• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why are some teenagers so rude ?

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Wouldn't the better question be why are some people rude and not why are some teenagers rude? I mean any one person in the world regardless of their age group are capable of being rude and not just teenagers. I've known plenty of teenagers around the ages of 14/15/16 that were pretty much model citizens and I've known adults, family included, who are just plain rude. On the point of language the language in of itself isn't all that bad since the words themselves didn't always have negative connotations to them and the problem lies in people who use them out of context and not in reference to what they're supposed to refer to.

Reb0rn

Son of a Plunder
Years
Wouldn't the better question be why are some people rude and not why are some teenagers rude? I mean any one person in the world regardless of their age group are capable of being rude and not just teenagers. I've known plenty of teenagers around the ages of 14/15/16 that were pretty much model citizens and I've known adults, family included, who are just plain rude. On the point of language the language in of itself isn't all that bad since the words themselves didn't always have negative connotations to them and the problem lies in people who use them out of context and not in reference to what they're supposed to refer to.

So if you say **** to describe Manure, it's not rude anymore?

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
So if you say **** to describe Manure, it's not rude anymore?
It's not the most tactful way to describe manure but it isn't necessarily a "wrong" term to use in this case but it's not the best way to describe manure. Besides, Manure isn't going to take offense over being described that way.

Last edited:

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I agree. I'm 14, but it gets me upset when people call me a teenager. When I was younger, I was scared of teenagers, and actually, I still am. I've had many encounters with rude teenagers, and I hate the reputation it gives everyone our age.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Well, it's not only teenagers that can be rude. This thread is making a seriously harsh generalisation which for me, is not on. I'm a teenager, and I'm not rude; I know when to speak, when not to, I say please and thankyou and help people if need be.

There's all sorts of people in this world, young, old, male, female etc, and every 'type' of person can be equally rude.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think it's a huge generilization that mainly teenagers are rude. I myself have met more rude adults than teenagers. Anyone can be rude. I was a polite teenager that was respectful.

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
I find the current generation to be one of the most spoiled generations in the world. Generation Z should be renamed "Generation Tantrum" or "Generation Spoiled". They throw a fit God forbid their parents take them out in public to somewhere they don't like.

I mean, my little cousins aren't too bad, but I wish my aunt didn't let them use cellphones. It's the reason why it's hard to get my 5-year-old cousin to eat at the dinner table (and the fact that he's allowed to watch so much TV - thankfully only age-appropriate stuff, but still...). Well, I'm thinking that his older sister has finally reached the age where it's good to have a phone.

My own parents are kind of old-fashioned in terms of permissiveness, so I'm kind of shocked at seeing parents who are so lazy with child rearing. Although the reason why I got a phone so late compared to other kids was because I rarely go places without my parents other than school. It's kind of a side effect of being autistic.

Thankfully most of the celebrity kids seem to be pretty normal, but I'm kinda concerned about Suri Cruise. I think she might end up with a huge sense of self-entitlement because her parents - especially her father - let her do whatever she wants (Katie's guilty too, but Tom is worse). For example, she was allowed to use a pacifier and a bottle way after she should have stopped, she can dress like she's 18, and supposedly Tom lets her eat junk food for breakfast. There's also a few teenage and adult ones who are so self-entitled, like Clint Eastwood's daughter Francesca and Michael Douglas' son Cameron. Sometimes I think rich kids really are raised to think they can do anything they want.

However, a lot of people don't realize that badly behaved kids and teens can move on from their behavior. A kid can grow out of being a spoiled brat, a bully, a stoner, or a drama queen or whatever.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Not all teenagers are rude,I'm going to say that. Most of them actually are great people to be around and swearing sometimes isn't too bad, it only goes over the limit if used excessively! Also some people are just naturally like that, there are unfortunately those sorts of people in our world. But generally influences for rude behaviour are most likely all the time they spend searching and looking at videos on the internet, parents who argue, or maybe even from friends, but my point is not every single teenager is rude fortunately. :)

Years
My guess is that they got it from their parents

I agree with him, when I was still a teen I was once rude myself. But as you know, almost anyone can be rude whether they are a teen or an adult or a child whatsoever. I'm still a little rude at times, probably because my rude snarkiness from my teens sorta persisted when I hit my 20's last October.

