• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I just got New Leaf and my villagers are... idk I like 'em. I like my two squirrels and my elephant who is just the cutest and I keep just sending him all the kiddie stuff I keep getting from other villagers haha. Not sure about my gorilla though and my wolf (Lobo) is p chill though he stays up really freakin' late like oh my god.

And I swear my pig is a masochist because he gave me a barbeque the other day y e p. I think the only villager I'm really eh about is my gorilla whatever she's called. Debating ignoring her so she will move out oops. But I'm having fun overall and looking forward to seeing who I get for the ninth villager and who I can snag from the campsite for my tenth. ♥

Nakala Pri

I just got New Leaf and my villagers are... idk I like 'em. I like my two squirrels and my elephant who is just the cutest and I keep just sending him all the kiddie stuff I keep getting from other villagers haha. Not sure about my gorilla though and my wolf (Lobo) is p chill though he stays up really freakin' late like oh my god.

And I swear my pig is a masochist because he gave me a barbeque the other day y e p. I think the only villager I'm really eh about is my gorilla whatever she's called. Debating ignoring her so she will move out oops. But I'm having fun overall and looking forward to seeing who I get for the ninth villager and who I can snag from the campsite for my tenth. ♥

I had Lobo on Wild World, and believe me, every time I talked to him I got a gift... or an invitation to his house. xD He was one of the best villager's ever, so when he moved away I was devastated. ;-; He never wrote to me again. ;c (who knew it could be so heartbreaking, haha)

Are you talking about Rasher? because if so I hate that pig. xD He keeps calling me 'Swine' and he makes all of the other villagers mad. :P

Cool! I'm up for some New Leaf if you guys ever want to play. My town's full of clutter! xD

I wish I could, but lack of Wifi is being mean! D: I wish I had it, it'd be so awesome to play online with Nathan (Genesis) or Sky or somethin', that'd be killer. C:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
haha yeah I've been invited to his house two days in a row or something now. I won't be surprised at all if Lobo asks me to come visit his house again tomorrow hahaha. And no my pig's name is Chops. Which makes him seem like even more of a masochist. He's pretty cool though; main complaint I have is that he changed from his awesome japanese clothes that totally matched his awesome room to a rainbow shirt which makes no sense at all. 8(

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Oh, didn't realize that Drakengard was an Action game. Before today I'd only ever known the name. Well I don't think that grinding should be a problem. One thing that I love about Action RPGs more than pretty much any other branch of RPG is that ARPGs are completely dependent on the player, and leveling only makes things either. Rarely will you not be able to hurt someone because you're too low a level, and in most of those cases they're still beatable.
Yep. But you don't only have to grind for your characters level, but for 63 different weapons. See, each weapon has 3 levels to raise, each with some more backstory. And to do this you need to down several thousand mooks for each one. Its a very slow crawl, but worth it mo.
So, in the traditional RPG sense, grinding shouldn't be necessary. Now, if by "grinding" you're referring to the point of the genre of "Crowd Fighting", well...I've been looking at the gameplay, and I can see why it'd be jarring. It seems to be much slower paced than other Crowd Fighters (especially thanks to the squads being of a smaller size), though not slow enough that I'd dismiss it entirely.
Like I said above, its not the speed of the crowd fighting, just the sheer scale you need to go through for a 100% completion.
Also, since NGE was mentioned...is its plot similar in tone or in theme? By that I mean, is it just as dark as NGE or does it spout a lot of Christian themes and ideas the way Evangelion does?
Its very dark. Not sure on the religious part, but I'm not really far enough to know. If you've ever played Nier, its from the same guy.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Animal Crossing is one game that I can get addicted to for two weeks or a month then I hit a point where I think "so...now what?" and then stop playing for years and write off the series.

I kinda hate it, mostly because I hate games that are designed to get you addicted for way too many hours. Ah yeah see, this is the effect of me writing off the series that I was talking about.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Yep. But you don't only have to grind for your characters level, but for 63 different weapons. See, each weapon has 3 levels to raise, each with some more backstory. And to do this you need to down several thousand mooks for each one. Its a very slow crawl, but worth it mo.

