• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: HG / SS Music Patch [FR] [EM]

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Anyway, I have a problem with my ROM, most tracks don't work (HGSS ones). The GBA music just plays. I tried the manual patch 6 times. All the original Emerald music is there, the only ones that get changed are the routes, but the battle themes and such... they just seem to not be there at all.
It's like patching it doesn't have any effect whatsoever. It's odd. The only thing I've done to the ROM after patching it is some mapping and inserting tilesets. This is strange... since between tilesets and mapping there is basically no interference with music. I tried playing a bit with the songtable in hex but no luck :\ You guys had any similar problem in the past?
Anyway, the only way to make it all work is just exporting the songs from a clean patched Emerald rom and re-inserting in sappy in my hack, using the same offsets. Seems to work perfect, but it's better to be one the safe side xD

Strange... I'll check it out tomorrow and make sure that my manual has the correct information. Can you tell me exactly which songs work and which ones don't work?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
You mean the only thing left to do is to port the songs, loop them and insert? Fill me up, I might be able to help out when I get some free time. It'd be more comfortable to use something like Skype or the likes.
Anyway, I have a problem with my ROM, most tracks don't work (HGSS ones). The GBA music just plays. I tried the manual patch 6 times. All the original Emerald music is there, the only ones that get changed are the routes, but the battle themes and such... they just seem to not be there at all.
It's like patching it doesn't have any effect whatsoever. It's odd. The only thing I've done to the ROM after patching it is some mapping and inserting tilesets. This is strange... since between tilesets and mapping there is basically no interference with music. I tried playing a bit with the songtable in hex but no luck :\ You guys had any similar problem in the past?
Anyway, the only way to make it all work is just exporting the songs from a clean patched Emerald rom and re-inserting in sappy in my hack, using the same offsets. Seems to work perfect, but it's better to be one the safe side xD

Teamviewer helps more since I can control CPUs from it. And it's not THAT simple, but due to my progress it WILL be that simple XD
Plus don't forget about the GB music

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
Strange... I'll check it out tomorrow and make sure that my manual has the correct information. Can you tell me exactly which songs work and which ones don't work?

In a nutshell, nearly everything after "Shoal Cave" in the Sappy list is all GBA, Including the Shoal Cave one. I'll make a list later. It's odd, since Shoal Cave was replaced by the Burned Tower theme and the Island Cave theme was replaced with the Dragons Den one, so were all the Battle themes. But in my ROM they play the original tracks. In a clean PATCHED Emerald rom all the new songs are there.

Teamviewer helps more since I can control CPUs from it. And it's not THAT simple, but due to my progress it WILL be that simple XD
Plus don't forget about the GB music

Will send you a PM.

BTW, yay for me for Beta Testing xD lol

Last edited:

Wobbu

Years
In a nutshell, nearly everything after "Shoal Cave" in the Sappy list is all GBA, Including the Shoal Cave one. I'll make a list later. It's odd, since Shoal Cave was replaced by the Burned Tower theme and the Island Cave theme was replaced with the Dragons Den one, so were all the Battle themes. But in my ROM they play the original tracks. In a clean PATCHED Emerald rom all the new songs are there.

Will send you a PM.

BTW, yay for me for Beta Testing xD lol

Are you sure that you used the most recent manual? All of the songs from Shoal Cave and after were the songs made for the second update.

Also note that only the FireRed, Ruby, LeafGreen, and Sapphire patches need assistance, I'm still working on the Emerald patch (slowly but surely).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
Are you sure that you used the most recent manual? All of the songs from Shoal Cave and after were the songs made for the second update.

Also note that only the FireRed, Ruby, LeafGreen, and Sapphire patches need assistance, I'm still working on the Emerald patch (slowly but surely).

Yes, I used Manual 1.2. Didn't work. I re-downloaded Manual 1.2 just to be completely sure. Same results. I'm just reinserting the tracks again using the same offsets and pointers in Sappy. No problems so far.

Wobbu

Years
Yes, I used Manual 1.2. Didn't work. I re-downloaded Manual 1.2 just to be completely sure. Same results. I'm just reinserting the tracks again using the same offsets and pointers in Sappy. No problems so far.

I figured out the problem. I didn't add the changed pointers in the song table in Table.bit for the Manual1_2.rar. It's fixed now. Here's a link.

Thank you for pointing this out (and the bug that you pointed out earlier).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
I figured out the problem. I didn't add the changed pointers in the song table in Table.bit for the Manual1_2.rar. It's fixed now. Here's a link.

Thank you for pointing this out (and the bug that you pointed out earlier).

No problem! Glad to be of help.

GoGoJJTech

Years
1.2 of the Emerald patch has been fixed. Just re-click the download guys

Wobbu

Years
I know it's been a while, but I've finally updated the Emerald patch!
More songs have been added and I've also attempted to fix the endless noise bug.
If want to apply the patch to a hacked Emerald ROM, be sure to follow the manual that's included in the .rar archive.

Link

List of new songs:
Spoiler:

GoGoJJTech

Years
Nice Jsziede, did you update the thread on romhack?

Wobbu

Years
With a new month comes a new update. I present version 1.4 of the Emerald patch! With most of the open world themes finished, all that's left are the encounter themes and fanfares. If there is a theme from HGSS that you like and is missing from the Emerald patch, please send me a message.

Link

Changed songs include:
Spoiler:

There is also a manual included in the archive that explains how to apply the patch to a ROM that has already been modified.

bitelaserkhalif

Falcon Punch!!
Years
SS Patch Updated! New Songs:
258 - Get Item (V3)
259 - Get Important Item (V3)
260 - Get Badge (V3)
261 - Get Key Item (V3)
262 - Get Berry (V3)
270 - You Fail It (V3)
276 - Route 42 (V3)
280 - Olivine City (V3)
307 - Rocket Hideout (V3)
308 - I forgot the name of this town, but it has a bunch of slowpokes in it (V3)
309 - Goldenrod City (V3)
310 - Win Trainer Battle (V3)
311 - Win Wild Battle (V3)
312 - Win Gym Battle (V3)
314 - Cianwood City (V3)
315 - Rival! (V3)
316 - Rival Appears! (V3)
319 - You caught a Pokemon! (V3)
334 - Ice Cave (V3)
339 - Battle Ancient Pokemon (V3)
340 - Battle Ho-Oh (V3)
341 - Battle Lugia (V3)

Downloads:
UPS Patch FR v1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?c2lib9gb3nzo7cj
UPS Patch FR v2 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/6i8v457558dfd9d/SoulSilver_Patch_v2.ups
UPS Patch FR v3 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ya3o3rqp329ksc8/SoulSilver_Patch_v3.7z

Yes, that's great.By the way The City which has lot of slowpokes around it is AZALEA TOWN.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 2, 2017
Very nice from you!, well I think you should make BW music for gba since it has the best pokemon soundtrack so far.

Back