• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Amethyst

What name is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
I remember the old thread and that time i thought its one of the best:)
this time it looks graphically better and everything...but onw thing bothered me really...
in the story is written in gray's diary that he want to find that pokemon who killed his father..means this that his father was one of the scientists??? if yes the hero cant be the son of one of the scientist os he is 15 mewtwo was created 16 years ago emans one year after mewtwo atacked the scientist...
or did the father of the hero died later from an other atak of mewtwo...
anywasy i hope you luck;)

Years
None of the above - pick a theme, like Nintendo have colours for towns and cities, try doing something like that for the route. Or even make them relevant to the towns/cities/areas they connect to (i.e the route next to Happy City is called Happy Route. and wow that sounds like a drug term). But that's a pretty minor part so I wouldn't dwell on it much.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2012
looks good cant wait to play it when it comes out ill be checkin back every so often GL :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2018
You must be really good with pallets and that stuff since you managed to get kyledove tiles which uses more then 16 colors to your hack! And pretty amazing mapping there. I hope to see more!

marcc5m

what
Years
I remember the old thread and that time i thought its one of the best:)
this time it looks graphically better and everything...but onw thing bothered me really...
in the story is written in gray's diary that he want to find that pokemon who killed his father..means this that his father was one of the scientists??? if yes the hero cant be the son of one of the scientist os he is 15 mewtwo was created 16 years ago emans one year after mewtwo atacked the scientist...
or did the father of the hero died later from an other atak of mewtwo...
anywasy i hope you luck;)

Thanks.
Yeah, that was a mistake, thanks for pointing that out to me. :)

None of the above - pick a theme, like Nintendo have colours for towns and cities, try doing something like that for the route. Or even make them relevant to the towns/cities/areas they connect to (i.e the route next to Happy City is called Happy Route. and wow that sounds like a drug term). But that's a pretty minor part so I wouldn't dwell on it much.

I think I'm going to go with giving the routes proper names.

looks good cant wait to play it when it comes out ill be checkin back every so often GL :)

Thanks. :)

You must be really good with pallets and that stuff since you managed to get kyledove tiles which uses more then 16 colors to your hack! And pretty amazing mapping there. I hope to see more!

Thanks, they were a pain to insert. xD

Here's an update at last:

I was going to upload this sooner but I accidentally deleted the file so major thanks goes to DrFuji for re-scripting it for me, and a few edits here and there were made by me.
Tiles, overworlds, music and the ugly Mew script are going to be changed eventually.

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
Whoa, that's a great script! I'm wondering how you got these mughots, the borderless script is great, it looks real, however the music is a little quiet, D: However the text box is real nice, The mewtwo exploding out of that is also great, I really don't have any complaints except one, replace the Scientist OWs and Elite Four's OW with someone else but you are replacing it, so then I'm satisfied, perfect score!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I would start of saying that the scripts is just pure awesomeness!
I really look forward to trying out this hack, since it sounds like something new, and the intro part is based on the first movie (kind of)
Also the tiles are great, and the sprites are great, especially Bulbasaur, even though he doesn't get any love >_>
I wish you the best of luck with this hack, and I hope you won't give up on it that fast :D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Cool script, brah. Who ever made it must have been really talented

Anyway, this hack is looking very nice. I really like the outdoor tiles as they are very vibrant and really go well together, but the interior tiles (at least in your house) are extremely muted which is a pretty big contrast.

I'd have to agree with a number of people on the first page, Bulbasaur does look pretty derpy. Good job so far man, I hope to see more like this in the future :3

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Woh, that was a really good script! I like the mugshots and everything!

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
A lot of harmony between its tiles / palletes / mapped a very nice combination, I really liked the whole aspect of this game graphic, I hope that the events are also very good, and continue with this quality at work.

marcc5m

what
Years
Whoa, that's a great script! I'm wondering how you got these mughots, the borderless script is great, it looks real, however the music is a little quiet, D: However the text box is real nice, The mewtwo exploding out of that is also great, I really don't have any complaints except one, replace the Scientist OWs and Elite Four's OW with someone else but you are replacing it, so then I'm satisfied, perfect score!

