• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
If I were the writer then I would have this Girl appear as Ash's Tsundere rival with similar personality as Snivy or Y-Chan (PokeSpe) Or Rika (Digimon Tamer)

Spoiler:

A girl with red ponytail and large sharp Eyes is cutter then other Anime girl.
Just imagine , A female rival like that always arguing and competing with Ash.
The anime deserve A Preteen female challenger who happen to be equally experienced and strong as Ash ! All the female challenger Ash met are ether a newbie or Airhead.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2017
The only problem i see in the anime series is that the charackters are too passive...
It were better if the series is a submission of the manga like other anmes.
i really hope for an manga style story or come back for original series!

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
The only problem i see in the anime series is that the charackters are too passive...
It were better if the series is a submission of the manga like other anmes.
i really hope for an manga style story or come back for original series!

I do hope for a manga style story, but I sure do not wish to go back to the original series. I mean come on, nothing was original back then. It was just Ash battling with his pokemon and trying to be a pokemon. To show how unoriginal it was, they only did one season. One season to beat all the Gym Leaders and participate in the pokemon league. Take a look at the Best Wishes series. They took three seasons to complete. That's the triple of Kanto. I mean, they added more plot in the newer series, but the problem with Best wishes is that they weren't used properly, although there were many positives to take out of Unova.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I thought after reading there is (yet) no Dark-gym only (so there is a fairy-gym? huh!), what pokemons Ash did (not) used?

Turns out he never had:
- ghost (not surprising, he believes catching one is impossible)
- psychic (supernatural is not Ash's thing, lol)
- fairy (well, it is fresh class...)
- steel.

Steel in itself and the sheer number of types surprised me.

---------------

Everyone thinks in season 1 Ash'd have been fine if that Abra did not evolve, because Abra only knows teleport. Whatmight be true for the games, but not the anime.
I skimmed through my chart, and Abra in the anime had more moves: psychic beam,and "energy shield" (whatever the correct name is). So no instant victory there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Ash survived Avada Kedavra TWICE!

It was a longtime mysterie what's those marks below Ash's eyes are.
Finally a clue!

vYQHrnf.png

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Every time I watch XY, I'm reminded that Team Rocket are still not as amusing as they were back in DP. I mean, their personalities effectively died in BW — but XY doesn't bring them back true-to-form.

Just look at the interactions next time you watch them, and compare.

I will.
As I just finished everything before XY, I will.

VWBelGm.png

Man, I have such a collection of screenshots! 326 pics plus a ton of Jessie. Don't judge me, she is a character with many faces.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Every time I watch XY, I'm reminded that Team Rocket are still not as amusing as they were back in DP. I mean, their personalities effectively died in BW — but XY doesn't bring them back true-to-form.

Just look at the interactions next time you watch them, and compare.

It would be cool if another Team Rocket appear in XY !
However unlike Butch and Cassidy , Those 2 new member will actually admire Jessie and James as their senior and look up to them.
However , This 2 new member of Team Rocket act So ''Lovey-Dougy'' toward each other that its will greatly annoy Jessie and James.
They also has a habit of eating Jessie & James's food and make them pay for their expense.
Also , These 2 new member are even more incompetent then Jessie and James therefore they often mess up Team Rocket's plan to steal Pikachu.
Kind a like Yoshirin and Micchi (Crayon Shin-chan)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
What Team Rocket needs is more interaction among eachother that are less involved with the kids. I mean, we've gotten TR episodes that are mainly about the Team Rocket members and those have been great but maybe one that have the trio there even less or not at all would be really great to have. I mean, they have had those in the past but none since at least DP I think? I know BW didn't have any.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well, I mean while they had tons of moments without the group in BW they really didn't have muchin comparison to say... DP. For one they never really connected with their Pokemon other than when James got his Yamask, as far as I can remember. Meanwhile in AG and DP they had plenty of episodes with their Pokemon and I feel like XY is at least doing a better job with that with the Wobbuffet episode as well as the Inkay episode.