So yeah, anyone can be rude. It's all in our mind.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Swearing and threatning it's a weak imitation of strenght..when teenagers swear they feel protected that's a stupid think..when someone insult me i say to him to make himself a better life this is not a way to live

Lucid

It's not like this thread is a personal attack on anyone, and I don't see how the topic is judgmental. Sitting back and shaming members for nothing is just condescending. How high and mighty. I would be quite angry if a clique of teens was cursing in front of my child. That's totally justifiable. Any adult in their right mind would probably respect the parent.

Teenagers aren't fully developed human beings. They aren't. I don't care how advanced or polite you were at 16. I'm in my 20's and I don't exclude myself from that statement. You aren't going to have the same friends or interest at 15 that you will at 25. You're still growing, learning and constantly changing. Teens go through phases, it's pretty much the first time in a person's life where they gain independence are are forced to think for themselves. Of course their going to react with immaturity. Plenty of great people go through a phase where they just don't want to listen to anyone, so acting out, cursing and just being little snots is a way to stand out and rebel. If a person's going to be a complete jerk, it'll most likely manifest in their teens, and carry through into adulthood. I haven't met many people who were pleasant in high school who magically became intolerable with age. I have however met plenty of people who have always been awful. When I was in high school, I was a mean brat, but I've since mellowed out and learned that people deserve respect. Yes there are plenty of rude people in this world, but at least teens have the excuse to just be immature, and have the possibility to grow out of it.

Jaysfinest1

The Original
Years
okay let me give you my opinion, as i can see your a father yourself (congrads by the way). i my self, am a father as well, a young one as to mention (22 turning 23) and this is how i feel about the situation and also what you are saying.

1. Amongest the swearing portion. my first opinion is bad parenting. When i was young, i was a little jerk my self and i grew up very fast and learned that life is not about being cool. when you got bills to pay and your about to be evicted, there is no time to be a jerk anymore, it's dog eat dog world at that point. When i see these kids talking back to their parents and or being wild, i first blame the parents. These kids need people to look up to, good parents to show them life can be fun, but priorities are first and foremost.

There cannot be fun and games if priorities are not in check. I will never allow my son to sware in front of me, i will never allow my son to be out till whatever time he wants to be out, it's not setting a good example at all. So the core of rudeness of kids/teenagers begins with the parents.

2. media. the media has changed the world before you know it and the world could even blink an eye. Remember when, a few years ago i think it was, the one pastor told everyone the world was coming to an end, and alot of people believed him? even sold their houses, started rants, and protests in the streets? look how easy it was for one man to start something like that. i'm sorry to say but freedom of the press is the most biggest nonsense ammendment there was ever created. i could go to cnn.com right now and read something such as "jesus was a muslim" or something simple as that, and you would have massive flocks of people believing it.. and fighting for it. so simply the media is your step 2.

3. No struggles. in my teenage years, i didn't get to live a teenage life besides smoking pot. i constantly had to deal with death in my family, the court system from fighting for money, and etc. these struggles taught me how to be a man. how to live life for my self and fight for what i love and make my self something instead of being a thug in the streets, in which case i did have a choice. Kids these days sometimes have it spoiled rotten. which is not always a bad thing, but being spoiled needs to come with earnings. "oh you got straight A's on your report card"? such as that. if my son comes home with straight A's or hell, even B's, i'll be the happiest dad ever and i will give my son something in return. this shows hard work. you work hard you play hard.

So at the end of the day, for all fathers reading this, we need to be there for our kids, and protect them from the evil that awaits them and the wrong doing that is surely in their future without a choice.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Everyone can be rude regardless of age, as proven in comedy shows and films. Teenage years are where your rude behavior is at your highest peak due to hormones, brains not yet fully-developed for moral choices, and a need for fitting in, as provided by their protrayels in, once again, comedy shows and films.

Back