• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
*facepalm* I figured out the problem... I was using a save state instead of starting from the beginning to test it out so it didn't remove the map scripts. Thanks everyone!

dd409

For the Swarm!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 4, 2013
Does anyone have a copy of the IPS for Wichu's Emerald decapitalization patch? The only link in existence is his link to 2Shared, which it seems is dead; I've looked, and it seems like no one else on the entirety of the internet has it hosted somewhere else.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Karatekid552? Can you give me adress to CRY ASM Pointer? Without Adress I do not do anything. You said that you know that routine adress.

Does anyone have a copy of the IPS for Wichu's Emerald decapitalization patch? The only link in existence is his link to 2Shared, which it seems is dead; I've looked, and it seems like no one else on the entirety of the internet has it hosted somewhere else.

You do not need this Patch to Decapitalization. Only what you need is ITEM and Pokemon Editors. <For Pokemon i Preffer POKEMON EDITOR from GBA POKEMON EDITOR set. And rewrite names but without CAPS LOCK mode XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2013
Hi, when I use open script in advance map, the script is always different from the one I made from before. Is there anyway to convert it back to normal or will I need to save all my scripts for future editing?

Thanks in advance =)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023

while the others may say you don't need this, it does save your time. check the attachment. (i found it on may last year, the link's dead now lol)
EDIT: what? it's already answered :s

now i want to ask noob question:
in hackmew's free space finder, what do i do with "skip interval"? do i have to fill it the same as the "needed bytes"? or just leave it 0? thanks

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Hi, when I use open script in advance map, the script is always different from the one I made from before. Is there anyway to convert it back to normal or will I need to save all my scripts for future editing?

Thanks in advance =)

I'm not sure if XSE has this function, but in pksv you can save your script so you can edit it later. You can also keep a text document or something.

dd409

For the Swarm!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 4, 2013
I uploaded it here for you.

I appreciate it, but that looks like the Fire Red one. I'm looking for the one he made for Emerald.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found an Emerald decap done by dkp in the Rom Hacking Resources thread.

Karatekid552? Can you give me adress to CRY ASM Pointer? Without Adress I do not do anything. You said that you know that routine adress.

You do not need this Patch to Decapitalization. Only what you need is ITEM and Pokemon Editors. <For Pokemon i Preffer POKEMON EDITOR from GBA POKEMON EDITOR set. And rewrite names but without CAPS LOCK mode XD

I know I could and it wouldn't be difficult, but it would be incredibly time consuming. There's no need to reinvent the wheel unless it's necessary. There's a lot of text that would need decapping, and if someone else has done it before it would be a better time saver to use that as a base.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Question: are there any scripting tutorials for DS PKMN games? Preferably for HG/SS or B/W. :3
I've been searching for hours yesterday, but I only found one, which was to make simple text speeches. :/

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
It is the only? Thanks in advance.

I know that there are some other DS trainer editors lying around in the Toolbox sub-forum, but I don't think that they can edit all of the trainers, just Gym Leaders and people like that. Maybe if you dig deep enough you might be able to find one. You could also hex edit the trainers, which wouldn't be too hard if you knew the offsets.

now i want to ask noob question:
in hackmew's free space finder, what do i do with "skip interval"? do i have to fill it the same as the "needed bytes"? or just leave it 0? thanks

Skip interval would be how many bytes separate each search. You can just leave it at 16, it doesn't really matter as long as you click Search instead of Find Next.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

dd409

For the Swarm!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 4, 2013
Does anyone know where in Emerald the data for the experience formula is located? I'd like to try implementing something like the Gen V exp gain system in Gen III, so I want to play around with the formula a bit.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
So, I'm scripting with XSE, and whenever I edit my scripts it forces me to use a new offset... I've made two scripts starting from 800000 and now I'm already on 800800 because it uses the next offset every time I compile. Is there a way to recompile over an offset I've already used?

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Is it possible to tell if two ips patches will work on the same rom and if it will overwrite data or not?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is it possible to tell if two ips patches will work on the same rom and if it will overwrite data or not?

miksy91 gave me a method of figuring out the contents of a patch through a hex editor.
Maybe it'll be useful for your purposes as well. :3

miksy91 said:
Open the ips-file with a hex editor and the go to offset 0x5 (five first bytes are PATCH in ASCII code and have nothing to do with the "changing the rom" itself). The bytes in offsets from 0x5 to 0x7 determine the first offset in the "unmodified" rom to write new data to. If that offset is smaller than 6B 09 F8 (blank data FF FF FF... starts here in Ruby (U) rom), go to that offset with a hex editor (if it is for example 0A C7 23 = 0xAC723) and see what's written in there in "umodified" and "modified (buggy)" rom. You can easily change that data back to normal. After the 3-byte offset (in ips-file), there are always two bytes telling how many bytes to re-write in that offset and after these two bytes, the bytes to write there.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Does anyone know where in Emerald the data for the experience formula is located? I'd like to try implementing something like the Gen V exp gain system in Gen III, so I want to play around with the formula a bit.

Do you know ASM? Cause it isn't just byte editing. It is an actual routine. Changing it will be much harder than finding it, so if you can't find it by yourself, good luck man.

So, I'm scripting with XSE, and whenever I edit my scripts it forces me to use a new offset... I've made two scripts starting from 800000 and now I'm already on 800800 because it uses the next offset every time I compile. Is there a way to recompile over an offset I've already used?

If you are recompiling the script over and over, put #clean above #Dynamic. It will erase the last compiled script. This only works if you didn't close XSE in between, I think.

Example:

Code:
#Clean
#dynamic 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @01 0x2
release
end

#org @01
= Test.

Besides the method posted by DJG, you could also (if it is two small patches), patch two different roms and compare the data using analysis in HxD and do stuff like that. I would stay away from ips patching multiple times, unless the author tells you explicitly what was changed and where it was placed, like I did with JPAN's save block recycler and Driver's/my battle bg swapper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back