• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] "The Legends Of Gaia: A Journey Ahead"

FloofyIncineroar

The fluffiest giant kitty.
Years
Name: Samantha Elizabeth Johnson
Nickname: Most call her Sam, though she responds to her full first name as well.
Personality: She doesn't really hang around people, though it isn't that she's shy, it's just that Sam doesn't know how to socially interact. She normally minds her own business and doesn't really notice anyone around her unless someone tries to talk to her, to which she'll respond but won't try to carry on the conversation. She may try to act "cool" like her former colleagues and peers, but quickly abandons the act since she gets bored with it or simply just can't keep it up. Sam seems to be simple-minded (and she does indeed have an one-track mind at times), but she has more going on in her head than it appears and may surprise you with something she considers "useless trivia". If there are domesticated Pokemon nearby, you'll be guaranteed she'll try to pet it.
Appearance: This brown-eyed blonde wears articles of clothing that remains from her past involvement with Team Skull. While she has long since abandoned most of her Team Skull uniform, she still wears the shirts commonly worn by Grunts and still wears the bandanna, partially because of how she thinks it looks cool. However, she has ditched the white shorts for blue jeans that reach down to her ankles.
Hometown: She is from Malie City, Alola, though she eventually went to Po Town.
Inventory: Nope.
Sexuality: Asexual.
Backstory: Samantha, as mentioned before, grew up in Malie City on Ula'ula Island. Her family wasn't rich, but they weren't dirt poor. However, her family life was...unhappy, to say the least. However, she had always had one major interest--Pokemon battling. She'd watch the public battling tournaments whenever they were on. Her mother and father weren't willing too spend too much money on getting a Pokemon Egg since they were going to spend enough sending her out to Melemele Island to begin her trial, so they bought her a Yungoos Egg and had her hatch it to give her something to start with.
The Normal-type trial proved difficult for her, and after many attempts at the first trial with just her Yungoos, she was eventually forced to go back to Ula'ula Island. Feeling ashamed and partially fearing their reaction, she ran away at age sixteen. She eventually joined Team Skull in order to have a place to call home, though she wasn't very good at taking Pokemon, and always had to have to come with her peers so she won't try to just play with the Pokemon. She eventually started working various odd jobs while Sam was a Skull grunt, and after two years, she took a ride to Gaia to start fresh.
Occupation: As mentioned, she was a Team Skull grunt, and technically still is. But she just considers herself a normal Trainer.
First Impression: She may appear aloof (which she kind of is) to those who meet her at this. Some may even perceive her as rude.
Theme Song: None, really.
Fears/Phobias: She has a fear of heights.
Family: A mother and a father in Malie City, though she hasn't seen them in a long time.
Goals: To learn and hone battle strategies and to become stronger.
Others: None really.
Starter and Type of Test: A female Yungoos named Goober (moveset: Tackle, Leer, Pursuit, Work Up, Revenge), no test. The reason for having a Yungoos is that it was the Pokemon Egg given she was given in Alola, and she's still going to start with Goober for Gaia.

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Name: Samantha Elizabeth Johnson
Nickname: Most call her Sam, though she responds to her full first name as well.
Personality: She doesn't really hang around people, though it isn't that she's shy, it's just that Sam doesn't know how to socially interact. She normally minds her own business and doesn't really notice anyone around her unless someone tries to talk to her, to which she'll respond but won't try to carry on the conversation. She may try to act "cool" like her former colleagues and peers, but quickly abandons the act since she gets bored with it or simply just can't keep it up. Sam seems to be simple-minded (and she does indeed have an one-track mind at times), but she has more going on in her head than it appears and may surprise you with something she considers "useless trivia". If there are domesticated Pokemon nearby, you'll be guaranteed she'll try to pet it.
Appearance: This brown-eyed blonde wears articles of clothing that remains from her past involvement with Team Skull. While she has long since abandoned most of her Team Skull uniform, she still wears the shirts commonly worn by Grunts and still wears the bandanna, partially because of how she thinks it looks cool. However, she has ditched the white shorts for blue jeans that reach down to her ankles.
Hometown: She is from Malie City, Alola, though she eventually went to Po Town.
Inventory: Nope.
Sexuality: Asexual.
Backstory: Samantha, as mentioned before, grew up in Malie City on Ula'ula Island. Her family wasn't rich, but they weren't dirt poor. However, her family life was...unhappy, to say the least. However, she had always had one major interest--Pokemon battling. She'd watch the public battling tournaments whenever they were on. Her mother and father weren't willing too spend too much money on getting a Pokemon Egg since they were going to spend enough sending her out to Melemele Island to begin her trial, so they bought her a Yungoos Egg and had her hatch it to give her something to start with.
The Normal-type trial proved difficult for her, and after many attempts at the first trial with just her Yungoos, she was eventually forced to go back to Ula'ula Island. Feeling ashamed and partially fearing their reaction, she ran away at age sixteen. She eventually joined Team Skull in order to have a place to call home, though she wasn't very good at taking Pokemon, and always had to have to come with her peers so she won't try to just play with the Pokemon. She eventually started working various odd jobs while Sam was a Skull grunt, and after two years, she took a ride to Gaia to start fresh.
Occupation: As mentioned, she was a Team Skull grunt, and technically still is. But she just considers herself a normal Trainer.
First Impression: She may appear aloof (which she kind of is) to those who meet her at this. Some may even perceive her as rude.
Theme Song: None, really.
Fears/Phobias: She has a fear of heights.
Family: A mother and a father in Malie City, though she hasn't seen them in a long time.
Goals: To learn and hone battle strategies and to become stronger.
Others: None really.
Starter and Type of Test: A female Yungoos named Goober, no test.

