ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Old October 15th, 2012 (3:15 PM).
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lebron View Post
    hellp how we can play with our dragon starter at lvl 30 in the second rom??i say that because its not the same rom its different or when the second rom is ready we will be to do something like patching to obtain the infos from the first rom..and something other i play the beta1 and i defeated pete near the iceland city..is this the end of the beta1??
    That'll be a great Idea but It's very hard to do so you have to start all over again... :(

And yes the BETA ends after defeating PETE.
    Old October 15th, 2012 (10:49 PM).
    Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
      Forget that this hack will have a sequel, think only about this one.
      It's like you are playing "normal" hack, isn't it? So why would the effort be in waste?

DRG, you shouldn't have talked about the second ROM so soon :/ Or you should have just said it's gonna be a sequel and noone would complain that they would "lose" their team.
      Yeah, I think you're right. Hopefully, the update coming by the end of the week will get everyone back into This Part and Not interest in the sequel.
      Also, when you guys play it, I'd like for you all to interact with all of the player's friends when you reach the new Dark Rising Headquarters. There's some really funny scripting and all of the characters show their different personalities.

Update Friday...
      Old October 15th, 2012 (11:04 PM).
      The Legendary Master of <font color="#D8D48C">Light</font>!

Nature: Calm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
      Also, when you guys play it, I'd like for you all to interact with all of the player's friends when you reach the new Dark Rising Headquarters. There's some really funny scripting and all of the characters show their different personalities.

Update Friday...
      Oh wow, that sounds really interesting. I would be really curious to find out this funny scripting. After all, that's what really brings the charm about Pokémon: Dark Rising. ^^

Btw, have you ever thought about having a sequel on a 4th generation Pokémon ROM? 'Cause that's what I was planning with Pokémon: Dimensions of Time, which is a hack of Emerald which I've put on hold... but in head... I've been thinking of a sequel of Dimensions of Time as a hack of Black Version. But wow, that's way in the future. lol Sorry if I was thinking too ahead of things. ^^
      It's time to change the future...
      to a positive direction!

Let's prevent things from getting bad!

I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
      Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
      Old October 15th, 2012 (11:35 PM).
      Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
        Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
        Oh wow, that sounds really interesting. I would be really curious to find out this funny scripting. After all, that's what really brings the charm about Pokémon: Dark Rising. ^^

Btw, have you ever thought about having a sequel on a 4th generation Pokémon ROM? 'Cause that's what I was planning with Pokémon: Dimensions of Time, which is a hack of Emerald which I've put on hold... but in head... I've been thinking of a sequel of Dimensions of Time as a hack of Black Version. But wow, that's way in the future. lol Sorry if I was thinking too ahead of things. ^^
        lol No it's fine. I actually have thought of that plenty of times. But I hear hacking the 4th generation is Really difficult and I believe there's not a good, stable map maker tool for it either. If all the tools are available and everything could work steady, I would certainly consider it.
        Old October 16th, 2012 (1:37 AM).

Quote:
        But I hear hacking the 4th generation is Really difficult and I believe there's not a good, stable map maker tool for it either. If all the tools are available and everything could work steady, I would certainly consider it.
        Hm... really? I'm actually typing up a guide on how to edit the maps in generation 5. And for hacking generation 4 and 5 just requires more tools more than anything, and maybe some hex editing.

There's also a tutorial on map editing in generation 4. But I can explain the importing part, which is that once you've exported the model as .imd from either 3ds Max 6 or Maya 7, you can then use the command prompt and then go to the folder with the program g3dcvtr.exe, then type "G3dcvtr.exe [model1].imd [model2].imd -o [outputname].nsbmd". And then import it into the ROM using Spiky's DS Map Editor.

But if you don't feel like doing it, that's ok. ^^ You would be used to hacking generation 3 by now, generation 3 uses one whole binary file as a ROM, where as the NDS ROMs have smaller files separated by a named headers such as "BMD0" or something, which indicate it's file type binary. But having said that, it feels more easier to me do hack NDS ROMs than GBA, but to you... it may feel like a totally different experience, like how it is for me hacking 3rd gen. It's quite hard to get used to a different platform where it's programmed differently from the you're already on once you're already used to the one you're currently on, which I totally understand of course. 'Cause I find hacking 3rd gen quite a nightmare. lol Maybe in the future I might continue my old ROM Hack on the GBA after LavaRuby. ^^

My goal is to make 4th and 5th generation hacking as common as it is with generation 3 hacks. And to do that... the map editing guides will be written, then with my ROM Hack Pokémon LavaRuby and Team Fail's Pokémon AquaSapphire will encourage more 4th and 5th generation hacks.
        to a positive direction!

Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
        Old October 16th, 2012 (1:53 AM).

Nature: Brave
          Who cares with old team. I am pretty much looking forward to start a new game featuring all the awesome work and not missing any thing worth.
          Old October 16th, 2012 (1:58 AM).

Nature: Gentle
            Quote:
            Hm... really? I'm actually typing up a guide on how to edit the maps in generation 5. And for hacking generation 4 and 5 just requires more tools more than anything, and maybe some hex editing.

