• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriter's Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
trainer_yume_wants_to_battle__by_froslassmaniac-d6m8flu.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017

That's nice. It just doesn't give off a Pokemon feel to it for me. I'm really bad at that, though, so forgive me.

My sprite (Possible X and Y spoilers in here):
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2016
Froslass_Maniac> You use too much dithering, I think you can make a better sprite with less dither.
Also one leg is shorter than the other.

Joheyhugg> Put more shading on your sprite, it look very flat.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
@Frosslass_Maniac
I really like the design and from what I'm seeing, your anatomy is correct. What I can see though is that there is a slight feeling of jagged shading down below on the pants. I can either suggest you to add little dithering (little) or anti-aliasing. The top part of the pant seems very smooth in the outlines, though. The shirt is well done, I like the creases near the waist. If you don't mind, what is that green dot on the face? It seems weird like that. Lastly, I like the hair, you shaded well.

@reshilegend
You're doing well with the Pippeck sprite but the perspective is rather incorrect. The body should be thinner because we are not looking at it from the sides, we are looking at it straight. You've used a lot of cover-up shading, I would suggest to stop engulfing the whole sprite with shading more.
The Catenna sprite seems interesting, only that the outlines are barely visible, please use black or darker outlines. I like your colour choice however. The back's outlines seem rather jagged, I would suggest a more smooth approach.
Finally, the design of Salqua's sprite is pretty confusing with the long legs and a weird yellow thing on the back. Once again, you've engulfed the back part with shading on both sides. I would suggest focussing on shading the bottom.

@joeyhugg
Consider adding more shading to the sprite, it doesn't look like it has that bulk and looks flat. The Mega-Garchomp reference had good shading, I wonder why you didn't use that as well.

Good job to all of you.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
really helpful advice

Thanks for the tips. Tbh I don't see a problem with Pippeck's perspective cause it's supposed to be a bit chubbier but idk, you're probably right.
The thing is, I originally had more shading on it and then replaced it with less, but darker shading. I'll work on improving it though.
Same goes for the Catenna sprite, it originally had darker outlines lol. I think I can try and make them darker again. As for Salaqua's design, that's just how it is. Maybe I'll make the legs smaller by one pixel row and see how that will look.
Here's my (not well made, but acceptable) artwork for the Fakemon that I used as a reference. (warning, large image):

Spoiler:

Now you're probably seeing what the weird yellow thing is supposed to be.
I agree with any other point you made, I really should've thought about that. Thanks again!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 29, 2020
I thought it would be nice to make some pokemon resembling chess-pieces! Maybe I'll make a few sets, but for just the black king as a Rock-type (with a Nosepass feel).

Original image:
Spoiler:

My Sprite-Over:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First, there is something wrong with the colours of the foot (its hard to choose what should be light, and what should be dark in terms of shading).
Second, before I complete the shading and anti-aliasing, it has to become 'alive'. I'm sure you know what I mean with that, its just that I don't know how to get that happening. So, help/comments?

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Feedback on new Hero please?

Hello everyone!

I am trying to make a new hero (and I am trying to make him look like me) and I am not very confident about my sprite work. Could I get some feedback and tips from you guys?

I know I need to do some shading but I don't know how to! I feel like the sprites aren't too bad but the hair on the back sprite has no shading, so it looks like i'm wearing a cap of some sort.

So here is the sprite:
7dFVrMf.png

Sorry for the size, that's just the normal size of the sprites, 64x64

Well anyway please give me some feedback! Be as mean as you'd like to be!

Years
Hello everyone!

I am trying to make a new hero (and I am trying to make him look like me) and I am not very confident about my sprite work. Could I get some feedback and tips from you guys?

I know I need to do some shading but I don't know how to! I feel like the sprites aren't too bad but the hair on the back sprite has no shading, so it looks like i'm wearing a cap of some sort.

So here is the sprite:
7dFVrMf.png

Sorry for the size, that's just the normal size of the sprites, 64x64

Well anyway please give me some feedback! Be as mean as you'd like to be!

To have your own thread in Pixel Art, you must have 4 sprites that are original meaning they would have to be an original design, new and preferably scratch (work is done from nothing like not using other sprites).

If you plan on wanting critique for a single piece or sprite then you can post it here in the Spriter's Showcase. Fusions and Recolours thread is for what it says: fusions and recolours. Happy Pixeling.

Takafumi

Light Colors
Years
I think this is the right place...
Hi hi, I decided to see if I was competent when it comes to creating sprites so I gave it a try; I pretty much just followed the instructions in a couple of Chesu's tutorials though.
It took a while (Mainly due to pallets confusing me!) but it works in-game and stuff~

Unfortunately I'm unable to post images. (First post T_T) so I'll leave a sneaky link... hopefully that's allowed... >.>

http:/ /i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r657/takagami/UNFamiliar/001_zpsda3f8892.png

There are still some issues with the overall proportions, I need to take pallet limitations into consideration in future, and I'm struggling with those annoying things people call "eyes," but I think it's bearable for now~ Ahaha.

Years
@Takafumi - It's promising work. Work on making the parts that are supposed to be curvy more rounded instead of blocky lines connecting to make the illusion of roundness, like you did with the belly. For instance, the muzzle of your Lyfasaurus looks very well-rounded, and you should try to duplicate that look onto the rest of the work, considering that the Fakemon is so serpentine.

Takafumi

Light Colors
Years
Thanks for the advice~ ^-^
I am struggling with curves due to the squarey nature of squares... but if I look at some sprites I might be able to wrap my head around it~
I'll edit this post to include an update when I feel it's good enough!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
That's nice. It just doesn't give off a Pokemon feel to it for me. I'm really bad at that, though, so forgive me.

My sprite (Possible X and Y spoilers in here):
Spoiler:

It looks 'okay'.
But you need to add more shading, it looks flat otherwise.

Years
The outlines on the Mega-Garchomp needs some fixing up here and there too, but overall the effort is admirable. I'd focus on the shading first like Varion said.

PeskyJoltik

EPICLY HAPPY
Years
I have something here, made this earlier and i'm not good at Spriting but this is the result of my work!
XChT4jR.png

I call this Pokemon as Springle.
You can tell that it's a fakemon.
I'm not good at spriting but i'm learning how to!
This Springle is a Fairy type Pokemon!

Years
I have something here, made this earlier and i'm not good at Spriting but this is the result of my work!
XChT4jR.png

I call this Pokemon as Springle.
You can tell that it's a fakemon.
I'm not good at spriting but i'm learning how to!
This Springle is a Fairy type Pokemon!

I don't know if you're around.. but I'll go ahead and say that the sprite is great at an early stage and skill level. You've got the gist of shading, now you can improve. Firstly, if you want it to look like a Pokemon sprite, the sprite must face to the left but not directly to the left like a 2D sprite. Add some dimension and a unique pose. It lacks some black outline as well. Your outline is great for starters too, but there's still room for improvement by smoothing it out.

ShinyNuzLover

What're you lookin' at?
Years
Here's a sprite I made not to long ago-
2zpmtte.png

Not one of my best, but I think it turned out ok.... It's a sprite of Scrafty and Cubone.... Sorry bout the white background.... If anyone can help with that, let me know....

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
A removed item from Terraria. Redone just for fun.
soulscytheredo_zpsce24e0f9.png

I guess it's OK, but I need to get reacquainted with pixel art. Might do some pixel-overs of some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back