• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 24, 2022
Been meaning to play this for a long time - ought to find that proper rom and give it a go~ Nice to know it's still being worked on too - provided those earlier posts weren't lies - last update was so long ago I was worried it'd been dropped. Guess Spherical just has a lot of other things happening in their life, or just wants it to be perfect. Take your time, friend, stuff like this can't be rushed~

I'm not sure if this is correct since I only heard it from someone else. I believe Mr. Spherical Ice is getting married so that's why he's been quite busy and not able to work on this hack.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Where can i find a Zangoose? I want to trade it for a Spiritomb with the old man in Valoon City.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 15, 2017
Hi, I just wanted to say that I just love this hack, and an excellent job to Spherical Ice for creating it. I just had a few questions, because I spent some time searching through this post and I couldn't find a definite answer.

- I know that all Pokemon up to the 6th generation are in the game's code, but will all of them be available at some point in the future (including legendaries of course)? Will I be able to trade if I chose Piplup as my starter and want to get the other 2?

- Will you at some point include all mega evolutions/primal reversions/alternate forms and sprite differences like pokeball Vivillion?

If you don't want to cram every corner with legendaries and pokemon from every gen, please consider having a post game island with all the leftovers, where us completionists can have our fun :P

Sorry for asking a lot of questions, but I am really excited about this game! Take all the time you need to make this the perfect hack :D

PS I have found some minor visual glitches and text errors here and there (like "you have found a the potion") , so if they persist after the new update I 'll let you know.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
Hey Guys.
First of all, wonderfull game, i like it so far and cant wait for the v3 to come out. Really enjoying it.
I have a question that what what generation movesets are the pokes using? Or its different to every kind? Because im currently using mega beedrill, i breeded a better person weedle and wanted to rise till it learns bug bite. I read that beedrill can have it cuz of its prior evolution. I checked up prior generarations and find out that probably bedrills learnset is from 4-6 gen. But if i check back from 4 gen to present weedle learns Bug bite, but still its on lv16 (on lv15 or lv9 it learns as the gen trees showing) and still noting.
Possible that bedrill uses gen4 to present moveset but weedle moveset kept on gen2 or 3?
Or is it possible that not just dive & waterfall got taken out but also other different moves?
I wanted my beedrill to have a decent one shot bug skill not wanted to use u-turn TM on it.
Thanks in advance.
Zak~

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
How much would be the level of new trainers we would first meet after the update? What I am trying to ask is I have 6 pokemon with level 48 and 11 with average 43 level. Hopefully I wouldn't outlevel the trainers.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
Hello Guys again.
I encountered an interesting thing, it might be a bug.
I tried out breeding heracross used both male and female, i hatched their egg and a big suprise awaited me, i obtained mega heracross on lv1 :O directly mega evolved without a heracronite. I cant post the pic for proof tough.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 7, 2020
So I?ve been going mad pressing a at all the edges of archan town trying to find the hidden grotto, and I haven?t been able to... Can anyone help me out please?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 7, 2020
So I?ve been going mad pressing a at all the edges of archan town trying to find the hidden grotto, and I haven?t been able to... Can anyone help me out please?

Never mind, I didn?t realise I would need cut to get there. I thought I?d just be able to get there haha

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 22, 2017
I usually don't write on forums but i got an account just so i could say this. Amazing job man! They could learn a thing or two from you haha. This is hands down one of my favorite pokemon games of all time , despite not even being complete yet. I really dig the story, it's so different and original. The sprites , tiles , the megas ,everything is awesome! Really appreciate you taking out the time to work on such a project , so no hurries , i can't wait though xD.. but i can understand , making a hack is hard work and takes time , then there's real life stuff too which is obviously more important , so i shall wait wait patiently for the next beta (or full game next time? I shall be forever indebted xD).
My battle vs Iris from battle marsh is one of my favorite battles in this game, down to one poke each, Mega Blastoise vs Mega Gengar and that ending in a tie cus destiny bond , even though it means i lost, that was still so awesome!
A few bugs here and there but i''m sure you're aware of them already , the animation for power gem though, you could change that, i know no one cares about power gem, but just sayin xD.
So thanks a lot for your work man, i really hope this is one project that is seen through to the end, cus it's amazing!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
I usually don't write on forums but i got an account just so i could say this. Amazing job man! They could learn a thing or two from you haha. This is hands down one of my favorite pokemon games of all time , despite not even being complete yet. I really dig the story, it's so different and original. The sprites , tiles , the megas ,everything is awesome! Really appreciate you taking out the time to work on such a project , so no hurries , i can't wait though xD.. but i can understand , making a hack is hard work and takes time , then there's real life stuff too which is obviously more important , so i shall wait wait patiently for the next beta (or full game next time? I shall be forever indebted xD).
My battle vs Iris from battle marsh is one of my favorite battles in this game, down to one poke each, Mega Blastoise vs Mega Gengar and that ending in a tie cus destiny bond , even though it means i lost, that was still so awesome!
A few bugs here and there but i''m sure you're aware of them already , the animation for power gem though, you could change that, i know no one cares about power gem, but just sayin xD.
So thanks a lot for your work man, i really hope this is one project that is seen through to the end, cus it's amazing!
This rom hack is just so amazing, it deserves to be finished!

