• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Land of the Maple Leaf ~ Canadian Club

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'll be going to see fireworks with my girlfriend tonight at Old Port. I hope I won't get bitten by a hundred mosquitoes tonight.. I already had a huge dose of it last night :C

Years
Username: Knormageddon
Relation to Canada: I've lived in Canada all of my life. :]
Favourite Province: British Columbia

Canada! The only place in the world where you can open a door for 5 people, and get 6 'Thank you's. I love hockey, although it's pretty hard when you're not a fan of the local team (For me, the Canucks). C'est la vie, oui?

Years
Username: LilithJedi
Relation to Canada: Born and raised in Canada
Favourite Province: BC/Ontario

I especially love my country after taking trips to the US haha

Years
I've got to say, I really haven't paid much attention to the media coverage surrounding the Prince's birth, especially since the monarchy is just symbolic at this point rather than having actual power. I'm just glad I'm not actually over in the UK, where basically their whole week has been taken over by it.

That aside, I guess it's kind of neat to see the birth of someone that'll be on all of our coins in 50 or 60 years (if they still exist, that is), but other than that, I don't treat it any differently than if some Hollywood celebrity just had a kid. And gossip and entertainment news always seems to outshine any "real news" anyways, so it's not like we're seeing anything new.

Years
So tomorrow morning I'm setting off on a journey to Eastern Canada! Gonna visit the eastern peninsula of Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and PEI. No stop in Montreal unfortunately on the way there :\ But yeah! Shoutouts to all of you I don't know who live in Eastern Canada :P

Years
Aww mang you live there? It's far D: I'm going on a road trip, and my family doesn't plan on trekking through Ungava to get to Labrador. Would a ferry trip to NFLD take long?

Years
Please don't automatically think this is a double post ><

Quebec City is as beautiful as ever! Fredericton is pretty too. I went to the University of New Brunswick, cute little place, and I have to say the city is as bilingual as it gets. Going camping tomorrow!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I never ran into anyone speaking French when I went to New Brunswick. I've been a few times, including one time when we drove back to NS from Quebec. :P Maybe I just wasn't paying attention because I was younger and couldn't speak French but I remember being really surprised when I learnt it was really the only bilingual province.

My roommate visited the Atlantic provinces the other week and I'm so jealous of him. ;_; I miss them so much, especially in the summertime.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I'm a Canadian! :D

May I please sign up?

Username: Shimmer Mint
Relation to Canada: I was born and raised in Ontario all of my life. I've never lived anywhere else.
Favourite Province: Ontario
Reason for Joining (optional): I'm a Canadian :D

Years
I don't know if the owner of the club is still around, but consider yourself in! I dunno if anything Canadian happened lately though :P

Years
Yeah, unfortunately Cosmo left PC back in March, so the main post is fairly outdated at this point (I know that we were supposed to vote on a new owner, but I don't think anything became of that).

And the only exciting thing happening right now is that hockey's back! (though, I know that it isn't that popular of a topic in this club). Oh, and our government hasn't put 800,000 people on unpaid leave because of squabbling, unlike a certain neighbour to the south.

Years
Oh word, that's true. But there's this in the 2013 budget apparently:

Some goods affected by these tariff increases include solid-state drives and USB devices (from no tariff to 6%), most of which are imported from China, South Korea, Thailand and Malaysia, four of the nations losing GPT status.

Are you ****ing kidding me? Please don't tax my electronic goods. Asia is the future. At least our budgetary deficits are measured in tens of billions instead of, you know, thousands.

Years
I was more excited about hearing the participants than anything, but none of them outside Anson Carter really interest me, so I probably won't watch it. I love the idea though, and would much rather watch that than Dancing with the Stars.

Pickle-Spaghetti

Spread the bean buns
Years
As I am Canadian, I think it would be 100% mandatory I join this club :D

Username: Pickle-Spaghetti
Relation to Canada: I was born and raised here, I am living in alberta
Favourite Province: My FAVOURITE province? Well surpisingly not the one I'm living in. I much prefer BC the best
Reason for Joining (optional): I am Canadian and, well, i just felt like it yeah xD

Years
Can't let this die!

So, with the American Thanksgiving coming up later this month, I'm curious whether you guys think our early October holiday is better, or if you'd rather have a late November Thanksgiving, and all of the hoopla that comes with it (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc.).

Years
I guess I always forget that Americans don't get Remembrance Day off as well, so it makes a little more sense to have one holiday in October and November, rather than 2 within a couple of weeks. While I'm sure a good number of people would take advantage of Black Friday, I'd much rather have it a little earlier on too, because November always seems to have poor weather (I think it's been sunny one day this month so far out west).

Back