• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2009
no worry's, it randomly started working, very odd..
i honestly didnt change anything for it to start working, all i did was check what was different between my custom ones and the ones already made.. oh well, thanks anyway :)
but btw, do you know if tiles are suppose to look like
thats for tileset 14, pokemon ruby, and sappire, someone else said that was normal,
but im still concerend :O

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
no worry's, it randomly started working, very odd..
i honestly didnt change anything for it to start working, all i did was check what was different between my custom ones and the ones already made.. oh well, thanks anyway :)
but btw, do you know if tiles are suppose to look like
thats for tileset 14, pokemon ruby, and sappire, someone else said that was normal,
but im still concerend :O

OMG are you cheating on me?! LOL JK
I told you it is fine!
Everyone gets that, it is normal!
Now please, stop asking that!

School days again...
Years
Hey 0m3GA ARS3NAL, you said that I can change the font in Tile Molester Alternative but how and where is it?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Does anyone know the offset (and the compression type) of the font in FR/LG?

Did you even read the last 2 post in the thread?
Seriously, please read the thread.
Anyways, the thread is not LZ77 compressed, so you'll have to get a program called Tile Molester Alternate.
Then you have to search for it...
(I can not remember where it is, bottom or top, I forgot...)
Found it again.
(Before you look for it, be sure to click on "View" then "Block Size" then "Custom" and be sure to change it to 8X8, then exit out and play with the arrows in the top of the Tile Molester to make the image look right.)

The offset is (In tile molester search form)

002319B8

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Anyways, the thread is not LZ77 compressed, so you'll have to get a program called Tile Molester Alternate.
Found it again.
(Before you look for it, be sure to click on "View" then "Block Size" then "Custom" and be sure to change it to 8X8, then exit out and play with the arrows in the top of the Tile Molester to make the image look right.)

002319B8
Thanks, what I needed was a more specific response and also the kind of compression, as I didn't know whether you were talking about Ruby, or Emerald, or what.
Thanks for helping.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Thanks, what I needed was a more specific response and also the kind of compression, as I didn't know whether you were talking about Ruby, or Emerald, or what.
Thanks for helping.

You are kinda making no sense. Images and things are stored in LZ77 Compression in pokemon games, (Like the pokemon images, or trainer images)
That is what Compression is.
In any case, that is the location of the font for Fire Red in TILE MOLESTER ALTERNATE.
Don't expect to go into a Hex editor and see it there, cause you will not see anything.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I've still got this problem. Recently, I installed some DP tiles onto my Emerald rom. According to A-Map(1.92), everything worked and it was all fine:
View attachment 48398
See how the tiles have nothing wrong with them(ignore the houses, look at the trees and flowers)?

Yet, when I open up the rom in VBA, this happens:
View attachment 48399
Why do I have two different maps and how can I fix it?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Is it possible to expand the Main Tileset (Tileset 0) in Pokemon Ruby, to make more spaces for tiles in Advance Map, as I have run out of room to make the tiles to place on maps (the 16x16 blocks)?

Sierraffinity

Years
You are kinda making no sense. Images and things are stored in LZ77 Compression in pokemon games, (Like the pokemon images, or trainer images)
That is what Compression is.
In any case, that is the location of the font for Fire Red in TILE MOLESTER ALTERNATE.
Don't expect to go into a Hex editor and see it there, cause you will not see anything.
Yeah, I understand. What I meant by type of compression is either no compression or LZ77 compression. Sorry if I worded that wrong. :P

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
OK, this question has been skipped twice now!
Recently, I installed some DP tiles onto my Emerald rom. According to A-Map(1.92), everything worked and it was all fine:
View attachment 48398
See how the tiles have nothing wrong with them(ignore the houses, look at the trees and flowers)?

View attachment 48399

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
OK, this question has been skipped twice now!
Recently, I installed some DP tiles onto my Emerald rom. According to A-Map(1.92), everything worked and it was all fine:
View attachment 48398

View attachment 48399

No, it has not been skipped, we do not know the answer.
Please do not repost your question until your question has been moved backwards 25 posts, OR until it has been moved back one page.

Sierraffinity

Years
Found it again.

002319B8
But those don't look like the real one, and when I edit them and save, the changes don't appear..
Also, when I deleted all the letters and numbers, no changes happened in-game.

Last edited:

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
No, it has not been skipped, we do not know the answer.
Please do not repost your question until your question has been moved backwards 25 posts, OR until it has been moved back one page.

Ah, OK, sorry! I'll keep that in mind! Oh, well here's another question: How can I change the Pokedex order in Emerald? Sebbe's isn't compatible.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Would anyone happen to know what is Giovanni's number in FireRed, in unLZ.gba?

I also have a problem with A-Text. Every time I open it, before it even shows the window, it says "A-Text has encountered an error and has to close". The typical message along those lines. Why is this? Should I re-download it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back