• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Earth and Sky!: Pokemon Battle Royale! [T]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

It was like clockwork. Charlie just couldn't stop grinning as his plan worked like a charm. Flare had been so taken back by the illusion that it had knocked him out like a light. Charlie canceled the hold he had on the Arcanine's mind and snickered as he walked toward his defeated foe, "It seems I win mutt. Yes, lie there in defeat like the weakling you are. It shames me that this was such an easy fight. I should have know you were but a-" Charlie didn't get to finish as his 'fainted' foe suddenly exploded with fire. Again, Charlie had been caught off guard yet again and he was thrown back due to the power of the attack. He landed flat on his back and struggled to get up.

Alpha watched with awe as did the rest of Jack's pokemon as Charlie struggled to get onto his feet. Charlie looked up in confusion, "H-How...." Charlie fell onto his back and didn't show any sign of getting back up. Alpha looked at Flare, "You won... You won!" Alpha, Bravo, and Delta cheered as Alpha ran up to Flare, "I would hug you! If... you weren't covered in fire... but still, that was amazing!"

Jack sighed as he recalled the defeated Charlie back to his pokeball, "Seems like Charlie isn't up there yet. Well, anyway that was still a good battle. We should probably high tail it out of here now though, we've caused more than enough noise to have some territorial pokemon chase us off now." Jack recalled the Turtwig as well.

Alpha pumped a fist into the air, "Now we can go onto our next plan!" His voice dropped to a whisper as he grabbed Bravo and the two of them formed a circle with Flare, "Here's what we're going to. Bravo, get Echo away from Jack. Try to get her as close to Mello as possible. It'll be hard, but find a way. Flare you're going to have to get Mello to sing again. For some reason Mello's singing affects Echo. I don't know why but that connection could help the both of them."

Bravo frowned, "You know this plan could just blow up in our face and cause me to have my eyes scratched out, you know that right?"

Alpha patted Bravo's shoulder, "Have faith. With Flare in this plan nothing can go wrong! Once we set the spark we'll just have to keep the fire going. Don't let anything separate those two and eventually they'll have to start talking with each other. Once that starts then we can establish a relationship and finally get Mello out of her depression and have Echo be more social! What do you think Flare?"

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiba, Chapter 6: Connections

黒心 キバ
Connections

Flare couldn't help but feel, well, fired up. He let the fire vanish from his body and followed with the huddle. I do have to admit, it was a decent fight. Not quite power-wise, but I don't think I've ever fought someone who used such dirty tricks... I have to say though, that choke-out move really caught me off guard for a moment. You should see how Mello battles, it is just as interesting, if not more... He listened in on the plan. It seems, through defeating Charlie, I may have made some friends... Flare nodded. He wanted Mello to be happy again. He didn't have many firends, but she was always attached to him, like a little sister.

I'll do my part for this, he said as he padded over to Mello. She looked up at him, trying to look cheerful, but she wasn't very good at hiding her pain. I know you're still sad, because of Echo. Though I'm not sure why. But we have an idea, and for it to work, you're going to have to sing again. Do you think you could do that? If this works, I can guarantee you'll be happy.

She looked up at him, and nodded silently. As Flare returned to the Hypno and Banette, Mello slowly moved to a nearby tree, climbing it easily, and sitting on the branch. With that, she began to sing. It sounded similar to Mello's Lament, but had a slightly lighter tone. She shivered, and at a few parts, her voice cracked from sadness, but it was hard to hear those small differences.

Kiba watched the goings-on of the Pokemon. Flare won the match, and Kiba was proud, but something was going on still. He nudged Jack and pointed to Flare, Alpha, and Bravo, huddled together. "What do you think they're talking about?"

Years
"YEAH! BURN THAT SPOON FREAK!" Jev was yelled as he was cheering on Flare. Stella had rushed up behind him as Jev held out his arm instinctively catching and holding back Stella by her head. "JEV! LET ME GO! SHADOAN WANTS YOU TO RETURN!" Jev sighs as he rolls Stella up into a furry ball. "I will later, go cuddle your insomnia induced fur-ball." He then rolled her back to Shadoan like a bowling ball until she unfurled and tried charging again. Jev sighed as he caught her attack and sat on her, poking her head out from between his legs. "Just watch the fight. You haven't beaten me yet and you won't beat right now."

