• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
Years
Thanks, but there's another problem.
After the script, map turns into this:
dfj1xx.png

This is the script:
Spoiler:

What is the reason? Maybe it's too close to the another map?(just two steps)
Or i failed somewhere in script, as always?
And after setting the time, Prof. turns back to me or turns into green brendan.

Oh, and smaller problem...
What is command to make pokemon shiny? I think it was setvar or something...

Last edited:
Years
Change player's ow Ruby

I've a problem. I use Pokemon Ruby and I tried to change player's ow in game. I found the offset that tells the rom where to

load the overworld sprite and then I compiled this script:
Spoiler:

When I open the rom with VBA, player's ow change, but not the palettes.
Is it normal? How can I fix that?

Pika-pika-red

A Trainer trainin'~ xD
Years
hi um, I'm have a couple problems with a level script I created.
its
Spoiler:

the script is supposed to check of you have the running shoes flag set. if you don't, he's supposed to push you back inside since this script box is literally the tile outside your house's door, but I (the player) just gets stuck ontop of the door. and I can't go anywhere. problem with movements? Dx

and if you DO have it set, it plays through it normaly, until the end. at the end he tells you that he will wait for you at the routes entrance, and then he's "supposed" to walk away as it says in the script.
...but he doesn't. he just stays where he is, and If I walk over where the level script was it freezes. I don't understand why he won't walk and dissappear like he's supposed to, the script looks fine to me :/ thoughts possibly?

PS this is my first level script...so sorry if the problems are obvious Dx

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Spoiler:

the script is supposed to check of you have the running shoes flag set. if you don't, he's supposed to push you back inside since this script box is literally the tile outside your house's door, but I (the player) just gets stuck ontop of the door. and I can't go anywhere. problem with movements? Dx

and if you DO have it set, it plays through it normaly, until the end. at the end he tells you that he will wait for you at the routes entrance, and then he's "supposed" to walk away as it says in the script.
...but he doesn't. he just stays where he is, and If I walk over where the level script was it freezes. I don't understand why he won't walk and dissappear like he's supposed to, the script looks fine to me :/ thoughts possibly?

Let's see...
1. You need to add the "warp" command, or you won't go inside. In a script, if the player is moved over a warp, they won't warp.
2. You need to add "waitmovement 0x0" under the applymovement.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2011

What doesn't show up? O.o
Though I suppose you did not set flag for activating Pokémon menu.
And what ROM do you use?

I didn't set the flag for activating Pokemon Menu, what is it?
I'm using FireRed

Vittorini

Expert Trainer
Years
Hello everyone. I apologize if some one has asked a similar question before but I'm having two problems. The first one involves my script, and the problem is when I go to talk to the person to start the event no text box shows up but I hear the sound effect when you talk to some one. Here is my script:

Game: Fire Red
Type: Yes/No script with a battle and movement afterwards.
Tool: XSE
Spoiler:

When the player says yes a battle will start and if the player wins the guy moves. Again the problem is when I go to initiate the event, nothing happens. All the event data in advance map seems correct. Am I supposed to use a certain unknown or something?

For the second problem, sometimes after after a wild battle or exiting a menu, my player disappears. This is hard to describe but I can still move around but my overworld is invisible. I believe this has something to do with a bad ROM, but it does not happen all the time and I am more concerned with the first issue. Thanks in advance!

Years
For the first one, I don't quite understand what the problem is, though for a script to continue after a battle, you should set it out like this:
Code:
#org @battle
trainerbattle 0x0 0x02A 0x1 @before @after @later
release
end

#org @later
lock
applymovement 0x04 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @beaten 0x2
release
end

As for the second one, if any person events on the map are set to "Look Down," set it to "No Movement." Look Down tends to be somewhat glitchy, so just stick to No Movement, as it has the same effect. :3

Vittorini

Expert Trainer
Years
Ah! I see, I have one other event on the map (that is working properly!) that has the person facing down. Thank you, but it sucks that I can't figure out why that yes/no script won't initiate. I know I have the script offset right :(

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
For the first one, I don't quite understand what the problem is, though for a script to continue after a battle, you should set it out like this:
Code:
#org @battle
trainerbattle 0x0 0x02A 0x1 @before @after @later
release
end

#org @later
lock
applymovement 0x04 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @beaten 0x2
release
end
As for the second one, if any person events on the map are set to "Look Down," set it to "No Movement." Look Down tends to be somewhat glitchy, so just stick to No Movement, as it has the same effect. :3

If I remember correctly you used trainerbattle 0x1 to continue

Vittorini

Expert Trainer
Years
Just to clarify, nothing happens when I talk to the dude. I cannot get the yes/no dialogue box to show up or any text for that matter.

ubuntupokemoninc

Hacker/Programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
as in this thread I working on a starter pokemon script,

here is my new code

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x291
givepokemon 0x7 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
hidesprite LASTTALKED
setflag 0x999
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x7
preparemsg @talk1
fanfare 0x13E
waitfanfare
release
end

#org @talk1
= [player] found a BADEGG!

with the set flag 0x999 (PERSON ID) I got the poke ball diapear, it does disapear, but if i leave to a different area and come back, it reapears!

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2011
When I try to make a script that gives the very first pokemon, you receive the pokemon, but it doesn't show up, what am I doing wrong?
Sorry that I'm posting this again, but I really need help...

ubuntupokemoninc

Hacker/Programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
That shouldn't be happening...are you sure the person ID is 999?

Yes that what i set it to, with out that code it reapears after the first step so it works, but when I leave pallet town, and come back It reapears!

When I try to make a script that gives the very first pokemon, you receive the pokemon, but it doesn't show up, what am I doing wrong?
Sorry that I'm posting this again, but I really need help...

thats because you need
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x291

Last edited:
Years
Can someone plaese tell me how to write a script for pokemon sapphire
otherwise I can't continue my pokemon hack and iv'e got an image in my head on what my hack will look like also to be presise i am gonna need to know how to write a wild battle script first, becase theres alot of them.

Try reading diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back