I can't accept you yet. It misses some details. Such, Yungoos' moves, the reason of you not going with any of the starters, and what the heck is an "Odd Job"?

FloofyIncineroar

Years
I can't accept you yet. It misses some details. Such, Yungoos' moves, the reason of you not going with any of the starters, and what the heck is an "Odd Job"?

Odd jobs are what I believe to be random jobs you do for money, like painting fences and stuff like that.

As for the Yungoos's moveset, I'll get to work on that and edit to the main post.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Odd jobs are what I believe to be random jobs you do for money, like painting fences and stuff like that.

As for the Yungoos's moveset, I'll get to work on that and edit to the main post.

Oh i see. Once you have moveset and reason for starter, you are accepted.

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku
Years
  • Age 28
  • US
  • Seen Feb 8, 2017
Name: Ward Wolfe

Nickname: Wolfy (Teasing from Friends), White Wolf (Street Title)

Personality: Ward is cool and confident. He thinks highly of himself, and isn't afraid of much, so he's naturally taken the role of a leader in his group of friends. He's quick to fight and isn't afraid of conflict, even with Pokemon. If something is bothering him, he'll confront it. Though most of his fights aren't started because he picked them, but more because he's not the politest of people. He speaks openly, unconcerned of what others think of what he's saying. Despite giving the impression of being full of himself, growing up on the streets has made him cunning and perceptive, and his role as a caretaker for some of his younger friends has given him a rare, gentle side for those weaker than him. Though this side of him is overshadowed by his confidence and rudeness. He's incredibly driven, and will not accept failure easily.

Appearance:
p1KPbXz.jpg

Hometown: Saffron City, Kanto

Inventory: Knife, Lighters, Extra Clothes, Water Bottle, Rations, Blankets (1 Waterproof), Focus Band (Obtained at the Dojo)

Backstory: Ward is a street rat from Saffron City. His mother left him and his father when he was seven due to his father's abusive behavior, which only got worse and Ward became the victim of soon after. Ward spent as much time as he could on the streets away from home. He found a family in other children and teens from impoverish and bad homes. Although he stayed away from the roughest crowds, he still took part in his share of thievery and violence. His attitude made him good at picking fights, whether he wanted them or not, and he quickly gained a reputation of a fighter. To survive, he got stronger and cleverer, even turning to the local Dojo for training. Eventually he used his fighting skills to his advantage and started fighting people and even some Pokemon for money and other prizes in the underground fighting rings.

Things went on like this for quite a while until one evening Ward came across someone being mugged. He confronted the muggers, and after a short fight where he received a cut to the face and a few bruises on his arms, he scared them off. The person he saved was grateful to him, and offered to treat him to dinner as thanks, introducing himself as Bill, a Pokemon Researcher visiting Saffron for some business. Bill told Ward about his friend Celio needing help, and that he thought Ward would be more than capable for the quest. Ward was hesitant to leave his friends and everything he knew and initially declined, but after receiving encouragement that night from his friends who thought it would be a good opportunity for him to find something better, he contacted Bill and was put in contact with Celio.

First Impression: Ward has a confident aura to him. He holds his head high and has a sharp, determined look in his eyes. His attitude can give people the impression he's looking down on them, which is only amplified by him speaking openly without regard to whether what he's saying will offend people.