Shadoan sighs as he squints his eyes. He then sits back to watch Flare and Charlie fight as Avaith sat beside his trainer watching. "It would be interesting, though were running the risk." He digs through his fanny pack behind him to pull out a bttle of water and drank it empty. Releasing Light while he was at it. "Go assist Light, try to convince Jev to let her go." Sipping his water, he gave himself some time to think.

"I'm 19. My father and mother were caring but really couldn't afford much so we were living form paycheck to paycheck... I got Avaith when I was a lot younger, 7. We played together, bathed, slept, ate, we just did everything together. When I turned 10, my father gave me a pokeball to capture him in and he simply became my partner in crime. There is not a place I go to without him. I named him Avaith after an old story my mother would tell before bed."

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

@Julia

Stage 3: Dragon's Furnace.
The Sneasel ducked and dodged Rocky's punch, leaving its arm stuck into the ice pillar before jumping up onto his head and off into the air, locating the next tunnel, he makes a mad dash and ducks into the next level. dropping another pokeball. (You received Lumine! Entei and Macgyver are the last one's to retrieve!) As Sneasel delves deeper in, the cave gets hotter and hotter until it ducks behind a few rocks through a small passage into its nest to store the last 2 shiny, pokeball's into its nest. Squeezing back out through the hot searing passage, he stands out, ready to defend his nest from the oncoming intruder. To make matters more difficult, the Blazeikien from earlier makes its way down as well, preparing to ambush the ambitious trainer. The temperature is at an all time high within the room as magma pours around the room, keeping the place in a hot flame. The stone walls are now even sizzling red of heat.

Lethia Geography:
To add some depth to the region, there are certain locations with names that can be discovered that give Lethia more depth as to what the world is like within this region.

Dragon's Furnace:
One of the most hottest places in Lethia in literal terms. This area is where the magma originates from and flows throughout the caves to the other sections of fire pokemon. In Stage 2, the pokemon push the ice pillars into the magma below where the furnace is located to generate steam to vent the heat to other caves throughout Lethia to accommodate the other fire pokemon in the region. The magma within this place is hot enough to melt metals thought indestructible.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Bravo walked over to Jack and coughed politely to get Echo's attention, "Hey, Echo. I have something really important to show you. It's really cool."

Echo turned away from Bravo. The Banette frowned, scratched her head, and then spoke again, "This is really important, so if you come with me I'll... make sure the others don't bother you for two whole days. How does that sound?"

Echo glanced up, "Really?"

Bravo smiled, "Really, really. Just come for two seconds. I won't touch you or anything. It'll be fun!"

Echo thought it over and unwound herself from her position and began following after Bravo. She only had to lead the Sneasel just to the tree where Mello was climbing up. Without further ado she quietly left and quickly ran back to Alpha who was being joined by Flare as well. Alpha rubbed his hands together, "And now we wait."

Echo looked around confusedly, wondering what it was that Bravo had wanted her to see. A song began to float in the air and Echo stopped dead in her tracks. That voice. Echo looked up and saw Mello up in the tree, singing. She sounded just like... her. Echo just watched as Mello continued to sing. The song itself seemed to put Echo into a trance as all she did was stare at the singer. Slowly, almost subconsciously, Echo sat down on the grass and closed her eyes. In a way she looked peaceful.

Alpha pumped yet another fist in the air. "All we have to do now is keep them together! I knew that song had something to do with it!"

Bravo nodded her head, "I have to admit, you thought up of a good plan this time Alpha. So have a fun time keeping them together." Bravo began walking away as Alpha looked at her confused, "What?"

Bravo smirked, "It is your plan isn't it? You should be the one that carries it out."

Alpha frowned, "What are you going to do then?"

Bravo looked back with a smile, "Supervising!"

Alpha groaned and turned to Flare, "Hey Flare, buddy. You're gonna stay here and help me out in case things get out of hand, right?"

Jack regarded Kiba's question and shrugged, "Who knows. Still, looks like Echo is taking a liking to Mello now. Well, since we all know each other now and the battle is over we should start planning our next move."

Years
Light tackles Jev to the ground helping Stella up. "You had your fun Jev. The fight's ended." Jev laughs as he falls over and sighs. "Alright, don't deprive this beetle his enjoyment." Avaith sighs as he stands and walks around a bit. His ears alert for any approaching pokemon, his ears catching sound of Mello's song, he sits and lays down to listen closely to her chorus, smiling a bit. Stella is seen cuddling close to Light as he continues to watch the area while Jev walks over and lifts up Charlie, dragging him over to Kiba and Jack. "Heracrooooss." Jev then returns over to Shadoan as the 2 looked each other in the eye. "Alright, our next move is to move towards the coast and capture a water pokemon. We should also look for trainers to fight and earn badge components so we can progress to the finals. Unless someone has any other plans, I think that would be a clean course of action. I also wouldn't mind returning to the vendors to turn in the Turtwigs for part of the reward now."