There's also a tutorial on map editing in generation 4. But I can explain the importing part, which is that once you've exported the model as .imd from either 3ds Max 6 or Maya 7, you can then use the command prompt and then go to the folder with the program g3dcvtr.exe, then type "G3dcvtr.exe [model1].imd [model2].imd -o [outputname].nsbmd". And then import it into the ROM using Spiky's DS Map Editor.

But if you don't feel like doing it, that's ok. ^^ You would be used to hacking generation 3 by now, generation 3 uses one whole binary file as a ROM, where as the NDS ROMs have smaller files separated by a named headers such as "BMD0" or something, which indicate it's file type binary. But having said that, it feels more easier to me do hack NDS ROMs than GBA, but to you... it may feel like a totally different experience, like how it is for me hacking 3rd gen. It's quite hard to get used to a different platform where it's programmed differently from the you're already on once you're already used to the one you're currently on, which I totally understand of course. 'Cause I find hacking 3rd gen quite a nightmare. lol Maybe in the future I might continue my old ROM Hack on the GBA after LavaRuby. ^^

My goal is to make 4th and 5th generation hacking as common as it is with generation 3 hacks. And to do that... the map editing guides will be written, then with my ROM Hack Pokémon LavaRuby and Team Fail's Pokémon AquaSapphire will encourage more 4th and 5th generation hacks.
            U do realize that there is no scripting tool available in Gen 5 right, or ru planning on making a program about this?
            Old October 16th, 2012 (2:32 AM). Edited October 16th, 2012 by Platinum Lucario.

I might actually start playing though Pokémon: Dark Rising. It sounds really interesting and I surely would like to play through beta 1, so I'll download it right away and play it. ^^

Edit: I just found little capitalization issue with "Wii U", as it's "WII U" instead of "Wii U" in the script in front of a Nintendo Entertainment System-like tile. I could actually design a Wii U tile for you if you'd like, DRG. Which will indeed replace the Nintendo Entertainment System tile.
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
            U do realize that there is no scripting tool available in Gen 5 right, or ru planning on making a program about this?
            To answer your question, there is NPRE... which I think may view or edit the scripts. I'm not sure because I haven't tried out the script editor part for it yet, but it does have the ability to open scripts and maps. But I know it can view and add objects to maps.
            to a positive direction!

Old October 16th, 2012 (3:33 AM).

Quote:
              I might actually start playing though Pokémon: Dark Rising. It sounds really interesting and I surely would like to play through beta 1, so I'll download it right away and play it. ^^

Edit: I just found little capitalization issue with "Wii U", as it's "WII U" instead of "Wii U" in the script in front of a Nintendo Entertainment System-like tile. I could actually design a Wii U tile for you if you'd like, DRG. Which will indeed replace the Nintendo Entertainment System tile.

To answer your question, there is NPRE... which I think may view or edit the scripts. I'm not sure because I haven't tried out the script editor part for it yet, but it does have the ability to open scripts and maps. But I know it can view and add objects to maps.
              When I say script I mean scripting events that's what I mean.
              Old October 16th, 2012 (3:37 AM).

Why every me I try open my trainer card to check how much money I have and i get a BLACK SCREEN?
                Old October 16th, 2012 (4:36 AM). Edited October 16th, 2012 by Platinum Lucario.

Quote:
                When I say script I mean scripting events that's what I mean.
                Yeah, that's what I mean. Scripting events and where they take place.
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by fourseasonguo View Post
                Why every me I try open my trainer card to check how much money I have and i get a BLACK SCREEN?
                Don't worry, you're not the only one that's having this issue in Pokémon: Dark Rising. I just checked it out right after I saw your post. Yep, it definitely crashes with a blank screen and static sound when opening up the trainer card.

Probably has something to do with the sprite data.

Edit: Oh and DRG, I've also included a small Wii U tile in this post. Hope this will do very well for Dark Rising. I'm very honored to contribute at any time. ^^
                Attached Images
                File Type: png Wii U small.png‎ (2.9 KB, 90 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                to a positive direction!

Old October 16th, 2012 (5:13 AM).

Quote:

I don't think that u can script events cus if it had allowed it, other B and W hackers such as Drayano60, would have made custom events and all, and also other hackers would do so. However if u can could u please show a custom event or a legendary pokemon event in B and W if what u say is true?
                  Old October 16th, 2012 (5:49 AM).
                  Order Must Be Restored

The Wii U looks great! Thank you so much. ^.^
                    Old October 16th, 2012 (7:17 AM).