Theme Song: Not Afraid to Die by Written By Wolves

Fears/Phobias: He's uncomfortable around unfamiliar girls.

Family: Ward does not regard his birth parents as his family after the abandonment and abuse. Instead, he has a group of friends he grew up with on the streets that he sees as his brothers and sisters. He is on the middle to older side of the group, so he has those who have cared for him, and those he's had to care for.

Goals: He's "looking for something better." His friends encouraged him and believed in him, so he's determined to come back successful.

Others: He's left handed, and currently has his right hand wrapped due to a minor sprain. He has a still-healing cut on his left cheek from the night he fought off Bill's muggers.

Starter:
Riolu, The Emanation Pokemon
2447-Shiny-Riolu.png

Fighting Type
- Nasty Plot
- Force Palm
- Ice Punch
- Blaze Kick
- Double Team
- Swords Dance

Type of Test: Loyalty
"This Pokemon is only given to if the Pokemon feels it's okay, or if the trainer promises to be loyal. To pass the test, both Trainer and Pokemon must stick together no matter what, or where." - Celio

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Name: Ward Wolfe

Nickname: Wolfy (Teasing from Friends), White Wolf (Street Title)

Personality: Ward is cool and confident. He thinks highly of himself, and isn't afraid of much, so he's naturally taken the role of a leader in his group of friends. He's quick to fight and isn't afraid of conflict, even with Pokemon. If something is bothering him, he'll confront it. Though most of his fights aren't started because he picked them, but more because he's not the politest of people. He speaks openly, unconcerned of what others think of what he's saying. Despite giving the impression of being full of himself, growing up on the streets has made him cunning and perceptive, and his role as a caretaker for some of his younger friends has given him a rare, gentle side for those weaker than him. Though this side of him is overshadowed by his confidence and rudeness. He's incredibly driven, and will not accept failure easily.

Appearance:
p1KPbXz.jpg

Hometown: Saffron City, Kanto

Inventory: Knife, Lighters, Extra Clothes, Water Bottle, Rations, Blankets (1 Waterproof), Focus Band (Obtained at the Dojo)

Backstory: Ward is a street rat from Saffron City. His mother left him and his father when he was seven due to his father's abusive behavior, which only got worse and Ward became the victim of soon after. Ward spent as much time as he could on the streets away from home. He found a family in other children and teens from impoverish and bad homes. Although he stayed away from the roughest crowds, he still took part in his share of thievery and violence. His attitude made him good at picking fights, whether he wanted them or not, and he quickly gained a reputation of a fighter. To survive, he got stronger and cleverer, even turning to the local Dojo for training. Eventually he used his fighting skills to his advantage and started fighting people and even some Pokemon for money and other prizes in the underground fighting rings.

Things went on like this for quite a while until one evening Ward came across someone being mugged. He confronted the muggers, and after a short fight where he received a cut to the face and a few bruises on his arms, he scared them off. The person he saved was grateful to him, and offered to treat him to dinner as thanks, introducing himself as Bill, a Pokemon Researcher visiting Saffron for some business. Bill told Ward about his friend Celio needing help, and that he thought Ward would be more than capable for the quest. Ward was hesitant to leave his friends and everything he knew and initially declined, but after receiving encouragement that night from his friends who thought it would be a good opportunity for him to find something better, he contacted Bill and was put in contact with Celio.

First Impression: Ward has a confident aura to him. He holds his head high and has a sharp, determined look in his eyes. His attitude can give people the impression he's looking down on them, which is only amplified by him speaking openly without regard to whether what he's saying will offend people.

Theme Song: Not Afraid to Die by Written By Wolves

Fears/Phobias: He's uncomfortable around unfamiliar girls.

Family: Ward does not regard his birth parents as his family after the abandonment and abuse. Instead, he has a group of friends he grew up with on the streets that he sees as his brothers and sisters. He is on the middle to older side of the group, so he has those who have cared for him, and those he's had to care for.

Goals: He's "looking for something better." His friends encouraged him and believed in him, so he's determined to come back successful.

Others: He's left handed, and currently has his right hand wrapped due to a minor sprain. He has a still-healing cut on his left cheek from the night he fought off Bill's muggers.

Starter:
Riolu, The Emanation Pokemon
2447-Shiny-Riolu.png

Fighting Type
- Nasty Plot
- Force Palm
- Ice Punch
- Blaze Kick
- Double Team
- Swords Dance

Type of Test: Loyalty
"This Pokemon is only given to if the Pokemon feels it's okay, or if the trainer promises to be loyal. To pass the test, both Trainer and Pokemon must stick together no matter what, or where." - Celio

Ward Wolfe is accepted. Nice SU dude. Really cool looking. I'll add Ward in a bit.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Working on my second post. So yeah. Are you guys working on your First/Second Post?

