• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
It's definitely possible. Though if anyone's thinking about it, I'm gonna ask them to not put it up since I'm in 7 RPs at the moment and I would want to join that one hahahaha

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
________'s RP is denied because I want to join it but don't have time. So nobody gets it. TAKE THAT xDDDDDDD

RPA's are finished! I wonder who'll win what... :P

Niriate

Rivalist
Years
I came up with an idea for an RP earlier this morning and I'm just curious to see if people would be interested in.

The basic gist of the idea is a carnival faire run by a group of humans together with their Pokemon and the things that go on behind the scenes. I don't have a lot of detailed information at this point, but think of stuff along the lines of; weightlifting competition vs a Machoke, A firebreather working together with a Magmar or Charmeleon, predictions of your future by a Kirlia and her trainer.

I'm going to keep working on the idea, this is mostly just a check to see if people would be interested in the idea

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I came up with an idea for an RP earlier this morning and I'm just curious to see if people would be interested in.

The basic gist of the idea is a carnival faire run by a group of humans together with their Pokemon and the things that go on behind the scenes. I don't have a lot of detailed information at this point, but think of stuff along the lines of; weightlifting competition vs a Machoke, A firebreather working together with a Magmar or Charmeleon, predictions of your future by a Kirlia and her trainer.

I'm going to keep working on the idea, this is mostly just a check to see if people would be interested in the idea

I think there is already a RP like that, called Swing High Swing Low. I think they are similar.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I just wanted to say I like the idea of the "Roleplay Library." It will make it a lot easier for those to find roleplays to read, play, and follow. Especially for newcomers or those returning from retirement/hiatus.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Actually it kind of did pique my interest (despite never looking at the actual thing; I was interested 'cause of the name), but I was lazy at the time ;;

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
It is always good to see this forum still chugging along. And it is good to be back after being in and out of the country and having a computer die. Hopefully this time nothing goes terribly terribly wrong........?.....!

And I believe a circus based RP could definitely work depending on where you went with it. It opens up the possibility for some very interesting characters and interactions.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
That's what I've planned. :D As well as a deep, dark plot. :3

Anyhow, I have a question for you all: What ratings do you usually put, or just generally perfer on roleplays?
Because, yeah, nowadays, I see a lot of RPs that are rated M or T.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Anyhow, I have a question for you all: What ratings do you usually put on your roleplays?

Hm, it doesn't matter to me xD I usually like T RPs. :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Mostly, I like RPs with a whole lot of freedom. So that means the highest possible rating, which is usually PG17 or M or something (idk how american ratings work)

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years

Anyhow, I have a question for you all: What ratings do you usually put, or just generally perfer on roleplays?

If I gotta choose I would always rate them T (or ABOVE >:D), since well people have more freedom in them. When I join a K (lowest rating) rated RP, I always feel that I'm not allowed to do a number of things. For example if it's a K RP and there are fighting scenes I'll be like "Okay. K RP. Can't write about blood. No gore."

Normally, it's okay to kill as long as it's not too violent. There are a lotta deaths in my War RP (which is T and not K thank god). But in Ks, maybe such kills are seen as violent actions so instead of killing I gotta be like:

"The enemy charged in, but due to his bulky body, his agility was horribly low, and none of his attack could hit her. Then, she delivered a quick attack to the left, and the enemy died."

no details!Can't describe how she hit him, and can't describe the blood. if it's M or T: See spoiler

Spoiler:

okay I'm not gonna write more jeez. so yeah with no limits we can write more without stopping ourselves. Which is why I make my RPs T or M when it's not really necessary xD

so yeah that's basically my opinion.

I've got a question for you all: Which is more effective if you want to have more posts in your RP? PICK ONE ONLY

1. A Good, Excellent, Exciting Plot full of twists and turns and riddles and quests and love? A good plot that makes people want to post more? A good plot that makes people say, "I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO START OMG I WILL SO BE THE BAD GUY AND I WILL POSTY POST POST", "AHAHA didn't see my twist could you?! YOU ARE SO DEAD! Your plan is ruined!" "OMG WAIT WHAT?! NO! I am SO gonna fight bacK!" ?