I did like their BW incarnations or at least part of it. I did like some of their schemes that they pulled off. But what I didn't really like was what I mentioned above: the lack of interaction with their Pokemon imo. Though I do agree that I wish that they had more of a backseat more often orsomething that isn't just trying to obtain Pikachu orsome other Pokemon. More of the few episodes we have gotten so far. Maybe the performances will bring us more in regards to Jessie at the very least? Only time will tell.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Honestly I think that Team Rocket was being forced on us way too much during the end of DP. It wasn't rare to see them appear, make a weak attempt to steal the twerps' Pokémon, then be blasted off soon after. It was like their only purpose was to make the episodes fill their entire time slot ;P

BW TR didn't have to be as serious as it was, nor did Jessie have to ditch Wobbuffet like she did, but I did like the way that BW TR turned out. I think BW TR was more experimental, whereas XY TR is a good balance between the classic foolishness of old TR with the greater sensibility of BW TR.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
When I heard Serena is Ash's childhood friend , I expected their relationship like this--

tumblr_inline_n26mkjYgBW1sycnny.gif

But it turn out Ash & Serena has the most Formal relationship!
It doesn't matter how many alone time they spend or has Doki Doki moment !
As long as She & Ash maintain their ''Polite term of Speech'' , Their will not be Close .
Off course , Serena personality is similar to Mio (That girl with Long hair) ! However XY Ash is just too polite to tease her that way while Serena is too passive to scold Ash.
That the main problem with Current Ash , He act way too politely ! Original Ash wouldn't hesitant to play prank on his friend & tease them.
Development has nothing to do with this ! No matter how much development a character goes though , he still keep his old personality.
Take Tyson (Beyblade) for example ! He gone though many development but he still kept his old personality ! He didn't started to act as polite and Gentle as Max (Beyblade) to show his maturity.

I do like the suggestion that TR's bonds with their Pokémon weren't there in BW. (They didn't even try to fix this once TR came back into prime time.) I do feel though as if they still aren't emphasising the bonds enough. If the Pokémon they had since DP had returned, on the other hand…

The Problem isn't their bond with Pokemon ! The problem is their bond with Protagonist and their own development .
You see , They never suppose to be serious villain as some BW-fans wanted ! They are more ''Ice-King'' type (Adventure time) of villain .
Villain like this usually form a strong Bond with Protagonist but there is no development between them & Ash's relationship.
Also , They stop growing after Original series because of the series ''Endlessness'' !
If Pokemon had an end then TR would find a positive goal in life rather then wasting their life as Villain.
I mean , What future do you want for TR ? Spending rest of their life in Jail ?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Sorry, Famon. There's so many faults in your logic in my opinion that I don't even know to begin.

It would have been interesting if more than just Wobbuffet returned to the trio in XY but at the same time I can see why they did it (though it was basically for advertisement or whatever reasons). I'm happy that they brought back Wobbuffet and showed how close him and Jessie are to eachother again and right now I think the biggest thing I want to see is something special between Jessie and her Pumpkaboo.

Spoiler:

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
That the main problem with Current Ash , He act way too politely ! Original Ash wouldn't hesitant to play prank on his friend & tease them.
Huh. For what may be the first time since I've been posting here, I actually agree with Famon on something - well, to an extent, anyway. I don't think he needs to revert back to his OS-era characterization (for the most part, that would be BW), the writers just need to find a better balance with him.

XY has, for the most part (and especially in the last dozen or so episodes), presented Satoshi as a strong trainer who can sometimes even be pretty insightful, and that's great - something sorely missing from the last series. But I don't like how that seems to have come at the cost of a defined personality, entertaining relationships to the rest of his friends, or any consistent personal flaws or challenges. Satoshi should ideally be a balance of both. Where's Satoshi's drive to do better? Where's the passion for his goal that sometimes overrides his common sense? Where's his competitiveness with rivals? Where's his deep love for Pokémon? These used to be what defined Satoshi's characterization - and not just in the OS, by the way - but they're sorely missing in XY.