Last edited:
Years
Really happy that the game is coming so good but kinda sad as I have used all of my pokeyens on pokeballs. Those eggs would be hard to get.
Did leppa berry actually worked in battles before? good to see it because it might be real usefull.
Yeah, Leppa Berries do work in battle.

So I look at the screenshots and i have question

How does the Egg selling thing work, Is the Pokemon that hatch from it random?
The different tiers of Eggs available for purchase range from Common, Uncommon, Rare to Super. Each tier has a pool of possible Pok?mon that the Egg could contain, and when you purchase an Egg one of these Pok?mon is selected from random. Obviously, the higher tiers will have better Pok?mon in their pools.

Do you intend on expanding the number of TMs?
At the moment there are no plans to, but I may in the future.

Loving the updates man! Can't wait for the next release!

I wanted to say though that, a while back I reported a bug and didn't see any response on that. When I evolved a pokemon (Pidgeotto to Pidgeot) in the Bug-Catching Contest, as soon as I left the area my game crashed...
I've not been able to recreate this bug I'm afraid, sorry.

Awesome Update the graphics looks elegant I'll be having my full support for this hack from here or now, cheers.
Thank you!

dude this hack is the best one i have ever played.Will you add more items to the battle marsh and will the other starters be available and what about the megas like ampharos and gallade?
GOOD JOB ON THE HACK ANYWAYS!!!!
Thank you! The Battle Marsh will likely get more items at its shop eventually, yes. Other starter Pok?mon will indeed become available, as well as other Mega Stones.

I have a question.Is posible to cmae out pokemon gaia beta 3 this year?
I can't really say whether or not because I don't know myself.

First of all, I want to say I LOVE this hack, can't wait for the next beta!

And so I found that:
- Infernape didn't take any recoil after using Flare Blitz
- Charmeleon didn't learn Flame Burst at level 32, is that because I used cheat to encounter and get my Charmander?

And after I did some damage test I found that Charizard's base stats changed the turn he mega evolved to Charizard Y, but the mega evolve didn't trigger Drought. Is it supposed to work this way? Isn't the mega evolve supposed to trigger Drought and bright out the sun?
Will you fix the Flare Blitz recoil damage bug and the Drought on Mega Evo bug for the next beta?
also I don't know if it is known or not but abomasnow doesn't summon the hail after mega evolving.
I will look into the error with Flare Blitz. Flame Burst is not in the game yet because I haven't coded the typeless splash damage effect it has in doubles, so it will not be in the learn sets of Pok?mon for which it is available at the moment. The issue with abilities not activating upon Mega Evolution has been fixed for the next release.

At the Telmurk Warehouses the map didn't show our location correctly. I'm guessing something like you didn't set our location in the map when we are inside the Telmurk Warehouses.

sxa0p1e.png

EDIT: This also happen in the Apex Temple and the Underground Path from Telmurk City to Telmurk Outskirts.
This should be fixed in the next release.

I think this hack rom is one of the best of them all. But there are some aspects that can improve. For example, for trainers like me who like to create a perfect Pok?mon, it should have NPC's or some key item that would show the Ev's and Iv's of our Pokemon. I love this game and every day I go here to see if it came to beta 3. Waiting anxiously for the news to come.
As mc.ace19 said, there is already a built-in way to see your Pok?mon's IVs on the summary screen. There will likely be an NPC added eventually with whom you can check a Pok?mon's EVs, too, but this hasn't been added yet and isn't a massive priority for me at this moment.

I noticed a bug in this game, my Stunky with the aftermath ability freezes the game when fainting himself. It was battling a zubat which used supersonic confusing stunky which then hit himself, hurting himself with aftermath.
View attachment 82445
View attachment 82446

attachments : screenshot and save state with confused stunky

edit:
Version: 0.2.5
Released: 02/11/2015, updated 28/01/2016
Thanks for reporting this, I will look into fixing it.

Hey! I must say that Gaia is one of the best pokemon games that I've ever played. Thing is, I just got to the the poison gym where I defeated the fifth trainer there (the one with the purple hair). The button right below him was supposed to turn red or green, but it remained gray. So basically, I'm stuck in the gym where I can't even go ahead or even exit the gym. I'm just stuck in there. I guess it's a bug or something. I had just evolved my floette into florges and I felt really disheartened when I had to stop playing the game. I hope that you look into this so that this doesn't happen to other amazing players out there! :-)
This bug has been fixed for the next version; in the mean time I suggest using a walk-through-walls cheat so you can at least continue.

I don't see it listed on the OP but is deletable HMs a thing? Or do we have to visit a move deleter every time?