Shadoan pulls out the map and lays it on the ground. He then refers to his notebook on the information he purchased on the VCR (Vendors Caravan Route) throughout Lethia. "What do you 2 think?"

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

黒心 キバ
Connections

Mello had finished he song after about a few minutes, opened her eyes, and looked a bit confused. Flare said... Wait, why did he-- She looked around, then, almost by instinct, something told her to look down. Sure enough, when she looked down, Echo was there; but she looked calm, peaceful. She looked to Flare, giving a 'what are you planning!?' gesture. Though, she looked down, confused out of her mind, to Echo, wondering if she knew anything about this.

Flare simply nodded in reply to Mello. Then he nodded to Alpha. Sure, I'll help. I'm wondering how Bravo got Echo to calm down enough to listen... He glanced at the Banette, then over to the other trainer's pokemon. Not much input from them...

Kiba looked alert for a moment, reaching into his bag, and taking out the egg. "Oh, it shook again. I think the crack grew slightly. What we do is up to you guys. I suppose you might get some fire and water starters and finish your mission. I'll help as needed. Which leads me to ask..." He held the egg, glancing at them both. "When I first joined you two, you seemed rather uneasy about it... Do you still feel that way?"

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack smirked, "Yeah, we can find the caravans. I'll be needing to heal this guy anyway." Jack held up Charlie's pokeball. "While we're there we can pick up that photo quest. If what Irek said was true then we'll have to guard our backs, but it can be done at a distance. The guy can't be that good. As for the starters, well if anything Flare will be able to take down anyone that gets in our way, so that's good to know. Apart from that once we turn in these starters we can go get the rest."

Alpha just sighed, "Well there is no input to be had. No one knows much about Echo. She just won't talk to anyone. The first week she was just silent. We actually thought she was a mute. Jack was really the first to reach out and she just clung to him. No one else. Anyone got near Jack she would try to rip them to shreds. After we picked up Foxtrot... he tried. After all that time in the ICU though and all the shots and stitches he had to go through... he's afraid of her. For the two weeks after he just couldn't sleep, he constantly had nightmares. Anytime he did sleep out of his pokeball he just would scream. It took a whole lot of money to actually repair his gem eyes lest he walk around blind."

Alpha looked at Flare, "If I can stop that, if I can at least assure the others that Echo isn't dangerous anymore, then she could start making friends. I just hope that this works."

Echo opened her eyes as Mello had stopped singing. Echo's mouth trembled a bit and she slowly parted her lips, "C-co-could you s-sing ag-again?" Echo gulped as she clicked her claws together.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

黒心 キバ
Connections

//Relic Song Links To A Youtube Video, so you can actually hear the song.//

Mello looked down to Echo, almost surprised that she actually spoke, let alone requested another song. She nodded, confusedly. As she sang another song, she began to sing her Relic Song. She did not change forms though, since she was not in a battle. She was singing it only for the sake of singing it.

As she sung, she had slowly dropped from the tree, landing softly by Echo, holding her knees to her chest, resting her head over her knees while she sang. She was wondering, to herself, why it made Echo act weird, and why she decided to come back, let alone ask for another song.

Flare only nodded quietly. In his eyes, there was still that spark of flame, glad to have battled something after such a long time. He watched Mello and Echo, pondering whether this plan would work or not. It seems like it's working...

Kiba nodded. "I could heal Charlie as well, but I have a feeling he might not appreciate it..."

Years
Shadoan nodded as he stood up. "Wait, I thought we could only accept one job at a time... Then again..." He stood there to think it over and looking over his map. He plotted a course going through the mountains and presented it to both Kiba and Jack. "Were heading through the mountain terrain and will make our way towards the Vendors near the lake. Any luck, we can find fire pokemon on our travels and fish a water pokemon for our starter job. We can finish that and take on the job Irek mentioned. I know this may or may not work out, but its something to do. AVAITH! Get the others, let them know were moving out! Jev, help him." Avaith got up and looked over in Shadoan's direction, nodding while Jev just lazily walked beside him.
Shadoan glanced over as Kiba exclaimed about the egg hatching. He walked over to inspect it and smiled. "It looks like it will be hatching soon. Then we'll see whats inside." Kiba then looked at both young men and asked "When I first joined you two, you seemed rather uneasy about it... Do you still feel that way?" Shadoan looked back up at him and chuckles. "Not really, no. Everything begins with trust somewhere. Your alright with me."