I mean, they're obviously still meant to be there. Characters will often remark on how fired up Satoshi is, or how hard he works to become stronger, or how much he loves Pokémon. But it's rare that any of this is shown. And while it's been great to see Satoshi kicking some ass again after Best Wishes, it'd be even better if he could have all that back, too. Satoshi rarely has a reaction to losing anymore, he doesn't get a lot of chances to spend one-on-one time to bond with his Pokémon, there's little any indication he's seriously concerned about beating rivals like Tierno, and despite still retaining some essence of childishness, he's somehow too level-headed most of the time to get himself into trouble when he lets his impulsiveness get the best of him.

His relationship with the other characters, namely Serena and Eureka, suffers from this. Satoshi had a different way interacting with Kasumi, Takeshi, Haruka, Masato, Hikari, Iris, and Dent. Satoshi plays off Citron well enough, but he'll treat Serena and Eureka about the same as he would any COTD, which makes his relationships to both rather one-note. The writers could emphasize the differences in Satoshi and Serena's interests more. They don't need to fight or anything, but imagine the potential in scenarios like Satoshi helping her own with her showcases or having to go shopping with her or something... y'know, stuff that'd take Satoshi (who has no interest in these things) out of his comfort zone. And then you have potential scenarios of Satoshi and Eureka getting overexcited about a Pokémon or something, getting in trouble, and the potential drama/comedy that results from the both of them having to slow down and think their way out of a situation.

And then there's his Pokémon. If Satoshi is only defined by one thing, it's his love for Pokémon. In AG and DP, Satoshi had formed a believable, genuine bond with all of his Pokémon, got chances to teach them something, and even learned a little bit about them after their captures. Even the more ones that were eventually shafted, like Cotoise and Dodaitose, got something to demonstrate the bond he had with them. But in XY, the best relationship Satoshi has ever had with one of his Pokémon this series was Numelgon, which was in his party for all of fifteen episodes and then left. Gekogashira, Hinoyakoma, and Luchabull have had far more opportunities, and Satoshi's bond with them still doesn't feel anywhere near as good.

... ugh, this turned into a rant. I don't hate Satoshi or anything. Even at his worst in XY, he's still nowhere near as bad as BW, just inoffensively boring. And he's still has his good moments. I just wish the writers would do more with him.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wonder about The Alternate Ash from Hoopa shot !
He's definitely another Ash from another universe who's traveling alone and often has to deal with Hoopa's mischief.

Also In term of Romance , I prefer if the Anime created a female version of Paul for Ash.
A cute but quite girl who doesn't talk to others take an interest in Ash due to his unique connection to pokemon.
She should show ''semi-canonize'' feeling for Ash ! That way , People will be more interest in the series to know if she really has a crush on Ash or not

I also wish to see Ash's old habit of saying Wrong thing at wrong time and getting smack for it.
Remember how Misty smacked Ash when he said that Misty is like a ''Brother'' to him ! And then Brock & Pikachu pray for Ash to get a better sense at saying right thing at right time.

Huh. For what may be the first time since I've been posting here, I actually agree with Famon on something - well, to an extent, anyway. I don't think he needs to revert back to his OS-era characterization (for the most part, that would be BW), the writers just need to find a better balance with him.

I like to clear the confusion about BW Ash being like Original Ash.
Because BW Ash is nothing like Original Ash ! I know Because I watch & rewatched the original series over & over.
Original Ash was arrogant , Egoistic , Playful & feisty ! He also shown interest in girls and actually understood when TR & others teased him about him & Misty
He personality was similar to Gold (PokeSpe), Tyson (Beyblade) or Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
Compare to that , BW Ash was nothing more then a stupider & Weaker version of DP Ash!
If we take Competency and Battling skill out of equation then there is no difference between BW Ash & DP Ash.

Back