• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
Hey this isn't a spoiler or anything but, like, that Luxray didn't die did it? Like did they actual show a Pokemon die. That...Luxray looked all dead and stuff, but that can't be right. I know Pokemon can die because my mom says everything dies, but I didn't think Pokemon would show them dying in the movie.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yes Luxray froze to death protecting Sorrel from the cold. They didn't confirm it, but it is strongly hinted. I mean Ash also died in the movie as well. And this isn't the first time a pokemon has died this year. In the anime, another pokemon died.

And Lucario also died in the Lucario and the Mystery of Mew movie.

Tak

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 20, 2017
Mew also died in the Mirage Pokemon special.
Honestly though idk why Luxray didn't just pick the kid up and carry him to safety.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Hey this isn't a spoiler or anything but, like, that Luxray didn't die did it? Like did they actual show a Pokemon die. That...Luxray looked all dead and stuff, but that can't be right. I know Pokemon can die because my mom says everything dies, but I didn't think Pokemon would show them dying in the movie.

Say what? After they made the show more kid friendly than in late 90s they return to Death like in the games/manga?

Love Ash's dying thought, it was priceless {XD} gonna upgrade my fanfic in witch (sp) i kill him after my male Entei killed his Pikachu

Back