Jev and Avaith talk to Stella, Light and Ulla to head back towards Shadoan. "We suppose to get Jack and Kiba's team too?" "Looks like it." Both of them start heading off into the section of woods to the source of Mello's Singing. Jev chuckles looking over at him. "You looked anxious to let the girl ride you. Do you like her?" Avaith jerked his head back at Jev. "What do you mean!?" Jev laughs as he closes his eyes, raising one to look at him. "Calm down, Im just asking if you like her. Over the course of our travels, you've stuck by Shadoan thick and thin but you 2 never seem to have time to find your mates. I've seen Shadoan try and fail several times but never seen you try once." Avaith was getting a bit flustered as fire flared from his head and his cheeks blushing red. "There is no need for fireworks, I'll keep my trap shut if, providing we spar next time when we stop to rest." Avaith takes a deep breathe and lets it go as he calms down and nods. "Deal." The 2 find Alpha, Flare, and Echo near the tree with Mello up there singing. Avaith paused to listen, while Jev decided it was time to end the show and move on. Their trainers were waiting for them and they needed to keep moving. "Alpha, time to shut down whatever your planning. Our trainers are calling for us, were heading into Lethia's Mountain region and we need to get going."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

"That's a good plan. Two birds with one stone. I think it would be better if I just heal Charlie later. He'll need some time just for himself I think."

Echo had her eyes closed and was just listening to the song. She hadn't heard a good song since... well, it didn't matter. She was here now and she wanted to just relax. She laid her back on the grass and placed her arms behind her head. It was just so pleasant, to just hear a voice that sounded so similar to her's. Echo missed her a lot, but it was nice to be reminded of her. "Alpha, time to shut down whatever your planning. Our trainers are calling for us, were heading into Lethia's Mountain region and we need to get going." Echo looked up at the voice and saw the pokemon that were with that one boy. "Plan?" Echo whispered. She got up and looked back over at those pokemon. They didn't look too dangerous, but she wasn't one to be fooled by appearances.

She got ready to move, but stopped. "Um, that was nice. Th-thank you." Echo ran off to Jack, making sure to give a wide berth to those other pokemon. Alpha looked at Jev with enraged eyes, "You're not supposed to say it's a plan out loud!"

Alpha watched Echo run off and groaned, "Great! Good going, now the one way we could get them together is gone. Echo never falls for the same trick twice."

He sighed, "Well, I'll probably be sent back into by pokeball, so I'll see you guys later. If Echo is still out, please try to get her back with Mello. I just know Mello is the key to opening her."

Alpha walked away from the group and headed to Jack. Bravo, Delta, and Foxtrot were already there talking with each other. Foxtrot treated him with a cold glare, no doubt still angry over what he had done with Charlie.

Jack looked over his pokemon and pulled out their pokeballs, "Alright guys, hop back in." He withdrew Alpha, Bravo, Delta, and Foxtrot back into their pokeballs and patted Echo on the shoulder. "Alright I'm all set. If we don't get to a carvan today then you can heal up Charlie Kiba."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

黒心 キバ
Connections

Flare watched intently. No, this couldn't have failed so quickly! Damn!! He growled in defeat but had stopped. Wait, what is she--

Mello was beyond confused at this point. Instead of returning to Kiba and Flare, she wandered toward Jack, and Echo. Was she in on this? E-Echo, what's going on? Why did you want me to sing, and what were they planning...? Mello was puzzled out of her mind at what was going on, and it reflected in her orchid eyes.

Kiba nodded. "I'll heal any pokemon unless their trainers would rather I not. I think it would be better that you tend to him, for his sake." He held the egg, looking for his pokemon. Flare had just come to his side. Mello was... Off near Jack and Echo? Kiba knew something was going on with Mello and Echo, so he decided it was best not to intervene. "Well, if you two are ready, I am... I have a lot of berries in case anyone gets hungry, and I'll pick any along the way here."

