• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Thanks for the reply, quick noobish question, where abouts can I find a list of things like the fanfare music, and movements for Pokemon Emerald? I've been working off youtube videos for the most part.
A possible list you can look at can be found from Advance Map when loading your Emerald ROM, at the Header view under Map Options; Music.

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Thanks for the reply, quick noobish question, where abouts can I find a list of things like the fanfare music, and movements for Pokemon Emerald? I've been working off youtube videos for the most part.

Normally you can find those things in Sappy, you just have to change the number of the song to a lower number than the songs that are listed on the program.

And also... what do you exactly mean by "movements for Pokémon Emerald? Do you mean the movement permissions?

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Here's the sound effects:- http://wahackpokemon.com/es/tutorial-gba/sonido
And the raw movement numbers (what I think you meant):-
Spoiler:

Now for my question:- (I'm using Emerald as a base ROM if it makes any difference) Which tileset palettes are for the secondary tileset only on tileset 42 (the inside you and your rival's house tileset)?

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2019
my brother and i want to use our own pokemon in our hack. how would we keep the color for our made sprites when putting them in the game.

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
Is there a particular reason why people insert tiles first? Besides the obvious using them to map part I mean.

For example, if I wanted to have some custom tiles for like the 6th gym, but don't want to create them yet, will there be an adverse effect if I insert them in later on instead of right at the beginning?

And here's another question. When I script, I mess up a lot of the times, reword my messages, change my mind about certain things, etc. Every time I change something, I use up more space on my ROM, especially for the larger scripts. I'm currently eating up my 800000's pretty quickly, and I'm worried that I might "run out" of room on my ROM.

Is this a valid concern?

Thanks in advance.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Is there a particular reason why people insert tiles first? Besides the obvious using them to map part I mean.

For example, if I wanted to have some custom tiles for like the 6th gym, but don't want to create them yet, will there be an adverse effect if I insert them in later on instead of right at the beginning?

And here's another question. When I script, I mess up a lot of the times, reword my messages, change my mind about certain things, etc. Every time I change something, I use up more space on my ROM, especially for the larger scripts. I'm currently eating up my 800000's pretty quickly, and I'm worried that I might "run out" of room on my ROM.

Is this a valid concern?

Thanks in advance.

after 800000 you can move on too 900000 the A00000 and so on (minus a few bytes around D00000). This means you're not in danger of running out of space uneless you're doing a WHOLE lot. Also in the event you make it to FFFFFF you can always just resize the rom to 32mb. Then you move on to 1000000.

tl;dr you have nothing to worry about.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

Is this a valid concern?

Thanks in advance.
If you need to remove a script so you can fit a new one in it's place, try using the #remove command in XSE.
#remove removes the script at the offset you specify, but leaves behind the texts, movements, and other extras from that script, if you want to remove those too, use #removeall.

Equin

Got it memorized?
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
Now for my question:- (I'm using Emerald as a base ROM if it makes any difference) Which tileset palettes are for the secondary tileset only on tileset 42 (the inside you and your rival's house tileset)?
Of course it makes a difference! Not all ROMs share the same palettes, aye?

Now, straight to the point, on the block editor:

Palette 0 - The wall (the first 3 blocks from the right on, the first row and the first two blocks from the left, on the second row)
Palette 5 - The television box (the first 3 blocks from the right, on the first row)
Palette 6 - The floor, doorcase, etc (the first 3 blocks from the right, on the first row)
Palette 6 - the windows/television body (the three blue blocks, on the second row)
Palette 6 - The carpet (the pink blocks-last three on the second row)
Palette 7 - The mat (first 4 blocks from the left, on the second row)
Palette 7 - Cabinet purple glass/bed (last three blocks on the first row)

I hope this is what you asked for.

Equin

Got it memorized?
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
Is there a tutorial on how to change the Prof. Oak sprite in the intro to FireRed?
There is a relevant one located here and it's pretty easy to find. The content is about the Hero's sprite, but you can work around the same way to do Oak's sprite.

Last edited:

awesome_mon:]

N00B :p
Years
Trainer Sprites & Tittle Screen

I'm having trouble adding trainer sprites to the rom. Also I'm trying to change the tittle screen intro. Any suggested programs that I can use?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I'm having trouble adding trainer sprites to the rom. Also I'm trying to change the tittle screen intro. Any suggested programs that I can use?
For inserting sprites, you'll need unlz-GBA, Free Space Finder, and lots of more stuff. Make sure it's indexed to 16 colors. You should be more specific on the problems you're having inserting the sprites.

For inserting a titlescreen, you'll need... Tools such as Advance Palette Editor, unlz-GBA, Nameless Tile Map Editor, and probably another tool I'm forgetting... This tutorial and this tutorial can be helpful for you on inserting a titlescreen.

As for the tools, like in the Toolbox section. Most tools I listed are there.

Civet

Civet the Cat
Years
Is there any way that we can change the shiny Pokémon encounter ratio? I'm in good progress of making a Pokémon Fire Red hack and I am looking to edit the encounter ratio from 1/8192 to perhaps 0.2-0.4%. Thanks in advance!

Gigafrost

Pokemon GBA Spriter and Coder
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Going to Make a Custom ROM - Budlum is colored wrong!

I have seen some of the work that the modders here have done and I believe that I want to step into the game and develop my own Version of the franchise. But I have one problem, The first pokemon that I am editing, Budlum, is colored wrong.

Well, at least his back sprite is... (see battle picture)

As you know It replaces number 669 in the index of the rom file, AKA, bulbasaur's back sprite (ofcourse) and I followed the tutorial on how to get him into the game (MUCH credit to Maco's tutorial) but for some reason it just doesn't want to listen to me when it comes to spriting. I also want to add that I'm trying to import the back sprite as a shiny variation (I believe that's what you're supposed to do??). I noticed that the indexxed images of the pokemon show the front pokemon in normal color and then the back sprite is of the shiny pokemon when using the program, Unlz. I tried using the normal colored version but it gave me the same result..

Any help on what I should do? Tried searching for the answer but haven't found anything. The pokemon itself seems to function, I even tried editing it with YAPE and I was able to change the name type pokedex entry, everything, just that darn sprite won't change.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
Well I've searched for a bit and really couldn't find the answer to this one little question. What does special 0x187 do? It's found in the scripts for Pokemon Centers, Pokemarts, Cut trees, and other various things and I just really want to know what it does specifically.

My guess has been that it runs a check of sorts on whether you actually have a Pokemon? I really don't know.

Edit: Wait, I forgot, I found a post involving taking out the special 0x187 to make the Marowak ghost catchable and chose to push it out of my mind because I was even more confused. Does it make things uncatchable? Does it just do various things? Gaaah....
Edit2: Waitwaitwait, so more digging finds that if special 0x187 true, the script just ends? This is all just adding more and more questions. XD If it wasn't obvious, I'm dying to know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back