Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!

Old August 10th, 2015 (2:04 PM).

Hey guys, we have a fan art competition for you! If you have questions please ask You can also find a Fan Art Contest Resource Pack right here: https://mega.co.nz/#!QNU1HDib!-wixlTtRgO6hSzanRidoBULhag5yQ453RaN8lzDvDT0

Best of luck everyone, let's see some awesome artwork!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pkmnPR
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonphoenixrising/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pokemonphoenixrising

The winner of the contest will be featured in the actual final release of POKÉMON: PHOENIX RISING and will have their artwork and portfolio shared on all of our social media. Not only that, but your artwork will become our new Twitter banner!
Old August 11th, 2015 (10:35 AM).

Our interview with Radio Whirlwind, we start around the 20 minute mark and talk about the game and some new features. Give it a listen!
Old August 18th, 2015 (5:30 AM).

When you give us a demo ? :))
    Old August 18th, 2015 (2:29 PM). Edited August 19th, 2015 by seeker.

Release expected in 2016!

We're doing a stream right now over on Twitch if anyone wishes to join!

Over now, you can go ahead and watch the stream (or skip through it since it's very long) right here.
    Old August 20th, 2015 (4:52 AM).

I hovered over the old thread allot, and after it shut down i kept checking it once in a while just to see if it was running again.
      Yesterday i found this new one and i couldt be happpier to see that the best pokemon fan game was finally running again.

Your game art is much better then most fan games and you have a great story.

Keep up the good work man!
      Old August 25th, 2015 (4:55 AM).

love the screenshot
        bookmarked
        Old August 26th, 2015 (8:24 AM).

I must say that this game looks absolutely fantastic, clean, gorgeous and all the other compliments. Seriously your team should be hired at Gamefreak! Even though there might not be a Mega Evolution for Ho Oh I am looking forward to other new features.

The only thing I dont like are how the Battle slots are sorted . Were they moved Horizontaly to make a better view? Or were there any changes to it that I missed?

Either way I am dying for a demo but take your time . 2016 will be a fantastic year with all the new exciting fan games coming out!
          Old September 12th, 2015 (10:20 AM).
          Plague

Nature: Relaxed
            I have been following this project for a looooong time, today I just had a random thought: "Hey, I remember that Pokemon game that someone was making that looked amazing, pheraps it is back to development" and luckily it is. It's great to see this back on the road, it's been on development for so long that whenever I think about this game I already get nostalgia of the old me that was always searching for pokemon hacks and fangames x)

Keep it up, you're doing amazing work.
            Old September 25th, 2015 (12:00 PM).

I only registered here for your game, actually.

It's an AMAZING game, and i've been following this thread for a long time. Really, when do you gonna give us a demo?

Keep it up! PPR will be a great game to play.
              Old September 30th, 2015 (8:33 AM).

This month's update includes:
              • Full controller support
              • Move to RGSS3
              • 60FPS
              • "Let's Play Mode"
              • Screenshots from Ilacia City

Something we always wanted to deliver for Pokémon: Phoenix Rising is a full PC game experience. As a team we’ve all played fan games and loved them. However there was a common theme throughout, and that was a small screen that takes up a small amount of your monitor. Well today we announce a whole new full screen option we name the “Let’s Play Version”! The mode was inspired by Let’s Players who take advantage of the entire screen with elements such as current Pokémon in their party, current location, and so on. We decided we would do something similar. The Let’s Play Mode or “LP Mode” for short, has several features. In the center you have your game screen. So the action is always right in front of you. To each side of your game screen there are multiple GUI elements that aid you in your game, you can see your Party and their current health and status, your registered items and what button each of them are mapped to, your region map and where you’re currently located, and plenty more.

We understand that everyone has different tastes too. So we’re not only adding several themes for you to choose from, we’re even giving you the ability to create and share your own themes with ease. Each theme can also have its own night, and day time option in which you can switch between on the fly. You’ll have a Theme Options menu which you can access easily from the interface where you can customise your options, choose new themes, and more.

