• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
2. Can I change the animations of attacks or create completely new ones?

hm.. I'm pretty sure you can, although some attacks might use the same animation, like slash and another 'scratching' move. I might be wrong (I probably am)
but even if you manage to edit this, there is only one part of the animation displayed, so even if you edit the picture, I can't guarantee an edited animation. This probably wasn't helpful.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2008
well i thought maybe rpg maker could help but I'd have to find the actual animations which i haven't been able to

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
A music question here... but not what your thinking...

i know how to insert it and all but what is the average length of the tracks in game alrdy and is it possible to rip them out easily and replace them?

and another one if you will....

In theory, would it be possible to add more than 5 evos to a pokemon, with hex or something?
it seems possible but I was wondering how i would go about doing that....

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
In theory, would it be possible to add more than 5 evos to a pokemon, with hex or something?
it seems possible but I was wondering how i would go about doing that....
Nothing is impossible. However it would be extremely difficult as you'd have to edit the Game Engine. Sorry. :(

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
You would probably have to search for a [64] code, seeing as that is 100 in hexadecimal. So you would have to search for that code using a hex editor or an ASM editor.

But there are tons of 64s in the rom...there are 386 pokemon, how is it possible to distinguish between that of the amt of experience of one to reach level 100 to that of say, its base stats? With regards to my question on how to adjust experience to reach level 100 for each pokemon, any tools out there that can do so?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
but darthatron i thought that base exp in PEP determine the amt of experience a pokemon gain when it faint the pokemon the base exp is based on? i want to adjust the level 100 exp required for a pokemon (eg. the pidgey family need 1000000 exp to level all the way to lv.100, i want to change that.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2008
Keitai Denjuu Telefang

did anyone ever realease a hacked version of Pokemon Diamond/Jade? (the bootleg Keitai Denjuu Telefang)
the Engrish one was so glitchly, I was wondering if a "revised" one was ever released, like someone took the original Japanese version and fixed the bugs/translated it better.
I apologize if this question has been asked before, I searched and turned up nothing.

Years
hey, I got a question : why my ROM crushed ?

I indexed munchlax, front sprite and back shiny. [ both 64*64 ]
then I added them throught unlz-gba
then added them as number 256 in rs ball [ their sprite ] ( btw it was kinda )
then I put his stats and attacks in Pokemon Editor Pro
and then added him in route 101 and tried to play, and as soon as I started my Rom there was a white screen. why ? what did I do wrong ? =(

another thing, ive just added an Indexed sprite of Riolu to a clean ROM and this happend :
frame0ku4.png

why ? please help me =(

edit : I tried to Index several more times, and at the best this what happens :
frame0ys5.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
I don't know how to fix your problem much but I think it was due to maybe the way you indexed it or the tools you use. I don't really know because I use a different method to add diamond and pearl pokemon

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
Can anyone explain to me how to use a hex editer? because im trying to add a pokedex entry and a pokedex number for the empty slots between treeko and celebi.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2009
How can I edit the Surf Overworld sprite? (The thing you sit on while surfing)
Like Zel did for ShinyGold and Sergio did for Naranja. (They turned it into Lapras)
I really need this for my hack, does anybody know it?

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
How can I edit the Surf Overworld sprite? (The thing you sit on while surfing)
Like Zel did for ShinyGold and Sergio did for Naranja. (They turned it into Lapras)
I really need this for my hack, does anybody know it?

Use HackMew's Overworld Editor Rebirth. You can change all the OW's that way.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2009
I tried it of course, but I couldn't find that Wailmer-like thing. :(
And I searched also in ShinyGold, but I couldn't find the Surf Overworld there too.
(Sorry my English is bad, I'm from Holland)

Does somebody know how to edit the Surf Overworld (The thing where you sit on) or where to find these sprites?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I tried it of course, but I couldn't find that Wailmer-like thing. :(
And I searched also in ShinyGold, but I couldn't find the Surf Overworld there too.
(Sorry my English is bad, I'm from Holland)

Does somebody know how to edit the Surf Overworld (The thing where you sit on) or where to find these sprites?

In the tool OWE, go to the player OW, and change the frame until you find the surf OW.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2009
I tried that for over 10 times, but I still couldn't find any surf OW.
I only found the player's sprite while surfing...

But I need that blue thing where you sit on while surfing. I searched everywhere, but I couldn't find it. I know it's possible because Zel and Sergio did it too.
I searched every player frame and index (also bicycle etc.)

Anybody knows how to edit the blue surf pokemon where you sit on while surfing?

Or, if you found it in Overworld Editor Rebirth, then please give the index and frame number.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
but darthatron i thought that base exp in PEP determine the amt of experience a pokemon gain when it faint the pokemon the base exp is based on? i want to adjust the level 100 exp required for a pokemon (eg. the pidgey family need 1000000 exp to level all the way to lv.100, i want to change that.)
The Base EXP is both how much EXP you get from a Pokemon and how much that Pokemon needs to level up. I believe, I'm basing this information on some testing I did like 3 months ago. :)

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
Repost
---------

What exactly is a "#raw"? I see them in advanced scripts (like encounter scripts) and was wondering exactly what their uses/purposes were.

Also, what would I put in a script if I wanted certain types of music to play (like what you get when you play a badge)? A list would be much appreciated.

zorkthehedgehog

Hedgehog hacker in training
Years
I dunno if this has ben answered before but I'm trying to change the music in a Pokemon Emerald ROm to the D/P soundtrack (the midi versions I downloaded from the resource section that is) and I've used Midi2agb and converted them to .s files and am using Sappy like your suppose to but amd having a bit of trouble actually assembling the music change.

Ok, now I followed Green Charazards Music Changing tutorial and know how to change the music and all that, but when I click "Assemble that ugly thing!" Sappy just closes on me and it comes up that there was an error with it and it had to close, and whats even wierder is that it was working the first few times I used it as well withought any bother then suddenly this happens, any tips on how I can fix it, and yes, I have redownloaded it several times now and it hasnt made a difference, cos it seems to use the same settings every time I reinstall it, and I just don't know whats up with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back