• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
That is AWESOME!! Your really outdid yourself Alexial it looks absolutely perfect :D. Ill start the next Legendary in a few days. Also its seems people really like the second Strifeon so thats the one I choose ^ __ ^.

Anyway heres my new design guys, my little cousin wanted me to create a pokemon for him and he wanted it to be a blue fox so I came up with this. Its an Ice Fox, its suppose to represent the masculine counterpart to Vulpix so it will have an evolution also.

21tze1.gif

Name: Frox
Type: Ice
Classification: Ice Fox Pokemon

Special Abilities
Snow Cloak: Raises evasion in a hailstorm.
Snow Warning: The Pokémon summons a hailstorm in battle.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Aww, that fox is adorable!

I wish I had a brother like yours, because whenever I ask my brother to think of a Fake to design, he comes up with this...

He told me it was mochi or something

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
It was my cousin not my brothers, they don't really like pokemon but still they appreciate my designs.

Well thats a design brimming with originality ill tell you that lol.

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Well, I've been feeling better for awhile now, and was gonna draw some designs that'd flown through my head while I was sick as soon as I finished finals last week, but my tablet's not being very cooperative >w> I have something I absolutely HAVE to get done today though, so I'll be working on getting that fixed -w-'

Beef- I definitely like the second one more. Stripes are cool~

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!

I'll kick this off with an idea that I sketched up really quick. Terribly sorry for the phone quality and that I haven't embedded it because it looks like absolute crap if I do that, so I hope it's not too bad to follow the link, or?

http://i.imgur.com/VFXnnsM.png

It's a Pokémon based on Pandora's Box! I haven't figured out a name or a type, yet, but I thought of it being the "Knowledgable" Pokémon and its Pokédex entry stating that it can grant a lot of knowledge to whomever opens it. Also, because Pandora herself was said to be the first woman on Earth in classic greek mythology, I thought that I could make an evolution which references the apple of knowledge from the Bible since Eve was the one getting tricked into eating it by the snake. Any thoughts on this? Any improvements that I should make to the design?

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Fortworth@ welcome back, I'll be waiting to see what designs you create.

Mr. Mammoth@ Clever design, to me it looks like some type of Ghost pokemon, since its a Knowledgable pokemon as you say Ghost/Psychic could fit since Psychic pokemon are usually the smartest. Also the evolution does sound like an interesting idea.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Hey guys! Long time since I was here. I had my graduation and some parties and they realy messed my schedule so I havent been able to be here so often. :(
Ill try to catch up on what you guys have invented and made etc etc. I still have some personal matters to solve and etc so Im not going to be online as much as I once were. Although I try to be here atleast once in few days. :D Haha. Anyways from what I see from these pictures you guys have been REALY productive! So good job guys! It makes me very happy to see this thread so alive! ::D

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Hello KriegStein we never got to meet but ive seen some of your earlier post and you got some great ideas for designs, all in all is good to have you back.

Guys I tweaked the Strifeon design a little, I removed the yang symbol it just didnt resonate for me and the stripes are enough, I hope thats ok.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
omg Sunny dat mochi xDDD (anyone else actually kinda really like that design? :o it's just silly enough to totally qualify as a fakemon. I mean, I can't imagine that Trubbish was a serious pokemon when that thing was first created).

@ Fort : YOU'RE BACK YAAYY <3 Take your time though, okay? Don't rush yourself into performing before you're ready. Like I told you before, you're already a contributor. :)

@ Beefy : Okay, we have "unconventional" pokemon, to say the least. I want you to come up with a new evolution stone. I don't care what type it effects, but something that can make your fox-vulpix-counterpart work. An ice stone, let's say. Only more creative. I leave that in your hands. :)

@ Mamoswine (yes, Mr. Mammoth, this is you) : It's like if Cofagrigus got infinitely more awesome. >_>; I love it. Definitely says Ghost type to me. I think, if anything, it needs more.. height. You know? Make the hands bigger and more opposing (again, think Cofagrigus). And color. Color always helps!

KRIEG lol it's okay. It's that time of year for everyone. I was expecting this project to slow down around now anyway, so I was surprised to see how much momentum it's gathered. :D

I'll be updating the first post today with everyone's designs. I'll also be consolidating your individual assignments into group assignments also. Cause, really, ya'll don't need to be told what to do. Oops, Mamoswine, you guys are officially contributors. :) Welcome to the team <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Uh sure thing Alex, I totally forgot that Vulpix evolved with a Fire Stone. Anyway Ill see what I can do.