Like I said above, its not the speed of the crowd fighting, just the sheer scale you need to go through for a 100% completion.

Its very dark. Not sure on the religious part, but I'm not really far enough to know. If you've ever played Nier, its from the same guy.
Well then I guess I'll try it out. I've known about it for years and I've heard good things, not to mention that I love ARPGs, so I might as well.

Years
Also, since NGE was mentioned...is its plot similar in tone or in theme? By that I mean, is it just as dark as NGE or does it spout a lot of Christian themes and ideas the way Evangelion does?

I never had the chance to finish NGE, but as far as I know, it's the tone. In fact, it's scary how both NGE and Drakengard can pretty much emulate each other as far as "feels" go.

I just picked the game up again a few days ago because of this discussion, and you know what I remembered almost immediatly. I...hate....the...music...so...much. After spending more then 30 minutes in a stage it gets maddening. Maybe it's just me though. Here have a listen to the first stage music for yourselves, I can't be the only one.

First Chapter-Ground (Link)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I see what you're saying. It's not melodic enough to be memorable or catchy, and rather than being one song it takes from several melodic to create a dark atmospheric piece. The songs that they borrow from are classics, but they use them to make an almost gritty, dark atmospheric piece that seems like it would certainly be grating after a while.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I finished The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds...

Anyone who owns a 3DS, pick this game up, now. It is easily on par with Kid Icarus Uprising as the best 3DS game there is, and is absolutely perfect in its design. You're doing yourself a huge disfavor otherwise. Easily Game of the Year material, even better than all the other common nominees in my experience. Gamestop chose wisely.

I'll be writing about it as my recommendation for tomorrow in my thread here. While I'm at it, I'd like to take my time to raise awareness towards the thread and ask people to participate if they could. Would suck if only I post in a thread with so much potential.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

Anyone who owns a 3DS, pick this game up, now. It is easily on par with Kid Icarus Uprising as the best 3DS game there is, and is absolutely perfect in its design. You're doing yourself a huge disfavor otherwise. Easily Game of the Year material, even better than all the other common nominees in my experience. Gamestop chose wisely.

I'll be writing about it as my recommendation for tomorrow in my thread here. While I'm at it, I'd like to take my time to raise awareness towards the thread and ask people to participate if they could. Would suck if only I post in a thread with so much potential.

I was thinking of getting A Link Between Worlds for my S.O. but after reading that I might just get it for myself.
Or I might get it for myself in secret, play it through in it's entirety, then wrap it and give it to her anyway.

I'm an evil genius.

I'll check that thread out in a bit, it does seem like a great notion.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Wanted to share this:

Spoiler:

It's my current desktop. I made it myself, it's more or less a prototype.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Haha looks pretty slick man! Reminds me of a thing I did recently for a cabin party I was throwing. I had 3 different gaming stations set up, and I had made a wallpaper for my PC. I threw shortcuts to games and emulators and stuff in the obvious place on this wallpaper:

Spoiler:

A friend of mine uses too many hash tags and it's kind of a running joke... anyway, this was the whole set up for the party. Pretty sweet gaming night we all had, until we were all too drunk and Surgeon Simulator was about the funniest thing in the universe at that point.

Spoiler:

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

I shoved a lil' review in your thread. I'll most certainly do more sooner or later.

Wanted to share this:

Spoiler:

It's my current desktop. I made it myself, it's more or less a prototype.

I'd love to share my wallpapers but they're probably inappropriate.
They are video-game related though, I promise.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I'd love to share my wallpapers but they're probably inappropriate.
They are video-game related though, I promise.

Inappropriate you say...?

> :3

Added the 'wittle selection finger via GIMP to the desktop. It's pointed at the Chrome icon. I'll show it a little later since I don't want to spam.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
You could have just moved Sid Meirs above it and moved Chrome down. Would have made it look like it was just an "accident".
Anyone played Ys before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back