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Julia -- Dragon's Furnace

Julia watched as the sneasel managed to flee from Rocky, dodging his attack in the process. At first this frustrated her because quite frankly Rocky's hit miss ratio was enormous, regardless of the attack used. She supposed that perhaps he had been too confident in his first strike landing and thus hadn't been ready to deliver a second strike. It seemed plausible anyway. She was more amazed however that the resident pokemon still hadn't decided she or her pokemon were worth their time. She supposed it was a blessing, as a battle of that size put her as the squishy human in immense danger.

Ice, spotting a dropped pokeball, snatched it up and returned to Julia to give it back to her. Julia took it gratefully and almost turned to send out it's occupant when it occurred to her that a certain hail causing pokemon could make a lot of pokemon very angry very fast. Turning the ball around in her hand she examined the top of it, squinting as if to see through the ball to it's occupant. Only, that's exactly what she did. You see, if there was no way to tell one pokeball from another trainers would have a very hard time keeping track of and selecting the right pokemon for a battle. Therefore, after a moment Julia determined that the ball was in fact Lumine's and second guessed herself. Those pokemon would probably not like anything Lumine brought to the table, and were unusually well equipped to deal with the snow beast. Roy couldn't fight them all off himself, and Ice and Rocky needed to be working to get the other pokeballs back. Considering the circumstances Julia decided to keep Lumine with her.

Meanwhile Rocky and Ice moved to chase after the sneasel, pursuing it into the next room. Julia motioned for Roy to follow and proceeded to move around the edges of the room towards the area Rocky and Ice had just disappeared into. However, when she got there a blast of intense heat washed over her and she became dizzy, stumbling backwards and startling Roy by toppling over and collapsing next to him. That was one room she was not going in. Picking herself up enough to crawl somewhat away from the entrance she propped herself against the wall and closed her eyes, attempting to gather her thoughts. She would have to trust that Rocky and Ice could handle this on their own. Abruptly she felt a somewhat strong gust of wind hit her, and not the burning hot kind either. Opening her eyes she caught sight of Roy, directing air towards her with his wings by flapping them. It actually felt very good, and she wound up flashing him a brief smile. For the time being she was less concerned about the nearby pokemon and more concerned about how long she could stay down here before things got ugly. Even Roy was admittedly not paying attention at the moment, leaving them both to be found by a certain blaziken.

Meanwhile Rocky approached the sneasel guarding the two last pokeballs, his intentions not all that subtle. The heat didn't bother him a great deal on it's own, nor did it bother Ice despite her namesake as she moved in behind Rocky, darting around him with rather alarming speed. The sableye wasted no time in acting, generating and firing a rather erratic and somehow sinister looking ball of pale blue light at the sneasel. It was will-o-wisp, an attack that would cripple a pokemon with painful burns on contact! Rocky meanwhile gave Ice a bit of space, not rushing to get his first attack in. Rather, he tensed his muscles by flexing in a somewhat intimidating manner. He had just used Bulk Up.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

"Alright, if you can heal him then go for it. He might be a bit grumpy when he comes to though. He hasn't lost a match for me lately."

Jack opened up Charlie's pokeball and the Kadabra appeared, still unconscious.

Echo looked at Mello. She spoke in a shaky voice, "Y-you re-remind me of her...." Echo squeezed her eyes as she thought of her. It had been so long since Echo had seen her and even then she always remembered what had happened. A few tears formed in her eyes that she quickly rubbed away, "I-I'm sorry. I-I won't bother you anymore."

It pained Echo to say that simply because the song just seemed to take her pain away. She didn't think about her fears, she just felt... happy.

Jack got up and stretched, "Once we heal up Charlie we can move out and get this job done with."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

黒心 キバ
Connections

Kiba nodded. He knelt down to Charlie, reaching into his bag and pulling out some various herbs (which, to anyone else, just look like random leaves) and stuck them in his mouth, chewing them into a poultice. He spit the poultice into his hand, and applied it to the wounds, primarily the burn marks. "Something most people don't know about me; After every battle, I actually heal the pokemon I defeat. And if they ever defeat mine, I heal mine of course." He continued to heal the Kadabra. He then took a Sitrus Berry, wrapped it with a different type of leaf, and force-fed the unconscious Kadabra. "This should wake him up, and these," he handed Jack a few Oran Berries, "you can feed him for health. And Flare..." He waited until Flare had approached, and Kiba handed him something. "You know what to do."

Flare nodded. As he waited for Charlie to awaken, he watched Mello. She's there with Echo... He nodded solemnly. Well Alpha, maybe your plan is working after all... He looked back to Charlie, and padded up to him. Look, I'm not going to gloat. I just hope we can be friends. And hopefully you might start talking to everyone... Flare bowed his head; not only out of respect. When he lifted his head and turned away, he left something behind: a brand new metal spoon.