Check it out below, click the image to see it in full size.

Some screenshots from Ilacia City, once again, click for full size!

Until next time!
              Old September 30th, 2015 (10:42 AM).
              Focus.

Nature: Calm
                Keeping up the high quality I see. Makes me want to go and revamp all my tile textures haha.
                LP mode looks really useful as well. Keep it up Gav & the team

Old October 1st, 2015 (7:28 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
                New screenshots are looking great! I love the look of Ilacia City.

Now, I think the "LP Mode" is a unique feature, but I'm not too hot on the look of it. You use really nice, smooth textures, but I don't know. It just doesn't seem to fit the pixelated look the rest of the game has (from what I've seen). Maybe you could do something to make it look more like that?
                Old October 1st, 2015 (9:06 AM). Edited October 1st, 2015 by COOLTRAINER♂.
                Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe

I wouldn't sacrifice the readability of the screen to stick to a corny pixel art style personally. It certainly matches the style (and far exceeds the polish) of overlays and sidebars I've seen in popular LPs/streams of Pokemon.
                  Old October 2nd, 2015 (2:21 PM).

Noticing this project was one of the primary reasons why I decided to join PC, I'd like to keep closer tabs on it. Speaking from someone who's been around ROM hacks and fangames for several years and having ideas for one myself, I really do like the mount of polish this has in comparison to other Pokémon fangames I've seen(then again that number is still low). Also really digging the musical motif this has going on, little touches like that are cute, haha.

Like the concept of an LP Mode, but I also agree that as it stands it looks a bit too different from the main game. (I personally wouldn't use myself, I'm not too big on fluff unless I have reason to use it, but the gesture is really cool all the same)

I wish there were something I could do to contribute to this but I have a killer personal backload. All the same, hope things go well for this project!
                    Old October 2nd, 2015 (11:37 PM). Edited October 11th, 2015 by Wayne18.
                    ACE Trainer

Nature: Quiet
                    Keep Up the awesome work, can't wait to play it when it comes out in the future
                    Old October 4th, 2015 (9:25 AM).

Please... 2016... Come faster! (No dirty joke intended)
                      Old October 5th, 2015 (7:53 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Hopeless Masquerade View Post
                      New screenshots are looking great! I love the look of Ilacia City.

Now, I think the "LP Mode" is a unique feature, but I'm not too hot on the look of it. You use really nice, smooth textures, but I don't know. It just doesn't seem to fit the pixelated look the rest of the game has (from what I've seen). Maybe you could do something to make it look more like that?
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mage Knight 404 View Post
                      Noticing this project was one of the primary reasons why I decided to join PC, I'd like to keep closer tabs on it. Speaking from someone who's been around ROM hacks and fangames for several years and having ideas for one myself, I really do like the mount of polish this has in comparison to other Pokémon fangames I've seen(then again that number is still low). Also really digging the musical motif this has going on, little touches like that are cute, haha.

Like the concept of an LP Mode, but I also agree that as it stands it looks a bit too different from the main game. (I personally wouldn't use myself, I'm not too big on fluff unless I have reason to use it, but the gesture is really cool all the same)

I wish there were something I could do to contribute to this but I have a killer personal backload. All the same, hope things go well for this project!
                      As stated in the announcement, you can make your own themes as well as choose from a number of currently created ones. You'll be able to download themes created by others and use them for yourself. So if you don't like the current theme, it shouldn't be a problem.

I also forgot to reveal our new Rival (Gavin has been scrapped completely). This is Perrin, they are a traveler and native of another region known as Estelia.

Old October 5th, 2015 (11:25 PM).

Ah, missed the note about having adjustable themes. Very good, then, I'm sure I could find one that I'd be comfortable with.

New rival looks sick ill, gotta respect one who's ace is the all American Pokémon!
                        Old October 6th, 2015 (1:35 PM).
                        ಥдಥ

Nature: Calm

Because I love you Gav!
                        Spoiler:

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
                        HARDCORE EDITION
                        To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...
                        Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
                        Old October 19th, 2015 (5:52 AM).

