• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM September] Pokémon Eruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Okay, I finished the Alpha, and I found a few glitches
that is found from the person above me.
I'm glad that you actually took my suggestions. :)

BTW, I found this "glitch" which is pretty major, but when I'm playing as a Heroine, everyone thinks that I'm a boy!
I think that you should add some "checkgender" commands to the scripts.

Anyways, GL!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Okay, I finished the Alpha, and I found a few glitches
that is found from the person above me.
I'm glad that you actually took my suggestions. :)

BTW, I found this "glitch" which is pretty major, but when I'm playing as a Heroine, everyone thinks that I'm a boy!
I think that you should add some "checkgender" commands to the scripts.

Anyways, GL!
The game isn't meant to be played as a female character...
Maybe that expains the boy problem. I plan to remove the Heroine though.

Great its out i am playing rite now
Spoiler:

Bugs I found open spoiler

It was very enjoyable
For the tile glitches, there is nothing I can do about that...Because the two places have different tileset 2 tiles. And the game doesn't load them right away.

But as for everything else, I'll fix. But I wont release an update fixing minor things :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
Nice hack but how about making Silver look like Silver from GS? Also Jimmy was only from the anime, he is Gold in GS

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Nice hack but how about making Silver look like Silver from GS? Also Jimmy was only from the anime, he is Gold in GS
I didn't like the way he looked back then, besides I simply can't "make" him look like that...I don't even sprite.

And this is not any form of a remake, so it doesn't really matter where Jimmy is from. I can make Jimmy a fat guy born from a Deoxys...But hey, I wanted to have a storyline that makes sense, and is custom at the same time.

Hey Cooley, want me to make you a fan banner? You know my average skills lol.
Sure, go ahead ^_^

viemortevolroc

Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2009
this is brilliant! cyndaquil is the starter? SWEET! cyndaquil is my fav starter XD

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2010
i finished playing this alpha yesterday pretty good start but if you need help hit me up im new to hacking but im opk i guess

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Awesome Music Remix, dude!
I 100% enjoyed the video.
BTW, when will Silver's OW be inserted?
Once I find a spriter, or someone who can customize the OW sprite for me.
i finished playing this alpha yesterday pretty good start but if you need help hit me up im new to hacking but im opk i guess
What are you good at? I only 'want' a spriter, but other than that. I'm a pretty good one-man team ;)

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
This looks very nice. My only complaint would be the cyndaquil OWs because they're huge compared to what they should be. But if you don't want to change it this will still be great. Good Luck.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
This looks very nice. My only complaint would be the cyndaquil OWs because they're huge compared to what they should be. But if you don't want to change it this will still be great. Good Luck.
Wow, I never really knew that O_o"
Guess I really need that spriter huh? :P
________
I have some updates; an event :)

Eruption_01-4.png
Eruption_03-3.png

Of course there's more to it than what you see. But we will have to wait and see the full event ;)

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
My only suggestion which is really nit-picking would be to change the character from Silver's Mom to a relative such as Aunt or Friend, because it seems like you tried to somewhat stay true to the manga, but it was never stated that Silver knows who his mom is. It's a minor thing but seeing as how I'm making a hack based off of Silver's story, I can't help but point that out. Other than that, looking great so far.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I forget where I found this but these might work better size-wise.
Cyndaquil-PokemonRanger5987326261-iaza.gif
Hey what do you you know the website is there.
Those are nice, but I would need the Cyndaquil sprite facing down, because of the event.

What do you mean, "what do you you know the website is there"?

My only suggestion which is really nit-picking would be to change the character from Silver's Mom to a relative such as Aunt or Friend, because it seems like you tried to somewhat stay true to the manga, but it was never stated that Silver knows who his mom is. It's a minor thing but seeing as how I'm making a hack based off of Silver's story, I can't help but point that out. Other than that, looking great so far.
Well I've never even read the manga, and I'd have to repoint A LOT of message pointers, because Aunt is 1 letter larger than Mom. I like your idea, but I don't think I can change it..Besides, the full story wraps around Silver's mom, and I even wrote an event that describes the way Giovanni left, etc. But I can't speak anymore of this. In the BETA you will see ^_^

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Those are nice, but I would need the Cyndaquil sprite facing down, because of the event.

He means that the website is on the picture of the sprites. The websites is on the right, facing vertically.

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years
If you're looking for Cyndaquil sprites, here you go.

Spoiler:

Sorry to say but...
These are the OWs that cooley used.
They just don't look exactly the same because he had to resize them so they could fit.

Ontopic:
Well, this hack is very nice! I finished the beta a day or two ago!
Looking nice so far, hope it keeps going strong like it is!
Also hope you find some nice Cyndaquil OWs, too!
Break a leg, cooley!

~Flaming Flarez

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
If you're looking for Cyndaquil sprites, here you go.

cyndaquil.png

I appreciate the help, but those are the ones I used :p
Thanks anyhow

He means that the website is on the picture of the sprites. The websites is on the right, facing vertically.
I understand, thanks.

Sorry to say but...
These are the OWs that cooley used.
They just don't look exactly the same because he had to resize them so they could fit.

Ontopic:
Well, this hack is very nice! I finished the beta a day or two ago!
Looking nice so far, hope it keeps going strong like it is!
Also hope you find some nice Cyndaquil OWs, too!
Break a leg, cooley!

~Flaming Flarez
Yeah, thank you for your comments.

WOOOOOOWW!! This looks insane! Very, very nice!

*downloading
Lol, have fun, and don't delete your Save files ;)

I plan to release some updates later on...But as for now, I've scripted the entire Cave (alpha end), and Route 2, now it's onto Gonaré Town!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back