EDIT:

so here its the Evolution Stone you asked Alex. I did it in sprite so it can match the other stones size. Sorry its so small but thats the actual size.

t9tg1d.gif

Item Name: Hail Stone
Item Type: Evolutionary

When I make Frox's evolution ill add it

If guys don't like it I can make another one

EDIT:

Heres a second one just in case

2zsnrrp.gif

Item Name: Aurora Stone
Item Type: Evolutionary

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Well, I've just been kind of lurking in this thread for the last two days, so welcome to the new/returning guys and . . . one combined compliment to all of the new designs, lol. I don't really feel like going through and commenting on each one right now, sorry. >.>;

Anyways, here are the colored badger pokemon. They're not shaded or anything, but . . . yeah, here, lol. I'll see if I can take some pictures of any new designs I might have later, or tomorrow, or whatever. xD
Spoiler:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Finally getting around to post this. It's several hours before I normally would get up, so I have some free time haha.

Spoiler:

Just concept art. Poor concept art. I'll draw its sprite later, after the design is complete.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Some rough pictures of a few recent sketches:

Spoiler:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Those look great guys!
I might as well post my fish, which I guess can be the generic water type:

:D
His evo will be HUGE spaceship, with large bubbles sticking to his body that act as places where human beings can ride "on" him.

School is almost OVER!! :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Hey guys sorry I haven't been posting any designs, this past 2 days have been rough to say the least Ill start posting my new designs soon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yeah Beefy I'm with you. I've been so, so busy lately. This project has been going so far, so fast, I wouldn't want you guys to burn out. Take all the time you need. :)

Sunny! That fish <3 That thing is so adorable. Can't wait to see the colored version and the final evo. It reminds me of that fish from Kirby. n_n;

Naku, I like the normal Eevee evolution, but the proportions seem a little off. It's definitely a strong design, but I think it needs a bit of polish. Keep working on it and get back to us. :) As for the other drawings, I love them. The last one reminds me of the Kami trio, due to its more humanoid features. I definitely think it could qualify as a fakemon, for sure.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
:O
SOMEONE ELSE REMEMBERS KINE!
but yeah, it was designed in the vein from that fish from kirby :D

I also see that the project is kinda slow right now, but I'm gonna keep on pushing this guy, because I hate seeing things die right before my eyes ;___;

So, I'll be "donating" these guys:

I don't really care if we use them or not.
They were originally part of someone else's project that I drew for, but he scrapped the project and now these guys are just floating around with nothing else to do.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Woooo okay guys!

I finally got the time to get everything up, but I made a few changes that I will detail to you now. :)

First, I added all of the recent drawings. Everyone, please make sure all of your updated versions of your fakemons have been included.

Second, Mr. Mammoth, I have resized your drawing so it fits appropriately into the dex. I hope that's okay!

Third, I've closed the individual assignments. We'll use them again if stuff gets confusing.

Fourth, new section! "Pokedex Items"! So, if there are any new battle items, evolutionary stones, wild hold items, berries, anything that you would like to add.. there is now a section for it! :) So, I encourage you all to think critically about your past, current, and future designs. How do they evolve? What are their specialties in battle?

Fifth, The "Personal Pokemon" section is a continuation of Uncatalogued Pokemon, but will be separated when we have some more. Also, please go over the Uncatalogued section. I threw a few pokemon in there because, as far as I could tell, they were not listed with any names or types. Sunny, your recent fakemons ended up in there because we're not sure on whether or not to use them. If we do, I'll add them to the appropriate place. :)

Good job guys~

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Well, my tablet still refuses to work properly, so I might not be able to do any digital art for awhile u_u However, I did doodle up a couple Fakemon in my sketchpad... I'm still playing around with the designs.

The body isn't suppose to be yellow. It's supposed to be green. The scan made the colors change e-e Same on its evolution.
Spoiler:

And its evolution. I'd have made the shell bigger, but I was tired of drawing flowers .w.' This would be a male. A female would have a pink flower on the head and tail instead of a blue one. Also, I wasn't sure which looked better on the shell: A variety of colors, or two alternating colors?
Spoiler:

Both are grass types, the evolution could be part poison. I haven't come up with names for either yet.

Back