FloofyIncineroar

Years
Working on my second post. So yeah. Are you guys working on your First/Second Post?

I've already made my first post, and I plan to have Sam arrive at the lab by the time my second post begins. Though I likely won't post yet because that would be double posting, so I'm gonna wait for another post before I do so.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I've already made my first post, and I plan to have Sam arrive at the lab by the time my second post begins. Though I likely won't post yet because that would be double posting, so I'm gonna wait for another post before I do so.

Cool. I still have to work on my Second Post to probably set things off, but school is saying me to dive into the Bottomless Pit of Books.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Indeed. But life is a bit annoying to stop me from post. But anyway, i prefer waiting for more people to do second post before i do mine.

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
Okay, thanks. I was just worried. I absolutely love all of the characters we've created and I'd hate to see this RP suffer an abrupt end.

Unfortunately, this probably won't be the last time I check. I'm a pretty paranoid person.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Okay, thanks. I was just worried. I absolutely love all of the characters we've created and I'd hate to see this RP suffer an abrupt end.

Unfortunately, this probably won't be the last time I check. I'm a pretty paranoid person.

Yeah, it took me a lot to think through. But if this suffers an abrupt end, i, Mr. Gelius, have a backup plan. You don't do stuff without thinking them through, am i right? Still, thanks for the support you gave me. And the lack of activities could have been due to the password problems.

IlluminateRipple

Reader of Books. And other things
Years
Okay be prepared.
Name: Nora Agnara

Age: 14 (It was the first thing she considered after getting the letter)

Nickname: Sometimes called "Valiant", she's known for having a strong will and being the first person to step up to do something

Personality: Nora is really determined and pretty much gets what she wants. She has a short temper and Nora knows it, but that doesn't help. She believes whatever junk you tell her as long as it's semi-reasonable, which has led her to a few pranks now and then. Once, she did the Ice Bucket challenge with her friends, with Nora being the only one to actually do it.

Appearance: She's got mid-tone skin, shoulder-length dark rich brown hair and almost black eyes. She's usally wearing her LITleo hoodie, beige jeans and some flats.

Hometown: Floaroma Town, Sinnoh

Inventory: a Litleo charm that one of her friends gave her(see, its her favoutite Pok?), and some berry juice (for her)

Sexuality: I'll be Straight

Backstory: Nora is the second child of Delia and Hayden who are both Pok?mon breeders. She has a older brother, Edan who is a part-time berry farmer(he gave her the Berry Juice) and her family moved to Gaia when she was 6, because the there are more berries there and they had a trainer's school there (let's roll with it). Before she moved to Gaia, the manger of Pick a Peck of Colors showed her how to grow berries at Floaroma Meadow.

In Gaia, when she was 11, Nora finally persuaded her parents to get her a Pokemon. Her parents decided to send her to the trainer's school to learn about types and stats before she got one. There, she met Leah, who wants to shiny hunt, and Avery, who wants to EV train. Sometimes they would go to Leah's place and take the family Gogoat for a ride. Nora wants to be able to master mega evolution, and she's sure that she will be able to. Then Celio's letter comes around...

Occupation: Nora sometimes helped around the berry farm where her brother worked at, making some pocket money. Apart from that, she's just a student at the trainer's school.

First Impression: Nora dresses in bold warm tones that really catch your eye. She's seems like the kind of person who could bash you head the table several times without a second thought if you got on the wrong side of her. Imagine Nora with narrowed eyes and a death glare...BAM! She's the scariest person you know.

Theme Song: Does Glitchxcity's Hau'oli City Remix count? Because I love that thing

Fears/Phobias: Losing Control. And Muks. Especially Alolan Muks so, poisonous.

Family: Mother Delia, Father Hayden and Brother Edan

Goals: To train as a... well, trainer (And farm berries)

Others: She's allergic to Old Gateau. Its something they put in it...

Starter and Type of Test: Poochyena, The Bite Pokemon
Type: Dark
Moves:
- Bite
- Swagger
- Poison Fang
- Play Rough
- Thunder Fang
- Counter
Type Of Test: Bravery: "Taking this Little Pokemon Named Poochyena, you take on the Bravery Tests, to test both Trainer and Pokemon's Willpower and Bravery. To pass it, you must not fear failure. Be brave, and adventure forth!" - Celio

Back