shift from one state to another at any time, and land anywhere on the scale of masculine to feminine. For the most part though, I present as female online.

I am also Pansexual, and somewhat Demisexual, as I don't particularly "Fall in love" based on appearances. So yeah. If I fall for someone, It's usually because I love their personality, not because they're hawt. Though I definitely can appreciate the beauty of the human body in all it's forms ;)

If you have any questions, please by all means do ask. I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.
        Old March 29th, 2013 (1:18 PM).
        What is this Math~

OK hey. Some might remember me from my (somewhat annoying) boy-rants from last year before I left on an (unannounced) hiatus. But now I'm back and wanted to reintroduce myself to the club! And guys, I just wanna say, really hurt that my name isn't up there on the members list anymore. :cheeky:

Quote:
          EVERYBODY! I'm thread hijacking once again because Prop 8 is finally up before the Supreme Court now. It's entirely possible that we'll see legal same-sex marriage in all of the US soon, or maybe just in California. I don't know how likely that outcome is, but things are moving in the right direction. I'm just excited by the prospect that this stain on my home state might be wiped away once and for all.
          WOOOOOOO demolish it. Y'know, this is actually starting to work according to our agenda. Us LGBTQTL;DR gotta stick together, right girls?

@Fenrir: OK, awesome story! The main thing I have to say though is that I'm relieved to find someone else who plays the bassoon. It's cool to have such supportive friends.

@Nakuzami: Aww. It's hard knowing people like that. Trust me; I live in a town where bigotry against the LGBT community is more commonplace than would be comfortable, although not advertised as much as some other places.

I hope nobody in this thread caught my gay~ *runs away*
          Old March 29th, 2013 (3:52 PM).
          Water Musician Fenrir

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ThatWhiteKid View Post
            @Fenrir: OK, awesome story! The main thing I have to say though is that I'm relieved to find someone else who plays the bassoon. It's cool to have such supportive friends.
            Yeah, my friends are like, the best.
            I know right! I'm the only one who plays the bassoon in my band too!

On AAO
            On DeviantArt
            On FurAffinity
            Old March 30th, 2013 (3:06 PM).
            Winds ღ

Nature: Lonely
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ThatWhiteKid View Post
              Hey, I play the bassoon, too!

Nevertheless the last time I posted in this topic was a year ago. So I feel kind of random for popping up like this. xD
              Old March 30th, 2013 (10:04 PM).
              Memento mori...

Nature: Quiet
                It's been a while since I posted on here. I blame midterms. Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do.
                Old March 30th, 2013 (10:53 PM).
                Professor in-training

Nature: Jolly
                  May I join? I'm president of my schools GSA (and am gay myself) is there some kin of sign up? :P

Completed Challenges
                  Electric monotype - leafgreen 2014

Info
                  YouTube: BugBoyTroy
                  Twitter: trotz59
                  Tumblr: trotz59 (barely use)
                  Deviantart: ka-ting (very old, barely updated)
                  Serebii and Bulbagarden forum accounts: trotz59
                  Old March 31st, 2013 (12:43 PM).
                  entering snake habitat

Nature: Lax
                  Hi there, guys and gals. :p I haven't posted here in a few weeks, so I decided to just pass by and see how everyone's doing. :]

Looks like lots of people are supporting the drop of DOMA, so let's hope the Supreme Court justices have some sense of morality and virtue to make the right decision in actually repealing the Act. I've seen a ton of those red equal sign icons all over the Internet, and it's really awesome to see all the support going around for the LGBT community. xD

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Minato Arisato View Post
                  It's been a while since I posted on here. I blame midterms. Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do.
                  Hey! Welcome back. :)

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by trotz59 View Post
                  May I join? I'm president of my schools GSA (and am gay myself) is there some kin of sign up? :P
                  Everyone's welcomed here! That's pretty cool to hear that you're your school's GSA president. xD Did you start the club at your school or had it already been established when you joined?

& nope, there's no signup as far as I know. :]
                  Old March 31st, 2013 (4:31 PM).
                  (>^.(>0.0)>

Nature: Careful
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by trotz59 View Post
                  Welcome Trotz! No need to ask to join, or sign up or anything. Just join in on the conversation, and you're a member.

What kind of activities does your club do? I joined one in college, and it wasn't quite what I expected. It was sort of just a hang out for playing silly games, and... well, that's it. I wasn't around when they held their crossdressing fashion show though, sadly. lol
                  Old March 31st, 2013 (4:36 PM).
                  Memento mori...