2. A bunch (2-5 people) of RPers that love communicating with each other, chatting and RPing together, helping the RP in advancing by posting again and again with their romance/actions so they won't get bored when it's time for them to post? "hey, it's your turn to post! My character just kissed you!" "OMG really?! xD that's fun let me post"

3. Others. Please explain

^ Remember, pick one only

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
If I gotta choose I would always rate them T (or ABOVE >:D), since well people have more freedom in them. When I join a K (lowest rating) rated RP, I always feel that I'm not allowed to do a number of things. For example if it's a K RP and there are fighting scenes I'll be like "Okay. K RP. Can't write about blood. No gore."

Normally, it's okay to kill as long as it's not too violent. There are a lotta deaths in my War RP (which is T and not K thank god). But in Ks, maybe such kills are seen as violent actions so instead of killing I gotta be like:

"The enemy charged in, but due to his bulky body, his agility was horribly low, and none of his attack could hit her. Then, she delivered a quick attack to the left, and the enemy died."

no details!Can't describe how she hit him, and can't describe the blood. if it's M or T: See spoiler

Spoiler:

okay I'm not gonna write more jeez. so yeah with no limits we can write more without stopping ourselves. Which is why I make my RPs T or M when it's not really necessary xD

so yeah that's basically my opinion.

I've got a question for you all: Which is more effective if you want to have more posts in your RP?

1. A Good, Excellent, Exciting Plot full of twists and turns and riddles and quests and love? A good plot that makes people want to post more? A good plot that makes people say, "I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO START OMG I WILL SO BE THE BAD GUY AND I WILL POSTY POST POST", "AHAHA didn't see my twist could you?! YOU ARE SO DEAD! Your plan is ruined!" "OMG WAIT WHAT?! NO! I am SO gonna fight bacK!" ?

2. A bunch (2-5 people) of RPers that love communicating with each other, chatting and RPing together, helping the RP in advancing by posting again and again with their romance/actions so they won't get bored when it's time for them to post? "hey, it's your turn to post! My character just kissed you!" "OMG really?! xD that's fun let me post"

Hm, I would say a mixture of both 1. and 2. if you want more posts in your RP. Of course, it's preferred that you focus more on 1., but sometimes, 2 helps. You might be waiting for somebody else to post, and get the story moving, and might probably get bored waiting, so you just make a buncha interaction posts to occupy yourself. But if I had to choose one, it would definitely be 1.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah, I'm going to say a mixture of both as well, since it is a better idea to have a roleplay that has a interesting plot, with out-of-the-ballpark twists and turns, and also, the success of the roleplay is also depending on the activity of those in the actual roleplay.

Basically, interest = a more active roleplay,
And activity also = a more active roleplay.

...If I can ask another question...xD

What sort of roleplays are you guys interested in?~
/well, yeah, I know interesting roleplays, obv. But, I mean are you guys more into non-pokemon than pokemon; or maybe...more serious roleplays than comical? ~

Last edited:

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
But the thing is, if you have to choose ONE instead of TWO, which would you pick?

god if everyone answers 'both of them' this won't be a hard question would it? xD

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
I've got a question for you all: Which is more effective if you want to have more posts in your RP? PICK ONE ONLY

^ Remember, pick one only

You dare say that? Anyway I'd go for two. Nothing stronger than a bunch of devoted (and noisy) Rpers! They can turn an RP with a bad plot into something flooded with interaction posts! *dreamy eyes*

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
OMG YOU DID~! :O

Sorrrrry then~ :3
...I blame my lack of coffee in the morning. :<
I knoowwww I would of picked two as well, BUT, I like RPs that involve blasting aliens with pea shooters, it's fuuuun~ :3

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
You dare say that? Anyway I'd go for two. Nothing stronger than a bunch of devoted (and noisy) Rpers! They can turn an RP with a bad plot into something flooded with interaction posts! *dreamy eyes*

Considering that I have a tendency to do just that, I'm going to say that number two is slightly more important than number one.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I suppose I'd go for number 2 as well, only because I like smaller RPs. Bigger ones that get tremendous amounts of posts in a short period of time don't work for me as they advance way too fast for me. I like RPs that go at a fair pace. Not too fast, but not too slow that people lose interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back