I got them from spriters resource. :)
Thanks. Overworlds are being replaced :)

I would start of saying that the scripts is just pure awesomeness!
I really look forward to trying out this hack, since it sounds like something new, and the intro part is based on the first movie (kind of)
Also the tiles are great, and the sprites are great, especially Bulbasaur, even though he doesn't get any love >_>
I wish you the best of luck with this hack, and I hope you won't give up on it that fast :D

<3 Bulba.
"that fast"?

The new script looks good (Pokémon First movie o.O'')

No, Pokemon DarkGrey ;)

Cool script, brah. Who ever made it must have been really talented

Anyway, this hack is looking very nice. I really like the outdoor tiles as they are very vibrant and really go well together, but the interior tiles (at least in your house) are extremely muted which is a pretty big contrast.

I'd have to agree with a number of people on the first page, Bulbasaur does look pretty derpy. Good job so far man, I hope to see more like this in the future :3

No, he is a horrible scripter with BO and no dress sense.

Thanks. I'm looking on getting some new outdoor tiles.

Bulbaepic :(
Thankz bbs.

In the video, it looks like the professor is doing some sort of freakin black magic sort of thing, he just levitates forward lol, you should change that.

Overworlds will be changed :)

Awesome intro script! Mewtwo was really awesome there =D
"Who ever made it must have been really talented"
xD xD

Woh, that was a really good script! I like the mugshots and everything!

A lot of harmony between its tiles / palletes / mapped a very nice combination, I really liked the whole aspect of this game graphic, I hope that the events are also very good, and continue with this quality at work.

...I just found a gym tile now that I looked at your sig :P

Update!
I wish...ok, I'm very lazy, but! Starting Thursday is the Summer holidays, so I can do lots of epic haxing stuff, and I'm hoping to get a big update ready for the 26th. Also, how would you guys feel about some unobtainable Pokemon in the hack? Some Trainers will use them and some will be given out as mystery events. I have under 211 spaces I still need to use so might as well fill them up with something xD

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
That's cool, we'll get updates soon ^ ^

Also, I'd like to have some unattainable Pokemon, just make it obtainable in some event or something, it'll be almost like a Legendary, I think you should make a post of an event patch or something right after the hack is out, so eh it's your choice, however, I think it's a great idea :)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Sorry, I only meant to say I hope you don't give up on it :/
Anyways, unobtainable pokémon sounds nice, but won't that just make people use gameshark to obtain them?

marcc5m

what
Years
That's cool, we'll get updates soon ^ ^

Also, I'd like to have some unattainable Pokemon, just make it obtainable in some event or something, it'll be almost like a Legendary, I think you should make a post of an event patch or something right after the hack is out, so eh it's your choice, however, I think it's a great idea :)

Sooner than you think ;)

Yeah, they'll mostly be events. However I've decided that some will require you to use your head to obtain them. As in they'll only be obtained through puzzles and chain events. Some might even be fakemon.

Sorry, I only meant to say I hope you don't give up on it :/
Anyways, unobtainable pokémon sounds nice, but won't that just make people use gameshark to obtain them?

No worries xD
Yeah, maybe, but that's really not my problem :)

Update!
For once...
I really didn't like the tiles I was using before, as they all clashed with each other imo.
So I'm replacing most tiles. Here are some new trees and grass:
new_tiles__d_by_altariaking-d3jkod8.png

Trees are made by me, using Kyledove's as a base and are private
Paths are next :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I like the tiles, except for the fact that the trees look blended together, which feels off. Other wise looks great!

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
haha looks great i wana see this hack with more progress lol screenies are great they impress me lol

Sazandora

bleh
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
I like the tiles, except for the fact that the trees look blended together, which feels off. Other wise looks great!

I don't know, I quite like that effect, I hate how the trees aren't blended in together in the mainstream games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back