Mello watched wide-eyed at Echo. She's crying... This caused a frown from Mello. S-so... You weren't a part of that plan... She couldn't stand seeing Echo cry like that. I-it's probably been a very long time since anyone did this for her, if even at all, b-but... This was a risk, but Mello wanted to. Echo's crying was too much for Mello to leave alone. Gently, Mello wrapped her arms around Echo, giving her a gentle hug, but leaving it gentle enough so that Echo could retreat if she wanted.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack took the berries and nodded, "Thank you Kiba." Charlie would have temper tantrums every now and then, especially when a battle wouldn't go his way, but every time he had won. Jack knew that there would always be tougher opponents than the ones Charlie was used to facing, but Charlie had grown soft in a way. Jack remembered when Charlie would train every day from sun up to sun down, only taking breaks to eat and sleep.

Echo was about to turn away when suddenly Mello wrapped her arms around her. Echo's eyes widened. She was stunned at first. And yet, she didn't feel like slicing at Mello. No anger, no fear, and not even a dose of caution sprang up into her mind. Echo realized what was happening, Mello was giving her a hug. Echo's eyes began to water but she also wrapped her arms around Mello as well. "I-I'm sorry for making you mad." Echo whispered softly. She hadn't been held in the arms of another for a long time.

Charlie's eyes opened up and he groaned as he stirred. "Look, I'm not going to gloat. I just hope we can be friends. And hopefully you might start talking to everyone..." A object was dropped in front of him and Charlie blinked as he picked it up. A spoon. Charlie frowned, and then he remembered. It all came rushing back, the challenge, the fire, and worst of all his defeat. Charlie looked at the spoon and felt a sudden surge of anger. A spoon! How dare that mutt demean him even further! Charlie stood up shakily and gripped the spoon tightly in his hand and threw it right at Flare, "How dare you even think of rewarding me for failure you orange mutt! I don't need your charity or kindness! I will not be weakened!"

Charlie stormed off to the trees muttering darkly under his breath. "Charlie! Come back her and apologize!" Jack shouted. Charlie continued walking. "Fine then! Ret-" The pokeball flew out of Jack's hand and into a bush. Jack quickly found the ball, but Charlie was already gone. Charlie moved deeper and deeper into the forest. He wasn't afraid of getting lost. He could sense his trainer wherever he went. Charlie found a clearing and began to pace as thought over what had happened in the battle. He had done everything perfectly. Sure, at the beginning he had underestimated his opponent a little but that couldn't explain how the Arcanine could fight against his illusions. He had chocked him and yet his foe had still managed to breath. How?"

Charlie came to the right conclusion, he had grown weak. He had slowly downgraded his training because the pokemon he usually faced were weak. There was only one way to fix that, train even harder. Charlie looked around the forest and saw a lone Linoone rummaging through a berry bush. Charlie's eyes glowed as he grabbed the Linoone and unleashed his fury upon it. It didn't take much for the wild pokemon to be knocked out. Charlie gritted his teeth in frustration, he needed stronger opponents. The bushes near the edge of the clearing began to shake and twelve more Linoone appeared, all of them glaring at him. Charlie chuckled and narrowed his eyes, "This is more like it."

"Charlie!" Jack shouted yet again. Still no answer. Jack released Alpha and pointed at the trees, "Alpha, Charlie's somewhere in there. Could you bring him back?"

Alpha nodded his head and worked his way into the forest. He locked onto Charlie's position and headed straight for the clearing. Scattered around the Kadabra were various forest pokemon all heavily injured. "Charlie, what have you done!?"

Charlie gave a twisted chuckle, "Training Alpha. It may take some time to work myself back up to my former level, but it won't be long at the rate I'm going."

"This is wrong Charlie. Jack wants you back now."

"Well, you'll have to tell him to wait. Once I raise myself back up I'll kick Flare's a** all day long."

"Charlie, that was one defeat. Don't beat yourself up over it."

"Once I'm done training I'll meet back up with everyone. Just go, I sense a big swarm of Beedrill coming and I'm not missing them!"