Nature: Mild
                          I just started following this project recently thanks to my friend (Shout outs to Mr. Alex Night) and wow this looks...uh...wow I think this is the first time I've been at a loss for words.
                          This is one of the coolest projects I've seen in the community, the LP mode especially excites me cause I've always wanted to take a crack at being a pokemon person like Natewantstobattle or ShadyPenguin.
                          question: will all the currently existing Megas be in the game (please don't take Mega Beedrill from me good sir)
                          Old November 1st, 2015 (11:33 AM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by DJ-Hyrul3 View Post
                          question: will all the currently existing Megas be in the game (please don't take Mega Beedrill from me good sir)
                          Thank you for the comments! And the answer is that they will be, unfortunately Beedrill is not in our Regional Dex, sorry about that!

This month's releases:
                          • Regional Pokédex
                          • Release Details
                          • Oracle Regan
                          • Mega Froslass

Regional Pokédex
                          Spoiler:

Release Details
                          I had hoped to write an open letter some time ago, however what I wished to talk about needed to be postponed slightly. We get a lot of questions regarding when the game will come out, if it will be a beta, demo, or full release and if there will be any form of testing.

First of all, I want to quell some expectations. While I can honestly say some of the most talented people I know work with me on Pokémon: Phoenix Rising; we remain a group of amateurs in the games industry. We work on this game in our spare time, and while our team is large not all of us contribute daily, weekly, or even monthly. Some of us are a lot more involved, but everyone has their very important role on the team. Due to this, development can't, and never will be, as smooth and quick as official games. We do this for free when we have time and we're doing our best to show fans that we are dedicated and wish to deliver a game you'll all enjoy. When it boils down to it, we still remain human and this is something we do out of passion, and we can't thank you all enough for being supportive and extremely patient.

Due to popular demand, we will be releasing a "demo" in 2016. The tentative date for this release will be Early 2016, and we're working hard to get this to you as early as possible. We're calling this "Pokémon: Phoenix Rising Episode: 1". In total the base game is anticipated to have a total of 2 episodes. In future we hope to create more if people enjoy the game.

Beta testing will begin in a few months and we will be opening methods to the public to be involved. More information on this to come later.

To summarise:

• Pokémon: Phoenix Rising Episode 1 being worked on for Early 2016, final date to come once the episode is ready. This will be partial to the full release we aim to finish.

• Beta testing will be starting in a few months, and we will be giving a certain amount of fans a chance to get involved. Pokémon: Phoenix Rising is very ambitious in what we're trying to achieve as a fan game. So we hope that our hard work will be met with your continued support and patience. We'll work hard to get Episode 1 to you in Early 2016, we'll be sure to let you know when we have a date as soon as we're ready to reveal one.

Oracle Regan

Phone Wallpaper

Mega Froslass

Something I forgot to upload was this developer video regarding Xbox 360 Controller support.

That's it for today, thanks for reading!
                          Old November 1st, 2015 (3:55 PM).

Really digging that Regional Dex lineup; feels very Johto with it, aside from the number count. Hits close to home with me.

Here comes Mega Frosslass with all of her spooky strats.
                            Old November 1st, 2015 (4:32 PM).
                            ACE Trainer

Nature: Quiet
                            Love the Mega Froslass, hope to play this really soon
                            Old November 1st, 2015 (5:36 PM).
                            Azure Trainer

Talonflame, Rhyperior, Haxorus, Magmortar, 4 pseudo-legendaries and a nice choice of legendaries.
                              That´s a good Regional dex for me. (Sadly, no Electivire/Kingdra)

And that Mega-Lass... wow!

Pokemon Reborn - Pokemon Rejuvenation - Pokemon Zeta/Omicron/Insurgence

Hacks I support:
                              Fire Red Nameless - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Theta Emerald EX - Snowy White
                              Old November 1st, 2015 (8:51 PM).
                              MasterBall Abuser

Nature: Bashful
                                No elekid = no play

Quick Reply