• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BW Gender Selector updated for 18v

Years
Introduction

How is it going, everybody?

Some time ago, I've posted this resource on the Pokécommunity Script, Tutorials, and Tools board, and I was planning to post it here too. It just took me a while to figure out how to do it, but here it is.

Long story short, I was looking through the internet and I found a very neat resource that may help you in your projects. That is, the Pokemon Essentials BW - Gender Selector by KleinStudio. Unfortunately, the original script was made to a much older version of the Essentials. But, I was able to update it for the newest version of Essentials and I thought it was best to share it with you.

Compatibility

This script supports Pokémon Essentials v21.

Pictures

Spoiler:

Version v21 Instructions

Download the file BW Gender Selector.rar with the graphics and the plugin through the link below, extract the files and paste the folders Graphics and Plugins in your project main folder. Further instructions are included in BWGenderSettings file.

Individual Download

Credits

If your use this resource, please credit it as BW Gender Selector.

Original version by KleinStudio

• Updated Version for Essentials v18 by DeepBlue PacificWaves
  • Updated Version for Essentials v19 byTechSkylander1518
  • Updated Gender Bar graphics by LinKazamine

Edit #1: Add the link to the Dropbox file.
Edit #2: The script BW Gender Selector has gone through some changes, such as:

- Added support to Plugin Manager
- Minor changes in the text

Attachments

• genderselect.png
    genderselect.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 58
  • introBoy.png
    introBoy.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 582
  • introGirl.png
    introGirl.png
    5 KB · Views: 586
Last edited:
Years
Support to Pokémon Essentials v19 added!!!

Hey guys, how are you doing?

I'm very happy to announce that the script it's now compatible with Pokémon Essentials v19, thanks to TechSkylander1518, that kindly took his time to go through the process of updating the script. I took this opportunity to remake the Script Layout as well, to look more like my recent scripts.

I've also updated the image files, in order to remove the libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile warning in the Debug Log. My recommendation is to anyone that uses this resource to Download it again just to grab yourself the new, lighter image files.

And, I think this is it for now folks. Hope y'all are having a great day =D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 30, 2022
Got an issue. So on v20 selecting the female option just defaults to the male.

Years
Support to Pokémon Essentials v21 added!

Changelog

• BW Gender Selector now supports Pokémon Essentials v21
    • Because of that, older versions are, as for now, deprecated
  • The graphics bar was fixed, thanks to the efforts of user LinKazamine
    • The script credits were updated in order to reflect this change
  • Minor changes on how the script handles the trainer's zoom when not selected, thanks a bug reported by the user SirWeibrot

Days
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 8, 2023
Hello there! Where do I call the "pbGenderSelector" in the BWGenderSettings? How to call it, I'm new at this language, mb :(.

Also, do you have a copy or an older version of it? (v20), can you possibly send it? thanks!

Back