• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglax

Are you sure you wanna do that
Years
  • FL
  • Seen Aug 20, 2007
How do I change what a signpost says when the only program I have usable is AdvanceMap (and A-text 3.1 doesn't work for me...)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 12, 2009
(I searched for this question, but nothing came up, so if there is a question like this one already...oh well)Where do I get a Ruby rom? I have all the hacking tools. Now I need the rom. I got it before, but I forget where. All the websites that have the word "emu" in it, don't work on my computer. Most other websites that claim they have roms on them, sometimes don't. I did download it just now, but when I tried to ecxtract the files, it said I needed a password.HELP!!! please

kinglax

Years
  • FL
  • Seen Aug 20, 2007
I have a ruby ROM if you'd like me to send it to you. On one condition.

Can you please text edit for me?

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2007
Are there any good hacks with fakemon? I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

I mean a hack that has balanced pokemon, with well-thought evolutions/moves.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Are there any good hacks with fakemon? I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

I mean a hack that has balanced pokemon, with well-thought evolutions/moves.

I know one hack that has so many fakepokemons. It's POKEMON Quartz.

Heard of it..? Eheheh...

Hope I helped... =3

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
Can someone helped me
once i've loaded my rom into the hex editor, how do i load the table file?
i still need
-Help to change badges
-help with pokecry
-how to change a map so you can fly to new places on the map (eg:where water was earlier)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2007
In Quartz they're mostly just disguised. You think it's a new pokemon, and then you realize it's just a squirtle with a facelift.

Anyway, I have played it, but thanks for the suggestion.

Years
hi
i have a problem with a map. it used to be fine but now when i step in certain positions the rom resets.
heres a vid :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XUo3BZhDkU

if anyone can help that would be good.

This keeps happening to me aswell. It's so annoying having to go to an old backup that dosen't have that problem. Could someone tell me what I've done wrong so I can stop doing it?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Mewtwo42 said:
Where did you get the Pokemon Ruby ROM?

This is not the place to request roms...

linkandzelda said:
hi
i have a problem with a map. it used to be fine but now when i step in certain positions the rom resets.
heres a vid :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XUo3BZhDkU

if anyone can help that would be good.

Check your movement permissions(that is what it looks like), if it is not that just reset your rom or try a different map...

Years
Just on your above post Blazichu, i've been trying to find what I've done wrong. It seems to only happen to me when I make Cut trees hidden or delete them. Am I wrong in saying this?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
thethethethe said:
Just on your above post Blazichu, i've been trying to find what I've done wrong. It seems to only happen to me when I make Cut trees hidden or delete them. Am I wrong in saying this?

I haven't seen the map in detail so that could be the problem...they might contain in-built scripts which might need to be removed with a hex editor.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
I'm having a problem with downloading Sappy 2006.

Everytime I download Sappy 2006 and run it after it's installation I always get this error:

I've tried downloading the program on two different sources and another computer and I get the same result everytime. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it the program itself? Is there any way I can fix this so I can use the program properly?

Also:

Can anyone tell me how to hex edit out the Viridian City Pokemart event?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
i have a question.
somthing i have been wondering is. in advance map what is the flight position for.

Frostbite: with the looks of that error it might have somthing to do with a missing file in windows but not sure. if your on vista it might have somthing to do with that. about the pokemart event. i think you can edit the level script using elite map. plus i think it has somthing to do with this command:

setvar 0x4057 0x1

thats all i can help you with. hope it helps

kinglax

Years
  • FL
  • Seen Aug 20, 2007
1: Where can I get a DS emulator??

2: Ok if I get an error report sender everytime i try to open A-text, how can I fix it???

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
i have a question.
somthing i have been wondering is. in advance map what is the flight position for.

Frostbite: with the looks of that error it might have somthing to do with a missing file in windows but not sure. if your on vista it might have somthing to do with that. about the pokemart event. i think you can edit the level script using elite map. plus i think it has somthing to do with this command:

setvar 0x4057 0x1

thats all i can help you with. hope it helps
Flight Position is the place where you land when you use "FLY".
(Pokecenter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back