Edit: Also, EV-reducing berries?
Currently yes you'll have to use the Move Deleter I'm afraid. EV-reducing berries have been added for the next release.

Just wondering if we'll get mons from Alola.
I've not decided on whether or not Pok?mon from Alola will appear in Gaia yet.

Hey! I have some doubts that I would like to comment on.

You see, there is a problem with goodra, I climbed to sliggoo to level 50 in Valoon Way as there is rain but when climbing to 50 it did not evolve.

Are you thinking of upgrading the initial pokemons? It would be great if you put the sixth generation Froakie Fennekin and Chespin, I think it combines with the story and vary slightly, apart from incorporating the type of fairy in the game, although I do not think it is a priority, it's just an idea.

Do you plan to include the motion tutor?

Oh and is it possible to capture Aipom early in the game?

I'm waiting for the next beta! I love your game, keep it! Thanks for everything.
I think the issue with Sliggoo's evolution method has been fixed for the next release. Froakie, Fennekin and Chespin will be obtainable. There are plenty of Move Tutors, some of whom require Shards. Aipom is not available terribly early; it's found in Valoon Way.

Hi, I just wanted to say that I just love this hack, and an excellent job to Spherical Ice for creating it. I just had a few questions, because I spent some time searching through this post and I couldn't find a definite answer.

- I know that all Pokemon up to the 6th generation are in the game's code, but will all of them be available at some point in the future (including legendaries of course)? Will I be able to trade if I chose Piplup as my starter and want to get the other 2?

- Will you at some point include all mega evolutions/primal reversions/alternate forms and sprite differences like pokeball Vivillion?

If you don't want to cram every corner with legendaries and pokemon from every gen, please consider having a post game island with all the leftovers, where us completionists can have our fun :P

Sorry for asking a lot of questions, but I am really excited about this game! Take all the time you need to make this the perfect hack :D

PS I have found some minor visual glitches and text errors here and there (like "you have found a the potion") , so if they persist after the new update I 'll let you know.
I don't want to make any promises for which Pok?mon will become available, unfortunately. Eventually there will be ways to get the other two starters you didn't choose, yes. Most Megas will appear, but I am not sure about Primal Reversions. Alola formes won't appear, but other forms may (and some already do). Vivillon hasn't appeared yet, so neither will its forms. If you could be more specific with where the text errors are, that would be very helpful. Thanks!

Hey Guys.
First of all, wonderfull game, i like it so far and cant wait for the v3 to come out. Really enjoying it.
I have a question that what what generation movesets are the pokes using? Or its different to every kind? Because im currently using mega beedrill, i breeded a better person weedle and wanted to rise till it learns bug bite. I read that beedrill can have it cuz of its prior evolution. I checked up prior generarations and find out that probably bedrills learnset is from 4-6 gen. But if i check back from 4 gen to present weedle learns Bug bite, but still its on lv16 (on lv15 or lv9 it learns as the gen trees showing) and still noting.
Possible that bedrill uses gen4 to present moveset but weedle moveset kept on gen2 or 3?
Or is it possible that not just dive & waterfall got taken out but also other different moves?
I wanted my beedrill to have a decent one shot bug skill not wanted to use u-turn TM on it.
Thanks in advance.
Zak~
Most move sets are accurate to OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, but some moves will be omitted for various reasons such as having incomplete effects or animations; Bug Bite is one such move that is absent, for now.

How much would be the level of new trainers we would first meet after the update? What I am trying to ask is I have 6 pokemon with level 48 and 11 with average 43 level. Hopefully I wouldn't outlevel the trainers.
Roughly around the high 30s to low 40s mark, initially.

Hello Guys again.
I encountered an interesting thing, it might be a bug.
I tried out breeding heracross used both male and female, i hatched their egg and a big suprise awaited me, i obtained mega heracross on lv1 :O directly mega evolved without a heracronite. I cant post the pic for proof tough.
This has been fixed for the next release.

Thank you! Power Gem's animation is indeed a placeholder.

In an earlier update I showed the outside of Edashore Town's Observatory. Let's take a look at what's inside!

lFX4f2J.png
cD2UzXv.png
RYwDYVK.png

uuqJjez.png
haxy3Pt.png
SicKJjr.png

To the east of Edashore Town is the Gyarados Bridge.

f0ebmoU.png
HNPXra8.png
e314AhW.png

After the Gyarados Bridge is Atsail City, which I won't be showing today. However, north of Atsail is the Loamas Fields.

hTewuGK.png
aXHjfPX.png
AWSNsft.png

Years
Spoiler:

Looking good, Sir Spheric!!! As usual, your work are great. >_<

I am glad that you are actually working on it. People have thought that this hack was discontinued.
Glad I stop by to take a look. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 21, 2020
Nice hack, I'm having a great time. Good job, Spherical, thanks for the effort!

Just got to Precimos Island, will definitely keep an eye on the thread. :)

Last edited:
Back