Alpha left. What could he do against Charlie? He was no where near powerful enough to face him. Alpha reappeared out of the trees and walked back to Jack. He really didn't know what to tell him, other than that Charlie was now power hungry, again. Alpha walked up to Flare, "Um, Falre, I may need your help. I am nowhere near Charlie's level. Could you help? I'll lead you to him but he's gone into his 'I need to train' mode again. He usually listens to Jack, your battle is causing him to stress." Jack took the Charlie's pokeball from Jack. "I could try it myself, but he'll likely kill me if he wanted to."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiba, Chapter 7: Love & War

黒心 キバ
Love & War

Flare had hardly even listened to Alpha, because he was already planning to stop Charlie. Is that bastard insane!? Charlie was too focused on beating innocent pokemon and keeping his trainer away to notice Flare coming. Arcanine was far faster than his species was known for, and in seconds he could see Charlie. Almost in an instant, Flare had used his full body force to take down Charlie, and growled furiously at him, pinning him to the floor.

Listen, dumbass! I don't care what your stupid issues are with me, or your own power, but I'm done with your childish attitude!! He could hear the Beedrill, and he stared at Charlie's eyes, his own burning in anger and fury. Now, either you're coming with me back to your trainer, or we're both going to be stung!! If you're feeling so damn insecure, find a more appropriate way to train!! It's your choice!! He was pissed. And he was serious about this. He wasn't letting Charlie get away with any more.

Mello rested her head over the Sneasel's. Feeling that Echo wasn't going to fight or break free, Mello kept a full gentle hug. You didn't make me mad, Echo... Mello nuzzled her head over Echo's. I was a little sad that you kept fleeing from me... Are you still going to keep running away from me...? I only wanted to be your friend... A few tears formed in the Meloetta's eyes, holding Echo close.

Kiba raised an eyebrow, nudging Jack with his shoulder. "I know Charlie is an issue right now, but Flare can handle him. Look..." Kiba pointed down toward the ground; Mello and Echo.

Years
The swarm of Beedrill heading for Charlie's location were then blocked. 2 of the leagues officers, a red Pikachu and blue Scizor were halting the Beedrill to calm them down and turn them away as the 2 look at one another. "Looks like another disturbance... Irek was heading that way... You think its him?" The red pikachu sighs looking back in Charlies direction. "If it is, we need to take this chance to catch up to him. Irek could be in danger. Lets fly." With that, the 2 dash off into Charlie's direction at an incredible speed. The red pikachu was the first to approach the area to take notice to where Charlie was located as he hid in the bushes. "This is Tono, Im in position....Looks like a....Kadabra?" The blue Scizor comes up behind Tono and holds his position. "Wait here, lets see if his friends can handle it."

Avaith sighs watching Mello and Echo together. Shadoan takes notice to Avaith and sighs, acting a tad mopey but vigilant. Jeez, whats gotten into him? The moment Alpha left into the forest, it isn't long until large families of pokemon in random directions could be heard approaching towards their position. "That really can't be a good sign. Avaith, lets go!" Shadoan charges back into the forest towards Alpha's direction.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

@Julia

The Sneasel tried to created an ice defense against the wil-o-wisp, but failed as it got blow back against the wall. Foolish at the attempt of defending itself, it stood up. severly damaged but still willing to fight. The heat took its toll on Sneasel like it did on Julia as it too began to become slowly fatigued and made the attempt to retreat to its nest for rest through the cracks in the wall of the furnace. The only thing left to do is to recover the stolen items.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack grabbed his pack and threw it on his back. Dammit Charlie, what have you done now? He thought in irritation as he ran after Shadoan, "Echo, stay right there!"

Echo looked up as Mello said it, 'friend'. Echo pulled away and wrapped her arms around her body, "Please don't say that. I don't like that word. So many use it, and all they do is hurt me after they say it." Echo shook her head, "We can't be friends, but maybe... associates?" She asked in a hopeful voice. Echo looked up as she watched Jack and the others run off. It was only Mello and Echo now. She turned back to Mello, her eyes cast to the ground, "I... like listening to you. I don't know why, but you're... different. Can we just... talk?"

Alpha followed after Flare and finally got to the clearing, wheezing heavily, "You're *gasp* fast."

Charlie was busy staring up into Flare's eyes. "Childish... I'm childish? Well look who has their fur in a knot just because I'm training! They're wilds, they don't matter in the scheme of things. Is someone going to come and start pummeling me or put me in jail because I use my power and attack others? That is what we are built to do mutt! We attack and the strongest wins. It's simple in execution. It's how we've worked for centuries, even you can't deny that surge that all of us feel. How we enjoy standing over a defeated foe deciding if they should live or die. Oh, I remember well, you enjoyed it so much you began laughing about it. Don't you remember? You enjoyed dominating me, watching me suffer from your blows. You can't deny it, everyone watched. In fact, with a little bit of grooming here and there you could become just. like. me."