Maybe it's just my computer talking, but...I don't understand why I can't see people's usernames. Just random Pokemon.

Guess I'll just ignore it.
                    Old March 31st, 2013 (5:02 PM).
                    Water Musician Fenrir

I was a Jigglypuff on some other thread... *sob*
                      ~FenrirDarkWolf

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Minato Arisato View Post
                      Maybe it's just my computer talking, but...I don't understand why I can't see people's usernames. Just random Pokemon.

Guess I'll just ignore it.
                      I think it's an April Fool's thing...

On AAO
                      On DeviantArt
                      On FurAffinity
                      Old March 31st, 2013 (9:18 PM).
                      Memento mori...

Ugh, I hope it ends soon.
                        Old April 1st, 2013 (2:57 AM). Edited April 1st, 2013 by EGKangaroo.
                        Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

I'm still hoping to get an Ampharos. Gay Ampharos are fabulous.
                          (Been refreshing for half an hour, everyone on this page has been an Ampharos except me)

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
                          "Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old April 1st, 2013 (4:46 AM). Edited April 1st, 2013 by Shining Raichu.
                          Expect me like you expect Jesus.

Nature: Adamant
                          Shining Raichu here, agreeing that I really really hate this. It makes it real difficult to post in clubs if you have no idea who's saying what lol

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by ThatWhiteKid
                          And guys, I just wanna say, really hurt that my name isn't up there on the members list anymore. :cheeky:
                          I wonder why that is... I've never deleted a name from the list unless I was asked to specifically by that person... weird. In any case, I'll put you back up on it now :)

As for anybody else who wanted to join, I'll add your usernames to the list the second all this nonsense is over and I can actually see what your usernames are lol. I'd post some on-topic LGBTish stuff but what's the point, I don't know what the discussion is because I DON'T KNOW WHO'S SAYING WHAT I HATE APRIL FOOL'S DAY
                          Old April 1st, 2013 (5:13 AM).

Nature: Timid
                          Yay for posting during the confusion!

Haven't posted in awhile so I felt like I should, hey everyone that's just joined and welcome back to those we are posting again! etc etc.

(I was a shiny Chandelure I'm happy with life.)

"I'm ready for a nap..."
                          [YOU ARE CHALLENGED BY TIRED STUDENT RETRO BUG]
                          Pokémon:

The Meta Journey
                          Old April 1st, 2013 (8:23 AM).

Everyone, I have to confess that for the past several months our club leader, Shining Raichu and I have been in an illicit straight relationship. I know this is hard to swallow. It must feel like a betrayal, but I think the truth needs to be known. I'm very sorry, but I promise that both he and I, despite living happy heteronormative lives free of glitter and rainbows, will not betray any of the secret plans for the new gay world order.
                          Old April 1st, 2013 (8:44 AM).
                          ♩♫♩

This group is amazing. I'm joining. c:
                            Old April 1st, 2013 (9:08 AM).
                            Banned

Nature: Naughty
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by EGKangaroo View Post
                              I'm still hoping to get an Ampharos. Gay Ampharos are fabulous.
                              (Been refreshing for half an hour, everyone on this page has been an Ampharos except me)
                              Well, you doo make a pretty cool shiny scrafty though~

Anyways, I'm praying that the Supreme Court puts an end to the madness and rules in our favor~!
                              Old April 1st, 2013 (2:16 PM). Edited April 1st, 2013 by FenrirDarkWolf.
                              Water Musician Fenrir

Quote:
                                Everyone, I have to confess that for the past several months our club leader, Shining Raichu and I have been in an illicit straight relationship. I know this is hard to swallow. It must feel like a betrayal, but I think the truth needs to be known. I'm very sorry, but I promise that both he and I, despite living happy heteronormative lives free of glitter and rainbows, will not betray any of the secret plans for the new gay world order.
                                ...That is so ironic because your icon right now is Braviary, a male-only species.
                                See:

On AAO
                                On DeviantArt
                                On FurAffinity
                                Old April 3rd, 2013 (6:51 AM).

Nature: Timid
                                  So... I guess since I'm finally starting to actively post here at PC, I should probably join your little club. I was born male but first realized I was transgender about a year ago. I've read through a few pages of the thread and you guys seem pretty cool (and often hilarious). I'm looking forward to joining the group.

<3
                                  Old April 3rd, 2013 (3:53 PM).
                                  Memento mori...

Well, here's an early welcome from me. Glad you'll be joining us.

Quick Reply