• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Type Combinations

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
What new type combinations would you like to see in the future?

I've always wanted to see a Bug/Dragon-type. I think of Heracross or Pinsir crossed with a dragon of some kind. I'd also like to see a Fire/Grass-type. I always think of a tree on fire that looks somewhat similar to Trevenant.

Ultra Sun

Yes this is PC user Sun lol
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 29, 2022
First that Dragon Bug type sounds sexy AF. Yanmega could have been one, because it's a dragonfly. :p

I'd really like to see Poison/Ice, Dark/Fairy, Fairy/Fighting,
and the following two types in particular:

Ice/Fire, very contrasting but it sounds like a dangerous and fun typing, strong offensive typing yet horrible defensive typing. stat wise it can go similar to Weavile's or it can be even a Special variant (stat wise) of Weavile's. Maybe a wizard inspired design would be nice.

Grass/Fire, my Grass/Fire would be a sunflower Pokémon yes I know sunflora, but it's yucky in so many ways

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
We need more combinations of the starter types because they're sooo gooood, especially the Grass/Fire typing which has never been used as of now.

Years
I'm with Angelo there. If we already got a Water/Grass and Fire/Water Pokemon, I would love to see a Grass/Fire Pokemon come, and I think a burning tree would make an ideal design for such a Pokemon.

Also, I'd really love to see Normal/Ghost happen. Maybe a possessed stuffed toy?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
New typings for new pokemon are cool but I'd like to see some given to old pokemon like how Altaria via mega became Dragon/Fairy

Grass/Fire to Sunflora mega or alternate form. Sunflora is fantastic despite it being trashed on as forgettable or weak

Normal/ghost to Girafarig mega or alt form. It looks like it could be a ghost with its tail

I just realized, Banette is a possessed toy sort of. A normal/ghost typing would have worked probably

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm with Angelo there. If we already got a Water/Grass and Fire/Water Pokemon, I would love to see a Grass/Fire Pokemon come, and I think a burning tree would make an ideal design for such a Pokemon.

Also, I'd really love to see Normal/Ghost happen. Maybe a possessed stuffed toy?

Normal/Ghost eh? Normal weakness to Fighting would be off-set by Ghost typing but that still leaves Ghost weakness in Dark and Ghost type moves. Interesting combo I'll admit. Grass/Fire is also intriguing as Grass weakness to Fire is reduced thanks to Fire typing while Fire weakness to Water is reduced thanks to Grass typing. Synergy and yet still vulnerable to other types.

Mega Evolutions would be the ideal means of achieving this imo.

blue

gucci
Years
Dark/Bug, Poison/Fairy, Fire/Ice, Electric/Dark, Ice/Poison and Fire/Fairy would all be cool! I'd also like to see a Dragon/Fairy-type that isn't a mega evolved Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I'd like to see a Poison/Fairy type. It could look like an evil fairy.

Years
There was a Pokestar Studios movie with one IIRC...

I think Ice/Bug or Steel/Ice would be interesting, but it would have a double weakness to fire like Durant does... Fairy/Fighting would also be neat.

Except I don't consider Pokestar Studios bosses as real Pokemon.

Also, we already got an Ice/Steel in 7th Gen with the Alolan Sandshrew line. Though it would be nice to see one outside of alternate forms of older Pokemon.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
A fire/fairy type pokemon based off a pika for the new 'chu' of gen 8.

Pikas can't stand heat, so that would be an interesting typing for a pika pokemon (pikas are actual animals for those who don't know. look them up. :P I wonder if they all died out now, due to global warming....)

Also a new chu that isn't an electric type is something new that the creators haven't done yet xD

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Still waiting on my grass/fire starter type.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
We're running out of options without more types, but in the long run, I would honestly like to see every combination at least once.

It just sucks when we get a really interesting combo, like Fire/Water, it turns out to be limited to just one Pokemon that's a boring legendary that's not even released.

And to be completely frank, the most interesting unique type to me wasn't even dual, it was just "Flying".
I want to see that more. Seriously.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 3, 2019
I've always thought an anthropomorphic chili would be perfect for Grass/Fire.

Agree that a non-legendary Water/Fire typing would be nice to see too, though I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Maybe something themed around nuclear power? Or undersea vents?

And to be completely frank, the most interesting unique type to me wasn't even dual, it was just "Flying". I want to see that more. Seriously.

Has there actually been a lone Flying type yet? It's always struck me as odd that pretty much every "pure" Flying type has been paired with Normal.

Now that Water/Fire has been done, let's see if Game Freak can top that with a Fire/Ice Pokemon.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a Remorhaz from Dungeons & Dragons.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I've always thought an anthropomorphic chili would be perfect for Grass/Fire.

Agree that a non-legendary Water/Fire typing would be nice to see too, though I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Maybe something themed around nuclear power? Or undersea vents?

Has there actually been a lone Flying type yet? It's always struck me as odd that pretty much every "pure" Flying type has been paired with Normal.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a Remorhaz from Dungeons & Dragons.

Yeah, just one. This guy:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tornadus_(Pokémon)

Too bad he's pretty boring and a pseudo-legendary.

Back