"Don't listen to him Flare!" Alpha gasped, "He's only this way because of his father! The old man enforced no tolerance with any other types!"

Charlie snarled, "Alpha don't you dare!"

Alpha continued, "He was taught that to hate everything that was different! It's his father talking here-" Alpha suddenly gasped and clutched his throat, dropping the pokeball he held in the process.

Charlie narrowed his blue glowing eyes, "I warned you." He looked back up at Flare, "Make one move and I'll snap his neck."

"Charlie!" Jack burst out of the clearing. "Stop this right now!" With Charlie distracted Alpha looked for the pokeball, only to find it gone. Charlie narrowed his eyes and before he could speak a red light appeared behind him and sucked him into a pokeball held by Foxtrot. Jack nodded at the pokemon he had released on the way here, "Good going Fox!" Jack helped Alpha stand back up, "You okay Alpha?" The Hypno nodded his head, "I'll manage."

Jack grabbed the pokeball from Foxtrot and placed it back on his belt. He looked around and groaned, "Dammit Charlie." Most of the pokemon looked pretty banged up, but Jack didn't know what to do. He heard a lot of pokemon coming and he did not want to stick around to greet them. "Guys, let's get out of here." Jack took the berries Kiba had given him and placed them near the injured, but still conscious pokemon.

Jack walked back through the trees and Foxtrot turned to face Alpha and Flare, "People do not change in a day. Neither do pokemon. You can't expect one battle to have a tremendous effect on Charlie, Alpha. You should know by now how his thought process works. As for you," he turned to Flare, "You have beaten down a prideful pokemon in a foolish attempt to change him. Did you even bother to understand his background? Why he acts the way that has generated so much negativity? No, you simply looked at an appearance and concluded that he has always wanted to act that way and that there were no outside factors that contributed to his development."

Foxtrot turned away, "If Charlie was right about one thing Flare, it is indeed that you are a fool." The ghost ran to catch up with Jack and Alpha rubbed his temples, "Foxtrot is partially right. We're both fools. What was I thinking trying to change him! This... this is all my fault." Alpha sighed and walked out of the clearing, not even bothering to converse further with Flare.

Last edited:
Years
Shadoan sighs as he and Avaith walk away with Jack with the situation finally under control. Tono and the Blue Scizor sigh in relief and take note to Jack. "If that Kadabra is his, were going to have to keep a close eye on that particular pokemon to keep it from upsetting the natural balance of the island." The blue scizor chuckles and moves away. "We have bigger fish to fry than just a physic pokemon. We still need to keep looking for the green trainer."

As the pokemon and their trainers walk back, Avaith takes heed and listens to their conversation. "That fight may have contributed to his development, but he had that fight a long time coming to him. If he doesn't wise up, he's just going to be another factor against our chance for survival. He may not ever change, but he will never get any stronger either if he keeps up what he's doing now." As they reached Kiba, the boys looked among one another and decided to leave while they still could.​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiba, Chapter 7: Love & War

黒心 キバ
Love & War

Flare gave a cold stare to the two odd pokemon in the bushes. You know, it's impolite to spy on others. He simply turned and left. How dare you insult me... Flare padded over to Foxtrot, giving a less-than-cheerful snarl. And that gives you the right to tell me what I do right and wrong? Just because he has family issues doesn't mean he has the right to beat up on innocent pokemon, all of which were much smaller than him!! Flare began to pad away, but he turned his head, glaring at Foxtrot; his eyes burned with a mixture of fury and pain. At least he had parents to begin with. With that, Flare turned and left Foxtrot, returning to Kiba. Clearly, Foxtrot's first impression was a very negative one.

Mello shivered a bit and held Echo close to her. But I don't want to be just an acquaintance... I want to be your friend... I know you are a very interesting person if you ever showed yourself... Mello nuzzled her head on top of Echo's, keeping the hug held close. Her voice lowered to a soft whisper. Do you... Really think I want to hurt you...?

Kiba sighed. "And he runs off just like that..." Kiba watched the egg silently. It seemed like a while before everyone returned, and Charlie was recaptured. "I would be wary of releasing Charlie, Jack. We don't want him to do this again." He sighed, pointing to Mello and Echo once more. "As I was trying to show you..."

Back