Quote:
                      The Wii U looks great! Thank you so much. ^.^
                      Hey there DRG this is important, since u r gonna make Adrian have a ridiculous advantage over us which is swell but u better make sure that u don't cross the line cus u see, every time I hear "ridiculous advantage" it reminds me of the insane stats of the all the dragons we fight during our final battle in Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians. I mean srsly, it is impossible to KO the gurdians with the pokemon we have, so if u give him a huge advantage give him that, but please make sure it is nothing we can overcome or nothing that forces us to get rid of most of our team and use uber legendaries please, hope u get this, this is important.
                      Old October 16th, 2012 (2:43 PM).
                      Order Must Be Restored

I know. Don't worry, it won't be like that.
                        Old October 16th, 2012 (4:38 PM).

awesome hack. id like to see it completed. :)
                          Old October 17th, 2012 (12:01 AM).
                          Memento Mori

Quote:
                          Hey there DRG this is important, since u r gonna make Adrian have a ridiculous advantage over us which is swell but u better make sure that u don't cross the line cus u see, every time I hear "ridiculous advantage" it reminds me of the insane stats of the all the dragons we fight during our final battle in Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians. I mean srsly, it is impossible to KO the gurdians with the pokemon we have, so if u give him a huge advantage give him that, but please make sure it is nothing we can overcome or nothing that forces us to get rid of most of our team and use uber legendaries please, hope u get this, this is important.
                          That's because you are using brute force strategies. If you were to use stalling strategies or IKO strategies then those dragons wouldn't be a problem =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                          Old October 17th, 2012 (1:57 AM).

Quote:
                            That's because you are using brute force strategies. If you were to use stalling strategies or IKO strategies then those dragons wouldn't be a problem =)
                            Not really, it is actually extremely hard to use the endavour tactic on those dragons, not to mention that they r just starters who cannot reach their final form. They can't even take a hit from them, that's the thing. Trust me I would have used that strategy long time ago, if I had the chance to.
                            Old October 17th, 2012 (2:25 AM).

Nature: Brave
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by fourseasonguo View Post
                              Then don't try to open it. I am sure it will be fixed in the future. If you so badly want to check the money you can through the shop
                              Old October 18th, 2012 (1:31 AM).
                              Order Must Be Restored

Notes On The Update:

Remember that monster LIGHT had when you first battled him? Well, thanks to what's called "Dark Evolution" that monster Evolved into "Blazard", the monster you see Garchomp going up against in the screenshot. I'm sure some of you guessed it on sight though. Blazard may be the hardest monster(Can't call it a Pokemon cause it's not) you'll face in the hack other than Shadow Lugia. No, it's base stats are not ridiculous(It's Only 700), but it's very powerful with diverse type of attacks.

The screenshot of the player asking "Who is she?" Is a hint of something to come in Part 2.

The Final list of all the Wild Pokemon obtainable in every area of the hack is now up on the main post. Also, a list of evolutions in the hack that evolve differently from the gba/ds games is up on the main post now as well.

I'll be sending the rom to Atif now to re-map the areas in Beta 1. There won't be any more big updates until next month probably because once Atif is done re-mapping, the rom will then be sent to Tajaros for big scripting events. So I won't have the rom for awhile. This is good news though because the hack is almost done!

Oh, and ASH's Pikachu is something to be feared. Just look at that Sprite!
                                Old October 18th, 2012 (2:12 AM).
                                Always Remember Forever&After

Nice screens though I have stuff to say.
                                  1. One the 9th screen (first mapshot) there is a error in the stairs.
                                  2. That "monster" could use some work. Even the first pre evo.
                                  3. Why are you gonna make Atif re-map only the places for Beta 1? Why not fix some Beta two maps as well?
                                  4. In the battle with Gardevoir and Gallade it looks like Gardevoir is flying..
                                  5. Are those shiny boulders on that screen with Groudon?
                                  6. The top part of trees need to be walkable on.

~Thats all :)

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
                                  Old October 18th, 2012 (2:23 AM).
                                  Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
                                    Nice screens though I have stuff to say.
                                    1. One the 9th screen (first mapshot) there is a error in the stairs.
                                    2. That "monster" could use some work. Even the first pre evo.
                                    3. Why are you gonna make Atif re-map only the places for Beta 1? Why not fix some Beta two maps as well?
                                    4. In the battle with Gardevoir and Gallade it looks like Gardevoir is flying..
                                    5. Are those shiny boulders on that screen with Groudon?
                                    6. The top part of trees need to be walkable on.

~Thats all :)
                                    Cool, I'll be the one to edit some of the things you mentioned... :)
                                    Old October 18th, 2012 (3:21 AM).
                                    Memento Mori

Quote:
                                    Not really, it is actually extremely hard to use the endavour tactic on those dragons, not to mention that they r just starters who cannot reach their final form. They can't even take a hit from them, that's the thing. Trust me I would have used that strategy long time ago, if I had the chance to.
                                    Toxic stall, Perish Song killing, Pressure stall... everything can eliminate them ;)

Quote:
                                    Oh, and ASH's Pikachu is something to be feared. Just look at that Sprite!
                                    Because... it has exclamation mark? o.O
                                    Well 1 EQ and it's down =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                    Old October 18th, 2012 (4:16 AM).

Quote:

Toxic stall, Perish Song killing, Pressure stall... everything can eliminate them ;)

Because... it has exclamation mark? o.O
                                      Well 1 EQ and it's down =D
                                      Like I said I doubt any of these pokes can take a hit provided that they r only starters at their first stage and I am pretty sure the battle will end before the Perish Song Tactic works lol and I not sure whether u can catch any extra team member. So that's that.
                                      Old October 18th, 2012 (4:24 AM).

LOL Blazard looks like it's attempting a Kamehameha :P

Quick Reply